ADVERTISEMENT

The talent gap in football has gotten ugly

The last point I want to make and then I won’t comment on this subject again is. No disrespect to the Fort Hill kids that are playing I really think it’s fantastic but if Fort hill had all the talent that Allegany fans like to say that they have. They wouldn’t be playing some 5 foot 7 and 140 pound kids. Johnson and Barnes are gone from the secondary and so are the 270 pound athletic line. They have been gone for years and the production is high. THATS CALLED COACHING.

That looks like a pretty large offensive line.... and doesn't FH, a 1A school, have offensive and defensive lines. Not exactly 1A ironman football is it.

How quick some forget. Dunbar 14 Alco 6 at the half. That was just last year.

The rain didn't set in until right before the half.... so, it wasn't as if Dunbar didn't have an opportunity to air it out..... Oh well. So now, this year's team is about 10 players short of what it should be.

Yes, FH should not be on the schedule. Hell, I posted that since Robinette graduated. Each school should find its own competitive level. But if you join a team and a game is on the schedule... you damn well show up even if you know you're gonna get your ass kicked... and you never just up and quit the team during the season. You gut it out.
No different than quitting a team that's been on your schedule for 80 years. Cant look at quitting one as being ok, while quitting the other is wrong.

Reactions: towpath94
UGH! SOME TRUTHS WITHOUT SUGAR COATING - Be careful what you read

I'm not going to sugar coat what I feel. Let me take the red & white blinders off for a moment - which few are capable of doing in South Cumberland - and then move on to lay the same criticism of everyone. You're not going to like it.......

The bottom line is that Fort Hill will put a running clock on 6 of its 9 opponents this regular season. Extremely UGLY running clocks. Like the OP says...complete blow outs before the 1st quarter is over. While Morgantown and Hollidaysburg were almost running clocks. I said before August got here and before FH picked up Cathedral Prep, that this was the worst FH home schedule in the history of the school easily. That was when Capital Christian was still a football team and the Week 5 home opponent. Granted, no one felt Morgantown would be this bad (and they really should not be this bad). Hollidaysburg is a great team to have and to hold on to at all cost. But after four years of never seeing the Golden Tigers be remotely close vs. FH heading into the 4th quarter, it is safe to assume they are not going to push a team the caliber of FH.

Point being, I had absolutely ZERO interest in that Silver Oak game last night at Greenway after the first 8 minutes. As you look around at the look on the faces of every single fan you easily saw the same. Didn't even feel like you were at a football game but more like watching a paid programming infomercial trying to sell cosmetics that make you look 20 years younger. I had ZERO interest in that Southern game after the first 8 minutes. Rest assured, I will likely have ZERO interest the next two games after the first 8 minutes. Again, I'm not the only one. At least 30-40 people were grumbling last night leaving Greenway wondering why they even waste their time each week seeing blow outs in the first quarter. Fullback, Rocket, Sweep, 0 passing game until the other team is bludgeoned to death before halftime. What I say is absolutely on the harsh side. But I don't apologize for saying publicly what everyone else feels. This is a game for the players and the coaches have to put in the time...but none of this exists without the FH community. We are all in this together - some not so much - but many who are for a lot longer than I have been alive.

If I had my druthers, and I do not, FH would not be playing Cathedral Prep (more on that in a moment). I have no problem with a Silver Oak, Capital Christian, Green Street Academy -- but not all 3 in the same season, especially at home. I get it the way the playoffs used to be. Since everyone in every state at the 1A level avoids Fort Hill like the plague, the other better 1A MPSSAA teams just work on out pointing everyone by beating the 1A equivalent of Silver Oak, Capital Christian and Green Street Academy. This has limited FH with their scheduling flexibility. This should not be the case anymore with the new playoff system. It's time to drop Cathedral Prep and add a multiple combination of teams that can at least keep the game fairly close heading into the last quarter. I honestly don't know what has been worse...watching FH get beat 48-14 by Cathedral Prep or watching FH beat teams 35-0 in the first quarter.

But this problem does not fall solely on FH. Where is Keyser? Keyser dropping FH is a complete joke and I'm not even going there as it deserves a thread all to its own. But when I see Keyser in the pee wee and youth league playoffs competing this weekend I get disgusted. When I see Keyser slamming lowly opponents 65-0 week in and out like FH does it gets disgusting. Shame on Keyser. Seriously. Where is Catoctin and Boonsboro? Shame on them. Where is Walkersville, Urbana, Linganore, Oakdale on the FH schedule? Shame on FH. The blame needs to continue getting pushed around until teams like FH, Keyser and Catoctin are not beating every team senseless. So what I am saying is that FH seriously needs to never put Cathedral Prep or DeMatha on the schedule after 2020 and go get 2-3 opponents that are at least on some form of equal competitiveness. The new playoff format should allow for it. Yea, yea, yea...then FH might have to go on the road for a playoff game for the first time in a decade. Keyser has been crying the same blues for that same decade. Sad what we have become.

And while I am grumbling right now (but honestly I am not grumpy this Saturday morning, it's just that someone has to say it) ) let's not leave the big dog Martinsburg out of this complaint. This team has won a record 49 straight games now. Does everyone know that not one time in that stretch has Martinsburg played a team that was the favorite going in? Think about that. 49 games where you are the favorite. In at least 40 of those games Martinsburg has been a 5+ touchdown favorite. I get that they have to play the teams in their conference. But instead of playing OOC teams like Woodson and some other DC public school every year, could they at least one time, ONE TIME pick up a team that would require Martinsburg to play their best game just to keep it close? We know the type of teams I'm talking about. The answer is no the Bulldogs can't. They might have to risk losing or travel for a playoff game.

And while we are talking about teams that continually come up in every FH discussion...the Dunbar schedule is disgusting. Whatever...more schedule debates I guess. I see it as more than just a football problem. I see it as a snowflake world of what kids are doing in life and it is our fault (the adults that is).

But back to Cumberland...These five straight first quarter massacres are horrible. A couple of these games are OK but not a full run of them. There I said it. You could hear everyone last night about 8:00 pm saying it either out loud or under their breath. I also said I wasn't going to sugar coat things with this post. Staying on this level, what everyone else at Greenway was wondering with this bewildered look on their bored face was how Silver Oak was able to beat Alco 54-28. I have no words that can explain it although many have tried. I get that the already tiny Alco roster is now void of about 6-7 starters for various reasons...just expect the smallest crowd in Homecoming history November 2 by a landslide.

Ugh!
Why martinsburg doesn’t pick up a better schedule? idk but I know it isn’t because they dont want to travel in the playoffs, for 3 years straight they’ve been 20 plus points better than everyone in the state of WV, also martinsburg is the notch that I talk about in football that is better than this area so in my opinion not a team nor fan in this area should talk about martinsburg I get it’s an old rivalry for a team or some teams but all of this is over now so y’all should probably get over martinsburg and their accomplishments and stop talking about them and their program cause to me as a martinsburg fan I would hate to see them talk bad about a team that would smoke them or a team that they don’t play anymore.

No different than quitting a team that's been on your schedule for 80 years. Cant look at quitting one as being ok, while quitting the other is wrong.

One is the young athlete learning to keep commitments as part of his maturation process. The other is the yearly decision by the school that schedules the games. Difference is lightning to a lightning bug.

Why martinsburg doesn’t pick up a better schedule? idk but I know it isn’t because they dont want to travel in the playoffs, for 3 years straight they’ve been 20 plus points better than everyone in the state of WV, also martinsburg is the notch that I talk about in football that is better than this area so in my opinion not a team nor fan in this area should talk about martinsburg I get it’s an old rivalry for a team or some teams but all of this is over now so y’all should probably get over martinsburg and their accomplishments and stop talking about them and their program cause to me as a martinsburg fan I would hate to see them talk bad about a team that would smoke them or a team that they don’t play anymore.

I warned people that had invested interest in certain programs to not read what I had to say. But once again, I was even harder on FH. Then I ripped into Keyser. This isn't just a Martinsburg issue so there is no finger pointing at one particular school. But all three of these teams are very good at football and they are all blistering 80% to 90% of their opponents by embarrassing scores.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
I warned people that had invested interest in certain programs to not read what I had to say. But once again, I was even harder on FH. Then I ripped into Keyser. This isn't just a Martinsburg issue so there is no finger pointing at one particular school. But all three of these teams are very good at football and they are all blistering 80% to 90% of their opponents by embarrassing scores.

Again,Martinsburg just travelled to Salem Virginia to play Salem high school.Salem is 177-28 since 2004 and have 3 state titles and a runnerup in the last 5 years. They finished ranked #1 in the all school state poll in 2017 and have finished 2nd 3 times and 3rd and 5th once since 2004.Not bad for a 4A school in a state that has 6 classes and plays very good football.Martinsburg also plays Academy Park Pa. and Sherando.Nothing wrong with their schedule.Anyone who says they don't challenge themselves is just plain stupid.Martinsburg has no issues.

Keyser has 6 WV 2A playoff teams from last year on their schedule.Nothing wrong with their schedule.

Keyser has 6 WV 2A playoff teams from last year on their schedule.Nothing wrong with their schedule.

This is the last time I am going to point this out...FH and Keyser should be playing a football game, period. They are the two best area teams most every season, they play in every other sport, they play football against each other at every youth league level, they are 30 min apart and they are the same size and classification. And they both have great coaching staffs.

If you or anyone find it much better for Keyser to drive 3 hours to Weir, 3.5 hours to Nicholas County and 5 hours to Man in an effort to bypass a $30,000 gate/concessions against a team 30 minutes away that your kids have competed against their entire life up until this point...then you go ahead and preach about how good Keyser is to the people of Cumberland.

One is the young athlete learning to keep commitments as part of his maturation process. The other is the yearly decision by the school that schedules the games. Difference is lightning to a lightning bug.
Learning how to react to losses is just as important to the maturation process. Backing down from a challenge because it's hard is quitting whether it's during or out of the season.

Why because they blow out a bunch of shit DC schools wv 3a is a shit class aside from martinsburg

The FH schedule is also fine. I would like to see a Middletown rather than an ECP and I would rather see Keyser than SOA. It’s nobody’s fault Motown is down. It’s no ones fault that Alco is down. Motown Middletown Hburg Keyser Alco Hedgesville Ridge is a good schedule. I’m glad Geno don’t have your job Helmick. We’d be 5-4 and may not make the playoffs. How dumb would that be while sitting there watching Northern and Mt Ridge take the West when FH would beat them both by 50? Keep in mind also Mt Ridge just beat FH freshmen. And the Patriots aren’t dominant

I said this in the other thread, and as unpopular as it may seem - Keyser dropped FH for the same reason FH dropped Martinsburg. It has nothing to do with school size, it has to do with competitiveness and playoff points. Period.

I said this in the other thread, and as unpopular as it may seem - Keyser dropped FH for the same reason FH dropped Martinsburg. It has nothing to do with school size, it has to do with competitiveness and playoff points. Period.

I was about to say this, FH made the decision to drop Martinsburg. From everything I understand this series can be renewed at any time if FH is willing to play them.

I was about to say this, FH made the decision to drop Martinsburg. From everything I understand this series can be renewed at any time if FH is willing to play them.
That would be great if we could get the people at the top to schedule the game. I would rather watch FH loose to martinsburg than play the shit teams they are playing now.

Fort Hill is not going to play Martinsburg. Martinsburg is not going to play dematha. Kaiser is not going to play fort Hill. We live in a society where everyone is afraid to lose

Fort Hill is not going to play Martinsburg. Martinsburg is not going to play dematha. Kaiser is not going to play fort Hill. We live in a society where everyone is afraid to lose

Absolutely correct. That summarizes my entire post. I was hard on all of them.

Guess I finally got tired of watching the 63-0 beatings these 3 teams put up week in and week out. A few games I can understand, but every week is way too much. Play each other.

This is only the situation west of Hagerstown. DC/Balt/Moco you can't pick and choose your schedule. There's going to be a titanic game Friday night at Quince Orchard.

Reactions: nomad974

Few words. Well written.

Last edited:
Why because they blow out a bunch of shit DC schools wv 3a is a shit class aside from martinsburg
In my opinion the schools that martinsburg plays like hd Woodson, eastern, academy park, sherando, and Salem are as equally talented can’t help these programs get out coached how i see it. I get the arguments on here about the talent gap but to me all those teams are equally talented as martinsburg is. Now the area schools also I get like fort hill they are head and shoulders above everyone in their respected area/areas.

In my opinion the schools that martinsburg plays like hd Woodson, eastern, academy park, sherando, and Salem are as equally talented can’t help these programs get out coached how i see it. I get the arguments on here about the talent gap but to me all those teams are equally talented as martinsburg is. Now the area schools also I get like fort hill they are head and shoulders above everyone in their respected area/areas.

Is the Salem game only one year or is it a home and away contract?

I agree with most, if not all, of what you have said burg. Unfortunately, there are a few on this board who completely want to dismiss coaching as one critical component to the success of a program. They want to simply make the claim that one team has more talent or a deeper bench. At the same time 140 lb. players are starting on both sides of the ball at FHHS. They fail to see that, as Hinze Ward once said, “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”

The previous is not the fault of players. It is the level of commitment the program requires, and it begins and ends with coaching.

A coaching staff brings much more to the table than Xs and Os. A successful program is based on the commitment of coaches, players and the community.

I see both by Coach Walker and his program at MHS and by Coach Appel and his staff at FHHS.

Do other programs work hard? I’m sure they do, but not at the same level as the Bulldog and Sentinel programs on an annual basis.

Yes, there is a huge difference between a successful program, regardless of extra-curricular activity, and a program that is simply existing.

One final note: Yes, I would like to see FHHS and MHS playing each other again.

Absolutely correct. That summarizes my entire post. I was hard on all of them.

Guess I finally got tired of watching the 63-0 beatings these 3 teams put up week in and week out. A few games I can understand, but every week is way too much. Play each other.
I agree with you guys 100% I would love to see martinsburg challenge their program but that’s not my call. Lol I’m just a fan but we aren’t going to act like
Is the Salem game only one year or is it a home and away contract?
home and away.

I get this gut feeling that discussing Keyser playing FH again is because of where Allegany is going. With Allegany losing to both Northern and Southern this year, Alco may lose even more players, especially if FH wins another championship.

Instead of the patter that Northern may fold football in the future, the real focus should be on what kids actually show up to play for an Allegany team that loses to every other local team while getting 100 points dropped on them by FH... Hell, why shouldn't Appel want another record for his books.

I agree with most, if not all, of what you have said burg. Unfortunately, there are a few on this board who completely want to dismiss coaching as one critical component to the success of a program. They want to simply make the claim that one team has more talent or a deeper bench. At the same time 140 lb. players are starting on both sides of the ball at FHHS. They fail to see that, as Hinze Ward once said, “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”

The previous is not the fault of players. It is the level of commitment the program requires, and it begins and ends with coaching.

A coaching staff brings much more to the table than Xs and Os. A successful program is based on the commitment of coaches, players and the community.

I see both by Coach Walker and his program at MHS and by Coach Appel and his staff at FHHS.

Do other programs work hard? I’m sure they do, but not at the same level as the Bulldog and Sentinel programs on an annual basis.

Yes, there is a huge difference between a successful program, regardless of extra-curricular activity, and a program that is simply existing.

One final note: Yes, I would like to see FHHS and MHS playing each other again.

At the same time 140 lb. players are starting on both sides of the ball at FHHS

This Halloween, the Cumberland peasants should gather their pitchforks and march menacingly up to the castle on Fort Hill, for it is rumored that Appel Frankenstein is making monsters again. This time, he is collectively attaching the arms and legs of Agamemnon to Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm.

Last edited:
A couple of the schools you named ill give you but you guys beat eastern 76 to 6 thats what we are talking about. Martinsburg is a great historic program i think everyone just would like to see more competitive football.

I don’t think Sherando was able to beat Fort Hill. I may be mistaken but I believe they d ropped Fort Hill because of it also. Fort Hill and Sherando were very good games. I would say that Academy Park is avg at best andWoodson sucks. Stop trying to justify the fact that Martinsburg will not play anybody on their level. Everyone knows it. We’re not picking on Martinsburg we are fort Hill fans predominately and Fort Hill does the same thing. It’s gotten to be an epidemic.

I don’t think Sherando was able to beat Fort Hill. I may be mistaken but I believe they d ropped Fort Hill because of it also. Fort Hill and Sherando were very good games. I would say that Academy Park is avg at best andWoodson sucks. Stop trying to justify the fact that Martinsburg will not play anybody on their level. Everyone knows it. We’re not picking on Martinsburg we are fort Hill fans predominately and Fort Hill does the same thing. It’s gotten to be an epidemic.

And... eventually the epidemic consumes the host organism. The collapse of Allegany is a critical, sad phase of that disease.

Not to hijack this thread but here's the link to the Martinsburg - Salem game from this past week in case you had not seen.....nice crowd and nice facility at Salem.....and nice Martinsburg team.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
UGH! SOME TRUTHS WITHOUT SUGAR COATING - Be careful what you read

I'm not going to sugar coat what I feel. Let me take the red & white blinders off for a moment - which few are capable of doing in South Cumberland - and then move on to lay the same criticism of everyone. You're not going to like it.......

The bottom line is that Fort Hill will put a running clock on 6 of its 9 opponents this regular season. Extremely UGLY running clocks. Like the OP says...complete blow outs before the 1st quarter is over. While Morgantown and Hollidaysburg were almost running clocks. I said before August got here and before FH picked up Cathedral Prep, that this was the worst FH home schedule in the history of the school easily. That was when Capital Christian was still a football team and the Week 5 home opponent. Granted, no one felt Morgantown would be this bad (and they really should not be this bad). Hollidaysburg is a great team to have and to hold on to at all cost. But after four years of never seeing the Golden Tigers be remotely close vs. FH heading into the 4th quarter, it is safe to assume they are not going to push a team the caliber of FH.

Point being, I had absolutely ZERO interest in that Silver Oak game last night at Greenway after the first 8 minutes. As you look around at the look on the faces of every single fan you easily saw the same. Didn't even feel like you were at a football game but more like watching a paid programming infomercial trying to sell cosmetics that make you look 20 years younger. I had ZERO interest in that Southern game after the first 8 minutes. Rest assured, I will likely have ZERO interest the next two games after the first 8 minutes. Again, I'm not the only one. At least 30-40 people were grumbling last night leaving Greenway wondering why they even waste their time each week seeing blow outs in the first quarter. Fullback, Rocket, Sweep, 0 passing game until the other team is bludgeoned to death before halftime. What I say is absolutely on the harsh side. But I don't apologize for saying publicly what everyone else feels. This is a game for the players and the coaches have to put in the time...but none of this exists without the FH community. We are all in this together - some not so much - but many who are for a lot longer than I have been alive.

If I had my druthers, and I do not, FH would not be playing Cathedral Prep (more on that in a moment). I have no problem with a Silver Oak, Capital Christian, Green Street Academy -- but not all 3 in the same season, especially at home. I get it the way the playoffs used to be. Since everyone in every state at the 1A level avoids Fort Hill like the plague, the other better 1A MPSSAA teams just work on out pointing everyone by beating the 1A equivalent of Silver Oak, Capital Christian and Green Street Academy. This has limited FH with their scheduling flexibility. This should not be the case anymore with the new playoff system. It's time to drop Cathedral Prep and add a multiple combination of teams that can at least keep the game fairly close heading into the last quarter. I honestly don't know what has been worse...watching FH get beat 48-14 by Cathedral Prep or watching FH beat teams 35-0 in the first quarter.

But this problem does not fall solely on FH. Where is Keyser? Keyser dropping FH is a complete joke and I'm not even going there as it deserves a thread all to its own. But when I see Keyser in the pee wee and youth league playoffs competing this weekend I get disgusted. When I see Keyser slamming lowly opponents 65-0 week in and out like FH does it gets disgusting. Shame on Keyser. Seriously. Where is Catoctin and Boonsboro? Shame on them. Where is Walkersville, Urbana, Linganore, Oakdale on the FH schedule? Shame on FH. The blame needs to continue getting pushed around until teams like FH, Keyser and Catoctin are not beating every team senseless. So what I am saying is that FH seriously needs to never put Cathedral Prep or DeMatha on the schedule after 2020 and go get 2-3 opponents that are at least on some form of equal competitiveness. The new playoff format should allow for it. Yea, yea, yea...then FH might have to go on the road for a playoff game for the first time in a decade. Keyser has been crying the same blues for that same decade. Sad what we have become.

And while I am grumbling right now (but honestly I am not grumpy this Saturday morning, it's just that someone has to say it) ) let's not leave the big dog Martinsburg out of this complaint. This team has won a record 49 straight games now. Does everyone know that not one time in that stretch has Martinsburg played a team that was the favorite going in? Think about that. 49 games where you are the favorite. In at least 40 of those games Martinsburg has been a 5+ touchdown favorite. I get that they have to play the teams in their conference. But instead of playing OOC teams like Woodson and some other DC public school every year, could they at least one time, ONE TIME pick up a team that would require Martinsburg to play their best game just to keep it close? We know the type of teams I'm talking about. The answer is no the Bulldogs can't. They might have to risk losing or travel for a playoff game.

And while we are talking about teams that continually come up in every FH discussion...the Dunbar schedule is disgusting. Whatever...more schedule debates I guess. I see it as more than just a football problem. I see it as a snowflake world of what kids are doing in life and it is our fault (the adults that is).

But back to Cumberland...These five straight first quarter massacres are horrible. A couple of these games are OK but not a full run of them. There I said it. You could hear everyone last night about 8:00 pm saying it either out loud or under their breath. I also said I wasn't going to sugar coat things with this post. Staying on this level, what everyone else at Greenway was wondering with this bewildered look on their bored face was how Silver Oak was able to beat Alco 54-28. I have no words that can explain it although many have tried. I get that the already tiny Alco roster is now void of about 6-7 starters for various reasons...just expect the smallest crowd in Homecoming history November 2 by a landslide.

Ugh!
Is Fort Hill coming to Erie next year to play Prep? I was looking forward to it.

Is Fort Hill coming to Erie next year to play Prep? I was looking forward to it.

I think it depends on whether they can get a game to fill their season with a team that more than a dozen people want to pay to watch.

It’s all coaching

This is it. Right here. 100%.

It's been pointed out more than once that Alco/FH freshman/JV games have been pretty competitive in the past. But once those kids get to varsity, it's very one-sided in FH's favor. That's all coaching and development.

Last year, Alco was down a varsity assistant coach. This year, they brought Foley back. Which is better than nothing and he's an experienced guy, but Alco either needs an influx of new staff or possibly an entire flush.

Maybe there's an echo in here.. but Randy Stewart would be a good place to start.

This is it. Right here. 100%.

It's been pointed out more than once that Alco/FH freshman/JV games have been pretty competitive in the past. But once those kids get to varsity, it's very one-sided in FH's favor. That's all coaching and development.

Last year, Alco was down a varsity assistant coach. This year, they brought Foley back. Which is better than nothing and he's an experienced guy, but Alco either needs an influx of new staff or possibly an entire flush.

Maybe there's an echo in here.. but Randy Stewart would be a good place to start.
Is he still at FH?

Randy Stewart is the best kept secret in this town in terms of coaching. He would be my choice. He was with Refosco in the golden era and was a great player and student of the game but most of all he has the God given talent to attract student athletes

Reactions: ConeyIsland
No sir not justifying the teams they schedule are great but talent wise sir they are just as talented as martinsburg hd Woodson has 6 d1 players on their roster academy park also has a good program with some talent, sherando always gives martinsburg a good game with the exception of this season hd Woodson has also won a game against martinsburg in the past I get what you guys are saying I truly do but but I can’t sit here and read these comments like the teams martinsburg plays are comparable to a silver oak, green st academy or a Salem to be honest
i agree they could play better opponents year in and out I agree but I’m not going to say they’re more talented than the teams, hd Woodson has beat martinsburg in the past once, eastern is a joke for sure sherando has also beat martinsburg in the past so the those two teams are justifiable. I’m just saying the teams they play also have talent I just feel coaching is the problem. Like I continue to say I follow all three teams FH Alco and martinsburg and I’m a fan of all three cause of the tradition all three have no matter the schedules or how bad a year either are having. But yes martinsburg could definitely schedule better teams to test themselves.

Reactions: RedPride97
That’s great points. You’re right that they do not play a green street academy or silver oak. But Fort Hill has no business playing them either. I really would like to see them play a top team though, It’s sad when we have to debate if they could beat Cathedral prep or not. Martinsburg really does have great athletes and they are very balanced between the pass and run. If they were able to beat a top 50 team in the country it would be very cool. Hell there’s no reason that wise and martinsburg shouldn’t be playing based on success and geography.

Reactions: RedPride97
That’s great points. You’re right that they do not play a green street academy or silver oak. But Fort Hill has no business playing them either. I really would like to see them play a top team though, It’s sad when we have to debate if they could beat Cathedral prep or not. Martinsburg really does have great athletes and they are very balanced between the pass and run. If they were able to beat a top 50 team in the country it would be very cool. Hell there’s no reason that wise and martinsburg shouldn’t be playing based on success and geography.
I agree 100% I honestly wish martinsburg would challenge themselves as a football fan in general you want to see these successful programs do it but I understand also that it’s out of my control. lol I wish I could talk to coach walker and tell him to play them I know a lot of Nationally ranked schools reach out to him to play him but he says no, he said this in an interview.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT