ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts after Week #2

Fort Hill could compete with any 3a school. Compete maybe not win all but compete. Don't be a hater.

Fort Hill could compete with any 3A school? There's an easy way to find out, but you will never schedule a good 3A school.

Which pretty much proves your point that there is a world of difference between 2A and 1A. Dunbar was just as dominant when they were in 1A as FH is now. Dunbar hasn't "changed" they just moved up a class. And yeah, they scheduled Gilman...and lost...and still haven't won a 2A title anyway. It's not lost on anyone that FH would have the same struggles.

Per you. Understood. We get it. It was 50. Then 25. Now it's 20. At least they're moving up. :)

I think it's 6 playing and 1 (Brown) with a verbal commit? I'm just going from memory, I might have missed a couple.

I referring to the thread a few weeks ago. The last number was 3 former Sentinels playing college ball. I definitely could be mistaken about this.

Fort Hill could compete with any 3A school? There's an easy way to find out, but you will never schedule a good 3A school.

Sherando? Hello?
Oh I get it, they aren't very good. If they play FH they aren't any good. They play toe to toe with Martinsburg every year now and won 9 games last year but i know their schedule was full of cupcakes too. I know because FH played them and you said so. Granted South Hagerstown isn't upper echolon 3A but they are no slouch. Beating Mervo and Urbana the last 2 weeks doesn't mean anything.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
Sherando? Hello?
Oh I get it, they aren't very good. If they play FH they aren't any good. They play toe to toe with Martinsburg every year now and won 9 games last year but i know their schedule was full of cupcakes too. I know because FH played them and you said so. Granted South Hagerstown isn't upper echolon 3A but they are no slouch. Beating Mervo and Urbana the last 2 weeks doesn't mean anything.

Sherando isn't a Maryland school, but since you again brought up Martinsburg, why don't you guys just play them? And research Sherando's overall record versus Martinsburg. I'm sure you already know what you're going to find. Playing Sherando isn't the same thing - nice try though. I'm glad you brought up South Hagerstown too. It shows how you conveniently find ways to play the weaker 3A and 4A schools like South and Walter Johnson, but will never schedule a serious football school. FH has built a good program, but haven't played another good team in almost 10 years. Take pride in your 1A titles, but stop talking crazy about other schools that have to line up and play tough opponents (at least) 4 or 5 times a year.

13, 2, 4, 20, 10, 63 are just 6 players that could compete against any level kid in this state. They play in 1 a and its not their fault but they would start on most any roster in this state.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Helmick didn't say they were a top 3A team, just said they are playing like a 3A Team, and surely they are, they would beat most.

This goes to my point I was making on the other thread about not ragging on weak area schedules as long as the homers don't beat their chest and brag about how good their team is... Don't talk with all this bravado about how you're playing at a 3a level but when someone calls you on it you conveniently use the excuse that you're 1a ball. Which is it, are you 1a ball or 3a ball? You can't have it both ways... Don't bark and wolf when you're too scared to step off the front porch... If you're 1a ball then you're 1a ball, no problem... But keep your mouth shut in the process... This was the point that the attack dogs couldn't wrap their brain around...

Last edited:
OMG!!! Don't you guys have any other subject to discuss??? You've been saying the same thing over and over again! Nothing is going to change!! Every year after year after year!! You get a dominate team and they are suppose to play a schedule of teams that can beat them every week and not make the playoffs even though everyone else is doing the opposite. Get off the playground and come up with a fresh subject!!!

Sherando isn't a Maryland school, but since you again brought up Martinsburg, why don't you guys just play them? And research Sherando's overall record versus Martinsburg. I'm sure you already know what you're going to find. Playing Sherando isn't the same thing - nice try though. I'm glad you brought up South Hagerstown too. It shows how you conveniently find ways to play the weaker 3A and 4A schools like South and Walter Johnson, but will never schedule a serious football school. FH has built a good program, but haven't played another good team in almost 10 years. Take pride in your 1A titles, but stop talking crazy about other schools that have to line up and play tough opponents (at least) 4 or 5 times a year.

The 2 years FH plays Sherando. Hmmmm let's look up their scores with Martinsburg the last two times they played. Damn what do you know. LOL. But they aren't in Maryland so they dont count. But FH should play Martinsburg. Are they in Maryland? Sherando is a very good 3A school. But yea they are not in Maryland.

You want to know something really funny? I'm looking at Martinsburg's schedule and it's worse than the one FH plays. LMFAO!

Where are those big bad PG County schools? Why won't they come here? Oh that's right they can't afford a bus. Lame excuse.

Last edited:
Haters gonna hate... Pathetic. "You mean to tell me you guys are beating everyone in your class !!!???" "Well then you should play other classes that YOU DONT COMPETE WITH!!!" Seriously these idiots are talking about Alabama playing the New England Patriots, and thinking they have a leg to stand on. How uneducated do you have to be to buy into these trolls

Can't afford a bus? Really? That's a pretty high level of condescension there. Are we sure it's not more so the difficulty in justifying the cost in bypassing close to 100 schools and traveling 5-6 hours round trip to do it? Besides, what's preventing a trip there if they're so poor they can't come to you?

Savage I actually agree with you about the pounding of the chest if in fact it's being done the way you say it is. I actually believe most people on here are just simply having an opinion on the issue. It is an issue that will never be resolved. Like comparing teams. No one will ever know which one of the great FH teams were the best. There are 6-8 that are arguable. In terms of whether FH is 3A worthy or not people can speculate that they are based on many factors. Size, speed and athleticism are easy to see and this team has plenty of it. That's how I go by my claim that they are a 3-4A level in 4-5 different positions. The depth is there This year as well. Would they win the 3A state title probably not but they are a 3A playoff team for sure. We will never know but I base my opinion on what I see. I see a 240 horse as a full back, a complete athlete who has already committed to a solid FCS school, a 2 time all state LB that started as a 9 grader, 2 physically dominant man child DT's that are also quick, the best complete QB that's been there in 20 years or more, and depth upon depth. Throw that in with an experienced coaching staff and you get a pretty damn good football team. No chest beating here just an analysis of what this team offers.

Savage I actually agree with you about the pounding of the chest if in fact it's being done the way you say it is. I actually believe most people on here are just simply having an opinion on the issue. It is an issue that will never be resolved. Like comparing teams. No one will ever know which one of the great FH teams were the best. There are 6-8 that are arguable. In terms of whether FH is 3A worthy or not people can speculate that they are based on many factors. Size, speed and athleticism are easy to see and this team has plenty of it. That's how I go by my claim that they are a 3-4A level in 4-5 different positions. The depth is there This year as well. Would they win the 3A state title probably not but they are a 3A playoff team for sure. We will never know but I base my opinion on what I see. I see a 240 horse as a full back, a complete athlete who has already committed to a solid FCS school, a 2 time all state LB that started as a 9 grader, 2 physically dominant man child DT's that are also quick, the best complete QB that's been there in 20 years or more, and depth upon depth. Throw that in with an experienced coaching staff and you get a pretty damn good football team. No chest beating here just an analysis of what this team offers.

I don't deny any of that.. But every year Its the same "speculations".. Just as much as people are tired of hearing me talk about the weak schedules im just as tired of hearing about the "speculations" and excuses... Btw these aren't my words but If you think you're playing at a 3a level, that you can compete with any team in the state, and you would like to see Good Counsel and Damascus schedule the damn games already and stop the speculation and excuses year in and year out...

Last edited:
Can't afford a bus? Really? That's a pretty high level of condescension there. Are we sure it's not more so the difficulty in justifying the cost in bypassing close to 100 schools and traveling 5-6 hours round trip to do it? Besides, what's preventing a trip there if they're so poor they can't come to you?

Exactly for the 100th time.
Why should FH schedule all these better teams on the road for a 5-6 hour drive on their own dime just to prove a point? No one else will but hey FH needs too. Great logic.

Exactly for the 100th time.
Why should FH schedule all these better teams on the road for a 5-6 hour drive on their own dime just to prove a point? No one else will but hey FH needs too. Great logic.

It's ironic that FH has a million reasons why they can't play any good downstate teams, but somehow they can work out the logistics to play Surrattsville, Fairmont Heights, Capitol Christian, Walter Johnson, etc. - And for the record, I don't have a problem with them playing those teams who are on their level. My comments are to the people who say FH can play with 3A schools and should be recognized among the elite football squads in the state.

The people of Baltimore don't want to live there, why would anyone want to take their kids their on a Friday night 4-5000 people in the big city No Thanks, it;s so bad most of the schools play games on Saturday afternoons, that's not High School Football. Look up TEX,FLA,PA and see how many games are on Saturday.
Those schools should travel and play and the kids would enjoy those trips, why don't you mention that the Baltimore Schools, PG schools play the locals in their area but why don't they travel? THE MAN ALREADY TOLD YOU, They can't afford it.... but Schools up here should? I for one will tell ya Sherando year in year out would be a Top 15 MD School in any class and I would much rather make away trips there every year than have to go downstate and watch those circuses on a Saturday afternoon.

Would I love to see Fort Hill play some 3A "elite" schools. Your damn right I would. The problem always goes back to the current playoff system. Say FH schedules 2 of the elite schools and loses both. With as weak as everyone else's schedule in the area is, there is a real chance that they would miss the playoffs with an 8-2 and that's all saying that ALCO won't pull a rabbit out their hats and knock off FH at homecoming. Then that makes the record 7-3 and a for sure miss of the playoffs. Like Mr. Helmick has stated before, they are trying to make the playoffs and win a state title not play power houses and lose. While it would be fun to see those kind of great match ups, it's just not smart.

Would I love to see Fort Hill play some 3A "elite" schools. Your damn right I would. The problem always goes back to the current playoff system. Say FH schedules 2 of the elite schools and loses both. With as weak as everyone else's schedule in the area is, there is a real chance that they would miss the playoffs with an 8-2 and that's all saying that ALCO won't pull a rabbit out their hats and knock off FH at homecoming. Then that makes the record 7-3 and a for sure miss of the playoffs. Like Mr. Helmick has stated before, they are trying to make the playoffs and win a state title not play power houses and lose. While it would be fun to see those kind of great match ups, it's just not smart.

here we go with the excuses... 6-4 will get you into the west region playoffs. If you're at 6-4 and can't beat an allegany team at homecoming I don't know what business you have being in the playoffs anyway. Saying you'll schedule yourself out of the playoffs is a ridiculous excuse based on a bunch of what ifs and hypothetical's. This isn't the 90's where only 8 teams make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoyznBlue
if all other excuses fail, fall back on the ol' hypothetical, what if you schedule yourself out of the playoff argument. Question has that ever really happened or are we talking about a .00001 scenario that is keeping area teams from scheduling a perennial power?

Why do all these idiots want to see FH schedule themselves out of the playoffs of which they are competeting for.. All yeah I answered my own question... They're idiots

No one can beat us in 1a, and we're a 1a school.. All other side conversations are irrelevant. Anyone arguing otherwise is hoping FH schedules them selves out of the playoffs so someone else can win, and then talk trash ABOUT THAT!!!

Haters gonna hate, and be trolls

If FH scheduled all 4A teams and didn't make the playoffs, these idiots would say we don't belong there. However we have gotten #1 or number 2 seed frequently because we got bonus points from WINNING PROGRAMS...

FH is a 1A school and competing better than all within 1A!!!

"All yeah, well I don't see New England Patriots on FH's schedule" would be your next argument... Get it together trolls!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Why do all these idiots want to see FH schedule themselves out of the playoffs of which they are competeting for.. All yeah I answered my own question... They're idiots

I agree 100%. It is idiotic to schedule teams above your level and miss the playoffs. Stop talking about Martinsburg and rack up another 1A title.

Reactions: hbpass2

Here's something for the real idiot to ponder... After all these years of false accusations saying we want FH to schedule themselves out of the playoffs and we want FH to schedule the New England Patriots and DeMatha and Good Counsel which are all lies... In fact it was your own guru leader Todd Helmick, who after all these years of making excuses, finally came out and said what you and others have been lying on us about... I'm just going to sit Todd Helmicks quotes right here.. Maybe you can get someone to help you read them..

"FH is not a 1A team on the field, they are a 3A quality team."

" I see FH being able to compete with any team in the state right now."

"I would like to see Good Counsel or Damascus come here"

These are facts, your own guru leader said it.. Not us!!! We're just saying why doesn't everyone stop talking out their ass and settle the issue by scheduling the games??? You might want to take your pent up, I live in my mommy's basement, frustrations out on the person who actually said those things... I can spot a Donald Trump, can't get his facts straight, troll supporter from a mile away.. This is why I ignore you most of the time because you just sound flat out uneducated and ignorant and a waste of time.. Now you're going back on ignore.

Last edited:
Lol, again obvioulsy you set on the refresh button all day... Get out of your parents basement Bruh!!!!

Secondly? Todd is not my guru brother!

However his statement you alluded to about FH being able to compete with anybody in the state is a valid argument. However valid it is doesn't mean it should have been made in hindsight.

Fort Hill being a 3A quality team is a recognition to the hard work and dedication of the FH program. In no way do I take from that, we should be competing with 3A teams, it's just the understanding of what level and caliber this team is playing at. Quit being retarded and spiteful towards the Fort Hill program!!! Block THAT! You can, but no way can you ignore the truth. You're a troll that looks for reactions to your comments

Last edited:
Hell I would love to see those games also, but no matter how much I would love to see them, it does very little benefit in HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL

Lol, again obvioulsy you set on the refresh button all day... Get out of your parents basement Bruh!!!!

Secondly? Todd is not my guru brother!

However however his statement you were limited to about four he'll be a number to compete with anybody in the state is a valid argument. However valid it is doesn't mean it should have been made in hindsight.

Fort Hill being a 3A quality team is a recognition to the hard work and dedication of the FH program. In no way do I take from that, we should be competing with 3A teams, it's just the understanding of what level and caliber this team is playing at. Quit being retarded and spiteful towards the Fort Hill program!!! Block THAT! You can, but no way can you ignore the truth. You're a troll that looks for reactions to your comments

"However valid it is doesn't mean it should have been made in hindsight."

"Fort Hill being a 3A quality team is a recognition to the hard work and dedication of the FH program. "

A. You're not one to speak for Todd Helmick
B. Who are You to censor someone's comments?
C. If you feel the comments shouldn't have been made then take it up with the correct individuals who made the comments..
D. Once again saying FH is a quality 3a team is an "ass betting" statement.. Only one way to prove it... Schedule a quality 3a team...

Here's something for the real idiot to ponder... After all these years of false accusations saying we want FH to schedule themselves out of the playoffs and we want to FH to schedule the New England Patriots and DeMatha and Good Counsel which are all lies... In fact it was your guru leader Todd Helmick, who after all these years made excuses, finally came out and said what you and others have been lying on us about... I'm just going to sit Todd Helmicks quotes right here.. Maybe you can get someone to help you read them..

"I see FH being able to compete with any team in the state right now."

These are fact your own guru leader said it.. Not us!!! We're just saying why doesn't everyone stop talking out their ass and settle the issue by scheduling the games??? I can spot a Donald Trump, can't get his facts straight, troll supporter from a mile away.. This is why I ignore you most of the time because you just sound flat out uneducated and ignorant and a waste of time.. Now you're going back on ignore.

Todd H tells them this stuff and they actually believe it. But there's a reason he doesn't bring those teams in. He has admitted it several times, most recently about a month ago:

"The goal at the 1A level around here is to get to the playoffs and compete for a state championship. And everyone avoids playing 3A/ 4A powers to get where they need to be based on the playoff system we have."

Reactions: hbpass2
If anyone could be upset with their short comings with the FH community it could easily be me... But I decided growing up, and passing on tradition were more important to me!

Todd H tells them this stuff and they actually believe it. But there's a reason he doesn't bring those teams in. He has admitted it several times, most recently about a month ago:

"The goal at the 1A level around here is to get to the playoffs and compete for a state championship. And everyone avoids playing 3A/ 4A powers to get where they need to be based on the playoff system we have."

Which is nothing but an excuse.. As it's been pointed out 6-4 gets you into the playoffs... As ultrawalt stated since 2010 all but one year a 6-4 team made the West region playoffs.. It's just more smoke being blown up people's ass.

"However valid it is doesn't mean it should have been made in hindsight."

"Fort Hill being a 3A quality team is a recognition to the hard work and dedication of the FH program. "

A. You're not one to speak for Todd Helmick
B. Who are You to censor someone's comments?
C. If you feel the comments shouldn't have been made then take it up with the correct individuals who made the comments..
D. Once again saying FH is a quality 3a team is an "ass betting" statement.. Only one way to prove it... Schedule a quality 3a team...

Noone spoke for anyone...! I was just making an observation. I too seen the political nature of the response. Doesn't change the facts.

If your a quality 3a team, do you schedule FH??? Why take the risk for little reward??? ITS NOT FH's FAULT. If I was a 25A team I would never schedule a team that may beat me, when winning mean less points. You act dumb enough that you think it fh's fault

Let's be honest about what all the hate is about...

Why the "angst" as previously stated by someone that knows you??? Come clean Bruh...

These walls need to be broken down to rebuild our community

Noone spoke for anyone...! I was just making an observation. I too seen the political nature of the response. Doesn't change the facts.

If your a quality 3a team, do you schedule FH??? Why take the risk for little reward??? ITS NOT FH's FAULT. If I was a 25A team I would never schedule a team that may beat me, when winning mean less points. You act dumb enough that you think it fh's fault

Actually top 25 teams are scheuling each other with the possibility of losing to one another.. This just goes to show how little you know and how absurd your excuses are... lol now it's the excuse that "no good larger schools will schedule FH".. These excuses are soo laughable

As ultrawalt pointed out, why would any team drive 5-6 hours round trip to play in Cumberland?

FH ranked 16th in state poll now and climbing. Gotta love it! I smell top 10. GO BIG RED!

Actually top 25 teams are scheuling each other with the possibility of losing to one another.. This just goes to show how little you know and how absurd your excuses are... lol now it's the excuse that "no good larger schools will schedule FH".. These excuses are soo laughable

Who plays a tougher schedule in this area? Including all of Berkeley County. Oh gosh golly gee who cares what others do right? This is all about Big Red.

Who plays a tougher schedule in this area? Including all of Berkeley County. Oh gosh golly gee who cares what others do right? This is all about Big Red.

You guys make no damn sense. I dont know if you guys can't read, comprehend, or are just so blinded by defending a perceived slight that you completely miss what's being said... I don't know how to state this any simplier that you may understand but for one last time, I couldn't care less who FH plays or who Martinsburg plays or who Allegany plays, they can play the dumb, deaf, and blind for all I care... What I'm
addressing are these comments made by your message board leader/schedule guru Todd H and the rest of the fanatics that make similar claims year in and year out... I'll leave Todd H' s comments here one last time...

" I see FH being able to compete with any team in the state right now."

Now try and stay on topic and tell me why I'm wrong for asking why don't you put up or shut up and just schedule these teams if you feel you're "3a quality team" and that you could compete with Damascus and Good Counsel? Why am I wrong for asking that question??? When people are making such claims..

This is one sad thread. Look people this is 1A football in Maryland . FH is good this year ,YES THIS IS TRUE. But 2 key injuries could change there season and yes ok they have some depth but there's only one of each of these guys that CANT be replaced on the FH roster #2,4,20,63,10,13, any 2 of these guys go down it changes everything in 1A that's just the way it is , also tell me what did FH do to prove all this hype? I'll tell you nothing yep nothing what so ever. They beat a absolutely terrible Brunswick team and Keyser on a down year .Sadly the FH schedule is no test at all how good this team really is there biggest games will be Hagerstown and ALCO ..Sherando will not be a test at all it will be about as good as the Keyser game .So how can anyone say this team after they gave 2 very sub par teams a ass kicking that there playing at a 3A level or beat this team or that team , Really this team will not have a chance to prove how good they might be the schedule doesn't allow it .. Trust me this post pains me for I am a die hard FH fan but I also deal in reality . Trust me I would love to see this team in a dog fight this season against a good team , but again in reality it's not gonna happen atleast in the regular season..

Tu wing left maybe you speak their language and they'll understand you...

I'm a believer that this FH team is of 3A quality. it was shown to me when 1's played 1's in the Tuscarora scrimmage, and fh was better. However, wing left is right, fh will not get the opportunity, except for sherando, to show that they are what people like me say they are. who's fault is it? I dont really know. savage is correct. the thought that you don't want to schedule yourself out of the playoffs so chicken shit teams like northern get in and fh doesn't is no longer a viable argument. 7-3 gets you in. maybe its the idea that the powers that be want homefield throughout. I don't know. I'm a product of the 80's when we were 3A. we didn't win a state title but we came close in 86 and 87. in those years we played in the CVAL. BW was good then and we filled the schedule with teams like Frederick, TJ and Magruder and of course keyser. we scrimmaged 4A powerhouse Gaithersburg and Altoona and Morgantown in those years. when you got in the playoffs there were no gimmies. there were no smithburgs and douglas and havre de grace. but we had 12-1300 in the school back then. we don't have 700 now. I would like to see stronger teams on the schedule because to me that's how you get better, by testing yourself. we were tested almost every week back then and it was fun and there were huge crowds but there were no championships. close but close don't hang a flag. ill finish this diatribe by saying this fh team is as good in places or better most fh teams that I've seen since the late 70's when I started paying attention. fh will hang it's fourth straight flag at a home basketball game this year, but yes the schedule does prevent us from really knowing how good this team really is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT