ADVERTISEMENT

The Obvious needs to be stated...

I seem to remember a list you compiled regarding , and I use this term lightly, FH signature wins the last several years. Can you repost that for us. We can than go from there. Thanks.

Reactions: OneRing
I fully intended to stay out of all the bickering lol, but I just have to put my two cents in. It’s all a matter of opinion anyway. This FH team is much different than the previous years teams. New kids. To say they wouldn’t have won anything if Dunbar was in 1A is false IMO. The 13’-14’ FH squads would’ve beaten Dunbar and Lackey fairly easily. Totally different teams. That is not to diminish the accomplishments of this years team. But FH’s 13-14 squads were far better to me than this years and the previous few years as well. Each team had great talent but line play and speed go to the 13-14 FH teams hands down. That was the big difference in this game.

Edit: Everyone saw the bad tackling as well. I’m giving that edge to a secondary that was once roamed by Barnes and had Brown and Ty at corner. Will never for the life of me still understand why you split DE’s out on slot receivers regardless of how fast they are. That lack of sideline to sideline speed allows those quick screens to work.

Last edited:
FH might not have won all 4 State Titles if Dunbar stayed in 1A but I guarantee they would've at least won 2 of them..

Everyone knows Alco made a 3 decade living off of winning titles against weak competition while in a lower class than FH. Had Alco played Dunbar 6 times as just one example your username would be WeHave3. Or Urbana or Linganore or Magruder, whatever. For an Alco fan to cry about their rival team beating weak teams to win titles is beyond stupid and extremely hypocritical.

But you didn't play Dunbar 6 times for a title or Urbana when they won a record 4 in a row. Instead you just lost to FH 6 times in 3 years and 12 times in a row. That only demonstrates how Alco cant beat good teams.

Watch the 1988 title game in its entirety on You Tube and you and the rest of your chest beaters can watch how a title is earned and not the result of weak competition. Unlike FH, Alco never had to whiff it's way down the classification ladder to win. Congrats on FH's 7th state title game loss....a new state record! FH will do their best to get out of the Friendship Collegiate game next year...you heard it here first.

Everyone knows Alco made a 3 decade living off of winning titles against weak competition while in a lower class than FH. Had Alco played Dunbar 6 times as just one example your username would be WeHave3. Or Urbana or Linganore or Magruder, whatever. For an Alco fan to cry about their rival team beating weak teams to win titles is beyond stupid and extremely hypocritical.

But you didn't play Dunbar 6 times for a title or Urbana when they won a record 4 in a row. Instead you just lost to FH 6 times in 3 years and 12 times in a row. That only demonstrates how Alco cant beat good teams.

And everyone knows that Fort Hill struggled for two decades in the same class where Allegany won 6 if its championships. For a FH fan to ignore how awful they were at 2A while Allegany thrived is beyond pathetic and ignorant. For FH fans to ignore that reason theyve won so many homecoming is because they were always the bigger school demonstrates how Fort Hill can only pick on teams smaller than them.

Reactions: camper21502
Watch the 1988 title game in its entirety on You Tube and you and the rest of your chest beaters can watch how a title is earned and not the result of weak competition. Unlike FH, Alco never had to whiff it's way down the classification ladder to win. Congrats on FH's 7th state title game loss....a new state record! FH will do their best to get out of the Friendship Collegiate game next year...you heard it here first.

LOL, neither Refosco or Gilmore ever beat jack shit come playoffs. No more than beating Ben Tate and the 10 dwarfs.

How many 3A Titles does Alco have? End of story because they never had to play at that level. Made a living playing lower class crap. FH has played Dunbar for the title 6 times. The only time Alco did was once and they gave up a state record in total points with an undefeated team. LOL what a joke.

Lets state the obvious,
59-32-4
12 in a row
6 times in the last 3 years
30-8 since 1990
STATE RECORD 4 titles in a row.

Read it and weap.
Congrats on being a better team in the 1980s period against the worst coach in FH history half those years. It's still true today. Alco = the mighty munchkins.

Now go crawl back into your blue cave until FH loses again. Helmick was right as i clicked on your username to see the only posts you have made in a year was after FH lost. No wonder you disappear.

YOU HEARD THIS HERE FIRST, Alco will replace Chestnut Ridge with some shit team out of fear and go back to playing the worst schedule possible just like Hansel's first fantasy interim season of beating no one. Against 5 teams that wouldnt play FH to save their life. Alco will again lose to FH twice again next year for the 4th straight time with nothing but juniors and sophomores on a 24 man roster.

Good luck fielding even a JV team next year and in the future with your combined 1-11 Braddock Warriors team and 35 fans in the crowd. now run away or i shall taunt you a second time.

Last edited:
I fully intended to stay out of all the bickering lol, but I just have to put my two cents in. It’s all a matter of opinion anyway. This FH team is much different than the previous years teams. New kids. To say they wouldn’t have won anything if Dunbar was in 1A is false IMO. The 13’-14’ FH squads would’ve beaten Dunbar and Lackey fairly easily. Totally different teams. That is not to diminish the accomplishments of this years team. But FH’s 13-14 squads were far better to me than this years and the previous few years as well. Each team had great talent but line play and speed go to the 13-14 FH teams hands down. That was the big difference in this game.

Edit: Everyone saw the bad tackling as well. I’m giving that edge to a secondary that was once roamed by Barnes and had Brown and Ty at corner. Will never for the life of me still understand why you split DE’s out on slot receivers regardless of how fast they are. That lack of sideline to sideline speed allows those quick screens to work.
your comment about the de's is spot on. in addition, while we may not have had those people at corner this year, we had athletes with similar talent that weren't always on the field. if your speed is on the sideline it aint tackling nobody. i'm not going to call anybody out but there is a position on the fh defense that could be eliminated and nobody would know. it is a position that is supposed to cover a receiver who has gotten away from his defender. it's a position when a running back breaks free they should be somewhere in the vicinity. there is something going on with fh's defense when you give up 4 70 or so td's in one game, and it went on the whole year.

Just to clarify, FH has played Dunbar for the title 5 times. The 6th time was a semifinal game in 2010.

LOL, neither Refosco or Gilmore ever beat jack shit come playoffs. No more than beating Ben Tate and the 10 dwarfs.

How many 3A Titles does Alco have? End of story because they never had to play at that level. Made a living playing lower class crap. FH has played Dunbar for the title 6 times. The only time Alco did was once and they gave up a state record in total points with an undefeated team. LOL what a joke.

Lets state the obvious,
59-32-4
12 in a row
30-8 since 1990

Read it and weap.
Congrats on being a better team in the 1980s period against the worst coach in FH history half those years. It's still true today. Alco = the mighty munchkins.

Now go crawl back into your blue cave until FH loses again. Helmick was right as i clicked on your username to see the only posts you have made in a year was after FH lost. No wonder you disappear.

YOU HEARD THIS HERE FIRST, Alco will replace Chestnut Ridge with some shit team out of fear and go back to playing the worst schedule possible just like Hansel's first fantasy interim season of beating no one. Against 5 teams that wouldnt play FH to save their life. Alco will again lose to FH twice again next year for the 4th straight time with nothing but juniors and sophomores on a 24 man roster.

Good luck fielding even a JV team next year and in the future with your combined 1-11 Braddock Warriors team and 35 fans in the crowd. now run away or i shall taunt you a second time.
You forgot to include the #8 in your stats, it goes with the joke, i'm sure you've heard it.

an allegany fan walks into a bar with his dog, they are both wearing blue camper jackets. the bartender says "hey does your dog know any tricks", the guys says "yes, when we win he does a back flip" the bartender says "what does he do when you beat fh" the guys says "i don't know i've only had him 8 years"

Lets state the obvious,
59-32-4
12 in a row
30-8 since 1990

Read it and weap.

Fort Hill never beat anybody in the playoffs.
How many times did Fort Hill beat Allegany as the smaller school? I'll tell you. Never. Because Fort Hill has always been the larger school. They needed to be the larger school to beat Allegany.

In the last 20 years, what team (Allegany or Fort Hill) has beaten Dunbar? I'll tell you that one too. Allegany.

Congratulations on winning a 3A title 40 years ago. Congratulations on being the only 3A school in Allegany county history. Go on and be proud about having to fall all the way to 1A until you finally got good.

I'll keep laughing at you for crying about how you had to play tough teams at 3A, and crying about having to play tough teams at 2A, and yet you still cry about having to play tough teams at 1A. When you play an easy playoff path, you have an all-time great team. All of a sudden you play one tough team after four years, and its a conspiracy against the poor Sentinels.

This forum has become a complete car wreck.

How many times did Fort Hill beat Allegany as the smaller school? I'll tell you. Never. Because Fort Hill has always been the larger school. They needed to be the larger school to beat Allegany.

In the last 20 years, what team (Allegany or Fort Hill) has beaten Dunbar? I'll tell you that one too. Allegany.

Congratulations on winning a 3A title 40 years ago. Congratulations on being the only 3A school in Allegany county history. Go on and be proud about having to fall all the way to 1A until you finally got good.

I'll keep laughing at you for crying about how you had to play tough teams at 3A, and crying about having to play tough teams at 2A, and yet you still cry about having to play tough teams at 1A. When you play an easy playoff path, you have an all-time great team. All of a sudden you play one tough team after four years, and its a conspiracy against the poor Sentinels.

1997 MPSSAA 2a final fh 22 dunbar 6. You could at least get your facts right if nothing else.
in addition, what team beat dunbar not on their home field? yep, fh.

Last edited:
Reactions: Over the top we go

Yes a car wreck because a jealous blue belly comes here twice a year only when FH loses a game to ridicule their accomplishments. Such a joke an Alco person would make light of anyones schedule or accomplishments. So look in the mirror at your own about who started belittling what.

Talk about long ago, keep clinging to those multi 1980 titles like gold when Alco was in a lower class. Since 1990:
FH is 30-8 against Alco and has 5 titles to blues 3 titles. Still want to drop talking about the past?

Check your playoff record against Dunbar in football or basketball and get back with me. Play them 6 times and see how many football titles Alco has. Play Linganore in a semi or Urbana in a championship when they were setting a record 4 titles in a row. This milenium Alco beat Oakland Mills and Snow Hill for titles and some A hole is going to call out FH for not beating good enough teams seriously?

Cling to the 1980s all you want. Alco hasnt beaten shit. Now who started this car wreck thread? FH has kicked the living crap out of Alco now for almost 3 decades no matter how you wish to slice it.

Last edited:
What I don’t get is why you guys even reply to a troll. He’s a troll. Ignore him and he will go away.

What I don’t get is why you guys even reply to a troll. He’s a troll. Ignore him and he will go away.
you're right, i agree, no more replying to the troll. actually there are two more that i'm adding. i have never seen so many high maintenance, exhausting, dense losers, and i mean the kind that lose to a team 11 straight times, and still think they can add something to this message board. you can explain something to them 8 different ways and they still can't comprehend the simplest of explanations. i guess when you haven't won anything in 12 years you get so blinded by rage and jealousy that nothing but shit comes out your mouth. Those three will never get a response from me again, promise that.

Last edited:
your comment about the de's is spot on. in addition, while we may not have had those people at corner this year, we had athletes with similar talent that weren't always on the field. if your speed is on the sideline it aint tackling nobody. i'm not going to call anybody out but there is a position on the fh defense that could be eliminated and nobody would know. it is a position that is supposed to cover a receiver who has gotten away from his defender. it's a position when a running back breaks free they should be somewhere in the vicinity. there is something going on with fh's defense when you give up 4 70 or so td's in one game, and it went on the whole year.

This may be an unpopular opinion, maybe not since they live and Die by the 6-2 like the Wing-T, but I would’ve switched up the D against dunbar, and all the spread teams really. With a team like Dunbar, they aren’t fundamentally sound enough to sustain a whole drive getting 8-10 first downs IMO. Penalties will eventually pigeon hole them. Prevent the big play. I’m getting more speed on the D line/secondary and playing the Plummer and Brehm kid more and letting them use their speed to wear down Dunbar’s O-line. If u play no DE’s let Miller rush as well in passing obvious situations. I’m pushing Poling to safety with Powell or Askins. I’m almost inclined to put Hamilton at LB to let him lurk the middle for the run where he used to play. Leave Askins, Hoover and Smith at corner or switch in Powell. Smith would follow the fastest kid. Have Swan drop in a middle zone all game or follow the back wherever he goes to try and prevent those screens. If has to drop based on the line play, Just flash in front of the QB’s eyes to make him hold the ball that extra second. Put Brehm and Powell at D tackle or leave Luke there and watch the back which worked in the MCC game when he dropped. If he goes to the flat, drop out. Of course that’s all the typical “ arm chair talk” but I’ve been saying it for a few years since I’ve been living up here watching FH.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5punisher3
Yes a car wreck because a jealous blue belly comes here twice a year only when FH loses a game to ridicule their accomplishments. Such a joke an Alco person would make light of anyones schedule or accomplishments. So look in the mirror at your own about who started belittling what.

Talk about long ago, keep clinging to those multi 1980 titles like gold when Alco was in a lower class. Since 1990:
FH is 30-8 against Alco and has 5 titles to blues 3 titles. Still want to drop talking about the past?

Check your playoff record against Dunbar in football or basketball and get back with me. Play them 6 times and see how many football titles Alco has. Play Linganore in a semi or Urbana in a championship when they were setting a record 4 titles in a row. This milenium Alco beat Oakland Mills and Snow Hill for titles and some A hole is going to call out FH for not beating good enough teams seriously?

Cling to the 1980s all you want. Alco hasnt beaten shit. Now who started this car wreck thread? FH has kicked the living crap out of Alco now for almost 3 decades no matter how you wish to slice it.

Fort Hill hasn't beaten shit. Except Allegany, who 95% repeatedly say isn't good.

Can you see why you get laughed at? You hang your hat on beating a program you say doesn't beat anybody.

Keep crying about how you have to play tough teams, then brag about beating a team that you do nothing but put down.

Do you see how your own logic is a car wreck? Go one and tell me again what the record is against a team you say is inferior. Then tell me how in the hell is that suppose to impress anybody.

Reactions: camper21502
1997 MPSSAA 2a final fh 22 dunbar 6. You could at least get your facts right if nothing else.
in addition, what team beat dunbar not on their home field? yep, fh.
So you can't use a calendar. How do you expect to be taken seriously when you can't even count?
Name a win FH has over Allegany that isn't on FH's home field. You can't.
You lose all sense of logic when you're this mad.

Fort Hill hasn't beaten shit. Except Allegany, who 95% repeatedly say isn't good.

Can you see why you get laughed at? You hang your hat on beating a program you say doesn't beat anybody.

Keep crying about how you have to play tough teams, then brag about beating a team that you do nothing but put down.

Do you see how your own logic is a car wreck? Go one and tell me again what the record is against a team you say is inferior. Then tell me how in the hell is that suppose to impress anybody.

You at least got one thing correct. Alco is definitely inferior.

59-32-4
12 in a row
30-8 since 1990
STATE RECORD 4 titles in a row

You at least got one thing correct. Alco is definitely inferior.

59-32-4
12 in a row
30-8 since 1990
STATE RECORD 4 titles in a row
Wow! 80 years of football and all you got to cling to is your record against one bad team. Such a waste.

Reactions: Big Campers Fan
This may be an unpopular opinion, maybe not since they live and Die by the 6-2 like the Wing-T, but I would’ve switched up the D against dunbar, and all the spread teams really. With a team like Dunbar, they aren’t fundamentally sound enough to sustain a whole drive getting 8-10 first downs IMO. Penalties will eventually pigeon hole them. Prevent the big play. I’m getting more speed on the D line/secondary and playing the Plummer and Brehm kid more and letting them use their speed to wear down Dunbar’s O-line. If u play no DE’s let Miller rush as well in passing obvious situations. I’m pushing Poling to safety with Powell or Askins. I’m almost inclined to put Hamilton at LB to let him lurk the middle for the run where he used to play. Leave Askins, Hoover and Smith at corner or switch in Powell. Smith would follow the fastest kid. Have Swan drop in a middle zone all game or follow the back wherever he goes to try and prevent those screens. If has to drop based on the line play, Just flash in front of the QB’s eyes to make him hold the ball that extra second. Put Brehm and Powell at D tackle or leave Luke there and watch the back which worked in the MCC game when he dropped. If he goes to the flat, drop out. Of course that’s all the typical “ arm chair talk” but I’ve been saying it for a few years since I’ve been living up here watching FH.
This is exactly the kind of thinking I've been trying to get people to buy into! If what you're doing isn't working you have to get creative. We don't have enough speed is bs. Maybe what you said would work and maybe it wouldn't, but the 6-2 does not work on the teams you've mentioned. It doesn't work anymore than saying give the fb the ball more when he had 13 carries for 26 yards in the entire second half. How many drives are 3 and out when you average 2 yards a carry? All of them. Hansel had Robinette lurking as you call it in the playoff game and fh could not get away from him. he was everywhere. i like the idea of hamilton doing the same thing. When you get no pressure on the qb what good is the 6-2 doing?
I give you credit for at least not buying into the idea that we should continue what we're doing and we'll beat them next year - not gonna happen.

A record 5 straight titles is a record. 4-1 in that stretch is a great achievement. Just like Alcoa’s 7.25 state titles

True but I would rather stay home if someone were to steal my prom date..
But see, you really have to be invited to the prom first. I know it’s been awhile since you have been to the prom and forget how good it feels to be there. #2 in 1a is better than being stood up by your date 2 weeks earlier. The outcome wasn’t what the kids wanted but Dave and Busters and a beautiful motel was unforgettable for the kids. Not to mention the whole thing about the 2 best teams in 1a playing one hell of a game.

Or are you one of these adults that still thinks it’s about you. Aww that’s sweet, you do think it’s about you.

You go ask any kid if they want to watch their big brother go play football or would rather experience that on your own. Their ya go. Now you know the truth.

Last edited:
We cant all play Elkton, Forestville, Oakland Mills or Snow Hill in the championship game. lol

Dunbar isn't fundamentally sound? Where do you guys get this stuff from? Lol

We cant all play Elkton, Forestville, Oakland Mills or Snow Hill in the championship game. lol

Guys, please don't stop.. this is the spirit we need that will give us some momentum going into the offseason. Now WeHave8 drew first blood by getting the thread going, but I have to say, some wild haymakers being thrown here by the FH die hards.

On a serious note, with FH, Alco and Dunbar being the basis of this thread, have we done a count yet to measure what each of these three teams loses next year to graduation? I know FH and Alco lose some big pieces of their teams - can Todd, FHHSAHS or someone else give us some insight as to how the key 1A squads reload next year?

For example, I know we lose (obviously) Robinette, Bratton, Llewellyn and y'all are losing Hamilton, Banks, etc. Who's going to step in?

Dunbar isn't fundamentally sound? Where do you guys get this stuff from? Lol

They’re not. As evidenced by the holding calls. They’re a bunch of athletes and big bodies on the line. They do have smart savy kids, but FHs poor tackling allowed them to bust big plays and overcome those situations. They cleaned it up some in the 2nd half but the first half was penalty fest. They probably had 6-7 total in the half. They won’t consistently put together 8-10 play drives if you play smart football defensively. They were in 2nd and 20 plus a few times due to penalties but the big play bailed them out, credit them for that. They have playmakers, but for ex. The 4 turnovers they coughed up against HDG is lack of fundamentals. It comes from actually watching them play and seeing film.

Well CI, Dunbar loses their stud QB. That is big shoes to fill. FH will always reloads and they have a QB that will do fine and their speed guys should be bigger, faster and stronger in 2018. Lackey’s big QB is returning so they will be in the mix. I don’t know much about PG-Douglass but it very well could be the same four teams in the semi’s if Alco doesn’t upset FH. Havre De Grace should run the table in their region again. They have been dominating the past couple of years and have built a solid program with a youth league to support it.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
This is exactly the kind of thinking I've been trying to get people to buy into! If what you're doing isn't working you have to get creative. We don't have enough speed is bs. Maybe what you said would work and maybe it wouldn't, but the 6-2 does not work on the teams you've mentioned. It doesn't work anymore than saying give the fb the ball more when he had 13 carries for 26 yards in the entire second half. How many drives are 3 and out when you average 2 yards a carry? All of them. Hansel had Robinette lurking as you call it in the playoff game and fh could not get away from him. he was everywhere. i like the idea of hamilton doing the same thing. When you get no pressure on the qb what good is the 6-2 doing?
I give you credit for at least not buying into the idea that we should continue what we're doing and we'll beat them next year - not gonna happen.

When you see a lot of different styles of football, you think outside the box a bit. Status quo doesn’t always work.

They’re not. As evidenced by the holding calls. They’re a bunch of athletes and big bodies on the line. They do have smart savy kids, but FHs poor tackling allowed them to bust big plays and overcome those situations. They cleaned it up some in the 2nd half but the first half was penalty fest. They probably had 6-7 total in the half. They won’t consistently put together 8-10 play drives if you play smart football defensively. They were in 2nd and 20 plus a few times due to penalties but the big play bailed them out, credit them for that. They have playmakers, but for ex. The 4 turnovers they coughed up against HDG is lack of fundamentals. It comes from actually watching them play and seeing film.

I guess you have the same mentality of a lot of people in Cumberland, when you lose to "city" schools, it's just because they have athletes and the coaches down there just roll the ball out, lol

I guess you have the same mentality of a lot of people in Cumberland, when you lose to "city" schools, it's just because they have athletes and the coaches down there just roll the ball out, lol

Nah. I played down that way. Just stating what I clearly see and have seen.

OK, you're a certified expert. The Dunbar coaches just have good athletes, they didn't teach their players any fundamentals.

If you want to call me that, I’ll take it. Don’t recall saying they were never taught any fundamentals though clearly states they’re not fundamentally sound enough to consistently maintain long drives. Pretty cut and dry.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT