ADVERTISEMENT

Putting it into Perspective

Interesting facts from the FH website. Spin it anyway you like.

FH 11 years in class 3A: 6-5 in play-offs includes 1-1 in title games

FH 20 years in class 2A: 13-12 in play-offs includes 1-3 in title games

FH 14 years in class 1A: 36-9 in play-offs includes 5-3 in title games

Md. play-offs 1974-2018 45 years.

Let the discussion begin.

Only one reason for all the success in 1a. Far better coaching then in the past history

Only one reason for all the success in 1a. Far better coaching then in the past history

You cannot coach speed and you cannot turn non-athletes into athletes. But good coaching can teach an athlete how to throw a forward pass so as not to draft a golden-legged kicker to do it. Should be a-piece-oh-cake to develop 2 or 3 passers with 42 on varsity.... and have passing quarterbacks coming up with good coaching and a deep bench all the way down through freshman to middle school.

1A with a 3A bench.

You cannot coach speed and you cannot turn non-athletes into athletes. But good coaching can teach an athlete how to throw a forward pass so as not to draft a golden-legged kicker to do it. Should be a-piece-oh-cake to develop 2 or 3 passers with 42 on varsity.... and have passing quarterbacks coming up with good coaching and a deep bench all the way down through freshman to middle school.

1A with a 3A bench.
As usual you are wrong again. Coaches determine everythingl: i’ll keep saying the same thing. Kids don’t grow up on one side of the town faster stronger and better than on the other side of the town. Ford Hill kids aren’t any better than mountain ridge kids either : Fort Hill barely has division one athletes

1A with a 3A bench.
Why do you get so caught up on the “athletes”? You are right, you can’t turn non-athletes into athletes but you can turn them into good football players. Look at offense and defensive line man, look at corner backs, look at linebackers. Those positions need to be taught and the teaching is done though coaching. Brayden polling was statistically the greatest defensive player in FH history, was he considered an athlete? Austin Martin? Colton Crabtree? They were all coached into great defensive players and I wouldn’t consider them athletes.

As usual you are wrong again. Coaches determine everythingl: i’ll keep saying the same thing. Kids don’t grow up on one side of the town faster stronger and better than on the other side of the town. Ford Hill kids aren’t any better than mountain ridge kids either : Fort Hill barely has division one athletes

Coaches determine everything

So, the goal of coaching at FH was to have a future pro kicker as a quarterback? FH coaches Just didn't want anyone else to handle the snaps.... otherwise FH could have coached someone to do it since they determine everything. Right?

High school coaches can create speed from slower kids. Right? They can also create athletes from the awkward, physically challenged. Right? Coaches determine everything.

FH is going to kick the snot out of MR tonight with exactly the same athletes as MR because Ford Hill kids aren’t any better than mountain ridge kids either . Right? Amazing. First of its kind coaching anywhere. Sell books and make a movie.

Why do you get so caught up on the “athletes”? You are right, you can’t turn non-athletes into athletes but you can turn them into good football players. Look at offense and defensive line man, look at corner backs, look at linebackers. Those positions need to be taught and the teaching is done though coaching. Brayden polling was statistically the greatest defensive player in FH history, was he considered an athlete? Austin Martin? Colton Crabtree? They were all coached into great defensive players and I wouldn’t consider them athletes.

Brayden polling was statistically the greatest defensive player in FH history, was he considered an athlete.... I wouldn’t consider them (Polling, Martin, Crabtree) athletes .

Wow.... Just trying to get all the red-jacket stories straight. So... Polling was not an athlete? Wow. For whatever my opinion is worth with you guys, I wholeheartedly disagree with that.

Coaches determine everything

So, the goal of coaching at FH was to have a future pro kicker as a quarterback? FH coaches Just didn't want anyone else to handle the snaps.... otherwise FH could have coached someone to do it since they determine everything. Right?

High school coaches can create speed from slower kids. Right? They can also create athletes from the awkward, physically challenged. Right? Coaches determine everything.

FH is going to kick the snot out of MR tonight with exactly the same athletes as MR because Ford Hill kids aren’t any better than mountain ridge kids either . Right? Amazing. First of its kind coaching anywhere. Sell books and make a movie.

They are a far superior football team to Allegheny or mountain ridge because they have a program at fort hill with really good coaches

They are a far superior football team to Allegheny or mountain ridge because they have a program at fort hill with really good coaches

You forgot good scientists or wizards since they are able to create something out of nothing by cloning or conjuring deep benches varsity, junior varsity and freshman.

If you have any good sense at all this should end this absurd conversation. How is Fort Hill doing at basketball, tennis, baseball, and wrestling

If you have any good sense at all this should end this absurd conversation. How is Fort Hill doing at basketball, tennis, baseball, and wrestling

I guess the 280 lb. + lineman aren't good on the fast-break or serving the ball. Or.... Helmick's "massive drop off" in talent includes the inability to hit the curve ball or judge the distance to the hoop. I'm still trying to find a logical explanation for the 3A bench and y'all ain't helpin'.

Last edited:
I guess the 280 lb. + lineman aren't good on the fast-break or serving the ball. Or.... Helmick's "massive drop off" in talent includes the inability to hit the curve ball or judge the distance to the hoop. I'm still trying to find a logical explanation for the 3A bench and y'all ain't helpin'.
Lags i don't believe your going to get any help. But it is Friday enjoy the game

Reactions: Lagmeister
If I would have to make a guess in all this, I would say that Alco does the best it can with the limited number of athletes it has in all sports - no so for FH, despite having an abundance of athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT