ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain Ridge vs. Frankfort - Predictions

camper21502

Blue Chip Poster
Sep 21, 2012
Frankfort 5-0 vs. MR 2-2
It took everything the Falcons had to put away Northern last week by a score of 14-6.. The Miners are on a 2 game winning streak after destroying Hampshire last week 62-13.. I think Frankfort will suffer their 1st loss of the season tonight.

MR 35 Frankfort 14

Frankfort 5-0 vs. MR 2-2
It took everything the Falcons had to put away Northern last week by a score of 14-6.. The Miners are on a 2 game winning streak after destroying Hampshire last week 62-13.. I think Frankfort will suffer their 1st loss of the season tonight.

MR 35 Frankfort 14

Agreed. Frankfort will lose.

MR 48
Frankfort 7

Ridge 49 - 13 lol I don't like predicting a score so close to everyone else, but I think Ridge will win big way too much of the big man at MR. sorry I don't know his name, I know he has an Hawaiin name something like Poloafu and he will dominate.

Reactions: camper21502
Frankfort hasn't played anyone yet, I don't see them pulling this out. If they can throw the ball they might put up some points but MR pulls away for a win. I'll say Ridge 37-18

Ridge 49 - 13 lol I don't like predicting a score so close to everyone else, but I think Ridge will win big way too much of the big man at MR. sorry I don't know his name, I know he has an Hawaiin name something like Poloafu and he will dominate.
The big back is Sefa Pua'auli. He is the nephew of Ridge's assistant coach Sefa Pua'auli ( they have the same name).

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Good win for Mtn Ridge. Should be 4-1 on the season. Will never understand this need to throw the ball when you cant be stopped running it. It cost them the opening game and almost cost them this one.

Reactions: CrickRat23
Good win for Mtn Ridge. Should be 4-1 on the season. Will never understand this need to throw the ball when you cant be stopped running it. It cost them the opening game and almost cost them this one.
I agree. If you are pounding the ball and they can't stop you, why throw the ball. I hope the first game doesn't come back to haunt them.

I agree. If you are pounding the ball and they can't stop you, why throw the ball. I hope the first game doesn't come back to haunt them.
The only way it doesn't is of they win out minus the Fort Hill game. There is a possibility they get in at 6-4 but it is also possible the miss at 7-3.

Reactions: CrickRat23
Passing game is a weapon. Coach Patterson gets it. If you want to win state championships, you better be able to throw the ball when you need to.

Passing game is a weapon. Coach Patterson gets it. If you want to win state championships, you better be able to throw the ball when you need to.
I get that. And you are 100% right in that statement. But when you are up 21-0 early in the 2nd half and they can't stop you running the ball you need to run the ball to extend the lead. You would have plenty of time to throw the ball up big later in the game. They were up 19-7 in the season opener against John Marshall. Driving to take an even bigger lead when they threw the ball and threw a pick 6. That turned the momentum in that game and Mtn Ridge never recovered. You were up 21-0 and turned it over and let them back in the game. I have a ton of respect for Coach Patterson. But I don't agree with those decisions.

Frankfort incorrectly had a pass interference call not called correctly. Basically a 15 yard PI call half the distance to the goal, and since the distance was less than 15 yards it stayed 4th down.

This should have been a first down since the yardage NEEDED for a first down was less than 15. It was enforced incorrectly and thus Frankfort lost a chance do four tries at the end zone inside the 10. Tough break.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Frankfort incorrectly had a pass interference call not called correctly. Basically a 15 yard PI call half the distance to the goal, and since the distance was less than 15 yards it stayed 4th down.

This should have been a first down since the yardage NEEDED for a first down was less than 15. It was enforced incorrectly and thus Frankfort lost a chance do four tries at the end zone inside the 10. Tough break.
Are you sure about that? Seriously? I know PI isn't automatic first down (just the 15 yard penalty), but can find no stipulation that a first down must be given if there is less than 15 yards to go for a first down. An offside on 3rd and 3 from the opposing five wouldn't result in a first down just because there was less than 5 yards to go would it?

Only 4 instances where an automatic 1st down is awarded in HS Football...

1. Roughing the passer
2. Roughing the kicker
3. Roughing the holder
4. Roughing the snapper

PI is not automatic even in the endzone, Happened in the South Hagerstown vs. Liberty game this past Friday. Third and 10 from the 11 PI in the endzone, half the distance replay 3rd down.

Reactions: Redwhite90
Only 4 instances where an automatic 1st down is awarded in HS Football...

1. Roughing the passer
2. Roughing the kicker
3. Roughing the holder
4. Roughing the snapper

PI is not automatic even in the endzone, Happened in the South Hagerstown vs. Liberty game this past Friday. Third and 10 from the 11 PI in the endzone, half the distance replay 3rd down.
That's what I thought. Just because it was half the distance to the goal with the penalty shouldn't have changed anything with it being a first down.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT