ADVERTISEMENT

Southern @ Northern thoughts

NG Huskies Fan

Blue Chip Poster
Apr 14, 2002
Any thoughts on the Southern @ Northern week 10 game?
I think it will be a close game that could go either way.

Last edited:
Since Allegany played both teams you may have to wait for an Allegany poster to answer that. If there are any Allegany posters who attended both the Northern and Southern games.

You may receive opinions from posters who listen to WCBC & watch Commercial Video. Their respective comments are tossed into a blender, the results are analyzed, and then will be formulated into the poster's own response. You may also get to see some fancy numbers from rankings that posters claim they don't go by but are often posted as concrete evidence.

The game could go either way, but I don't think it will. Being a Northern fan you probably don't want to hear what I have to say. I've seen Northern play and I've seen Southern play. Southern will beat Northern. Neither team is real good, but Northern is bad. Northern would be the very bottom tier of 1A, Southern would be in the middle tier of 1A. The Southern qb, will run for a couple touchdowns. Northern may score once or twice. Southern is definetly better than Northern. Southern is bigger and faster.

Last edited:
Northern has too many injuries for the size of the school and I fear will not be competitive with Southern.

As far as other commentary is concerned, the stands at Northern are low on both sides as is the case at most high school events. This highlights what a treasure Greenway is and, of course, we still go to the Commercial vids to dissect such things as the recent events. On the home side at Northern where I sat, the lights are also partially aimed in your eyes. You can enjoy the atmosphere of being at the game but to truly analyze the total field from this vantage point is impossible. Of course, there is no Commercial vid to review.

Northern has too many injuries for the size of the school and I fear will not be competitive with Southern.

As far as other commentary is concerned, the stands at Northern are low on both sides as is the case at most high school events. This highlights what a treasure Greenway is and, of course, we still go to the Commercial vids to dissect such things as the recent events. On the home side at Northern where I sat, the lights are also partially aimed in your eyes. You can enjoy the atmosphere of being at the game but to truly analyze the total field from this vantage point is impossible. Of course, there is no Commercial vid to review.
I was at both games. Southern will win this one going away. Northern has to many injuries and Southern has the size and speed. Southern by two scores.

I was at both games. Southern will win this one going away. Northern has to many injuries and Southern has the size and speed. Southern by two scores.

I fully agree with your opinion. Having watched the Commercial vid of the Alco/Southern game it is quite apparent the size and speed of Southern.

I also want to add that there are tons of folks huddled around their big screens playing fantasy football today. They may go to a couple pro games a year, but with the broadcasts, stats, replays and respected commentary they understand the teams as well season ticket holders.

I went to both games and neither school is very Impressive.. It took everything both teams had just to get a 1st down against an average at best camper defense.. I think Southern is about 2 scores better than Northern. 28-14 Rams...

Last edited:
Southern with the win... Impressive rebuild doing on up there in Oakland, and they've got some momentum in their favor overall as a program.

This is a rivalry game so you can usually throw the records out for this game. Looking at the schedule early on this season, I was thinking this may be a game to decide a playoff ticket and it looks like it is just that. Southern wins and they are in, Northern wins and they need a lot of help to get in that frankly I do not see happening, but it is still possible.
The game is in Accident so Huskies have the field but not sure with their recent injuries they can hang in with Southern's line and speed in the backfield.
Northern has had the best of this match-up in recent history, but I feel like that will change for the next couple of years. Southern is a strong team this year with a big returning junior class for next year so some wins should swing back Southern's way the next few years. Their coach has done a great job getting the numbers back up for the program to build. Huskies 13 Rams 34.

I think Southern will win going away. Size, speed, and depth will be the key in this one. The recent injuries at NHS will have a big impact for the Huskies. Northern will be well prepared, but I don't think they can handle the size of Southern.

SHS 35
NHS 14

Congratulations to SHS, and best of luck in the playoffs. Honestly I was surprised by the 28 point difference. If you look at the games against common opponents prior to last night, the difference was +1 Southern, but that's why they play the game on the field not on paper.
Still, another winning season for NHS, and actually they set school history as this was the 4th straight season for them with 6+ wins, which is the first time in history of NHS that they have had 4 straight winning seasons, so lets hope next year they can keep it going, and maybe get back in the playoffs.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT