ADVERTISEMENT

Putting it into Perspective

WeHave8

All State Poster
Sep 26, 2001
Interesting facts from the FH website. Spin it anyway you like.

FH 11 years in class 3A: 6-5 in play-offs includes 1-1 in title games

FH 20 years in class 2A: 13-12 in play-offs includes 1-3 in title games

FH 14 years in class 1A: 36-9 in play-offs includes 5-3 in title games

Md. play-offs 1974-2018 45 years.

Let the discussion begin.

A few coaches during those years only ran up the middle. Occasionally they ran off tackle but not very often. Lol

When did the MPSSAA go from four teams per region qualifying for the playoffs to eight teams?

FH and CSD are tied with most playoff appearances, and FH and Urbana are tied with most consecutive state championship appearances.

What does the information say? It says that FH has consistently been one of the best public high school football programs in the state of MD for the last 45 years, regardless of classification.

Reactions: RedPride97

Confirms what we've known for a long time. FH was good locally for many years, and needed to fall to 1A before finding success at the state level.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
6-5 in 3A in the playoffs with a title and a runner up in big boy ball. That’s the greatest accomplishment in the city.

6-5 in 3A in the playoffs with a title and a runner up in big boy ball. That’s the greatest accomplishment in the city.

If you put it that way, that makes FH 6-6 in little boy ball, which is more current. Methinks you are once again trying to puff-up the ole 3A canard.

Confirms what we've known for a long time. FH was good locally for many years, and needed to fall to 1A before finding success at the state level.

In 3A and 2A FH was win some.... lose some in the playoffs. For the title games in 3A and 2A they were 2-4. Hey.... FH has been a good football school, but their real success has been in 1A.

No really, I believe the refosco Gilmore years were some of the best football played in this area ever. The 3A card is more than just a card though Lag. The McDOnoughs( coach Larry Johnson currently at Ohio St) the Magruders (former Maryland Coach Roy Lester) the Fredericks (former Penn St star Bob Campbell) and of course Dave Carruthers at Linganore who led Urbana to 5 straight titles were powerhouse coaches that had powerhouse programs that got in the way of FH winning another title or 2. Games were close.

No really, I believe the refosco Gilmore years were some of the best football played in this area ever. The 3A card is more than just a card though Lag. The McDOnoughs( coach Larry Johnson currently at Ohio St) the Magruders (former Maryland Coach Roy Lester) the Fredericks (former Penn St star Bob Campbell) and of course Dave Carruthers at Linganore who led Urbana to 5 straight titles were powerhouse coaches that had powerhouse programs that got in the way of FH winning another title or 2. Games were close.

Sure, if you were playing in a lesser classification with the school size you had, you probably would have won more championships. But that is why they have classifications. When FH was of the Magruders, Linganore and Urbana size you accomplished what you accomplished.

When someone puts down your next championship in 1A try telling them you agree that 1A ain't worth shit.... that only 3A is the greatest accomplishment.

Hey, your first post since FH last lost a game years ago. Welcome back. :eek:

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Hey, your first post since FH last lost a game years ago. Welcome back. :eek:
HEY WITH ALL YOUR LOCAL CONNECTIONS, HAVE YOU LINED UP THE "MELBOURNE HANKY CREW" TO DO THE CATHEDERAL PREP GAME TO TRY AND KEEP IT RESPECTABLE? $50.00 fh DOESNT GO TO ERIE NEXT YEAR.

FH is a small school. We were a big school in the 80’s. FHs small school titles are as legit as 1975 title in 3A. Like you said that’s why they have classifications
Now that you've won some small ones you think they count. Funny how many people thought they didnt count when only Allegany had them.

Last edited:
Putting things into perspective. WeHave8ManFootball

ALCO 2019 ROSTER
3 Dorian Terrell WR, DB Sr. 6-1 185
5 JD Shambaugh RB, MLB Sr. 5-7 165
7 Caden Weaver WR, DB Sr. 5-8 150
10 Grant Cain QB, DB Jr. 6-3 170
11 Anthony Joseph TE, DE Jr. 5-11 195
22 Christian Welch RB, OLB Sr. 6-0 200
25 Trevor Milburn RB, CB So. 5-9 150
34 Trevan Powell RB, FS Jr. 5-9 195
42 Jacob Warner WR, DB Jr. 5-8 160
44 Dillon Hogamier RB, LB Jr. 5-9 205
45 Matt Fuzie FB, MLB Jr. 5-9 175
50 Ryan O'neal G, OLB Jr. 5-10
54 Dylan Clark C, DL Sr. 5-6 170
55 Tyler Dunmeyer G, DL Sr. 5-11 155
64 Blake Mccloskey C, DL Jr. 5-7 170
70 Cameron Saville T, DT, G Jr. 5-11 210
72 Ryen Baker DT, T Jr. 6-3 330
73 Joseph Court T, DL Jr. 6-3 225
77 Caleb Diehl T, DT Jr. 6-2 245
78 Robbie Suesse T, DT Sr. 5-8 225
82 Zach Tenney TE, DB Jr. 6-0 180

HEY WITH ALL YOUR LOCAL CONNECTIONS, HAVE YOU LINED UP THE "MELBOURNE HANKY CREW" TO DO THE CATHEDERAL PREP GAME TO TRY AND KEEP IT RESPECTABLE? $50.00 fh DOESNT GO TO ERIE NEXT YEAR.

Well I did give the local refs all the lemonade they could drink at the Quad scrimmage. FH will absolutely need all the help they can get with Cathedral Prep. Don't tell anyone about this :)

I have seen their video, Yikes!!! CP is every bit as good as advertised. Very well coached. Great athletes and very well disciplined. I doubt you will see flags all over the field like we saw with the Florida team. Win or lose I still think it's a great thing for Cumberland and the kids. FH will be there in 2020. The new playoff scenario isn't the best option but it's far better than what we had. Teams no longer hand tied by playing top tier opponents.

Difference between 3A and 2A back then-is the same as the Big 10 and the Sunbelt.
Considering how many times the best 2A school (Allegany) was beating what you say was one of the best 3A teams (FH), it sounds like it must have been a really big difference.

Either FH wasnt as good as you thought, or the difference was much smaller than you think. Probably both.

My heavens, Allegany has a tough road trip next week and some Alco posters have done given up on the season already by criticizing FH instead of focusing on pending matters. Hop into your vehicles and get down to Lackey and support your Campers. Put your focus there. They will need your community support against a decent Week 1 opponent. I hope more than 25 people show up. I would go despite being a FH guy if FH was not on the field Friday night.

My heavens, Allegany has a tough road trip next week and some Alco posters have done given up on the season already by criticizing FH instead of focusing on pending matters. Hop into your vehicles and get down to Lackey and support your Campers. Put your focus there. They will need your community support against a decent Week 1 opponent. I hope more than 25 people show up. I would go despite being a FH guy if FH was not on the field Friday night.
Let’s hope allegany has more fans in the stands then they do players on the field...

Spin this anyway u like...

Since Jim Chaney was removed as the FH head coach in 1984 FH is 34-11 vs Alco. That is a .75555 win %.

FH all time record vs BW is 23-8 which is .7419 win %. And is 10-3 .769 win % since 1984.

This means that since Jim Chaney left FH in 1983 BW will go down in history as arguably Fort Hill football’s toughest city opponent.

Fh’s Longest winning streak over BW was 10. The current win streak against Alco is 13.

Last edited:
Yeah, because Alco fans are the ones playing this weekend? Dont you think you should stop worrying about Alco fans showing up, and put your energy into supporting FH this weekend?

Since Jim Chaney was removed as the FH head coach in 1984 FH is 34-11 vs Alco. That is a .75555 win %.

FH all time record vs BW is 23-8 which is .7419 win %. And is 10-3 .769 win % since 1984.

This means that since Jim Chaney left FH in 1983 BW will go down in history as arguably Fort Hill football’s toughest city opponent.

Fh’s Longest winning streak over BW was 10. The current win streak against Alco is 13.
It's true FH struggled with BW. I never understood why it was so hard to beat them. Allegany, who is obviously much worse, never struggled.

$50 Dollars says you crawl back under a rock until homecoming.

Yeah, because Alco fans are the ones playing this weekend? Dont you think you should stop worrying about Alco fans showing up, and put your energy into supporting FH this weekend?

I will be watching FH live this week. I would be going to give local support to Alco if FH was not on the schedule. Will you be going down to watch Allegany? Gas prices are not too bad. Even better in Hagerstown if you fill up there.

I will be watching FH live this week. I would be going to give local support to Alco if FH was not on the schedule. Will you be going down to watch Allegany? Gas prices are not too bad. Even better in Hagerstown if you fill up there.
What does that have to do with commenting on here like you mentioned earlier?

Putting things into perspective. WeHave8ManFootball

ALCO 2019 ROSTER
3 Dorian Terrell WR, DB Sr. 6-1 185
5 JD Shambaugh RB, MLB Sr. 5-7 165
7 Caden Weaver WR, DB Sr. 5-8 150
10 Grant Cain QB, DB Jr. 6-3 170
11 Anthony Joseph TE, DE Jr. 5-11 195
22 Christian Welch RB, OLB Sr. 6-0 200
25 Trevor Milburn RB, CB So. 5-9 150
34 Trevan Powell RB, FS Jr. 5-9 195
42 Jacob Warner WR, DB Jr. 5-8 160
44 Dillon Hogamier RB, LB Jr. 5-9 205
45 Matt Fuzie FB, MLB Jr. 5-9 175
50 Ryan O'neal G, OLB Jr. 5-10
54 Dylan Clark C, DL Sr. 5-6 170
55 Tyler Dunmeyer G, DL Sr. 5-11 155
64 Blake Mccloskey C, DL Jr. 5-7 170
70 Cameron Saville T, DT, G Jr. 5-11 210
72 Ryen Baker DT, T Jr. 6-3 330
73 Joseph Court T, DL Jr. 6-3 225
77 Caleb Diehl T, DT Jr. 6-2 245
78 Robbie Suesse T, DT Sr. 5-8 225
82 Zach Tenney TE, DB Jr. 6-0 180
Not comparing the difference in the state of the programs, but didn't Allegany win the title in 1991 with like 22 players on varsity?

As I stated, I am going to the FH game and supporting them. It appears that making dismissive comments like above and then dodging the question in another comment about whether you are going to Alco’s game to give them support demonstrates that as a FH guy, I am a better supporter of Alco. I would be going to the Alco game down at Lackey if FH was idle next Friday.

The fans don’t play but it makes it exciting playing in front of people instead of the atmosphere looking and sounding like a funeral.

Why are you not going to support Alco in a tough early test on the road when some FH supporters would? Don’t say money? Gas is not really expensive at the moment. Get one other person or 2-3 others to spilt gas and the costs go down.

As I stated, I am going to the FH game and supporting them. It appears that making dismissive comments like above and then dodging the question in another comment about whether you are going to Alco’s game to give them support demonstrates that as a FH guy, I am a better supporter of Alco. I would be going to the Alco game down at Lackey if FH was idle next Friday.

The fans don’t play but it makes it exciting playing in front of people instead of the atmosphere looking and sounding like a funeral.

Why are you not going to support Alco in a tough early test on the road when some FH supporters would? Don’t say money? Gas is not really expensive at the moment. Get one other person or 2-3 others to spilt gas and the costs go down.
As I asked earlier, how does posting on here stop someone from supporting Allegany this weekend?
Dont deflect gas and money.... you said that people posting on here should be focusing on supporting Allegany this weekend. How much preparation do you need to cheer for FH this week? You cant be too focused on it if you keep posting here, right?

What does that have to do with commenting on here like you mentioned earlier?

Are you going down to support your Alma Mater
As I asked earlier, how does posting on here stop someone from supporting Allegany this weekend?
Dont deflect gas and money.... you said that people posting on here should be focusing on supporting Allegany this weekend. How much preparation do you need to cheer for FH this week? You cant be too focused on it if you keep posting here, right?

You are not making sense and trying to flip the script. My point is you focus on criticizing FH without even supporting your Alma Mater. At this point I am concluding now that you don’t even attend and support Alco at any games but you are quick to criticize FH at every point and every topic. I have probably been to more Alco games than most Alco posters on this board in the past several years. I was watching the Northern at Alco game with a former Alco assistant and we discussed how pitiful the support for the program is.

Get to their games fans. A supporting fan base hypes up the atmosphere, gives the kids a better experience instead of crickets.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT