ADVERTISEMENT

They say......

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
They say noone will play us, we will play any 1A or 2A team. Dunbar is a 1A team and wanted to play you. What happened????? Isn't Middletown 2A, bring out the excuses.....lol. keep packing the schedule with cupcakes or a decent school when you know they are hitting a couple down years. Congratulations to Bryan Hansel for getting rid of cupcakes and picking up football teams. Also, talking to good football programs to build a relationship with them to get them on the schedule when there are openings. 1A is finally getting a few football teams after being a cupcake division for what the last 8 years?? It's awesome to see 1 area school not running, hiding, and making excuses. Proud to be on the blue side... I know the red will bring out every excuse possible, but actions are what count......keep talking excuses while running from any competition.....

Last edited:
Let's clear this Alco hope rumor about Dunbar up right now.

Dunbar never asked FH for a football game. Yet FH asked Dunbar for a Week 1 and Week 5 game. Who do you think Dunbar picked? Chew on that one.

Middletown begged Alco for a week 1 game a month ago. Alco coaches said no way. FH asked Middletown for a week 1 game but Middletown had found someone else. Chew on that one.

Boonsoro, Northern, Southern and Chestnut Ridge all play Alco but won't touch FH. Although Southern did make an attempt to play FH for 2017 after choosing to only play Alco this past season. Chew on that one.

How is it Boonsboro can still have a week 8 open and still flat out refuse to play FH?

Bottom line is that if you have to play Alco or FH the choice is hands down obvious. Do you want to play a team that has lost one game in 4 years while beating Alco 10 staight times or do you want to play Alco? Let's ask Northern, Southern, Chestnut Ridge, Boonsboro, Middletown or Dunbar.

That's a lot to chew on isn't it?

Reactions: Over the top we go
Wow, where do some of you get your info?

FH has asked Dunbar for a Week 1 and Week 5 game. In fact the Week 5 game offer where both teams have an opening was still on the table all the past 2 weeks. And FH even agreed to travel to Baltimore. Dunbar is currently pursuing someone else for Week 5. How do I know this? Because I made the offer. And that is no knock on Dunbar, they are not ducking FH. They got a Cumberland school to play in the regular season and thank goodness for that finally.The fact Alco is playing Dunbar is a great testament to Coach Hansel for seeing this game got done. Applause and kudos!!!!! I love the things he is doing and there is much to be excited about for Big Blue. But please don't try and turn it around into an FH thing and that FH ducked Dunbar. Way off.

Middletown did approach both Alco and FH about a Week 1 game. I know because I talked to their AD Mke DeSimone for an hour. FH decided let's do it...called Middletown to make it happen but they had already ended up landing Potomac School out of VA. BrianH, do you know someone at Boonsboro? Because I've tried to land them every year for the last 5 years where they always have an open date when FH does. Here is their coaches reply, "We will not play FH. The only chance we have is to outpoint FH and hope we get them here in the playoffs because we have no chance of going to Greenway and beating them with those refs." Personally I don't believe Boonsboro has any chance of beating FH here, there or on the moon with referees paid off to cheat for the Warriors by Don King himself.

I catch a ton of flack from administrators and even coaches for coming to a place like this and being open about policies and "behind closed door" deals that are never spoken publicly. I'm obviously not a politician because I believe in being open and dispelling untruth, like it or not.

Last edited:
Oh snap!

I see mdfootball removed his post right after TD cleared things up. LOL! Lesson to be learned never ass-u-me anything.

So did Fort hill ask Middletown for a game for week one like BrianH said or did Middletown ask fort hill like tdhelmick said? I'm assuming if Middletown asked both schools a month ago about week 1 then both schools said no? Surely they wouldn't have asked if they already had the Potomac school signed. So I'm assuming both Allegany and Fort hill said no?

Nice little edit on the above post tdhelmick. lol You guys spin it how you want it lol

Last edited:
Reactions: cumbfanatic
I don't want to speak for Alco. Middletown asked Alco a month or so ago because Alco had an open date post on the MPSSAA board looking for that week. FH did not post anything (another story why I don't like to post on open dates boards if we can avoid it). So the Middletown AD called me to see if I could help him find a Week 1 game as I try to help many schools or if I knew whether or not Alco was still open Week 1. I told him as far as I knew they were but so was FH. I also told him that I don't know whether FH would want that game or not based on other Week 1 deals we were working on at the time. After discussing it amongst themselves for about 4-5 days, FH decided it was good with them as the other deals were stalling. Called Middletown to make it happen and then found out they found someone else.That's the scheduling business. You can wait to see if other deals work out but it's rolling the dice as other teams are doing the same. That is mostly because deals are rarely a one phone call/done deal. It takes contracts, principal signatures, discussions with multiple schools. Sometimes you snooze you lose, other times you hold off and get the team you really want. As and example, in the past FH was able to pick up South Hagerstown while holding off on another deal with a team 4 hours away in Philly.

There is no spin MDfootball12. I don't have or need a source. Nor do I need to sign up today for a new hidden username and chime in on this topic with no references. Feel free to call Dunbar or Middletown

Last edited:
On a similar but different note...Week 1 games are usually the easiest to get because teams that are in leagues all have league play the later parts of their season. It's the Week 7 and 8 and 9 games that are really hard to fill. So if a team is going to be picky, week 1 is the time to do it. Also noted is the fact that FH has turned down offers, no need to lie about that. Broad Run (VA) with 1700 kids needs that Week 1. The problem is they start practice July 27 (two weeks ahead of MPSSAA schools) and have a game already under their belt before the Maryland schools. You can call that an excuse if you want, but no college or NFL coach is going to want that type of disadvantage especially against a very good team.

So why did Dunbar turn down an offer from fort hill for week one and then reach out to Alco if what they were looking for was just to get a Cumberland school on their schedule as you say? from your original post clearly fort hill reached out to Dunbar before they contacted Alco so Dunbar said no to Fort hill?

Lol. Everyone says no to FH. The last 6 years FH could have played Dunbar obviously, we see who/what they choose. Guaranteed Dunbar would have played FH. Guess enough of the schedule talk, everyone can see how it is turning out. No reason to talk about what happened, we will see the schedules when they come out.

So why did Dunbar turn down an offer from fort hill for week one and then reach out to Alco if what they were looking for was just to get a Cumberland school on their schedule as you say? from your original post clearly fort hill reached out to Dunbar before they contacted Alco so Dunbar said no to Fort hill?

I never posted anything like that. I actually do not know if Alco reached out to Dunbar first or if Dunbar reached out to Alco. When FH reached out to Dunbar, that is when I found out Dunbar was already working with Alco. And I don't think Dunbar picked Alco over FH at all. Had Alco said no, Dunbar would have played FH as well.

hahaha, I'm not upset in the least. It's Saturday and on top of that I'm so excited that a Cumberland school is playing Dunbar at Greenway. I do wish it was FH because people know I'm a FH guy. But I actually hope FH doesn't play that same night as I really want to see that Alco vs. Dunbar game. Hope Alco fans pack the stadium with FH fans that evening. Wonder if Dunbar can sneak down the 52 steps like they did at my 2011 Quad. :eek:

Lol. Everyone says no to FH. The last 6 years FH could have played Dunbar obviously, we see who/what they choose. Guaranteed Dunbar would have played FH. Guess enough of the schedule talk, everyone can see how it is turning out. No reason to talk about what happened, we will see the schedules when they come out.

I have a list of 46 schools that have said no to FH already this month for a 2017 game. Many of them 4A schools that have won 8 or 9 games last year. I sent this all in an email to the MPSSAA. When the MPSSAA called Allegany County to see if that were true they were told that number was probably a kind estimate.

I help Coach Lawrence Smith every year with his multi team scrimmages at Dunbar. I have no idea where you come up with these rumors. If Baltimore City schools can play other Baltimore City schools, they take that based on budget decisions like PG County and Montgomery County will do. This year many Baltimore City schools won't play Dunbar and Coach Smith is piode about it. He has complained multiple times to the MPSSAA. I laughed and told him to get in line. He said I'm preaching to the choir. Much in common nowadays.

Last edited:
Reactions: towpath94
Well considering the whole alco Dunbar thing just happened last week I'd say you must have just reached out to them around what Wednesday or Thursday if they were talking to alco already. Coach Hansel jumped at the opportunity so it wasn't a drawn out process of discussions.

Alco folks preaching about schedules. That's too rich.

Northern, Southern, Chestnut Ridge, Boosboro. THEY WON'T PLAY FH because FH kicks the living crap out of them. Even Bishop Walsh and Frankfort continued to play Alco long after they dropped FH. It's no secret, Alco football is not on the same level these days obviously.

I don't want to speak for Alco. Middletown asked Alco a month or so ago because Alco had an open date post on the MPSSAA board looking for that week. FH did not post anything (another story why I don't like to post on open dates boards if we can avoid it). So the Middletown AD called me to see if I could help him find a Week 1 game as I try to help many schools or if I knew whether or not Alco was still open Week 1. I told him as far as I knew they were but so was FH. I also told him that I don't know whether FH would want that game or not based on other Week 1 deals we were working on at the time. After discussing it amongst themselves for about 4-5 days, FH decided it was good with them as the other deals were stalling. Called Middletown to make it happen and then found out they found someone else.That's the scheduling business. You can wait to see if other deals work out but it's rolling the dice as other teams are doing the same. That is mostly because deals are rarely a one phone call/done deal. It takes contracts, principal signatures, discussions with multiple schools. Sometimes you snooze you lose, other times you hold off and get the team you really want. As and example, in the past FH was able to pick up South Hagerstown while holding off on another deal with a team 4 hours away in Philly.

There is no spin MDfootball12. I don't have or need a source. Nor do I need to sign up today for a new hidden username and chime in on this topic with no references. Feel free to call Dunbar or Middletown

Excuse my language but what in the hell would need to be discussed for 4 or 5 days when Middleton asked? With all the belly aching about area 1a and 2a teams not wanting to play you would think FH would have said yes before Middleton could have gotten the offer out... Sounds like a stall tactic to me... The same old tired excuses every year.. I guarantee FH schedule will be full of cream puffs and a bunch of excuse that make no sense... I just wish you would call it what it is instead of taking everyone for fools... FH had to think it over about playing Middleton for 5 days really???? Gtfoh they probably waited until they knew Middleton filled their week one and then called back acting like they wanted to play. Hell that sounds more plausible...

Well considering the whole alco Dunbar thing just happened last week I'd say you must have just reached out to them around what Wednesday or Thursday if they were talking to alco already. Coach Hansel jumped at the opportunity so it wasn't a drawn out process of discussions.
It didn't just happen last week.

And then alco turned down Middletown for week one but then signs Dunbar? Sounds like fh fans are being fed some bs to try and cover their coaches asses. Like I said. Spin it however you want it lol where's this list of 46 schools? Let the fans see who is running from them. Especially those top 3a and 4a schools lol

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Excuse my language but what in the hell would need to be discussed for 4 or 5 days when Middleton asked? With all the belly aching about area 1a and 2a teams not wanting to play you would think FH would have said yes before Middleton could have gotten the offer out... Sounds like a stall tactic to me... The same old tired excuses every year.. I guarantee FH schedule will be full of cream puffs and a bunch of excuse that make no sense... I just wish you would call it what it is instead of taking everyone for fools... FH had to think it over about playing Middleton for 5 days really???? Gtfoh they probably waited until they knew Middleton filled their week one and then called back acting like they wanted to play. Hell that sounds more plausible...

FH was trying to get Dunbar for Week 1. Hence your pause. And two other schools were in conversation with FH as well.

And then alco turned down Middletown for week one but then signs Dunbar? Sounds like fh fans are being fed some bs to try and cover their coaches asses. Like I said. Spin it however you want it lol where's this list of 46 schools? Let the fans see who is running from them. Especially those top 3a and 4a schools lol
Thanks for signing up today to post your thoughts.

Fort hill was trying to get Dunbar but they were already in talks with alco. And this was over a month ago correct? You said Middletown contacted you guys a month ago. So alco and Dunbar were in discussions for over a month now? Your starting to get caught up here lol

FH was trying to get Dunbar for Week 1. Hence your pause. And two other schools were in conversation with FH as well.

Ummhhhmm as if anyone believes that for a second... Anyway I was always told bird in hand better than 2 in a bush... Putting a game like Middleton on ice after complaining about no area teams wanting to play makes absolutely no sense whatsoever... It seems like FH at every turn does something as to not make it happen.. Oh well what could have been...

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Fort hill was trying to get Dunbar but they were already in talks with alco. - CORRECT

And this was over a month ago correct? - Alco and Dunbar didn't just happen, been in talks for a while. I'm not sure how long ago exactly when they first talked but it was well before this week. And the game was originally set up as a Week 4 game through a misunderstanding.

You said Middletown contacted you guys a month ago - CORRECT but probably more like 3-4 weeks ago.

So alco and Dunbar were in discussions for over a month now? See Question 1 reply

When Middletown contacted me we were told that Alco and Dunbar was Week 4 game, so FH asked Dunbar for Week 1. Middletown AD said he had contacted Alco but was told no thanks. Maybe that is because Alco was already in touch with Dunbar, IDK.

A Middleton series seems like a dream scenario... Putting them on ice for a week makes absolutely no sense after complaining about not being able to find area games.. What it really boils down to and what everyone who isn't a FH homer knows is that FH can't find area games against Hancock, clear spring, northern. Area games against Martinsburg Morgantown Middleton linganore Walkersville are out there but FH doesn't want any parts of those games..

Ummhhhmm as if anyone believes that for a second... Anyway I was always told bird in hand better than 2 in a bush... Putting a game like Middleton on ice after complaining about no area teams wanting to play makes absolutely no sense whatsoever... It seems like FH at every turn does something as to not make it happen.. Oh well what could have been...
You are right. I make all this up using my own name.

Call 4A PG County Bowie. They are still advertising for a Week 1 game.
Call Wheeling Park - the No. 1 ranked team in the state of WV in 2015 with over 1500 students who needs a Week 7.

Oh, and tell them both we will travel in 2017.

Maybe we can use your scheduling knowledge to convince them. Or maybe you might learn a few things you know nothing about.

Dunbar should feel special. According to you both schools said no to Middletown in hopes of signing Dunbar hahahaha. I'm with you big savage. Same ol same ol. Enjoy your schedule sentinels. Alco looks forward to welcoming all you guys week one to watch them play dunbar while you guys play a 5-6 Loyola team. Lol

When you said FH put Middleton on hold for almost a week without jumping all over that opportunity, that told me all that i needed to know and have already suspected..

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdfootball12
You are right. I make all this up using my own name.

Call 4A PG County Bowie. They are still advertising for a Week 1 game.
Call Wheeling Park - the No. 1 ranked team in the state of WV in 2015 with over 1500 students who needs a Week 7.

Oh, and tell them both we will travel in 2017.

Maybe we can use your scheduling knowledge to convince them. Or maybe you might learn a few things you know nothing about.

Or I could call Martinsburg and watch the coaches and schedule makers shit themselves...

So they signed Dunbar and then kept it quiet for Weeks? Do you know Cumberland? Hahahahaha get out of here
I've already stated on this thread that contracts are not signed, sealed and completed in a day or two time, rarely that happens. Negotiations and details and talks with multiple schools for the same date tend to extend the actual signing of the contract by both principals.

If you just found out this week about Alco playing Dunbar then you are certainly far from being connected. The talks have been ongoing until finalized just this week.

If I was a team hurting for games and was offered a dream series I wouldn't put them on hold for a week.. I would have had the FH principle hand deliver a signed contract that same day.. But that's if I really wanted to make it happen... If I didn't I would just tell them I had to think about it and then make them wait a week and contact them after I knew they filled the game with someone else so I could save face...:)

Or I could call Martinsburg and watch the coaches and schedule makers shit themselves...
There it is...the Martinsburg trump card. Why does Martinsburg still have an opening? Next the DeMatha trump card.

So what about Bowie and Wheeling Park. Why are you not going to contact them? Because you believe I already have maybe. I have plenty more 4A powers for you to follow up on. Or do you just keep the Martinsburg email handy? It's like eating and drinking the same exact thing every day. When in doubt whip Martinsburg out. Weak. Get off the armchair schedule maker recliner and help us out.

Great conversation for me today as I watch FSU - Louisville hoops game with Dickie V. I was jonesing already for some football. :)

There it is...the Martinsburg trump card. Why does Martinsburg still have an opening? Next the DeMatha trump card.

So what about Bowie and Wheeling Park. Why are you not going to contact them? Because you believe I already have maybe. I have plenty more 4A powers for you to follow up on. Or do you just keep the Martinsburg email handy? It's like eating and drinking the same exact thing every day. When in doubt whip Martinsburg out. Weak. Get off the armchair schedule maker recliner and help us out.

Great conversation for me today as I watch FSU - Louisville hoops game with Dickie V. I was jonesing already for some football. :)

A 5-5 Bowie team? Am I supposed to be impressed?

I would help you out but not going to waste my time looking for 5-5 4a teams..

Well then I guess out of 11 4A PG County teams that rules out every one but Wise and Roosevelt. Don't tell Boyz. hahahaha

you really have to love message boards. where else can you complain to someone who uses his real name while you hide behind the anonymity of a fictitious name. instead of hiding behind an anonymous name why don't you get off your ass and help Todd with the schedules. oh that's right you won't be able to hide behind anything.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Tdhelmick sounds like you had too many Budweisers while watching your fsu Louisville game, bragging about bowie dodging you.. lmao

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT