ADVERTISEMENT

They say......

you really have to love message boards. where else can you complain to someone who uses his real name while you hide behind the anonymity of a fictitious name. instead of hiding behind an anonymous name why don't you get off your ass and help Todd with the schedules. oh that's right you won't be able to hide behind anything.

All this coming from a person hiding behind a screen name lol gtfoh

Reactions: camper21502
FH will play Roosevelt. Make it happen. Wise on the other hand, no.

The deal is the same...FH will pay for them to travel here in 2017 or a two year home-and-home deal for 2017/2018.

For those that didn't click on the USA Today link above Wise finished ranked #25 in the country. Congrats!

Shit y'all wouldn't play Middleton now you'll play Roosevelt?
In all seriousness, FH was willing to play Middletown. We called them to make it happen and they had found someone else. So yes, you are very right that hesitating 4-5 days cost us that opportunity. Won't argue that. But will say again that is because there were several options on the table for Week 1 including the Dunbar opportunity. So we thought as the Alco deal was originally for Week 4 at the time. Turned out wrong.And it's actually a much longer story to tell in person than type it out here.

On that flip side, there are two teams open for a different week we are in contact about. One can be a much, much, much lesser opponent done deal but FH is holding off for the other tougher option. It works sometimes and sometimes you get burned. I mean how long do you wait for the other team to commit before taking the other option? We were told we would have an answer by Friday. By then the lesser option may be full. This is the continuous process many times.

Last edited:
I'm anxious to see what the rest of Allegany's schedule holds this year. Yes, Dunbar is a GREAT pick up and I salute the Alco staff, but one tough game does not a schedule make.

I'll still bet $$$ that it is FH who comes out of the west next year despite who Allegany plays. But again I am jazzed about Dunbar coming to the mountains

The deal is the same...FH will pay for them to travel here in 2017 or a two year home-and-home deal for 2017/2018.

For those that didn't click on the USA Today link above Wise finished ranked #25 in the country. Congrats!

So the Roosevelt advertising for a week 1 game on the open dates board is that the same 4a pg Roosevelt you said FH will play? And if so have you contacted them?

Thomas Green Roosevelt Football 9/8 or 9/9/17. We need home or away V & JV games on the weekend of 9/8/17. Please contact me (AD) at 301-802-2250.

FH needs Sep. 1, Sep. 29, Oct. 13, Oct. 20

Unless you can get Keyser to move off of 9/8.

I would help you out but not going to waste my time looking for 5-5 4a teams..

So let me get this straight. The only 2 teams in PG County 4A that are not cupcakes are Wise and Roosevelt? I mean that is exactly what you just said. Thanks for ending the debate about FH being better football than PG County.

So let me get this straight. The only 2 teams in PG County 4A that are not cupcakes are Wise and Roosevelt? I mean that is exactly what you just said. Thanks for ending the debate about FH being better football than PG County.

Umm uhh yeah... I think you have me confused with boyznblue.. Both you and helmick need to lay off the Budweiser

They say noone will play us, we will play any 1A or 2A team. Dunbar is a 1A team and wanted to play you. What happened????? Isn't Middletown 2A, bring out the excuses.....lol. keep packing the schedule with cupcakes or a decent school when you know they are hitting a couple down years. Congratulations to Bryan Hansel for getting rid of cupcakes and picking up football teams. Also, talking to good football programs to build a relationship with them to get them on the schedule when there are openings. 1A is finally getting a few football teams after being a cupcake division for what the last 8 years?? It's awesome to see 1 area school not running, hiding, and making excuses. Proud to be on the blue side... I know the red will bring out every excuse possible, but actions are what count......keep talking excuses while running from any competition.....
I just realized Alco's entire schedule is nothing but 1A schools. Same ole shit different decade. Hahahahahahahaha. Super tough? Just because Alco finally had the balls to play Dunbar, a game they will lose by the way. 1A has been bad for 8 years. Really? Just not when Alco is winning in 2005 beating Snow Hill or 2001 Oakland Mills, Frankfort, Bishop Walsh, Beall, Northern, Southern, Westmar. Thats a complete joke. Now that's a double LOL.

Last edited:
I'm anxious to see what the rest of Allegany's schedule holds this year. Yes, Dunbar is a GREAT pick up and I salute the Alco staff, but one tough game does not a schedule make.

I'll still bet $$$ that it is FH who comes out of the west next year despite who Allegany plays. But again I am jazzed about Dunbar coming to the mountains

Fort Hills schedule is not to daunting at this point. Hollidaysburg is probably a 2A Maryland school and Fairmount Heights. Why can't everyone just let the teams schedule opponents and be happy watching games at Greenway on Friday nights

You can label it with what they have complete. How can you label Alleganys schedule if it isn't complete. Didn't mean to touch a nerve

You can label it with what they have complete. How can you label Alleganys schedule if it isn't complete. Didn't mean to touch a nerve
A better question for the Original Poster. Too much trying to turn Alco wishful thinking on here into reality about schedules. FH refusing to play Dunbar but Alco isnt. Would love to know who started that rumor. It's now been proven otherwise straight from the horses mouth. Truth be told it was quite the opposite.

It's silly to think that FH wants play any of the top 5 or 6 PG 4A schools regardless of record. Two years ago FH didn't fare well in the scrimmage against Duval. You're not going to run the ball effectively without a threat of passing against these teams. The theory that so many schools are afraid to play FH is false. Teams downstate are all in conferences so even a loss to FH isn't going to cost them a playoff spot because they still have to play the rest of the schools any way. That's not even a mentality here, that's the way you guys think.

I also think it's very strange FH would wait almost a week to get back to Middletown. That's probably why it's been 10 years since they've scheduled a good Maryland school, and somehow Coach Hansel was able to do it his first year.

And as I said on this board last week, Bowie hasn't hired a head football coach or staff yet, that's why they haven't responded to questions about week one.

It's silly to think that FH wants play any of the top 5 or 6 PG 4A schools regardless of record.

And as I said on this board last week, Bowie hasn't hired a head football coach or staff yet, that's why they haven't responded to questions about week one.

So how is it FH won't play these teams but yet you acknowledge Bowie won't respond? Wow.

Here is how dumb you sound. You just stated "It's silly to think that FH wants play any of the top 5 or 6 PG 4A schools regardless of record." Well hear this and please post it at the top of this board through next season.

GET ANY PG COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOL TO PLAY FH OTHER THAN WISE on one of 4 open dates. FH will play them next fall. The schedule maker himself just said so. If you or any connection you may have cannot do what was just asked, never blame FH again. You have just been told FH is willing. They have reached out to multiple 4A schools there this past month. You know this as well Boyz since you mentioned Bowie. Now go ahead and tell me why PG County public schools can't do it and turn around next fall and blame FH for not making it happen while stating that FH wants no part of it. And while stating its not true teams wont play FH. You do realize how stupid that sounds? Just know if anyone but Roosevelt agrees to play FH bigsavage considers them a cupcake.

Half the teams on Alco's schedule (that's 5 teams) won't play FH including Dunbar week 5. Do I need to repeat the names of all those teams? That's because FH has lost fewer games in 4 years than Alco has in their last 3 games.

Last edited:
So how is it FH won't play these teams but yet you acknowledge Bowie won't respond? Wow.

Here is how dumb you sound. You just stated "It's silly to think that FH wants play any of the top 5 or 6 PG 4A schools regardless of record." Well hear this and please post it at the top of this board through next season.

GET ANY PG COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOL TO PLAY FH OTHER THAN WISE on one of 4 open dates. FH will play them next fall. The schedule maker himself just said so. If you or any connection you may have cannot do what was just asked, never blame FH again. You have just been told FH is willing. They have reached out to multiple 4A schools there this past month. You know this as well Boyz since you mentioned Bowie. Now go ahead and tell me why PG County public schools can't do it and turn around next fall and blame FH for not making it happen while stating that FH wants no part of it. And while stating its not true teams wont play FH. You do realize how stupid that sounds? Just know if anyone but Roosevelt agrees to play FH bigsavage considers them a cupcake.

Half the teams on Alco's schedule (that's 5 teams) won't play FH including Dunbar week 5. Do I need to repeat the names of all those teams? That's because FH has lost fewer games in 4 years than Alco has in their last 3 games.

I'm not going to be too hard on you because the main problem is the FH coaching staff is telling their fanbase this ridiculous story about they can't get games and the fans naively believe it. But just consider the facts. Look at the final Maryland Media Poll: http://www.mdprepfootball.com/?p=11313 Of the 25 teams on the list FH hasn't played any of them in over 10 years. Even of the 41 teams "receiving votes" FH hasn't played any of them (except Alco) in the last 10 years. This isn't a coincidence. As we see in this conversation, FH could have scheduled games this fall with Dunbar and Middletown but clearly were not enthusiastic about either match-up. So in 10 years FH couldn't get any of these teams, and Hansel makes a game in 1 year. This isn't a coincidence. Also, I've said previously the organizers of the I-95 Kickoff Classic football series told me they tried to get Fort Hill for years and kept getting turned down. Even under Preaskorn, Alco came down and played Calvert 2 years in a row.

I don't have a problem with the strategy of scheduling for playoff positioning. Just be honest about it.

IMO, if a game with Dunbar is going to happen, it's probably more meaningful for it to be during week 13 or 14.. Just sayin.'

If Alco plays Dunbar week 1 and loses (or even wins)...and Fort Hill doesnt play them, but still goes onto win a state title...who made out better? Fort Hill still would have to go through Alco for sure, twice, and most likely Dunbar for it to happen.

I'm not going to be too hard on you because the main problem is the FH coaching staff is telling their fanbase this ridiculous story about they can't get games and the fans naively believe it. But just consider the facts. Look at the final Maryland Media Poll: http://www.mdprepfootball.com/?p=11313 Of the 25 teams on the list FH hasn't played any of them in over 10 years. Even of the 41 teams "receiving votes" FH hasn't played any of them (except Alco) in the last 10 years. This isn't a coincidence. As we see in this conversation, FH could have scheduled games this fall with Dunbar and Middletown but clearly were not enthusiastic about either match-up. So in 10 years FH couldn't get any of these teams, and Hansel makes a game in 1 year. This isn't a coincidence. Also, I've said previously the organizers of the I-95 Kickoff Classic football series told me they tried to get Fort Hill for years and kept getting turned down. Even under Preaskorn, Alco came down and played Calvert 2 years in a row.

I don't have a problem with the strategy of scheduling for playoff positioning. Just be honest about it.
You dodged the PG County 4A school question. FH is willing to play them. What say you? Where are they? FH has reached out to a handful of them. Seems they won't play FH. If 18 PG County public schools cannot make a date with FH then the statement no one will play FH is dead true regardless of the reason. Bowie won't respond? Don't they have an AD? Talk about excuses. Just chalk them up as a team that won't play FH.

Stop with your fantasy. Read before you post. FH has offered Dunbar week 5. Dunbar is open week 5. What say you? They chose to play Alco and now don't want FH. The man who made the offer to Dunbar already told this. Stop with the fantasy lies.

Last edited:
The PG County public schools are not going to play FH in 2017.

Can we pin this at the top of the the board?

The Baltimore City schools have refused to play FH in 2017. Mervo, Dunbar, Douglass, Edmondson, Patterson and all the tiny 1A lot have all rejected an offer from FH.

Can we pin this at the top of the board?

Take it easy BrianH. There is some truth to what Boyz says, and some misconceptions as well. Instead of saying nobody will play FH, it's probably better to say most teams cannot play FH. Like the PA schools that are all league locked up, so do many of the PG and Baltimore schools get locked up in league/local play. Especially late in the season. If I'm an AD at one of those schools I'm not traveling 2-3 hours to Cumberland when I have teams to play in my own backyard. This makes it brutally tough to find games for Cumberland schools when our backyard is empty. It's a bad situation. The only double standard that gets unfairly pushed on FH are things like it's true FH does not wish to play in the I-95 Classic because a 2.5 hour drive is required with no return game or any travel compensation. Teams won't play FH for that very same reason, not even when we offer them compensation. But when FH does the same it's an excuse. Hence the reason FH gets a double standard applied. So instead of making claims that FH won't play many of those Maryland schools, it's better to say FH cannot play many of those Maryland schools due to league commitments by those schools. But make no bones about it...FH absolutely schedules to make the playoffs like everyone else. You can pin that at the top of the board.

Last edited:
I don't know why you all just can't be happy that you have, and have had for a very long time, 2 extremely competitive and tradition filled football programs, regardless of either schools schedule. Considering the economic climate and population decrease of Cumberland over time, this is something you all should be very proud of. I wish everyone would stop bickering over the schedule and see just how good you guys have it out there.....at least on the football field!

I don't know why you all just can't be happy that you have, and have had for a very long time, 2 extremely competitive and tradition filled football programs, regardless of either schools schedule. Considering the economic climate and population decrease of Cumberland over time, this is something you all should be very proud of. I wish everyone would stop bickering over the schedule and see just how good you guys have it out there.....at least on the football field!
LOL...true!
But we're not happy up here unless we are miserable. Or at least bickering about high school football in January. Gotta love the passion though.

Thank you for a) being a consistent poster to this clusterf*ck of a message board we've all made lol and b) offering your insights from an outsiders POV.

Reactions: LHSlancerFAN
I just realized Alco's entire schedule is nothing but 1A schools. Same ole shit different decade. Hahahahahahahaha. Super tough? Just because Alco finally had the balls to play Dunbar, a game they will lose by the way. 1A has been bad for 8 years. Really? Just not when Alco is winning in 2005 beating Snow Hill or 2001 Oakland Mills, Frankfort, Bishop Walsh, Beall, Northern, Southern, Westmar. Thats a complete joke. Now that's a double LOL.
To be fair Snow Hill did have an NFL rb who broke all kinds of rushing records..

Cumberland owns 1A Football and we should all be very proud of that... Im glad we make other 1A teams look like cupcakes but I admit watching a running clock almost every weekend is getting old...

Reactions: towpath94
To be fair Snow Hill did have an NFL rb who broke all kinds of rushing records..
I got ya. Just saying 1A is not all of the sudden weak as some wish to make it to diminish what FH has done. It's always been 1A going back to even when Valley won a title.

IMO, if a game with Dunbar is going to happen, it's probably more meaningful for it to be during week 13 or 14.. Just sayin.'

If Alco plays Dunbar week 1 and loses (or even wins)...and Fort Hill doesnt play them, but still goes onto win a state title...who made out better? Fort Hill still would have to go through Alco for sure, twice, and most likely Dunbar for it to happen.

This is a good point and another reason why you should accept the Middletown game immediately instead of waiting 5 days. One loss isn't going to keep you out of the playoffs. This is more how the downstate schools look at it. When you're in a conference, you still have to play every team any way. At the end of the season if you don't make the playoffs it's because you didn't beat the teams you had to beat. If Alco loses to Dunbar and loses homecoming it's just not their year.

You are right. I make all this up using my own name.

Call 4A PG County Bowie. They are still advertising for a Week 1 game.
Call Wheeling Park - the No. 1 ranked team in the state of WV in 2015 with over 1500 students who needs a Week 7.

Oh, and tell them both we will travel in 2017.

Maybe we can use your scheduling knowledge to convince them. Or maybe you might learn a few things you know nothing about.

Don't know why they haven't taken down their advertisement but Bowie is playing at Broadneck week 1. So whatever reason they had for not returning contact it definitely doesn't look like the reasoning was to avoid taking a loss as they are probably in for a big one at Broadneck to kick off their season.

Last edited:
Reactions: BoyznBlue

Thank you! I get so tired of scrolling through this cancer! It's makes it worse when you wait 2-4 weeks and then try to catch up on all this drama

Don't know why they haven't taken down their advertisement but Bowie is playing at Broadneck week 1. So whatever reason they had for not returning contact it definitely doesn't look like the reasoning was to avoid taking a loss as they are probably in for a big one at Broadneck to kick off their season.

I've been trying to explain that teams in PG aren't trying to avoid good competition. FH people keep perpetuating this myth that the 4A schools won't play them because a loss is too costly. And really are they even discussing 4A schools when they had the opportunity to play a good 2A school and clearly didn't want to play them?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT