ADVERTISEMENT

So does northern stand a chance friday????

Northern will be putting everything on the line Friday night! I'm picking an upset, Huskies 20-Alco 13

Northern is claiming to have some speed. Alco has yet to face a fast team on a dry track. (They played SO but under monsoon conditions.) If Northern is as fast as they say, it could be a game. I'm still thinking that Northern really isn't, but I haven't seen them. While I don't feel that Alco is as fast as they were were last year, their line is better and you don't want to go toe to toe with them. I feel that Alco wins this game.

Close first half. Alco breaks it open in 2nd half

Allegany 27
Northern 15

I haven't watched Northern play. If Allegany doesn't show up to play there will be an upset. These teams look close on paper so only time will show how these teams match up. I think Campers win but if they make mistakes and can't get going early Huskies will pull this one out.

Originally posted by FortHillFan89:
I haven't watched Northern play. If Allegany doesn't show up to play there will be an upset. These teams look close on paper so only time will show how these teams match up. I think Campers win but if they make mistakes and can't get going early Huskies will pull this one out.
How true. How true.

But I will show my homer Blue and predict the Campers will show up with an attitude. Northern has not seen a team like Allegany this year. Alco can run inside and outside on Northern while also able to pass.

Allegany's defense will spend the evening in Northern's backfield. So, I will take Alco and the over on this one.

Really never thought i would see the day when a cumberland school would get excited about beating northern..

Sounds like keep the korn is in the air....

21 zip Alco and they just recovered the kickoff.
I'll watch the commercial vid... but I am sure some FH fans will say Northern is really bad rather than Alco is very good.

Just watch the video and draw your own conclusion. They are winning 28-0 but in honesty it hasn't been stellar.

I'm not sure if I'm just bored because I'm watching blue but this game is like watching paint dry. Allegany has nothing... Not like the great teams of the past. Homecoming prediction 42-14 FH

It hasn't been exciting for sure. You are not alone. Northern is making them fight for most everything they got. I was just expecting more I guess. Maybe it's just me but this place is dead. Fans are asleep. Players are asking for support with no response from fans.

Just watch the video and draw your own conclusion. They are winning 28-0 but in honesty it hasn't been stellar.
Well, I don't think anybody expects stellar. After watching FH's backfield everything else will pale in comparison. I would be expecting 1A football, not some of the best in the state. Perhaps you're a bit spoiled?

Nonetheless, I'll take a look. It certainly seems to be pretty much penalty and fumble free. For Allegany that says a lot.

I must be watching a different game. I haven't seen anything or heard any fans complaining.
Comments made on the radio. Bad spot on a punt. Two short spots on 3rd down runs and a late hit on camper quarterback. So they say on the radio.

I'm not trying to bash. Really. And you could be correct in that I'm spoiled. It's a shame the kids don't get better support. Guy behind me was excited because he said Northern must have been expecting a pass when the play was a screen pass. Lol. My dad was dieing. Filters are hard to find for 78 year olds.

Allegany takes the field and no excitement from fans. Sigh. I hear a train horn, maybe I'm wrong. Disregard, it's the railroad.

Speaking of train horn... You can only imitate but never duplicate FH... Blue needs to quit ridding Fort Hill's coat tails! Make your own traditions, and then maybe they'll create their own success

Allegany takes the field and no excitement from fans. Sigh. I hear a train horn, maybe I'm wrong. Disregard, it's the railroad.
You are so right about the fans. After years of what has happened they have forgotten how to celebrate.

Running into the kicker not called. What is wrong with those guys?
Then there is a personal foul on Alco bench.
Really sad.

38 -14 so I now have my over. Northern scores on Alco subs.
Can Allegany's second team get a couple first downs and end this thing.

Yeah but Allegany put them back in. Stupid move by coaching staff.

This post was edited on 10/24 11:04 PM by FortHillFan89

I am sure Korn was really angry at the no call on the kicker and wanted to get the game over. But still, he could ill afford an injury to a starter. Alco could have scored again.... I think they were running the clock.

When Allegany plays at Greenway, the place feels like a tomb, I mean the place just feels way too big for "all that remains" from a once great program at fan base. While you can certainly argue that Fort Hill games aren't as well attended and grand as they used to be but wow are they far superior to the Allegany experience. There's still alot of excitement and energy in the house when the Sentinels play and Fort Hill looks like they belong in the place unlike Allegany.

Originally posted by PolkHighPride:
When Allegany plays at Greenway, the place feels like a tomb, I mean the place just feels way too big for "all that remains" from a once great program at fan base. While you can certainly argue that Fort Hill games aren't as well attended and grand as they used to be but wow are they far superior to the Allegany experience. There's still alot of excitement and energy in the house when the Sentinels play and Fort Hill looks like they belong in the place unlike Allegany.
I hear yah, and agree with much of what you say. But, on the other hand, I am sure the Camper players tonight are walking tall - and they should. I can't wait to watch the vid. You know, sometimes we just take from things the bits and pieces of what remains.

I don't care how good Northern was or wasn't - and it is a loss by the Alco alum not to have seen this game. The Alco kids came out and played solid all around. Greenway is only as special as Blue and Red make it. It is enhanced by how each team plays or it is diminished. Somehow I think the Greenway lady is smiling tonight.

I, too, was disappointed by the tiny crowd. The ingredients were there- 2 local teams fighting for a playoff spot, beautiful evening for football, but neither team was given much support. At least the Alco band was there!!!

To perform at halftime and leave. Would have rather argued with the guys behind me on who the new coach should be then watch someone who thinks they walk on the field and people stop in awe. That's the directors fault I know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT