ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Post Rankings

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
I saw the Washington Post I think it was the state rankings. Dematha is number 1 Damascus is number 12. Damascus must have a good team

Reactions: Tony54
I believe that it is a DC area poll. They include DC, some Maryland, and Northern Virginia in their polls. Not taking anything away from Damascus. LOL

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Bleedred I think you are correct, thank you. they have Freedom #3 as well, Archbishop Spalding #1. Tony You are correct about polls especially this early. Interesting #10 Friendship Collegiate only beat Dunbar DC 19-6 last week, next they play St. John Bosco California the team some had finishing #1 in the country last year.

Reactions: Tony54
I never read too much into polls, especially at the public high school level. The turnover is too great to get a read on what you have and the initial polls are usually based on past history and name notoriety more than actual talent. As for Damascus, I believe their JV team went undefeated last year and they have some returners at skill positions. The drop in class isn't going to hurt their cause either. The only teams in 2A that I see having a chance to compete with them are Milford Mill and maybe Walkersville and Kent Island. Walkersville and KI are probably a stretch but looking at the list, they probably have a better chance than most. I would say that 3A is Oakdale's to lose. The new classes look even more watered down than before. Not a fan of this 6 class thing at all but it is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT