ADVERTISEMENT

TDHELMICK

Saying screw championships was what every FH fan said from the mid 70s until three years ago. The whole season was based on beating one team. Or complaining that Allegany only won titles because they we're a smaller class. Now that they are the tallest dwarf in the state, its all about the championship.
I'll agree beating Also seemed to be the goal in the 80' & 90's. But now that is getting old so we had to move on to state championships. Something with a little a more challenge.

My brother is a state cop. He said they received a call from Mike Calhoun regarding scheduling a time and date to have an official parade to Haystack Mtn. when the 8 state title banners are moved to the new school. He also said something about Brinks security trucks with armored guards but I didn't really hear much of what said due to laughing about the original call from Calhoun.

"wehave8"

It’s a forum that was once about discussing football and sports. Well hell. Now it seems like it’s nothing but a cesspool of hate. Nobody actually takes time to discuss how good we actually have it when it comes to a football or sports community. All we want to do is lob idiotic attacks back and forth. This forum is trash because of the constant drama. I don’t even know why MdVarsity even allows this crap. It reminds me of the Young and the Restless. I vote Lag as Victor. Cause I think he’s a ladies man. Now rewind it every year and everyone is still bitching about the same shit with an outsider stirring the pot.

The problem is it's more people on the board now who don't really understand sports. They may have a genuine love of sports but they can't discuss the game intelligently. Watch the people who "lob idiotic attacks" - it's the same people over and over. A message board is for debate, everyone isn't going to agree with you. Debate on the issue without making it personal. We are talking about high school sports not world peace. Why is it when presented with an opposing viewpoint would any intelligent person respond with the following, "you're a hater," "you're stupid," "you're against the kids." If you believe someone is making a stupid point it should actually be easier to win the debate.

The problem is it's more people on the board now who don't really understand sports. They may have a genuine love of sports but they can't discuss the game intelligently. Watch the people who "lob idiotic attacks" - it's the same people over and over. A message board is for debate, everyone isn't going to agree with you. Debate on the issue without making it personal. We are talking about high school sports not world peace. Why is it when presented with an opposing viewpoint would any intelligent person respond with the following, "you're a hater," "you're stupid," "you're against the kids." If you believe someone is making a stupid point it should actually be easier to win the debate.

Ugh.... I believe Helmick himself has used those types of responses from time to time and he obviously knows the game and the system quite well.

Personally, I think they are more of a knee-jerk reaction to reading something one does not like.

(My personal response favs are calling something crap and bullshit.)

Reactions: BoyznBlue
sometimes one has to give more of a knee-jerk reaction because getting answers to direct questions seems to be very difficult. Sometimes posters will reply so they can feel a sense of superiority over the other posters. When, in fact, it just makes them appear scared.......

There is just too much of the same. Some posters such as Lag, Boyz myself included just repeat the same stuff over and over and over. It monotonous to sift through. When you keep pulling out the Middletown Dunbar thing over and over when Todd has answered that question a million times you begin to wonder about intelligence levels or agendas. Make no mistake. People have massive agendas here. Either all big red or all not big red. Yes there are obviously blind haters and blind lovers here.

Let's no fool each other here. There are massive agendas. It's one thing to debate or make comment. Another when it's repeated for 5 years and all one sided for or against. Notice I included myself in that list. When someine posts the FH SOS 12 times readers get it. When someone posts Melbourne is bad against the run or why doesn't FH play Martinsburg 12 times readers get it. One just feeds off the other.

Last edited:
Damascus and the rest of Montgomery county does schedules in 2yr cycles. So if any out of county team wants to schedule a MoCo team in 2019, talks need to start now. Especially if you want to play one of the better schools. The lower tier schools are more likely to have an open date 1yr out. Initial talks for Northwest/Good Counsel & Quince Orchard/Bullis were done well in advance.

Given the ridiculously tough region Damascus is in, combined with only 4 open dates. 2 of which are filled by a rivalry game (Clarksburg) and a 4A school (Quince Orchard or Sherwood). Its more likely a scrimmage vs Fort Hill would happen before a real game. The bigger schools in MoCo have a bit more wiggle room to schedule a tough school like Fort Hill.

Last edited:

can't tell if you are showing self awareness for once or not

I'll agree beating Also seemed to be the goal in the 80' & 90's. But now that is getting old so we had to move on to state championships. Something with a little a more challenge.

My brother is a state cop. He said they received a call from Mike Calhoun regarding scheduling a time and date to have an official parade to Haystack Mtn. when the 8 state title banners are moved to the new school. He also said something about Brinks security trucks with armored guards but I didn't really hear much of what said due to laughing about the original call from Calhoun.

"wehave8"
So quick to throw away tradition in South Cumberland. Except being poor. Too bad the goal wasn't getting indoor plumbing by the 80s and 90s, huh?

Considering how hard it was for Calhoun to win a title with the players he was given as a coach, I'm sure he does appreciate finally being at a place that was able to get it done.

So quick to throw away tradition in South Cumberland. Except being poor. Too bad the goal wasn't getting indoor plumbing by the 80s and 90s, huh?

Considering how hard it was for Calhoun to win a title with the players he was given as a coach, I'm sure he does appreciate finally being at a place that was able to get it done.

Yep getting it done in a lower class. Now we see how easy it is.

Yep getting it done in a lower class. Now we see how easy it is.

You are right. Fort Hill can only get it done at the lower class.

Fort Hill - 1 title 3A, 1 title 2A, 4 titles 1A

Allegany - 6 titles 2A, 2 titles 1A

Way to insult yourself.

Exactly. 3A ain't easy all those years. Since the two have been in the same class it's a wipe out.

I've always said Moorefield has more titles than Martinsburg.

57-32-4
10 IN A ROW
20 out of the last 27
OUCH

Last edited:
Reactions: Waggle Pass
Exactly. 3A ain't easy all those years. Since the two have been in the same class it's a wipe out.

I've always said Moorefield has more titles than Martinsburg.

57-32-4
10 IN A ROW
20 out of the last 27
OUCH
Exactly. 2A wasnt hard all those years for Allegany. Fort Hill sure struggled though.

Kings of Cumberland! Good job! You're the richest man with an outhouse! Lmao!

ya' me scooter. But, I have to ask, how can you know that and be such a piss poor speller? I foresee remedial English in your college career at Dollar General State College. Your parents are so proud of you, scooter.

ya' me scooter. But, I have to ask, how can you know that and be such a piss poor speller? I foresee remedial English in your college career at Dollar General State College. Your parents are so proud of you, scooter.
How couldn't you know that after writing the dictionary, Webster? Ohh, wrong Webster. Mr. Papadopoulos still making you act like a little boy for his pleasure? As long as he's got a lap, you'll always have a place to sit.

We all know you like riding pole position, Skippy. Why else would you sneak into the FH locker room after games?

tell your mom to take out her tongue piercing. Pulls the pubes.

Still haven't answered my questions. It seems to me that you are more interested in child molestation posts. Even going back a couple weeks you respond with child abuse posts. Something you wanna talk to a therapist about?

tell your mom to take out her tongue piercing. Pulls the pubes.

Still haven't answered my questions. It seems to me that you are more interested in child molestation posts. Even going back a couple weeks you respond with child abuse posts. Something you wanna talk to a therapist about?
So brave to violate that restraining order the football teams put on you. All to get a peak at the Fort Hill cheap meat.

Still haven't asked any questions here. Just worried about losing a pissing contest on the internet, aren't you Slippy.

Was it your therapist who put you down the road to the pedophilia? Or was it the mommy issues you obviously have?

OK skippy. Stubenville, Ohio. Dunbar did the same thing.

There is something I was reluctant to tell you but now is just as good as time as any. I know your mom real well. Basically, my sperm met her egg. I am your father. We tried to abort you you but it didn't take. I called you Skippy as a child.

OK skippy. Stubenville, Ohio. Dunbar did the same thing.

There is something I was reluctant to tell you but now is just as good as time as any. I know your mom real well. Basically, my sperm met her egg. I am your father. We tried to abort you you but it didn't take. I called you Skippy as a child.

Stubenville? Bwaaahahahaha! Bwaaahahahaha! OK. So Stubenville is just as racist as Fort Hill, Skippy. You get to tell them to be careful with the racial slurs, racist. You had to go three hours away to find another school as racist as fort hill. Even you see how bad that is, Skippy.

Wow! I know I've been calling you Webster, but I really didn't expect you to sit on a joke I first heard 30 years ago with the same enthusiasm you sit on the pole.

Sorry Scooter, your mom just called me and told me to stop insulting you.

Skippy, I just heard over the scanner that they apprehended you at Lions Chicken for exposing your little wing to the folks in line. There's another place you can't come within 150 yards. Come being the keyword there.

I can't pick on you anymore. Your mom called me, again, and asked that I not pick on you on an open forum. She explained the whole situation about what's going on with you. Sorry to hear it. Best of luck.

I can't pick on you anymore. Your mom called me, again, and asked that I not pick on you on an open forum. She explained the whole situation about what's going on with you. Sorry to hear it. Best of luck.
Poor Skippy has been forced to move to another town to escape the sex offender shame. I'm sure you can shack up with Harvey Weinstein. He's your new Papadopoulos, Webster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT