ADVERTISEMENT

Need a little help on this one

bleedred

Franchise Poster
Oct 16, 2001
I was up at FSU today and I'm almost certain that I saw Todd Appel walking toward the Football stadium. Being old, I can't trust my eyes but did anyone else see anything? It was around noon.

Yes I saw it! He was peeking in windows of all the football dorms. Then I saw him dart across the football field wearing a red beanie and red pointy boots. Could it be?! Could he be one of Santa’s elves?

The school AD moved them up to D11, the coach was able to get some wins and win a conference title but that conference just is not really that good. There's more mountain to climb for FSU. And yes, I will be in the home stands at FSU when I can.

I know that there are plenty of Appel haters but give credit where credit is due. Appel developed kids, he developed young Coaches, and no one out worked him. Being a FSU Grad also helps. He would be good for the University, the community, and the kids who would play for him.

The school AD moved them up to D11, the coach was able to get some wins and win a conference title but that conference just is not really that good. There's more mountain to climb for FSU. And yes, I will be in the home stands at FSU when I can.

I know that there are plenty of Appel haters but give credit where credit is due. Appel developed kids, he developed young Coaches, and no one out worked him. Being a FSU Grad also helps. He would be good for the University, the community, and the kids who would play for him.
I will not dispute anything you said, Red.

However, there is quite a difference between the demands of coaching high school football vs. college football (or coaching any high school sport vs. a college sport for that matter).

Could he do it? Absolutely, but the learning curve for any 50 year old coach who has only coached high school and transitions to coaching at the collegiate level is going to be rather steep.

The NCAA rules and regulations alone will keep one up at night. Then, figure in the constant recruiting, a much more complex offense, dealing with student-athletes who are consistently on the eligibility bubble, graduate assistants, transfers, institutional governance, etc. would be rather eye opening for even the most successful high school coach who transitions to coach at the college level.

Last edited:
Reactions: cumbfanatic
I see what you're saying but how old was Fidler when he went from Morefield High School to Glenville State? Todd has the potential; the question is does he want to take on the job and is FSU smart enough to get him.

I was up at FSU today and I'm almost certain that I saw Todd Appel walking toward the Football stadium. Being old, I can't trust my eyes but did anyone else see anything? It was around noon.
look what happen when U OF MD hired the DUNBAR coach!? APPEL WOULD B A GOOD FIT ! !

Former Potomac State, and Berkeley Springs coach Angelo Luvara was named interim coach... Luvara has been on the FSU staff since 2013.

I heard that he promised to go back to the *old style* football. They are removing the facemasks on all the helmets this weekend! LOL

BTW I hope everyone has a happy new year, sorry I missed out on wishing everyone a merry Christmas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT