ADVERTISEMENT

Out of State Teams

Argox66

All State Poster
Oct 30, 2017
I really like that FH has been playing such a challenging schedule from out of state teams the likes of Wadsworth and Briar Woods. I think it’s good for the program as well as Western Md.

I wonder, if we could had the option choose for ourselves, what teams would be fun and yet still challenging to set up to pit against the Sentinels?

That Medina school that beat Wadsworth twice comes to mind, for example.

Thoughts?

Dunbar and bridgeport
Really any WV 3A school to be honest. I’d love to see FH find a way to get into playing some of those WV 2 and 3A schools just from a competition and close proximity in travel

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Dunbar and bridgeport
Really any WV 3A school to be honest. I’d love to see FH find a way to get into playing some of those WV 2 and 3A schools just from a competition and close proximity in travel
I agree. I'd love to give Bridgeport a beating.

Last edited:
Bridgeport-Fort Hill should be a big rivalry. Very similar programs not too far apart. Ruling out the martinsburg matchup, I think FH could have very entertaining series with Fairmont Senior, Musselman, and Linsly out of wheeling. Morgantown would be fun as well, but don’t see that one being likely with Biser running the show there.

From VA, I think Tuscarora or Kettle Run would be the next logical NoVa opponents. None of the Winchester schools are very good right now. Stone Bridge is the best program year to year in NoVa, but maybe too much for FH to handle most years. Pipedream matchups that would probably be prohibitively far away would be Liberty Christian and Salem(Roanoke). Riverheads is a similarly punchy small enrollment program, but I don’t think they’d compete with fort hill currently.

I’d also love to see a Steubenville or Ironton series if we expand to Ohio

There's a lot of support downstate for a FH - QO matchup. Mostly from those who want to see Fort Hill lose.
This matchup's potential outcomes really only favor FH...in that if FH loses ..so what, a huge, successful 4A school defeated a small, successful 1A school. With a tight margin of victory, it could show FH is able to compete with the big boys

If Quince Orchard were to lose, however, what a choke that little FH beats QO.

FH should take this game in a minute if offered. A 5-4 FH against a schedule of QOs and Wadsworths is just as much a favorite to win 1A as a 9-0 FH with any schedule.

Reactions: Dwj21
If I had a dream schedule it would include the obvious teams that make sense.
Linganore, Urbana, Oakdale, Damascus, Walkersville, Middletown. Those teams are all usually consistently tough, 90 minutes away, bigger in size. It just makes too much sense.

About 5 years ago there were a couple of posters who laughingly accused FH of avoiding games with Middletown, Dunbar and Lackey. LOL. Teams must share the same open dates first and foremost. I can assure this was never the case. FH wants those type of games and always did. Now, we can't get any of the teams listed here to even consider a game with FH even when sharing the same open date. Frederick County bailed. I believe the extreme nature of the Oakdale lopsided scores scared all of Frederick away including Oakdale.

Sometimes my gut honesty can come off as errogant as it's obvious I'm a FH guy. But Washington County isn't a viable option in regards to competition. Every team there would get a running clock. It is what it is.

Last edited:
There's a lot of support downstate for a FH - QO matchup. Mostly from those who want to see Fort Hill lose.
This was the year. Other years would be very difficult to hang with them. But this year I fully believe we would win that game.

Reactions: Tony54
That’s so true. Quince Orchard is really good and most years they win. This year I would pick Fort Hill.

The very best dream matchup is Riverheads High. They run the wing t and they have won the last 7 1a state championships in a row. They’re heavy favorites this year also..

Did I mention they wear all red uniforms and are not far away in Staunton

Todd please make that happen!!!

The very best dream matchup is Riverheads High. They run the wing t and they have won the last 7 1a state championships in a row. They’re heavy favorites this year also..

Did I mention they wear all red uniforms and are not far away in Staunton

Todd please make that happen!!!
Cal preps got us favored by 26 this year. Interesting.

we’re the #1 ranked public team in Maryland now. I can’t imagine Riverheads giving Fort Hill a good game either but I think it would generate a lot of excitement. They had won 52 Games in a row until they lost last year. It was the longest win streak in the country.

I would love to see Briar Woods win this game. Stone Bedge is just the bully in that area. I watched them win the state championship a few years ago and they were fantastic.

Does VA start the semifinals next week or not that far in the playoffs yet? Stone bridge is 17 in VA, Briarwood number 30

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT