ADVERTISEMENT

Times-News All Area Football Team

Not quite sure I understand. So are you saying getting a scholarship to a small D1 school is not as significate as getting one to say Clemson or Alabama? Scholarships are scholarships, your schooling is getting paid for weather you go to Ohio State or Youngstown State. it doesn't matter how muddy the water is

As a father with a soon-to-be high school senior, believe me when I say I understand the value of any scholarship offer, lol. I would love to have my kid get a full ride to Youngstown State!

But to answer your question, the term "D1 Football Scholarship" does carry more weight than (formerly) D1-AA, D2 or D3. I don't think I'm saying anything controversial. Just like an "Ivy League Degree" carries more weight in the workplace than my UMCP degree. Playing for Ohio State will be viewed more significantly than playing for Youngstown State. Playing for UMCP is viewed more significantly than playing for Towson State. As we all know, players from those smaller schools make NFL squads every single year, but lets not pretend like there's no difference.

Reactions: OneRing
As a father with a soon-to-be high school senior, believe me when I say I understand the value of any scholarship offer, lol. I would love to have my kid get a full ride to Youngstown State!

But to answer your question, the term "D1 Football Scholarship" does carry more weight than (formerly) D1-AA, D2 or D3. I don't think I'm saying anything controversial. Just like an "Ivy League Degree" carries more weight in the workplace than my UMCP degree. Playing for Ohio State will be viewed more significantly than playing for Youngstown State. Playing for UMCP is viewed more significantly than playing for Towson State. As we all know, players from those smaller schools make NFL squads every single year, but lets not pretend like there's no difference.
You hit my point on the head, scholarships from any school is an achievement. You take what you can get in this world today

Never said that. I guess any full ride scholarship is DI to you.
What are you talking about. I am saying a D1 scholarship is a D1 scholarship. You just made it sound like a softball scholarship was no big deal. That's how the whole conversation got started

Just my opinion as I feel you just made it sound like it is easier to get D1 a scholarship in softball, baseball or basketball. Bottom line no matter what sport if you get a D1 offer it is quite an accomplishment no matter D1 FBS, D1 FCS or D2. Even an NAIA scholarship would be worth bragging about

Just my opinion as I feel you just made it sound like it is easier to get D1 a scholarship in softball, baseball or basketball. Bottom line no matter what sport if you get a D1 offer it is quite an accomplishment no matter D1 FBS, D1 FCS or D2. Even an NAIA scholarship would be worth bragging about
Just said there are more DI schools to give out scholarships in sports other than football.

I was just wondering ow many graduating seniors from Fort Hill's football team are going on to play football at the next level? Also how many Fort hill players are currently playing college football? I know Luke Hamilton is at Towson but are there others?

I was just wondering ow many graduating seniors from Fort Hill's football team are going on to play football at the next level? Also how many Fort hill players are currently playing college football? I know Luke Hamilton is at Towson but are there others?

Go back and read the entire thread. Evidently 10 graduating seniors from FH have offers to play college ball.

Actually there are 11 players that have been offered a chance to play ball at the next level if you count the kicker. Will they all have the grades or the desire to play D2 or D3? That remains to be seen. I don't expect some people here to understand...but D2 and D3 is about going to school, not about football.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
I don't know that there are ten 72 Utah 1 alderson 32 frostburg maybe more

It's hard to get a true count now. We have to wait until August to really see. Hopefully there are "boatloads" of kids getting offers.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT