ADVERTISEMENT

LMAO. FH drops Cathederal Prep.

Ask Helmick about him asking Flowers for a game when they were even advertising it on the open dates board. Or reach out to him on social media and it will end this debate. I read it here as did you.

If you doNT belive it's true look at the current open dates board. See Crossland, Dundalk and CM Wright on there with the same open dates. 2A and 3A schools. They were all asked trust me.

I have talked to Flowers people in person and on social media and they said they never heard from FH. I'm not disputing FH contacted Crossland or those other schools. I don't know anything about that. The Flowers story doesn't even make sense. If FH wants to play Flowers why can't they play Wise or the other 4A schools? Helmick also was adamant that FH was going to play CP this year so I'm not sure he the most credible source. But if Helmick or anybody from the FH coaching staff goes on record and says they contacted Flowers and were turned down I will post my conversation with Flowers.

Then why take the game?

There is no double standard from the posters, the double standard is coming from FH if this happens to be true. Again IF this is true, the bottom line would be that FH made a commitment and reneged on it. That makes them no classier or better than any other team that has ever done so to them. I've always tried to convince myself that FH had some integrity. That means doing whats right and honoring your commitments. Even when others take shortcuts or do it wrong. IF (a huge fat IF) this is true, FH has shown their integrity is as weak as anyone else's. That's not what champions strive to be. You can't claim yourself as a class program, and do the same squirrely shit that other teams do.

Well said! Boyz called it and others doubted if FH would return the favor and honor the contract. One has to wonder if FH had any intention to do so when this agreement was made. If this is true then that would be pretty low of them..

I have talked to Flowers people in person and on social media and they said they never heard from FH. I'm not disputing FH contacted Crossland or those other schools. I don't know anything about that. The Flowers story doesn't even make sense. If FH wants to play Flowers why can't they play Wise or the other 4A schools? Helmick also was adamant that FH was going to play CP this year so I'm not sure he the most credible source. But if Helmick or anybody from the FH coaching staff goes on record and says they contacted Flowers and were turned down I will post my conversation with Flowers.

I'm sure Fairmont Heights dropping FH in the middle of a contract didn't happen either. They didn't even tell FH and FH had to find out in May when PG schedules came out. Talk about dirty pool. All you have to do is read these archives.

Maybe Flowers AD just didn't check emails like in 2017 when both them and Bowie were openly advertising for games but when FH asked they said no or just didn't respond. Probably just another PG County disorganization thing. LOL.

Last edited:
Then why take the game?

There is no double standard from the posters, the double standard is coming from FH if this happens to be true. Again IF this is true, the bottom line would be that FH made a commitment and reneged on it. That makes them no classier or better than any other team that has ever done so to them. I've always tried to convince myself that FH had some integrity. That means doing whats right and honoring your commitments. Even when others take shortcuts or do it wrong. IF (a huge fat IF) this is true, FH has shown their integrity is as weak as anyone else's. That's not what champions strive to be. You can't claim yourself as a class program, and do the same squirrely shit that other teams do.

I have to admit... You calls 'em as you sees 'em. No Big Red blinders for you if you think something is wrong.

I would like to add a personal thought though.... I really can't blame Appel for canceling the game. I expect to see a schedule where FH could run the regular season table and hopefully get a rematch with Catoctin (sans their coach and some of last years players). Then, hopefully a shot at Dunbar in the championship game (totally beatable last year).

An unbeaten season and a championship would go a long way to erase last year's depantsing.

I have to admit... You calls 'em as you sees 'em. No Big Red blinders for you if you think something is wrong.

I would like to add a personal thought though.... I really can't blame Appel for canceling the game. I expect to see a schedule where FH could run the regular season table and hopefully get a rematch with Catoctin (sans their coach and some of last years players). Then, hopefully a shot at Dunbar in the championship game (totally beatable last year).

An unbeaten season and a championship would go a long way to erase last year's depantsing.
Thats assuming Appel is still there i really have doubts he keeps coaching

Thats assuming Appel is still there i really have doubts he keeps coaching

Well, maybe so. I view things from many miles away (as has been frequently pointed out here). But to me, if I were Appel and I thought I could run the table and win it all with a more senior team, particularly on defense, I would not go out on that loss.

Then again, there can be a time when even winning or losing becomes meaningless in light of what the whole damn thing does to one personally. Appel has paid his dues... and then some.

Well said! Boyz called it and others doubted if FH would return the favor and honor the contract. One has to wonder if FH had any intention to do so when this agreement was made. If this is true then that would be pretty low of them..
He hit the integrity part (or the perception of integrity) perfectly. For me at least, I'm not getting on FH for dropping out. As has been frequently pointed out, that happens all the time. There is basically no penalty for it, and it goes on all across the state. It's not something I'm condoning, but the act itself isn't what jumped out at me from the announcement. My first thought was the people who have played the FH integrity card, and how they'll outright excuse it as "the right move" or spew "BOTH SIDES!" That's the enjoyment I got from this being possible.

He hit the integrity part (or the perception of integrity) perfectly. For me at least, I'm not getting on FH for dropping out. As has been frequently pointed out, that happens all the time. There is basically no penalty for it, and it goes on all across the state. It's not something I'm condoning, but the act itself isn't what jumped out at me from the announcement. My first thought was the people who have played the FH integrity card, and how they'll outright excuse it as "the right move" or spew "BOTH SIDES!" That's the enjoyment I got from this being possible.

Kinda like chanting we-are-family out of one side of your mouth then discussing student's grades, ripping the staff for a loss and insulting your fan base out of the other.

Or, being aloof up in the booth when your team could have used you down on the field helping them get their heads together... as in bad snaps or the quarterback deciding to run up the middle holding the football like a subway sandwich... or a running back collapsing in front of a tackler... or arm tackling... or just standing around.

Or, maybe there is some sudden awareness that a drone-attack view for a handful of plays doesn't help much when your down 28 zip. You know... like... get down there and pull your frickin' team together. (Or... God forbid... showing up with a balanced offense... ugh.. like the other team.)

So, can Appel do a reset and do the same-ole-same-ole to win a championship. Canceling this game suggests to me a be-back. Then again, I do get things wrong. So, maybe the horror of a repeat of last year will end his reign. Either way, I don't blame him.

Last edited:
I'm sure Fairmont Heights dropping FH in the middle of a contract didn't happen either. They didn't even tell FH and FH had to find out in May when PG schedules came out. Talk about dirty pool. All you have to do is read these archives.

Maybe Flowers AD just didn't check emails like in 2017 when both them and Bowie were openly advertising for games but when FH asked they said no or just didn't respond. Probably just another PG County disorganization thing. LOL.

When Fairmont Heights dropped the second FH game I didn't defend that. Basically everyone on this board was in agreement it was improper and a shady move by Fairmont.

This is a direct quote from Flowers: "We have never been contacted by Fort Hill." Anybody on this board can reach out to them via social media, or simply call the school. It's off-season and it won't be hard to reach somebody. Flowers is a fast and physical team almost every year, they kind of get underestimated because they are in the same region with Wise. If FH wants the game tell Helmick to reach out and maybe they can make it happen in 2021 or 2022. This is going to be a tough game and away from Greenway this is probably going to be a sure loss. Be clear, lol: I am not comparing FH to a 4A team and I am not saying they should play this game. I am only commenting on what Brian claims he heard from a Fort Hill coach implying Flowers doesn't want to play them.

In 2017 Bowie was going through a coaching change if I remember correctly so there was definitely confusion at that time in their program and I believe that an email may not have been returned. I saw Bowie play a couple times last season and their program is in good shape now. Reach out to them now and make the game happen. They aren't quite as good as Flowers but this will also be a tough road game for FH. Once again, I am not advocating for FH to play any 4A school. I am responding to Brian's comment.

Last edited:
When Fairmont Heights dropped the second FH game I didn't defend that. Basically everyone on this board was in agreement it was improper and a shady move by Fairmont.

This is a direct quote from Flowers: "We have never been contacted by Fort Hill." Anybody on this board can reach out to them via social media, or simply call the school. It's off-season and it won't be hard to reach somebody. Flowers is a fast and physical team almost every year, they kind of get underestimated because they are in the same region with Wise. If FH wants the game tell Helmick to reach out and maybe they can make it happen in 2021 or 2022. This is going to be a tough game and away from Greenway this is probably going to be a sure loss. Be clear, lol: I am not comparing FH to a 4A team and I am not saying they should play this game. I am only commenting on what Brian claims he heard from a Fort Hill coach implying Flowers doesn't want to play them.

In 2017 Bowie was going through a coaching change if I remember correctly so there was definitely confusion at that time in their program and I believe that an email may not have been returned. I saw Bowie play a couple times last season and their program is in good shape now. Reach out to them now and make the game happen. They aren't quite as good as Flowers but this will also be a tough road game for FH. Once again, I am not advocating for FH to play any 4A school. I am responding to Brian's comment.

My FH schedule obsession does not match yours. I'm not investing time calling schools to confirm if FH contacted them any more than I'm going to bother a FH coach to confirm the same. It is actually kind of scary that you do. It explains much. Whatever floats your boat.

But if you go back through this archive you will see where the guy who put the FH schedule together said he contacted Flowers about their posted week 1 opening in 2017.

Look, I think it is horrible to drop teams you agreed to play. It is chicken shit and it seems like normal behavior these days. FH should be playing public schools their size. But none of them will because 95% of teams the same size from every state get crushed.

His obsession over "FH hate" is as bad as the Dems hate toward Trump!!

"His obsession over "FH hate" only rivals Trump and FH supporter's ability to excuse away blatant wrong doing, double standards, and outright hypocrisy...

Last edited:
My FH schedule obsession does not match yours. I'm not investing time calling schools to confirm if FH contacted them any more than I'm going to bother a FH coach to confirm the same. It is actually kind of scary that you do. It explains much. Whatever floats your boat.

But if you go back through this archive you will see where the guy who put the FH schedule together said he contacted Flowers about their posted week 1 opening in 2017.

Just for the record this entire thread is about the FH schedule and you were the one that brought up Flowers in the first place. You have to understand I know these people personally, so yes, if there is a comment made that seems to be untrue I'm going to ask those people. And I verified that the comment was untrue. A Twitter exchange and a conversation on the sideline is not a great investment of time. This is actually the first time I have discussed Flowers on the board, because the claim was so ridiculous. We all know Appel wouldn't sign off on this level of opponent any way. But if you keep repeating the same lie over and over I am going to address it. The guy who puts the schedule together also said numerous times FH was playing in Erie this season.

By comparison, when the people from Southern made an accusation about Fort Hill using radio communication a couple of years ago there were endless threads devoted to that topic. The amount of energy expended on that nonsense is what you call a scary obsession.

Last edited:
Kinda like chanting we-are-family out of one side of your mouth then discussing student's grades, ripping the staff for a loss and insulting your fan base out of the other.

Or, being aloof up in the booth when your team could have used you down on the field helping them get their heads together... as in bad snaps or the quarterback deciding to run up the middle holding the football like a subway sandwich... or a running back collapsing in front of a tackler... or arm tackling... or just standing around.

Or, maybe there is some sudden awareness that a drone-attack view for a handful of plays doesn't help much when your down 28 zip. You know... like... get down there and pull your frickin' team together. (Or... God forbid... showing up with a balanced offense... ugh.. like the other team.)

So, can Appel do a reset and do the same-ole-same-ole to win a championship. Canceling this game suggests to me a be-back. Then again, I do get things wrong. So, maybe the horror of a repeat of last year will end his reign. Either way, I don't blame him.
this thread is about 1 team dropping another, why do you feel the need to bring up what Todd had said in past interviews or his coaching habits that have been beat like a dead horse already?

I’m a FH diehard. Honor the damn contract. No honorable excuse not to honor the contract.
You're right, and the truth hurts the Appelites, but It makes it so much worse to not honor it and get your butt beat than to not honor it and whine about how you can't fill a schedule!

this thread is about 1 team dropping another, why do you feel the need to bring up what Todd had said in past interviews or his coaching habits that have been beat like a dead horse already?

It's not just about 1 team. It's about FH and should include the vehemence directed toward those who have dropped them. It should also include whether Appel made this decision and what was his state of mind.

Can we safely assume since Appel has not retired that he made the decision to drop CP. If so, then his motives are fair game.... are they not? Doesn't that too bring in his failure to gather his team together early in the Catoctin game, when everybody else could see the wheels come off in the first quarter - thus leading to a career benchmark in failure. How can we not discuss this series of events? To stay... To go... to drop CP... There's the rub.

Let me reiterate that I don't blame Appel for this decision to drop CP. Considering all the factors involved, I probably would have done it myself.... that is, if I were returning. My smattering of issues with Appel aside, Cumberland owes Appel the right to determine how he finalizes his legacy. If dropping CP is part of it. So be it.

Let me also add that the subject most beat like a dead horse is the ritualistic bashing of schools who dropped or will not play FH.

Just for the record this entire thread is about the FH schedule and you were the one that brought up Flowers in the first place. You have to understand I know these people personally, so yes, if there is a comment made that seems to be untrue I'm going to ask those people. And I verified that the comment was untrue. A Twitter exchange and a conversation on the sideline is not a great investment of time. This is actually the first time I have discussed Flowers on the board, because the claim was so ridiculous. We all know Appel wouldn't sign off on this level of opponent any way. But if you keep repeating the same lie over and over I am going to address it. The guy who puts the schedule together also said numerous times FH was playing in Erie this season.

By comparison, when the people from Southern made an accusation about Fort Hill using radio communication a couple of years ago there were endless threads devoted to that topic. The amount of energy expended on that nonsense is what you call a scary obsession.

Got ya. Like tracking down people from Erie to verify if CP won't be as good. Sure, there is plenty of FH obsession here pro and con. You are definately one of them at the top of the con chain. LOL. Thanks for helping kids.

I'm sure you called Uniontown to verify how good Albert Gallatin might be. But I get it, this is a FH obsession board.

For the record, FH asked Flowers for a game in 2017 and was turned down. I cannot confirm for 2020. Also for the record, FH can't beat Flowers. No argument there.

Last edited:
TDHelmick is no longer involved with setting up the FH schedule. Per his words to me directly. This one looks like it falls on the other Todd, if it's true.

If i was in his shoes i would cut ties with the program myself. Don't blame him one bit

If what everyone is saying is true then who can blame him? I don't know anyone with an ounce of self respect that would have anything to do with this coaching staff after having the rug pulled from under them in this manner and on different occasions. Someone said TDHelmick went to great lengths to assure everyone that this time would be different in FH honoring its commitment. Eventually, some people grow smart enough to realize you cant defend the indefensible... "There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again."

I'll go on record because my name was on this Cathedral Prep deal. Yes, FH has dropped Cathedral Prep for the return game in 2020 so I am told. FH did at least pay Cathedral Prep for last year's visit to Cumberland. Hedgesville also dropped FH for the return game in 2020, same thing. This process happens much too often in both directions. There is nothing I can do to stop it. Very frustrating. No out of state contract can hold the agreement because there are no legal ramifications for dropping it.

I did not put the 2019 FH football schedules together last year for various reasons (other than the Quad scrimmage). But once summer got here I was asked to see if I could help find a final 9th game for FH because they had no options. It got to be the first week of August and the only game out there was Cathedral Prep. It was them or only 8 games for the kids. I told Coach Appel they would only take a two year deal. He took it and I reaffirmed this was a two year deal. It was agreed. FH signed the contract. I was 100% positive this would be a two year deal knowing full well CP would be heavily favored to beat FH both years. But since the playoffs changed I figured FH was good with it.

Well I apologize because I was dead wrong. I admit it so I deserve the criticism in that department. And I will take it like a man who admits he was wrong. But I DID NOT CANCEL THE GAME!!!!!! Nor would I ever have cancelled the game. Nor would I have ever cancelled the Friendship Collegiate game in 2018. I'm not happy about it to put it very mildly. Very frustrated on many levels. But that is not my call and never was because I am not a coach and I don't have to prepare these kids for games. I don't have to put in 50-60 hours a week. I have not put 25 years of my life into FH football.

The last 10 years I have been putting FH schedules together -- I only find games, it is Coach Appel who always decides whether to take them or not as it should be and as it is for every other team I help find games, as it should be. It has led to many hardcore disagreements that few even know about, as is normal, but it never took my respect away because I try to walk in his shoes. It's a load, trust me. He has given up a chunk of his life, including his family, to do what he does for FH and those kids. Many may not like the route he chooses to win games, but there is no disputing his success with it. To Coach Appel, he truly believes that his FH kids should be afforded the same opportunities as every other MPSSAA 1A school. That 1A teams should be who he plays like everyone else. Since we can't get those games we have filled them with Capital Christian, Silver Oak, MATHS, Pittsburgh City teams, etc. I keep using the same expression these days - Southern won't play Keyser, Keyser won't play Fort Hill, Fort Hill won't play Martinsburg and Martinsburg won't play a good DC private school. These are the lessons being taught to kids today from every direction.

So if people in this community want to take issue with Coach Appel, that is your prerogative. I won't on a place like social media because he does so much and I'm extremely appreciative of everything he has done for the school where we both graduated. I have known Todd Appel since Washington Jr. High School. We both went to the same elementary school. We don't see eye to eye sometimes. And what's wrong with that? People don't see eye to eye in many phases of life. It can sometimes be a healthy thing, sometimes it can lead to problems. Fortunately, football is not life.

With that said, I have to repeat...I DID NOT CANCEL THE CATHEDRAL PREP GAME. I do not like in the least that it got cancelled and do not agree with it at all. I'm the one who the Cathedral Prep AD and head coach had to give a painful earful to because I set it up. I had to take that and apologize multiple times. There is much that goes on behind the scenes that I don't state publicly. The football schedule is 100% Coach Appel's call and always has been. I'm the one who always pushes for better competition. Most people here don't know this and so I get much of the flack about it. I never believed in overloading our kids, especially the way the old playoffs used to be set up. But I can't stand watching 7-8 games with a running clock every year as a fan of the game much like everyone else. IT'S NOT MY DECISION, none of the teams FH plays are my decision.

At the same time it can be a joke to see what some people type here and other social media outlets because they think they know things. None of these people were involved in talking with 400 schools every year for the last 10 years trying to make games happen. It is a fact that for every game FH says no to, there are 40 other schools that say no to FH. Whether you like it, don't like it, agree or disagree...it is a massive dilemma every year. People want to hold FH accountable for things they would never hold other schools accountable for. There is not a 1A school in Maryland that would even remotely consider picking up Cathedral Prep or Melbourne CC or Friendship Collegiate other than FH and maybe Dunbar. It certainly has been a double standard, but that comes with winning so much. So as I always tell Coach Appel...when people stop complaining and celebrating your losses, then it will be time to be concerned with the Fort Hill program.

Also note...I am about the only person who is willing to share thoughts and info online through social media. I sometimes show my blue collar emotions but try to stay professional. I take heat for that from many administrators through the years. The way I see it, the truth (or what you believe in) should not need to be kept behind closed doors. This has burned me at times and earned thanks other times. You don't have to agree or like it, but at least I try to stay open and honest.

FYI, I type super fast as one can tell from the length of some posts. LOL

Last edited:
If it wasn't for you FH never would have played a team from Florida in school history. The players and fans will talk about that game for decades.

I think once Hedgesville bailed on the contract, Coach Appel had enuff. Does that sound right? I can't say I blame him sometimes for the way his kids get dumped on by the system and other teams his size avoiding him. But I will back track on my earlier posts to a degree. You don't give your word as a gentleman and Christian then drop it because others did the same to you. He signed the contract. Just play the game Todd. Geez. I realize I cannot defend him on this one.

Last edited:
I'll go on record because my name was on this Cathedral Prep deal. Yes, FH has dropped Cathedral Prep for the return game in 2020 so I am told. FH did at least pay Cathedral Prep for last year's visit to Cumberland. Hedgesville also dropped FH for the return game in 2020, same thing. This process happens much too often in both directions. There is nothing I can do to stop it. Very frustrating. No out of state contract can hold the agreement because there are no legal ramifications for dropping it.

I did not put the 2019 FH football schedules together last year for various reasons (other than the Quad scrimmage). But once summer got here I was asked to see if I could help find a final 9th game for FH because they had no options. It got to be the first week of August and the only game out there was Cathedral Prep. It was them or only 8 games for the kids. I told Coach Appel they would only take a two year deal. He took it and I reaffirmed this was a two year deal. It was agreed. FH signed the contract. I was 100% positive this would be a two year deal knowing full well CP would be heavily favored to beat FH both years. But since the playoffs changed I figured FH was good with it.

Well I apologize because I was dead wrong. I admit it so I deserve the criticism in that department. And I will take it like a man who admits he was wrong. But I DID NOT CANCEL THE GAME!!!!!! Nor would I ever have cancelled the game. Nor would I have ever cancelled the Friendship Collegiate game in 2018. I'm not happy about it to put it very mildly. Very frustrated on many levels. But that is not my call and never was because I am not a coach and I don't have to prepare these kids for games. I don't have to put in 50-60 hours a week. I have not put 25 years of my life into FH football.

The last 10 years I have been putting FH schedules together -- I only find games, it is Coach Appel who always decides whether to take them or not as it should be and as it is for every other team I help find games, as it should be. It has led to many hardcore disagreements that few even know about, as is normal, but it never took my respect away because I try to walk in his shoes. It's a load, trust me. He has given up a chunk of his life, including his family, to do what he does for FH and those kids. Many may not like the route he chooses to win games, but there is no disputing his success with it. To Coach Appel, he truly believes that his FH kids should be afforded the same opportunities as every other MPSSAA 1A school. That 1A teams should be who he plays like everyone else. Since we can't get those games we have filled them with Capital Christian, Silver Oak, MATHS, Pittsburgh City teams, etc. I keep using the same expression these days - Southern won't play Keyser, Keyser won't play Fort Hill, Fort Hill won't play Martinsburg and Martinsburg won't play a good DC private school. These are the lessons being taught to kids today from every direction.

So if people in this community want to take issue with Coach Appel, that is your prerogative. I won't on a place like social media because he does so much and I'm extremely appreciative of everything he has done for the school where we both graduated. I have known Todd Appel since Washington Jr. High School. We both went to the same elementary school. We don't see eye to eye sometimes. And what's wrong with that? People don't see eye to eye in many phases of life. It can sometimes be a healthy thing, sometimes it can lead to problems. Fortunately, football is not life.

With that said, I have to repeat...I DID NOT CANCEL THE CATHEDRAL PREP GAME. I do not like in the least that it got cancelled and do not agree with it at all. I'm the one who the Cathedral Prep AD and head coach had to give a painful earful to because I set it up. I had to take that and apologize multiple times. There is much that goes on behind the scenes that I don't state publicly. The football schedule is 100% Coach Appel's call and always has been. I'm the one who always pushes for better competition. Most people here don't know this and so I get much of the flack about it. I never believed in overloading our kids, especially the way the old playoffs used to be set up. But I can't stand watching 7-8 games with a running clock every year as a fan of the game much like everyone else. IT'S NOT MY DECISION, none of the teams FH plays are my decision.

At the same time it can be a joke to see what some people type here and other social media outlets because they think they know things. None of these people were involved in talking with 400 schools every year for the last 10 years trying to make games happen. It is a fact that for every game FH says no to, there are 40 other schools that say no to FH. Whether you like it, don't like it, agree or disagree...it is a massive dilemma every year. People want to hold FH accountable for things they would never hold other schools accountable for. There is not a 1A school in Maryland that would even remotely consider picking up Cathedral Prep or Melbourne CC or Friendship Collegiate other than FH and maybe Dunbar. It certainly has been a double standard, but that comes with winning so much. So as I always tell Coach Appel...when people stop complaining and celebrating your losses, then it will be time to be concerned with the Fort Hill program.

Also note...I am about the only person who is willing to share thoughts and info online through social media. I sometimes show my blue collar emotions but try to stay professional. I take heat for that from many administrators through the years. The way I see it, the truth (or what you believe in) should not need to be kept behind closed doors. This has burned me at times and earned thanks other times. You don't have to agree or like it, but at least I try to stay open and honest.

Way to say it buddy!!! BTW when’s the spring lemonade flavors coming!!! I’m ready!!

So sad. I’ve been a big supporter or Todd Appel. But to go back on your word is deploreable and sends the wrong message to your kids. The fact that he schedules Capital Christian and silver oak will be his undoing. I can’t sit through another one of those games when those kids can’t even line up in the right position. mark my words if you thought attendance was bad this year, you havnt seen anything yet. Once interest is gone in this program it will never come back. You have done a great job Todd hemick and I commend you!

Thanks, Todd for the information about CP. Good to have an end to at least the speculation. It seems that until MPSSA steps in and mandates scheduling within divisions this will never end. Why is this such an unpopular decision on their part? Why should it be any different than saying who plays who and where in the playoffs?

Just my thoughts: CP should never have been scheduled. I have been hoping they would drop this year's game.

Thanks, Todd for the information about CP. Good to have an end to at least the speculation. It seems that until MPSSA steps in and mandates scheduling within divisions this will never end. Why is this such an unpopular decision on their part? Why should it be any different than saying who plays who and where in the playoffs?

Just my thoughts: CP should never have been scheduled. I have been hoping they would drop this year's game.
So you’ve been hoping they would drop this game? I’m serious about this question. Will you go see the game against Green St., Academy or capital Christian?

So you’ve been hoping they would drop this game? I’m serious about this question. Will you go see the game against Green St., Academy or capital Christian?
Exactly. This is why mandated scheduling within any class is the only way to solve this problem. (I too am sick of the competition that is this lame).
And, No I would not pay to see any of the opponents you named.

Got ya. Like tracking down people from Erie to verify if CP won't be as good. Sure, there is plenty of FH obsession here pro and con. You are definately one of them at the top of the con chain. LOL. Thanks for helping kids.

I'm sure you called Uniontown to verify how good Albert Gallatin might be. But I get it, this is a FH obsession board.

For the record, FH asked Flowers for a game in 2017 and was turned down. I cannot confirm for 2020. Also for the record, FH can't beat Flowers. No argument there.

For the record, when that was stated on this board, I asked them in January 2017 and they already had a full schedule. So it's possible FH was told that. It's also possible that an email was not returned. I'm getting the impression the confusion is because your definition of "turned down" is an AD or Asst. coach not responding to an email.

I have never understood why the MPSSAA doesn't require WMD schools to play each other like they do downstate.

Way to say it buddy!!! BTW when’s the spring lemonade flavors coming!!! I’m ready!!

I caught the feature on MPT. I didn't know the lemonade and other drinks were bottled by hand like that. A lot of work goes into that process.

I have never understood why the MPSSAA doesn't require WMD schools to play each other like they do downstate.

I've never understood why the MPSSAA installed regions and divisions etc....then has no mandate ANYWHERE in the state for teams to play within their region. It's a very very simple fix, for the whole state. You have regions, require a minimum number of games within the region/division to be playoff eligible. Done. Teams downstate would have no issue with this because they already do it, and teams in WMD should have no problem with it because it gives everyone a consistent schedule, and makes the playoffs true to competition.

It literally makes no sense whatsoever to have a region or division where teams aren't required to play each other. 5 or 6 game minimum regional play. 4 or 5 open game slots. go back to a 10 game schedule. You can schedule anyone you want to outside the region. You can go 5-5 overall but if you're 5-0 in the region or division, you're in like Flint. The only time those other 5 games come into play is if there is a tie-breaker inn the region and for points.

It's literally that simple.

For the record, when that was stated on this board, I asked them in January 2017 and they already had a full schedule. So it's possible FH was told that. It's also possible that an email was not returned. I'm getting the impression the confusion is because your definition of "turned down" is an AD or Asst. coach not responding to an email.

I can buy that about Flowers because I'm not an unreasonable person despite what some may believe. But I would turn that same logic back around by saying that I get the impression just because FH didn't schedule Middletown, Lackey or Dunbar in the past (which many icluding you here keep bringing up) is that FH was full that date and didn't respond. Like has been said here, FH played Loyola instead of Lackey that week 1 date, which Loyola was better that season. So it makes no sense to say FH dodged Lackey if the team they played instead was better. Assumptions either way.

This is what stands out to me from your post and what I suspected.

"I was asked to see if I could help find a final 9th game for FH because they had no options. It got to be the first week of August and the only game out there was Cathedral Prep. It was them or only 8 games for the kids. I told Coach Appel they would only take a two year deal. He took it and I reaffirmed this was a two year deal."

This statement right here exposes FH's duplicity in entering into contract with CP. It was late, their backs were against the wall, and CP "would only take a two year deal". Instead of having only 8 games the contract was deceitfully entered into. Its one thing to give your word having every intention of fulfilling it. Only to have to go back on it do to uncontrollable circumstances. Its another thing to wilfully deceive someone. I'm sorry but no amount of time dedicated to a program, no amount of excuses and/or finger pointing can justify this...
For me I won't be listening to any post game interviews about one's Lord and saviour because apparently its the same one that allowed the U.S. government to break every treaty it had with the Native American...

Reactions: BoyznBlue
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT