ADVERTISEMENT

Official Allegany/Boonsboro Thread

Seasoned Lettuce

All State Poster
Jul 28, 2015
The big question is whether Allegany will duplicate what it did last year, which was play Fort Hill lights out at Homecoming and then go on the road in first round of the playoffs and lose to an inferior team. Then again, maybe the big question really is whether Boonsboro is indeed inferior to Alco.

Boonsboro is undefeated, and while not playing the toughest of schedules has posted some impressive wins, some shutouts. If anything, however, Boonsboro having to take Northern to overtime at home to beat them indicates that they aren't ready for prime time.

Allegany showed what it can do against Fort Hill with an impressive albeit losing performance at Homecoming. But, if there is a knock on Allegany in recent years, it's that they consistently find a way to underperform and hand over games with mistakes, penalties, and miscues.

I'm having a tough time with this one. Part of me sees Allegany/North Carroll part 2 and part of me sees the Campers getting the job done and wanting desperately to get a chance to rain on Fort Hill's parade.

Somewhat reluctantly, I'm going to go with Allegany 27-20.

You think Boonsboro is going to score 20 points against Allegany?????Lol. If they do you will be right, but I doubt it.

This Alco team is better than last. Haven't seen Boonsboro so really can only judge based on common opponent. I to get the feeling of a let down but I rlly can't envision it. 27-13 Alco

Boonsboro isn't North Carroll either! The Campers better prepare for the Warriors. The Campers should win, but will they? Time will tell...

I don't have a dog in any of the teams playing so having said that...I just like to watch good football. The reason FH couldn't establish the fullback or their running game is two-fold. First, big ole number 72 ate up FH's center, therefore they took Smith out of the game and secondly Alco had 8 sometimes 9 players in the box and FH never made any adjustments. Boonsboro also relies heavily on their fullback and I see the same outcome as yesterday relative to the FB's impact.

If that scenario plays out, you can bet that the Boonsboro coaches will make the necessary adjustments "real time" to try to loosen up the defense. Boonsboro will take what the defense gives them. They will look to get the ball to their playmakers in "open" space, whether it's a pass in the flat, which was open all day yesterday for FH and Boonsboro has a nice TE/SE who can help them move the chains.

I see Alco winning the line of scrimmage battle but Boonsboro has good team speed and they are sound on special teams. They do have a tendency to put the ball on the ground.

I'm hoping to watch another good game next Friday. I'm tired of watching blow-outs so depending on which Alco team shows up... I'm going to say 24 to 13 Alco. It should be a good game for fans.

I see the let down...corn goes for 2 with time running out.....21-20 boonsboro......21-20 X 3

I see the let down...corn goes for 2 with time running out.....21-20 boonsboro......21-20 X 3
I know most of you don't give Boonsboro a chance, history has proven you correct, but if Boonsboro is to win they should throw the ball to establish the run game plus this will expedite trying to exhaust those big ole lineman of Alco. I also should mention that Boonsboro has to put a helmet on #30 of Alco, if he runs free Boonsboro will be in big trouble.
I don't know #30, but what I've seen over the past couple of years he's is hands down the best linebacker I've seen. He's not big, but is a very good tackler and has instincts that you can't teach. I will look forward to watching him next week.

I know most of you don't give Boonsboro a chance, history has proven you correct, but if Boonsboro is to win they should throw the ball to establish the run game plus this will expedite trying to exhaust those big ole lineman of Alco. I also should mention that Boonsboro has to put a helmet on #30 of Alco, if he runs free Boonsboro will be in big trouble.
I don't know #30, but what I've seen over the past couple of years he's is hands down the best linebacker I've seen. He's not big, but is a very good tackler and has instincts that you can't teach. I will look forward to watching him next week.

Granted, he is the Alco defender that didn't turn around and caused the pass interference, but Llewellyn - having been brought up from JV - makes the Alco secondary as good as any 1A. Boonsboro can try and pass all they want. Remember, that is what killed Northern when they couldn't run.

From the roster I saw on maxpreps, if you can go by that, Boonsboro seems to be very small. The Allegany team that showed up against FH should win.

I am sure that most Boonsboro faithful who watched the homecoming vid had a jaw-dropping experience. Not that they would admit to it. If anything, the myths of the Campers being slow of foot was dispelled.

Everybody, who isn't brain dead, knows that FH is an elite football team. They will drop 40 points on anybody in a given day (maybe Alco next time around). But no 1A school should watch homecoming and not wonder how they could beat either Cumberland school.

If memory serves me correctly... which is not often, I think Boonsboro's offensive lineman are all 6'1" to 6'3''. The tackles are 260 and 275, the guards I think are 215 and 228 (could be wrong with one of them) and the center is 215. That's a good size line for 1A. I believe all but one are underclassmen. The center and guard are going to have to bring their A game to match up with with 82 and 72 of Alco.

I wont underestimate Boonsboro and I hope the Campers dont. I think its gonna be a pretty good playoff game. I guarantee the team wearing blue will win...

was hoping Alco and Boonsboro would play Saturday to make the trip but both games are Friday night

If Alco's defense can get in the backfield like they did on homecoming and hold on to the football. I see them winning without to much of a struggle.

Word is that Boonsboro students and or players are taking Preskorn's "we now know that we can play with them" quote about a rematch with FH as overlooking them. Has Boonsboro ever beaten Alco or FH in the playoffs?

Like TEFB, I don't have a dog in the fight but Boonsboro went into OT to beat NHS. Score of Alco/NHS game was 10-0 in the fourth until back to back pick sixes. Sounds like it may be a great match up however going to go with the home team, Boonsboro 20-14.

There's more determination around this year's Allegany team than last year's, from what I've been told by Cumberland coworkers. I expect Allegany to show up ready to play. Yes, they dream of a rematch with Big Red, but I don't believe they're looking ahead. They could have folded up the tents after the dismantling by Keyser, but they didn't. They've improved leaps and bounds and appear to be the only team capable of challenging Fort Hill right now. I expect Allegany to win by two touchdowns.

There's more determination around this year's Allegany team than last year's, from what I've been told by Cumberland coworkers. I expect Allegany to show up ready to play. Yes, they dream of a rematch with Big Red, but I don't believe they're looking ahead. They could have folded up the tents after the dismantling by Keyser, but they didn't. They've improved leaps and bounds and appear to be the only team capable of challenging Fort Hill right now. I expect Allegany to win by two touchdowns.

Alco slammed the door on Northern at their home field while Boonsboro gave up 14 points to Brunswick at home. The Max Preps vids aren't showing me anything spectacular about Boonsboro. Allegany, with their staunch line, should eat them up.

Hey look who's back. I can see you have moved from talking football to insulting others. Smart boy.

As I've said many times before, at some point Alco has to win one someday. At that point it's posters like WeHave8 that come out of the closet again.

FHHas8. And you know what I mean. Lol.

Reactions: FHHS#1
Hey look who's back. I can see you have moved from talking football to insulting others. Smart boy.

As I've said many times before, at some point Alco has to win one someday. At that point it's posters like WeHave8 that come out of the closet again.

FHHas8. And you know what I mean. Lol.
I'm back to see if it is true that you are still the Alumni President of the FH Football Buddies Club.

I'm back to see if it is true that you are still the Alumni President of the FH Football Buddies Club.

Don't feel like talking football little boy? I wouldn't either after having my ass smacked for the 8th Homecoming in a row. SMACK! Thank you sir may I have another!

Last edited:
I see Boonsboro winning a tough game 14-13, Alco goes for 2 and loses. If Alco was at the stadium, I'd say they win by 2 scores. The road has not been kind to the Campers recently in the playoffs

Reactions: real world
Don't get too excited Camper, everyone has an opinion and the game will be won or lost on the field. In being objective, Boonsboro is ranked higher than alco on Maxpreps and they are the underdog according to Calpreps, there are those who take these sites as gospel. In looking at Boonsboro, they are very similar to Alco. The only differences are that they are not quite as big but may be more disciplined. Coming from the 2A, they have a chip on their shoulder, and they look like they play that way. (I've only watched their vids.) This might be a test for Alco, and let's face it, it's been a few years since Alco has won a playoff game. I'm rooting for Alco as I want to see the rematch next week.

Reactions: real world
A motivated and confident Boonsboro falls to a determined Alco who remembers last year's collapse. 22 - 20.

Why every time Alco faces a decent opponent 90% of FH people on here have them losing? lol... Everytime!!!

Well you have to admit the only good team Alco played was Keyser and we all know how that turned out. Northern ok maybe descent at best. But truth be told Alco has beaten nobody. But I would say the same about Boonsboro. I will go with Alco in a defensive contest 21-14. Alco has better players.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT