ADVERTISEMENT

Putting it into Perspective

Are you going down to support your Alma Mater

You are not making sense and trying to flip the script. My point is you focus on criticizing FH without even supporting your Alma Mater. At this point I am concluding now that you don’t even attend and support Alco at any games but you are quick to criticize FH at every point and every topic. I have probably been to more Alco games than most Alco posters on this board in the past several years. I was watching the Northern at Alco game with a former Alco assistant and we discussed how pitiful the support for the program is.

Get to their games fans. A supporting fan base hypes up the atmosphere,’gives the kids a better experience instead of crickets.

I guess "the pride of every Camper here" doesn't inspire much anymore. Too bad.

Are you going down to support your Alma Mater

You are not making sense and trying to flip the script. My point is you focus on criticizing FH without even supporting your Alma Mater. At this point I am concluding now that you don’t even attend and support Alco at any games but you are quick to criticize FH at every point and every topic. I have probably been to more Alco games than most Alco posters on this board in the past several years. I was watching the Northern at Alco game with a former Alco assistant and we discussed how pitiful the support for the program is.

Get to their games fans. A supporting fan base hypes up the atmosphere, gives the kids a better experience instead of crickets.
Is it the English you don't understand? Why should anyone going to watch the game need to prepare by not posting on here? There's no logic in that at all.
At this point it's clear you realized you said something stupid and are just making long posts as a way to cover for it. Since you've refused to answer what you meant when you said, My heavens, Allegany has a tough road trip next week and some Alco posters have done given up on the season already by criticizing FH instead of focusing on pending matters, there is nothing else to think but you've realized it makes no sense.

Seriously, what pending matters are you talking about? What the hell do you have to focus on as a fan?

Are you telling me you spend your entire week focusing on what you'll wear, how loud you'll cheer, what time youre going to arrive, etc? Thats how you spend your entire weeks during football season?

That's maybe the saddest thing I've ever heard.

Is it the English you don't understand? Why should anyone going to watch the game need to prepare by not posting on here? There's no logic in that at all.
At this point it's clear you realized you said something stupid and are just making long posts as a way to cover for it. Since you've refused to answer what you meant when you said, My heavens, Allegany has a tough road trip next week and some Alco posters have done given up on the season already by criticizing FH instead of focusing on pending matters, there is nothing else to think but you've realized it makes no sense.

Seriously, what pending matters are you talking about? What the hell do you have to focus on as a fan?

Are you telling me you spend your entire week focusing on what you'll wear, how loud you'll cheer, what time youre going to arrive, etc? Thats how you spend your entire weeks during football season?

That's maybe the saddest thing I've ever heard.

If you need $5 bucks for the ticket I will give to you so those kids have some fan support. However, I’m not paying for your gas. Get a couple Alco supporters from this board to make the trip with you and split/reduce your cost. You guys are fans. Get down there and root for your team.

If you need $5 bucks for the ticket I will give to you so those kids have some fan support. However, I’m not paying for your gas. Get a couple Alco supporters from this board to make the trip with you and split/reduce your cost. You guys are fans. Get down there and root for your team.
So why have you decided not to go to the FH game this weekend? You obviously dont have enough time to prepare after all the posting on here.
How many state titles do they have to win before you stop posting here and start supporting them? 5 in the last 6 years isnt enough for you?

So why have you decided not to go to the FH game this weekend? You obviously dont have enough time to prepare after all the posting on here.
How many state titles do they have to win before you stop posting here and start supporting them? 5 in the last 6 years isnt enough for you?

You are obviously slow. I said am going to the FH game. I said I would be at Lackey to root on Alco if FH was not playing Friday. Do you need money for a ticket for the Alco game to support the program? Do I need to add pictures a color diagrams to get you to understand.

Based on you answers You are not a supporter or real fan of Alco, but more just a FH hater. It’s okay, just admit it; that would be more respectful.

You are obviously slow. I said am going to the FH game. I said I would be at Lackey to root on Alco if FH was not playing Friday. Do you need money for a ticket for the Alco game to support the program? Do I need to add pictures a color diagrams to get you to understand.

Based on you answers You are not a supporter or real fan of Alco, but more just a FH hater. It’s okay, just admit it; that would be more respectful.
At least you finally admit that what you said was full of shit.
I cant understand why you would choose to post here instead of supporting FH this weekend. You realize now that you are so focused on the Allegany crowd that you've already given up being able to support FH.

Is Frostburg too far away? Do you have sickle cell and cant handle the altitude? I'm sure if you check around, theres a FH fan with an oxygen tank that can help with that.

I cant understand why you would choose to post here instead of supporting FH this weekend. You realize now that you are so focused on the Allegany crowd that you've already given up being able to support FH.

Is Frostburg too far away? Do you have sickle cell and cant handle the altitude? I'm sure if you check around, theres a FH fan with an oxygen tank that can help with that.

When did I say I was not going to the FH game. I have stated more than three times that I will be at the FH game. If FH did not play on Friday I would go to Lackey to root for Alco. If you are an Alco fan you have no excuse not to go support them.

I guess my FH education helped my and reading compressed compared to your Alco education. I apologizing for calling you slow. Now get down there and support Alco. I will be at the FH game like I said over and over.

Last edited:
When did I say I was not going to the FH game. I have stated more than three times that I will be at the FH game. If FH did not play on Friday I would go to Lackey to root for Alco. If you are an Alco fan you have no excuse not to go support them.

I guess my FH education helped my and reading compressed compared to your Alco education. I apologizing for calling you slow. Now get down there and support Alco. I will be at the FH game like I said over and over.

I've showed you multiple times where you said people who post here cant be focused on going to the game. In fact, you've assumed I'm not going to the game because I'm posting here. Its your own logic you are now saying is bullshit.

I'm not sure why this is such a struggle for you. Of course, Little Egypt didnt get its name for all the geniuses it produces.

If you have trouble finding oxygen to help with your sickle cell, I did you a favor and copied this link:

Amazon product ASIN B07KWJM7DG
If you order within the next day you'll get it by Thursday.

I've showed you multiple times where you said people who post here cant be focused on going to the game. In fact, you've assumed I'm not going to the game because I'm posting here. Its your own logic you are now saying is bullshit.

I'm not sure why this is such a struggle for you. Of course, Little Egypt didnt get its name for all the geniuses it produces.

If you have trouble finding oxygen to help with your sickle cell, I did you a favor and copied this link:

If you order within the next day you'll get it by Thursday.

You are hopeless dude. You are more focused on criticizing FH than supporting Alco. That is seen through your years of your posts. There are more FH supporters of Alco than Alco supporters of Alco. That was my premise but have your words. My point is proven, no need to respond after this to a perennial hater. Good luck with your FH hate this year. Go Alco.

Last edited:
You are hopeless dude. You are more focused on criticizing FH than supporting Alco. That is seen through your years of your posts. There are more FH supporters of Alco than Alco supporters of Alco. That was my premise but have your words. My point is proven, no need to respond after this to a perennial hater. Good luck with your FH hate this year. Go Alco.

What are you guys going to do when FH and Alco consolidate because you know it's coming.

You are hopeless dude. You are more focused on criticizing FH than supporting Alco.
And?
You may be the biggest SJW on here, so I'm gonna take that with a grain of salt.

According to your posts, FH is perfect and never done anything wrong. You have an excuse for anything, and have legitimately posted on here on how FH has never had a game where the refs weren't against them.

There are more Alco critics of Allegany on here than there is FH critics of FH. What is there one Allegany apologist on the whole board? Barely anyone from FH on here has ever said anything critical of the team. Especially you.

And you sure seem to be much more focused on criticizing Alco fans than supporting FH, but dont let your hypocrisy hit you on the ass when you jump out of your set to defend any and all criticism of your Sistine Sentinels.

Grow up, dude.

Last edited:
That’s exactly what I’m talking about. Allegany football is in shambles and the Alco fans are concentrating all their negativity on fort hill. .
Your time would be better spent helping out the youth leagues and raising money so the kids could go to agility training and more camps.

Reactions: PowerRamRight
I guess "the pride of every Camper here" doesn't inspire much anymore. Too bad.

Idk Ram... a bunch of us from a state title team got together back in July, watched an old highlight film, partied all day on the water, Ubered to downtown Pitt to hit up 4 really good bars, found some really fun Pittsburgh girls to join us at the strip club, then after-partied back at our house until about 5am.

It was a pretty inspired effort, man. :D

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. Allegany football is in shambles and the Alco fans are concentrating all their negativity on fort hill. .
Your time would be better spent helping out the youth leagues and raising money so the kids could go to agility training and more camps.

The so called Alco fans you find here are primarily Cumberland fans of its football history. A strictly Allegany football fan would have long since abandoned the chest-thumping, bullshitting and browbeating from red-jackets who turn almost every thread into 1A puffery: dog-talking those whom they beat and bad-mouthing those who will not play them.

Idk Ram... a bunch of us from a state title team got together back in July, watched an old highlight film, partied all day on the water, Ubered to downtown Pitt to hit up 4 really good bars, found some really fun Pittsburgh girls to join us at the strip club, then after-partied back at our house until about 5am.

Sounds like it was a good time

Reactions: ConeyIsland

I'm all in on that....sounds great. But I think you missed the point being it's about community support for the team I was referring to......unless your female friends were dancing to "Hey look me over......."

found some really fun Pittsburgh girls to join us at the strip club...
.....It was a pretty inspired effort, man

All the hottest and non-disease-ridden females go with men to strip clubs. Then, as though it is the thing all real men aspire to, it must be posted on a high school football forum.

When you showed them your 1A title ring did you get a discount for the good time?

I'm all in on that....sounds great. But I think you missed the point being it's about community support for the team I was referring to......unless your female friends were dancing to "Hey look me over......."

Oh no, I understood your jab at Alco perfectly, Ram. Just giving a smart ass response to your initial wise crack, because like the FH fans' favorite, CoachBrianH said earlier, "Must be football season. Fort Hill vs. Alco"

All in good fun man, nothing personal. Y'all know I have a ton of respect for the FH program and how it operates. I'm not one of the angry Alco guys who doesn't give FH credit for everything they've accomplished.

Speaking of Lags - it's not the 60's anymore, my blue brother. But we can all appreciate your resilience. You're very important to us all.

HEY WITH ALL YOUR LOCAL CONNECTIONS, HAVE YOU LINED UP THE "MELBOURNE HANKY CREW" TO DO THE CATHEDERAL PREP GAME TO TRY AND KEEP IT RESPECTABLE? $50.00 fh DOESNT GO TO ERIE NEXT YEAR.

I noted this a few week's ago. The calls against CP at Greenway will be ridiculous, lol. After FH ducked out of the Friendship game last year there's no way FH goes to Erie next year.

Last edited:
Confirms what we've known for a long time. FH was good locally for many years, and needed to fall to 1A before finding success at the state level.

WeHave8 is correct in his analysis. Also between 2013 and 2018 FH has won 5 of 6 state 1A championships. Before Dunbar (Balt) went to 2A (in 2012) they won 6 1A championships between 2006-2012. So not only did FH have to fall to 1A, but the only other solid football program in 1A had to change classifications. As we all know Dunbar is 4-0 against FH in recent years.

WeHave8 is correct in his analysis. Also between 2013 and 2018 FH has won 5 of 6 state 1A championships. Before Dunbar (Balt) went to 2A (in 2012) they won 6 1A championships between 2006-2012. So not only did FH have to fall to 1A, but the only other solid football program in 1A had to change classifications. As we all know Dunbar is 4-0 against FH in recent years.
Let’s go down this rabbit hole lol. If Dunbar was still in 1A during the FH title run. How many do you think FH would still win?

Oh no, I understood your jab at Alco perfectly, Ram. Just giving a smart ass response to your initial wise crack, because like the FH fans' favorite, CoachBrianH said earlier, "Must be football season. Fort Hill vs. Alco"

All in good fun man, nothing personal. Y'all know I have a ton of respect for the FH program and how it operates. I'm not one of the angry Alco guys who doesn't give FH credit for everything they've accomplished.

Speaking of Lags - it's not the 60's anymore, my blue brother. But we can all appreciate your resilience. You're very important to us all.

Thanks for taking my post in the manner it was intended. You are absolutely correct about the times affecting my perspective. You see, I have probably been to as many strip-clubs as anybody posting in this forum. But they have all been on the company dime... which explains my chagrin.

When I went into the corporate world it was made up of virtually all male customers and upper male management. As the newbie in management, I was the guy who signed the corporate tab and saw everyone back to their home (via taxi) or back to their hotel. And... as you guessed it.... all the requests were to go to strip-clubs (I didn't mind the watered down drinks since I nursed mine anyway). The weirdest bar was the S&M bar in Baltimore - a must see for out-of-towners at the time. And, for added flavor, there was the corporate exec from out of town who passed out while shitting himself in a Strip-club stall (I had to cover his lower extremity in a garbage bag before a taxi would take him... and then drag his drunken ass up to his room... and did the SOB thank me the next day? Fug no).

The ladies, then of the secretarial pool, got their day once a month. I led them down to the bar/lunch establishment that had an accompanying stage (this was in the Philly area at the time). They had drinks, lunch and enjoyed the male strippers. I signed the tab, drank coffee, and led them back to the office where they snoozed on their desks for the rest of the day.

So there. that is my opinion of strip-clubs. But please remember too that the seventies, free from internet, selfie liability were quite wild. I worked during the school session but spent my summers in Boston or Florida.... Leon Russel type concerts for one and Johnny Winter type concerts for the other. Yes, I remember going there but some aspects are blurry.

To round out the history... I've been to Mardi Gras twice (stayed on Bourbon Street) and went to bars in London (where drinking was so prevalent it went virtually unnoticed... not that its changed); October Fest in Berlin (where only the women had facilities and men just went outside the tent and pissed, often on their own Mercedes); Paris, Rome and Switzerland... to name a few - so, I've been to a lot of bars in a lot of countries.

Admittedly, I married young by today's standard (college homecoming queen who happened to be the daughter of a 2 star general) - now 47 years for us. So, all my trips to Europe and signing for company tabs were in light of that fact.

Thanks for taking my post in the manner it was intended. You are absolutely correct about the times affecting my perspective. You see, I have probably been to as many strip-clubs as anybody posting in this forum. But they have all been on the company dime... which explains my chagrin.

When I went into the corporate world it was made up of virtually all male customers and upper male management. As the newbie in management, I was the guy who signed the corporate tab and saw everyone back to their home (via taxi) or back to their hotel. And... as you guessed it.... all the requests were to go to strip-clubs (I didn't mind the watered down drinks since I nursed mine anyway). The weirdest bar was the S&M bar in Baltimore - a must see for out-of-towners at the time. And, for added flavor, there was the corporate exec from out of town who passed out while shitting himself in a Strip-club stall (I had to cover his lower extremity in a garbage bag before a taxi would take him... and then drag his drunken ass up to his room... and did the SOB thank me the next day? Fug no).

The ladies, then of the secretarial pool, got their day once a month. I led them down to the bar/lunch establishment that had an accompanying stage (this was in the Philly area at the time). They had drinks, lunch and enjoyed the male strippers. I signed the tab, drank coffee, and led them back to the office where they snoozed on their desks for the rest of the day.

So there. that is my opinion of strip-clubs. But please remember too that the seventies, free from internet, selfie liability were quite wild. I worked during the school session but spent my summers in Boston or Florida.... Leon Russel type concerts for one and Johnny Winter type concerts for the other. Yes, I remember going there but some aspects are blurry.

To round out the history... I've been to Mardi Gras twice (stayed on Bourbon Street) and went to bars in London (where drinking was so prevalent it went virtually unnoticed... not that its changed); October Fest in Berlin (where only the women had facilities and men just went outside the tent and pissed, often on their own Mercedes); Paris, Rome and Switzerland... to name a few - so, I've been to a lot of bars in a lot of countries.

Admittedly, I married young by today's standard (college homecoming queen who happened to be the daughter of a 2 star general) - now 47 years for us. So, all my trips to Europe and signing for company tabs were in light of that fact.

Again, Lags... the resilience and commitment you bring to the board is top notch. There's a couple other dudes that are pretty committed, but Idk that any of them put the effort into it that you do.

And yes, Bourbon St.... that's a tough one.

Reactions: Lagmeister
It's really funny watching both Alco and FH people try to compare teams using a state title analogy. The two teams have only really been in the same class since since 2005. FH people don't want to hear how many titles Alco has won. Alco people don't want to hear the head-to-head analysis. Whatever.

FH will be at Erie next year. The simple reason is we have a new playoff system. Is that hard to comprehend? Just man up and say Good Job to FH for even scheduling such a game and move on without trying to degrade it. You won't see anyone else in 1A remotely think about putting a team like CP on the schedule. And CP is extremely legit by the way. Big time legit this season just like the last 3 seasons. Don't be a fool and kid yourself. FH is absolutely a huge underdog. Especially with FH having to replace every single defensive starter.

But honestly, what is most disappointing is to see the hate try to diminish what Alco has done winning titles being in a lower class than FH. And others try to diminish what FH has done winning titles in a lower classification. That's the class they are both in given school size. I can take many classifications and tell you it's a one or two man pony. There was no competition for Wise during their run. They outscored their 3 title opponents 135-33. Damascus outscored their 3 title opponents 100-33. There is no competition at all for Martinsburg in the highest WV class to the point following their playoffs isn't worth it. WV Class AA - the same class Alco and FH would be in - has two legit teams every year. C'mon man, stop hate from making you blind.

And how many titles did Dunbar win the last 4 years they were in 2A?

Way too much jealousy and hate here. From both sides of town.

Last edited:
I can take many classifications and tell you it's a one or two man pony. There was no competition for Wise during their run. They outscored their 3 title opponents 135-33. Damascus outscored their 3 title opponents 100-33. There is no competition at all for Martinsburg in the highest WV class to the point following their playoffs isn't worth it. WV Class AA - the same class Alco and FH would be in - has two legit teams every year. C'mon man, stop hate from making you blind.

I think this is worth rereading. 3 of the 4 classes in MPSSAA playoffs have been horrendously lopsided. Who plays where in which class is not as relevant as the fact that the top teams are that much better than the others. 4A, 3A and 1A have all been equally non-competitive - not just 1A.

You do know Dunbar has won:
1 - 3A title
1 - 2A title
8 - 1A titles

Are they a product of being in 1A?

Almost identical to FH's score card.
1 - 3A,
1 - 2A
5 - 1A

Ironically, both 2A titles for each team has come at the expense of the other. Interesting trivia.

Reactions: RedPride97
Sugar Ray Leonard never beat Larry Holmes. Were all of Leonard's title belts a product of being a lightweight? Some people are clueless.

Let’s go down this rabbit hole lol. If Dunbar was still in 1A during the FH title run. How many do you think FH would still win?

FH may have won one, because as you saw last year, upsets can happen. 1A is weak as a classification. FH doesn't outscheme teams, they are overpowering smaller lines and teams in 1A. Dunbar is the only 1A school that can consistently match them up front. And when Dunbar went to 2A they didn't win any titles, or really progress in the playoffs, that's why it's funny to me when FH fans think they can play with those top 4A, 3A, 2A schools. As long as FH runs that same 99% run offense they aren't going to beat a team with equal size up front. When they are forced to pass there's no answer.

FH may have won one, because as you saw last year, upsets can happen. 1A is weak as a classification. FH doesn't outscheme teams, they are overpowering smaller lines and teams in 1A. Dunbar is the only 1A school that can consistently match them up front. And when Dunbar went to 2A they didn't win any titles, or really progress in the playoffs, that's why it's funny to me when FH fans think they can play with those top 4A, 3A, 2A schools. As long as FH runs that same 99% run offense they aren't going to beat a team with equal size up front. When they are forced to pass there's no answer.

I agreed with you pretty much in that regards with a few things. But you have to at least see that this is the case for more than just Maryland 1A. Many classifications in multiple states have turned into one big heavy hitter that just over powers its opponents. Those Wise title games were jokes. I think it has to do with where football participation numbers and interest have moved. The bigger better schools with a solid foundation for winning are dominating. West Virginia AAA has become a massive hole.

I think this is worth rereading. 3 of the 4 classes in MPSSAA playoffs have been horrendously lopsided. Who plays where in which class is not as relevant as the fact that the top teams are that much better than the others. 4A, 3A and 1A have all been equally non-competitive - not just 1A.

Out of the 4 classes 1A is the only classification that has been horrendously lopsided. Going back to 2006, Only 3 schools have been champions in 1A, and either Dunbar or FH have been champion in 12 out of the 13 years. The other classifications have been much more competitive. 4A and 3A have had 7 different champions, 2A has had 10 different champions.

I dont think FH is out scheming anybody offensively, but I do think they usually do a pretty good job of it on the defensive side.

It's really funny watching both Alco and FH people try to compare teams using a state title analogy. The two teams have only really been in the same class since since 2005. FH people don't want to hear how many titles Alco has won. Alco people don't want to hear the head-to-head analysis. Whatever.

FH will be at Erie next year. The simple reason is we have a new playoff system. Is that hard to comprehend? Just man up and say Good Job to FH for even scheduling such a game and move on without trying to degrade it. You won't see anyone else in 1A remotely think about putting a team like CP on the schedule. And CP is extremely legit by the way. Big time legit this season just like the last 3 seasons. Don't be a fool and kid yourself. FH is absolutely a huge underdog. Especially with FH having to replace every single defensive starter.

But honestly, what is most disappointing is to see the hate try to diminish what Alco has done winning titles being in a lower class than FH. And others try to diminish what FH has done winning titles in a lower classification. That's the class they are both in given school size. I can take many classifications and tell you it's a one or two man pony. There was no competition for Wise during their run. They outscored their 3 title opponents 135-33. Damascus outscored their 3 title opponents 100-33. There is no competition at all for Martinsburg in the highest WV class to the point following their playoffs isn't worth it. WV Class AA - the same class Alco and FH would be in - has two legit teams every year. C'mon man, stop hate from making you blind.

And how many titles did Dunbar win the last 4 years they were in 2A?

If what passes here is hate, it is an abysmal poverty of hate. I think it's just banter and circuitous banter at that: pretty much same stuff over and over. And... as far as jealousy is concerned there would have to be some through each person's personal experience at school; but from school to school I don't see it.

And when Dunbar went to 2A they didn't win any titles, or really progress in the playoffs, that's why it's funny to me when FH fans think they can play with those top 4A, 3A, 2A schools.

I dont think THAT many FH fans are saying this, not on here. I think FH fans have indicated they would like to add a team or two of that caliber onto the schedule for a strong challenge, but I don't recall anyone seriously affirming that FH would likely defeat Wise, QO, Linganore, etc...in any given year.

But I do agree that smaller schools, especially schools that consistently have good programs like FH and Dunbar, are going to flourish in smaller classes. That's kind of a no brainer, What exactly are we debating here?

Last edited:
Sugar Ray Leonard never beat Larry Holmes. Were all of Leonard's title belts a product of being a lightweight? Some people are clueless.

Were all of Leonard's title belts a product of being a lightweight?

No, because Leonard fought in numerous classifications in both WBC and WBA... all the way up to light heavyweight in WBC... maybe 5 different in all.

If what passes here is hate, it is an abysmal poverty of hate. I think it's just banter and circuitous banter at that: pretty much same stuff over and over. And... as far as jealousy is concerned there would have to be some through each person's personal experience at school; but from school to school I don't see it.

I agree, most of the people who use the term "hate" or "hater" are people who can't debate on facts. It's usually used out of frustration, that's why it doesn't bother me. Basically it means they lost the argument and don't have anything left, lol

Douglass was a very good football team. They beat Dunbar by 2 td and Lackey 9-7. Also 2 1 point losses to Suitland(4a playoff team) and another school that I believe was a 4a decent PG team. That was a quality football team by any standard in this state. We were lucky to win that game. If they get that 4th and 1 who knows. If you remember we beat the snot out of the 6 previous teams we played. That game was 13-8 late.

Reactions: RedPride97
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT