ADVERTISEMENT

LMAO. FH drops Cathederal Prep.

This is what stands out to me from your post and what I suspected.

"I was asked to see if I could help find a final 9th game for FH because they had no options. It got to be the first week of August and the only game out there was Cathedral Prep. It was them or only 8 games for the kids. I told Coach Appel they would only take a two year deal. He took it and I reaffirmed this was a two year deal."

This statement right here exposes FH's duplicity in entering into contract with CP. It was late, their backs were against the wall, and CP "would only take a two year deal". Instead of having only 8 games the contract was deceitfully entered into. Its one thing to give your word having every intention of fulfilling it. Only to have to go back on it do to uncontrollable circumstances. Its another thing to wilfully deceive someone. I'm sorry but no amount of time dedicated to a program, no amount of excuses and/or finger pointing can justify this...
For me I won't be listening to any post game interviews about one's Lord and saviour because apparently its the same one that allowed the U.S. government to break every treaty it had with the Native American...

I dont disagree but does this make sense also: I don't think Coach Appel felt he would be at FH to coach against CP the 2nd time.

I dont disagree but does this make sense also: I don't think Coach Appel felt he would be at FH to coach against CP the 2nd time.

Honestly I don't believe so and here's why,

"I did not put the 2019 FH football schedules together last year for various reasons (other than the Quad scrimmage). But once summer got here I was asked to see if I could help find a final 9th game for FH because they had no options. It got to be the first week of August and the only game out there was Cathedral Prep. It was them or only 8 games for the kids."

By Tdhelmick's own admission the objective was to fill the void of finding a 9th game for 2019. Their only option was to agree to 2 yrs knowing they only needed one. Regardless that's neither here nor there. You honor your commitment. Not honoring it only validates every ones assumption. Remember this isn't the first time this happened. Tdhelmick also brought up it happening to Friendship Collegiate also. So this just isn't a one off'er. A pattern has been established. And that's probably why boy'z called it and so many others doubted FH would be a man of their word and do the honorable thing.

I have never understood why the MPSSAA doesn't require WMD schools to play each other like they do downstate.

The MPSSAA Doesn't Require any Team anywhere in the state to play each other until the playoffs. Those Teams have leagues, I don't see it as the states problem that Fort Hill can't get games.

some of it is because even though they are 1A they are sometimes twice as big a school in enrollment numbers than some of these other school and yes many times those schools don't have a chance on the football field. FH has also caused some of their own problems over the years by leaving the CVAL, by playing Frankfort and then having fans yelling at them like nut jobs because they were up big at halftime and Frankfort decided it just wasn't worth it. Seriously We are in a small area of Maryland where these problems don't exist, Washington County has all kinds of options for their schedule. Southern, Northern & Mountain Ridge doesn't seem to have a problem with their schedule, maybe it's time to look in the mirror and take some of the blame for the fallout.
The one thing wrong with the state is having a School with the enrollments of Allegany, Fort Hill & Mountain Ridge in 1A when a School the same size in WV would be 3A and in PA 6A but yet in Maryland with those numbers of 600-700 students are playing teams with 100+ Students and why does this happen? because places like Allegany & Garrett County have too many schools and so many small schools in the same are like FH & Alco when putting them together would be like 1200 and they would be 3A in Maryland but for some reason in Allegany County we like to live in the old days and throw money away by keeping two city Schools because they say it doesn't work having so many kids in 1 school except that there is 62 Schools in The State with over 1200 and I seriously doubt their Education is any less than Allegany Counties. it's really funny when local Politicians say Cumberland will rise again and there will be more population in the future when all I've seen for 15+ years is so many leaving and so many more doing what they can to get out. Cumberland, MD is run by Old People who are still living in the 60's & 70's

Honestly I don't believe so and here's why,

"I did not put the 2019 FH football schedules together last year for various reasons (other than the Quad scrimmage). But once summer got here I was asked to see if I could help find a final 9th game for FH because they had no options. It got to be the first week of August and the only game out there was Cathedral Prep. It was them or only 8 games for the kids."

By Tdhelmick's own admission the objective was to fill the void of finding a 9th game for 2019. Their only option was to agree to 2 yrs knowing they only needed one. Regardless that's neither here nor there. You honor your commitment. Not honoring it only validates every ones assumption. Remember this isn't the first time this happened. Tdhelmick also brought up it happening to Friendship Collegiate also. So this just isn't a one off'er. A pattern has been established. And that's probably why boy'z called it and so many others doubted FH would be a man of their word and do the honorable thing.

You play the game. End of story. That goes for FH and Hedgesville and anyone else that has signed a contract and then bailed. It's embarrassing.

However, there was never a thought process of "let's play Cathedral Prep, sign the two year deal, and we will just cancel it after they come here the first year." No, that wasn't the case or I would have personally told CP no thank you if I felt that was the thought process. Now I can't read Coach Appel's mind so I don't speak for him. We all had many conversations about CP and none of us felt they would beat FH 48-14. Using hindsight, no one thought Catoctin would beat FH 41-0. CP was not the Green Bay Packers using that hindsight. The defense just wasn't there. I could tell you why the two year deal was made with no hesitation, but I'm not going there. Maybe you can figure it out from other posts on here. But I would not come here in September and guarantee FH would return the game to sound like an idiot if I really believed FH had intended to void the return game from the start. In fact, if FH had beaten CP this past season at Greenway, I bet Big Red would be headed to Erie next fall. It's about losing...keep reading.

It's the same story for everyone. I have fans and/or coaches at places like Frankfort or Keyser that won't play FH use the excuses...the fans are horrible, Coach Appel ran up the score, the refs cheat, FH isn't worth enough points in WV (which is far from true), blah, blah. My counter to that is simple, "If FH had won 2 games the past 3 years, all those teams would be licking their chops lining up to play FH, period. Not playing FH is 100% about getting beat. FH not playing teams like Cathedral Prep is 100% about getting beat. God forbid all our kids have to deal with losing a game. Oh the horror.

Last edited:
Reactions: 52 to victory
You play the game. End of story. That goes for FH and Hedgesville and anyone else that has signed a contract and then bailed. It's embarrassing.

However, there was never a thought process of "let's play Cathedral Prep, sign the two year deal, and we will just cancel it after they come here the first year." No, that wasn't the case or I would have personally told CP no thank you if I felt that was the thought process. Now I can't read Coach Appel's mind so I don't speak for him. We all had many conversations about CP and none of us felt they would beat FH 48-14. Using hindsight, no one thought Catoctin would beat FH 41-0. CP was not the Green Bay Packers using that hindsight. The defense just wasn't there. I could tell you why the two year deal was made with no hesitation, but I'm not going there. Maybe you can figure it out from other posts on here. But I would not come here in September and guarantee FH would return the game to sound like an idiot if I really believed FH had intended to void the return game from the start. In fact, if FH had beaten CP this past season at Greenway, I bet Big Red would be headed to Erie next fall. It's about losing...keep reading.

It's the same story for everyone. I have fans and/or coaches at places like Frankfort or Keyser that won't play FH use the excuses...the fans are horrible, Coach Appel ran up the score, the refs cheat, FH isn't worth enough points in WV (which is far from true), blah, blah. My counter to that is simple, "If FH had won 2 games the past 3 years, all those teams would be licking their chops lining up to play FH, period. Not playing FH is 100% about getting beat. FH not playing teams like Cathedral Prep is 100% about getting beat. God forbid all our kids have to deal with losing a game. Oh the horror.

"However, there was never a thought process of "let's play Cathedral Prep, sign the two year deal, and we will just cancel it after they come here the first year."

I'm not buying it. We'll have to agree to disagree on that point... And of course FH would have been in Erie if they won this year. Just like they would be in Martinsburg if they knew it was a guaranteed win. I think we all agree that in this day and age most people cherry pick their schedule. Some more than others. I think what people have a problem with is A. You don't make contract and wilfully disregard it.
B. You don't complain about other teams not playing you and or dropping you when you do the very same thing.
C.You don't hold yourself up as some class act and or moral compass when you do corrupt shit.

It seems as though this program wants everyone else to carry a burden they themselves are not willing to bear. Don't complain and belly ache about someone elses yard when your backyard looks the same as the people you're complaining about. I guess my point is this. Stop complaining, stop with the excuses and for Pete's sake stop with the hypocritical high ground bs. At this point everyone sees through it. And no one is to blame but the FH administration and those obnoxious fans (see the post about cactoctin's stadium, the post about the top 10 or so reasons Keyser dropped FH or the countless posts throughout the years about FH dropping Martinsburg and all the excuses we've had to endure as to why. To only now admit what everyone was trying to get through to the FH attack dogs then. And that is the FH coaching staff was afraid of losing to Martinsburg) that ruin for everyone else. Period!

Last edited:
"However, there was never a thought process of "let's play Cathedral Prep, sign the two year deal, and we will just cancel it after they come here the first year."

I'm not buying it. We'll have to agree to disagree on that point... And of course FH would have been in Erie if the one this year. Just like they would be in Martinsburg if they knew it was a guaranteed win. I think we all agree that in this day and age most people cherry pick their schedule. Some more than others. I think what people have a problem with is A. You don't make contract and wilfully disregard it.
B. You don't complain about other teams not playing you and or dropping you when you do the very same thing.
C.You don't hold yourself up as some class act and or moral compass when you do corrupt shit.

It seems as though this program wants everyone else to carry burden they themselves are not willing to bear. Don't complain and belly ache about someone else yard when your backyard looks the same as the people you're complaining about. I guess my point is. Stop complaining, stop with the excuses and for Pete's sake stop with the hypocritical high ground bs. At this point everyone see's through it. And no one is to blame but FH administration and those obnoxious fans (see the post about cactoctin's stadium, the post about the top 10 or so reasons Keyser dropped FH or the countless posts throughout the years about FH dropping Martinsburg and all the excuses we've had to endure as to why. To only know admit what everyone was trying to get through to the FH attack dogs then. And that is the FH coaching staff was afraid of losing to Martinsburg) that ruin for everyone else. Period!

You have been legit up to this point. Now it's blah, blah I don't care what anyone else does only care about FH. FH has to do this but no one else does. Everyone locally and beyond can refuse to play FH but how dare FH do the same. Teams can cancel contracts with FH but I dont care about that. Whatever dude.

I agree FH should honor the contract. But I can turn your chicken shit finger pointing on every single team including Martinsburg. What comes around goes around. Cry all you want. FH is guilty lIke every one else. Why should it be otherwise? Same ole Fort Hill double standard.

In other words, FH IS JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. Too bad if that bothers people now.

On top of it all, Hedgesville drops FH and no one does shit about it. If I'm a coach I would quit on the spot. Or turn the table on someone else until all hell breaks loose. What other recourse is there? I was told FH coaches were furious about Hedgesville and the fact no one stood up. Said f**k it if this is the way it's going to be. Who can blame them really? Its the 4th freaking time in 5 years teams have dumped on a contract with FH. How dare FH do it though.

On top of it all, Hedgesville drops FH and no one does shit about it. If I'm a coach I would quit on the spot. Or turn the table on someone else until all hell breaks loose. What other recourse is there? I was told FH coaches were furious about Hedgesville and the fact no one stood up. Said f**k it if this is the way it's going to be. Who can blame them really? Its the 4th freaking time in 5 years teams have dumped on a contract with FH. How dare FH do it though.
So if someone punches me in the face, it's a perfectly fine reaction for me to punch you in the face? I got a 9-year old nephew that knows that logic doesn't fly. But some people just have to get used to the idea that FH is just like everyone else.

I don't think so either. From everything I had been told all the stars had been aligned for him to be able to walk away after last year. Of course a lot of that fell apart, in particular the administrative position that Bauer ended up getting, and now he seems to be back for another year. As someone who knows him personally, I'm honestly befuddled as to why he's still coaching

So if someone punches me in the face, it's a perfectly fine reaction for me to punch you in the face? I got a 9-year old nephew that knows that logic doesn't fly. But some people just have to get used to the idea that FH is just like everyone else.

A better analogy would be if someone stole you or your nephews lunch money 4 times, and the people in charge of making sure that shouldn't happen say oh well, too bad that's how it goes. Then I'm willing to bet you steal someone else's money to get some food.

But you and I both know the people in charge are the MPSSAA, PIAA, WVSSAC. They all do nothing about it and herein lies the heart of the problem.

But your last sentence is true. Some people, love or hate FH, can't accept it.

Last edited:
if u let someone punch u in the face and do nothing....well i'm just lost.
My 12 year old knows if someone hits him first he is to pummel them til they give up or someone stops it.
I'm all about consequences and an eye for an eye.

I agree FH should honor the contract. But I can turn your chicken shit finger pointing on every single team including Martinsburg. What comes around goes around. Cry all you want. FH is guilty lIke every one else. Why should it be otherwise? Same ole Fort Hill double standard.

In other words, FH IS JUST LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. Too bad if that bothers people now.[/QUOTE]

The Problem with this is these other Schools you are talking about do not have trouble finding games, so why is FH's problem their problem?
Martinsburg doesn't have trouble finding Teams to Complete a Schedule and most years there is 3 or so new teams on their schedule and they continue to Win State Titles.
also The Hedgesville Coach did quit.
The real problem as FH by them thinking Teams with smaller enrollments should play them but choose not to so they can play other school their size that they can compete with isn't wrong it's very smart.
FH can't find those teams but who's fault is that?
FH is worried about Record, They want to be assured 9-10 Wins without playing anyone that can beat them. They could put a schedule Together now With Alco, Mountain Ridge, Southern & Northern, Silver Oak and that's 5 Teams that 1 might be that every 10 years if that, so schedule 5 bigger schools since nobody else will schedule ya and if you lose all 5 you're 5-5 and in the playoffs and until they realize that there problem is not someone else's problem it will be same old same old crying about who they are forced to play in post game interviews.

My 12 year old knows if someone hits him first he is to pummel them til they give up or someone stops it.

Martinsburg always has trouble finding games. They need 3 games now and are digging into Canada and Florida just like FH had to do. Just read the WV Tailgate board. In fact, them, Spring Valley and Cabell Midland all are suffering to get games because they are the best teams in WV. So as people like you just cannot grasp, the best teams have trouble getting games and it's not just a FH thing. Coaches don't want to schedule a loss and it's rampid everywhere. I can assure you that if Alco or Mtn Ridge wins 4 straight titles and beats Keyser 100-0, they would be in the same predicament.

Boonsboro, Gallatin, Smithsburg, Keyser, Northern play Alco but won't play FH. Well at least Northern finally will come 2020.

Hampshire, Frankfort, University, Williamsport, Keyser play Mtn Ridge but won't play FH. It has to do with getting beat. It's not a FH thing.

I agree with Appel. The FH kids should be afforded the same opportunities as every other school in the MPSSAA. They should be playing all 1A sized schools and maybe 2 others. But no school their size wants any part of that. It was only now the WestMAC league was formed.

So for people saying it's a FH problem is very incorrect. It's a winning problem. Everyone avoids a winner including FH and Martinsburg.

Cathedral Prep and Martinsburg are desperate for games. Why don't they hook up?

Last edited:

If person A punches you in the face, and you decide to punch person B as retaliation, you're (1) going to jail, (2) the exact same person as person A. Your 12 year old needs to learn not to fight the little kid just because the big kid picked on him. Or he'll learn the hard way about consequences.

Martinsburg always has trouble finding games. They need 3 games now and are digging into Canada and Florida just like FH had to do. Just read the WV Tailgate board. In fact, them, Spring Valley and Cabell Midland all are suffering to get games because they are the best teams in WV. So as people like you just cannot grasp, the best teams have trouble getting games and it's not just a FH thing. Coaches don't want to schedule a loss and it's rampid everywhere. I can assure you that if Alco or Mtn Ridge wins 4 straight titles and beats Keyser 100-0, they would be in the same predicament.

Boonsboro, Gallatin, Smithsburg, Keyser, Northern play Alco but won't play FH. Well at least Northern finally will come 2020.

Hampshire, Frankfort, University, Williamsport, Keyser play Mtn Ridge but won't play FH. It has to do with getting beat. It's not a FH thing.

None of that has anything to do with what FH did.

You would make an awful lawyer.
"Your honor, my client can not be found guilty of murder because Ted Bundy and Aaron Hernandez murdered people before my client did. That makes the murders he committed perfectly fine."

Stop shouting BOTH SIDES to make yourself feel better.

This is what stands out to me from your post and what I suspected.

"I was asked to see if I could help find a final 9th game for FH because they had no options. It got to be the first week of August and the only game out there was Cathedral Prep. It was them or only 8 games for the kids. I told Coach Appel they would only take a two year deal. He took it and I reaffirmed this was a two year deal."

This statement right here exposes FH's duplicity in entering into contract with CP. It was late, their backs were against the wall, and CP "would only take a two year deal". Instead of having only 8 games the contract was deceitfully entered into. Its one thing to give your word having every intention of fulfilling it. Only to have to go back on it do to uncontrollable circumstances. Its another thing to wilfully deceive someone. I'm sorry but no amount of time dedicated to a program, no amount of excuses and/or finger pointing can justify this...

What stood out to me from Todd's post was he says they paid CP for coming here. FH got a pretty nice gate from that game. Did FH split the profits right down the middle with CP? That's what makes it worse than the Friendship situation. FH got the home gate and then cancelled.

If person A punches you in the face, and you decide to punch person B as retaliation, you're (1) going to jail, (2) the exact same person as person A. Your 12 year old needs to learn not to fight the little kid just because the big kid picked on him. Or he'll learn the hard way about consequences.
You think way to liberally for me...
Seriously in the past 10 years I've been in 4 fights and faced charges one time, in the end i paid his hospital bills and would I do it again? HELL YES
in life you have to stand up for yourself and not always hide behind the law because most of the time people don't care about that.
You must be one of those people that think a gun free zone protects you as well. smh
if someone wants to cause you pain or harm they will do so No matter what
last year in May a bully punched my 11 year old at the time, my son at the time in the 6th grade is 5'7" 170 lbs beat the snot outta the kid and received 3 days Suspension from School, I took him to Williamsburg to Great Wolf Lodge for 2 days and we had a Blast. btw he's 5'8" 180 now as a 7th grader. He's told never to start it but to Always to Finish it and to Never Bully Anyone or He will be punished at home.
Also one more Question for ya? I'm guessing you were against Trump Blowing up Qasem Soleimani?
I mean that's why I like him so much if someone even thinks about attacking and threatens you then they get taken out.... end of story

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/remarks-president-trump-killing-qasem-soleimani/

Reactions: RedPride97
What stood out to me from Todd's post was he says they paid CP for coming here. FH got a pretty nice gate from that game. Did FH split the profits right down the middle with CP? That's what makes it worse than the Friendship situation. FH got the home gate and then cancelled.

I wonder how much FH got from Hedgesville bailing because I was at that game and it was actually completely packed. Couldn't even get food and drink from concessions because the line was so long all evening.

FH went 3 hours to Clearfield then was told we aren't returning the game and we aren't paying FH a dime. LOL. If I remember correctky the PIAA said too bad.

None of that has anything to do with what FH did.

You would make an awful lawyer.
"Your honor, my client can not be found guilty of murder because Ted Bundy and Aaron Hernandez murdered people before my client did. That makes the murders he committed perfectly fine."

Stop shouting BOTH SIDES to make yourself feel better.

Stop shouting IT'S ONLY ABOUT WHAT FH DOES to make yourself feel better.

FH has been screwed and now FH does the screwing. Not good either way, but it's not on FH. It's on the MPSSAA, PIAA and WVSSAC. That's who you really need to blast.

I wonder how much FH got from Hedgesville bailing because I was at that game and it was actually completely packed. Couldn't even get food and drink from concessions because the line was so long all evening.

FH went 3 hours to Clearfield then was told we aren't returning the game and we aren't paying FH a dime. LOL. If I remember correctky the PIAA said too bad.

If we could rewind the clock, the Clearfield debacle would never have happened. That deal really hurt FH financially, which in turn hurts kids. As an athletic administrator you learn from prior mistakes as with life. Today's contracts are starting to work different. For example, I had a coach from another state ask about open dates and playing a game but they needed a home game this fall but would return the game in 2021. Fine, but we require you pay X amount of dollars to cover travel expense this year. When you return the game that X amount of dollars will be paid back to you. Makes it tougher to get games sometimes but that is better than getting burned financially when finances are critical these days.

You really have to dump out-of-state contracts. I don't even use them anymore. They are worthless and a waste of time to the point having each principal or AD sign it is a joke. Now the MPSSAA contract between two MPSSAA schools does carry a little more weight because both teams are under the same jurisdiction. Meaning the MPSSAA has stepped in and forced teams to play half the time. Although they didn't when Fairmont Heights bailed. They bowed to PG County to no surprise. Water under the bridge.

I don't care for how this world has evolved. There used to be a time not long ago where a person's word or handshake was good enough. Now their signature doesn't even count.

Last edited:
Reactions: CumberlandHSFB
You think way to liberally for me...
Seriously in the past 10 years I've been in 4 fights and faced charges one time, in the end i paid his hospital bills and would I do it again? HELL YES
in life you have to stand up for yourself and not always hide behind the law because most of the time people don't care about that.
You must be one of those people that think a gun free zone protects you as well. smh
if someone wants to cause you pain or harm they will do so No matter what
last year in May a bully punched my 11 year old at the time, my son at the time in the 6th grade is 5'7" 170 lbs beat the snot outta the kid and received 3 days Suspension from School, I took him to Williamsburg to Great Wolf Lodge for 2 days and we had a Blast. btw he's 5'8" 180 now as a 7th grader. He's told never to start it but to Always to Finish it and to Never Bully Anyone or He will be punished at home.
Also one more Question for ya? I'm guessing you were against Trump Blowing up Qasem Soleimani?
I mean that's why I like him so much if someone even thinks about attacking and threatens you then they get taken out.... end of story
In how many of those fights did you punch a person who didnt punch you? But that's the conservative thinking under trump... when someone smacks you, instead of smacking them back, you call them your friend and go find someone you can smack that wont smack back. If someone causes you harm, why on earth would you punish anyone else but them? That's psychopath thinking.

Im guessing you agree with Japan attacking Pearl Harbor and the 9/11 terrorists. That's why you like them so much? Because they took out the people who threatened them.

Reactions: bigsavage
Stop shouting IT'S ONLY ABOUT WHAT FH DOES to make yourself feel better.

FH has been screwed and now FH does the screwing. Not good either way, but it's not on FH. It's on the MPSSAA, PIAA and WVSSAC. That's who you really need to blast.[/QUOTE
I haven't done that once, but its literally what this entire topic is about. FH dropping a team. Not Hedgesville. Not Martinsburg.

Fort Hill dropping Prep is absolutely all on FH.

Last edited:
FH has been screwed and now FH does the screwing. Not good either way, but it's not on FH. It's on the MPSSAA, PIAA and WVSSAC. That's who you really need to blast.[/QUOTE
I haven't done that once, but its literally what this entire topic is about. FH dropping a team. Not Hedgesville. Not Martinsburg.

From an outsiders perspective, I would say that it falls on both. Fort Hill (and Fairmont, Clearfield, etc..) chose to not honor the contract so that obviously falls on their shoulders. With that being said, why do teams continue to back out of these contracts? Because each and every one of them knows that there is basically no recourse for their actions. Now that falls on the State Associations for allowing teams to enter into "contracts" that clearly hold little to no legal weight. If they were legal, there would be some sort of remediation coming to the "innocent" parties in these back outs. No matter who you blame, the schools, the associations or both, the ones that really get screwed in all of this are the kids. If it's "all about the kids" like it should be, the schools and the state associations should be setting better examples. Football, and sports in general, are more than just a game and can and should be used to teach life lessons. The schools should man up and honor their contracts regardless of what the outcome of the game is going to be. The associations need to grow back bones and show everyone that actions have consequences.

As for the better teams having trouble scheduling games, I don't doubt that one bit. A few years ago I traveled to Delaware to watch Linganore and next year I will be traveling to New Jersey to watch them. Do you really think Linganore went out of their way to schedule these games? From what I heard coming from Penns Grove's half of the press box during this years game, I can pretty much say this game was a last resort. They were not happy to be playing that game one bit (literally the one coach said "this game is meaningless, I don't even know why we are playing it") and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if I don't end up having to make that trek to NJ this year. And there again, what type of example does that set?

This wouldn't even be a big deal if Big Red Nation had not been so sanctimonious when other schools dropped them. But they were very clear the other schools were setting a poor example for their kids, and the other schools coaching staffs had character flaws and were lacking in personal integrity, etc. If Silver Oak can line up every year outmanned knowing in advance they are going to take a beating, but FH backs out of an opportunity to compete, what does that say about the program as a whole? Which program is teaching their players a better life lesson?

The other myth that they can't repeat any more is how hard it is to find games. You can't repeatedly drop games and whine about open dates. Anyone associated with FH should be embarrassed to criticize Martinsburg's schedule.

Last edited:
This wouldn't even be a big deal if Big Red Nation had not been so sanctimonious when other schools dropped them. But they were very clear they other schools were setting a poor example for their kids, and the other schools coaching staffs had character flaws and were lacking in personal integrity, etc. If Silver Oak can line up every year outmanned knowing in advance they are going to take a beating, but FH backs out of an opportunity compete, what does that say about the program as a whole? Which program is teaching their players a better life lesson?

The other myth that they can't repeat any more is how hard it is to find games. You can't repeatedly drop games and whine about open dates. Anyone associated with FH should be embarrassed to criticize Martinsburg's schedule.
Yep, it's not what FH did, it's the apologists who slut shame every other program, while their own daughter gets ridden more than the village bicycle.

From an outsiders perspective, I would say that it falls on both. Fort Hill (and Fairmont, Clearfield, etc..) chose to not honor the contract so that obviously falls on their shoulders. With that being said, why do teams continue to back out of these contracts? Because each and every one of them knows that there is basically no recourse for their actions. Now that falls on the State Associations for allowing teams to enter into "contracts" that clearly hold little to no legal weight. If they were legal, there would be some sort of remediation coming to the "innocent" parties in these back outs. No matter who you blame, the schools, the associations or both, the ones that really get screwed in all of this are the kids. If it's "all about the kids" like it should be, the schools and the state associations should be setting better examples. Football, and sports in general, are more than just a game and can and should be used to teach life lessons. The schools should man up and honor their contracts regardless of what the outcome of the game is going to be. The associations need to grow back bones and show everyone that actions have consequences.

As for the better teams having trouble scheduling games, I don't doubt that one bit. A few years ago I traveled to Delaware to watch Linganore and next year I will be traveling to New Jersey to watch them. Do you really think Linganore went out of their way to schedule these games? From what I heard coming from Penns Grove's half of the press box during this years game, I can pretty much say this game was a last resort. They were not happy to be playing that game one bit (literally the one coach said "this game is meaningless, I don't even know why we are playing it") and it wouldn't surprise me in the least if I don't end up having to make that trek to NJ this year. And there again, what type of example does that set?

Couldnt' have said that better. Everyone involved with these dumping of contracts needs to be held accountable including FH and all the state committees for allowing it to happen.

FYI, Penns Grove called FH about playing that mid-October date. I was wondering if their deal with Linganore was a one year deal. They do return their running back Nasir Robinson who ran for over 1600 yards last year. He has a handful of D1 offers. What did you think of him?

For those that don't know...Penns Grove beat Linganore 34-6 last year in Frederick. It was the only regular season loss for the Lancers who went on to be defeated by Damascus in the 3A title match in Annapolis. Penns Grove is out of Carney's Point, NJ just outside of Philly.

Also, scheduling bombs went off today in WV. Going to be interesting. Doors open, let er fly and see where it lands. Some interesting opportunities to say the least. Sorry, that's all I have. Will fill everyone in when the deals are done no matter how it shakes out. Just a lot of scrambling and chaos.

Yep, it's not what FH did, it's the apologists who slut shame every other program, while their own daughter gets ridden more than the village bicycle.

We dont usually agree on much at all, but spot on, sir. I think for the most part, even though I'm as diehard FH fan as they come, I've been pretty fair when talking about issues involving Big Red. But this one has me pretty fired up. And it's because of what a few others have said, you can't claim to be high and mighty when someone does you wrong and then do it too. The analogy about punching someone is non-sensical. This isn't about FH screwing CP, because CP did something to them. This is FH screwing CP, for no reason at all.

Because any other team screwed over FH is 100% completely irrelevant, and in no way shape or form exonerates FH for the bullshit move they pulled on Cathedral Prep. No other team needs to be mentioned in this thread at all, aside from FH or CP. Period.

We dont usually agree on much at all, but spot on, sir. I think for the most part, even though I'm as diehard FH fan as they come, I've been pretty fair when talking about issues involving Big Red. But this one has me pretty fired up. And it's because of what a few others have said, you can't claim to be high and mighty when someone does you wrong and then do it too. The analogy about punching someone is non-sensical. This isn't about FH screwing CP, because CP did something to them. This is FH screwing CP, for no reason at all.

Because any other team screwed over FH is 100% completely irrelevant, and in no way shape or form exonerates FH for the bullshit move they pulled on Cathedral Prep. No other team needs to be mentioned in this thread at all, aside from FH or CP. Period.

Yes other teams need mentioned in this thread. Yes the CP game is on FH. But you are now being like many whereas you expect FH to continue to bend over and take it over and over and over and say oh well every time. If you chose to ignore that other teams are dicking FH around over and over, then you are part of the cyclical problem and FH will continue to get dicked around. At what point do you put a stop to it all? The answer is you wouldnt and kids just keep getting screwed. You don't see anyone else around here having contracts dropped on them.

I don't lIke it either, it's absolutely cowardly. But you offer no ideas or solutions, only thoughts about how FH should bend over and take it over and over.

I know that you absolutely have been fair on this topic.

The punching analogy came from someone saying that FH did this to CP because Hedgesville did it to FH. All I was saying there was do something to Hedgesville, not CP.
You dont do something to someone out of spite, just because a completely different person did it to you.

But you offer no ideas or solutions, only thoughts about how FH should bend over and take it over and over.
And the only solution you've offered is that FH do it to everyone over and over. You haven't listened to what anyone has said. You've just continuously cried about how it's been done to FH, which as everyone else has said, has nothing to do with what happened.

Yes other teams need mentioned in this thread. Yes the CP game is on FH. But you are now being like many whereas you expect FH to continue to bend over and take it over and over and over and say oh well every time. If you chose to ignore that other teams are dicking FH around over and over, then you are part of the cyclical problem and FH will continue to get dicked around. At what point do you put a stop to it all? The answer is you wouldnt and kids just keep getting screwed. You don't see anyone else around here having contracts dropped on them.

I don't lIke it either, it's absolutely cowardly. But you offer no ideas or solutions, only thoughts about how FH should bend over and take it over and over.

The solution to stopping a bad behavior isn't mimicing it. It's not repeating it.
FH droppingCP will not stop others from doing it to them. In fact it will probably make it worse. FH didn't need to drop CP to prove a point. They didn't want to play the game and decided to give in to the dark side. That's not cool. And not justified.

Not much more I can say on it.

And the only solution you've offered is that FH do it to everyone over and over. You haven't listened to what anyone has said. You've just continuously cried about how it's been done to FH, which as everyone else has said, has nothing to do with what happened.

Thanks for proving you only read what you want to read. I have cried about FH dropping CP and even called FH chickenshit. It's all chickenshit.

The solution to stopping a bad behavior isn't mimicing it. It's not repeating it.
FH droppingCP will not stop others from doing it to them. In fact it will probably make it worse. FH didn't need to drop CP to prove a point. They didn't want to play the game and decided to give in to the dark side. That's not cool. And not justified.

Not much more I can say on it.

None of this is about stopping bad behavior. It's about everyone looking out for their own self interests while ignoring what it means for other people and their kids. This thing called GREED exists everywhere in this discussion to the point where you can join it or die by it.

Not just the dropping of contracts either. The dark side goes way deeper than just contracts. Why do you think FH has to dig into Erie, Florida and Canada in the first place? It's all a joke.

Worst thing here is that I openly have called FH out and they deserve it. Now why cant posters do the same for other teams that dick FH over? Too funny. I'm not so blinded whereas to ignore the fact FH gets dumped on twice this level. You can ignore it all you want. Greed is a two way street now and it all of the sudden only bothers people because FH did it.

You won't find people like OneRing say a peep when a team like Clearfield makes FH travel 3 hours then tells them to get lost without paying them a dime. Those same people make 30 posts when FH does it. Except FH at least paid the other team. Amazing world.

It’s all an issue of today’s society. commitment and words don’t mean as much anymore. People aren’t held accountable either. I’ll bet Fort Hill would honor a two-year contract with Hancock and Hundred if . I’ve always been on Todd Appels bandwagon. Now he needs to shut up about all of the criticism and take it like a man or retire

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Its mind numbing to read that the only rational for FH being dishonest is that "we should punch people not responsible for punching us and "Now why cant posters (call out) do the same for other teams that dick FH over?" When the title of the thread is FH drops Cathederal Prep.
Where's the face palm emoji when you need it? Please for the love of us all actually think about what you're saying before you type a response..

Last edited:
Reactions: OneRing
Its mind numbing to read that the only rational for FH being dishonest is that "we should punch people punch people not responsible for punching us and "Now why cant posters (call out) do the same for other teams that dick FH over?" Where's the face palm emoji when you need it? Please for the love of us all actually think about what you're saying before you type a response..

I just dont get the whole focus on what other teams did to FH chant from the peanut gallery. No one here disagrees that its BS when teams do that to FH. It sucks. But the LAST thing I would ever think of as a result of that would be that FH will now do the same thing. Highly disappointing, but not terribly unsurprising. Second rate.

I just dont get the whole focus on what other teams did to FH chant from the peanut gallery. No one here disagrees that its BS when teams do that to FH. It sucks. But the LAST thing I would ever think of as a result of that would be that FH will now do the same thing. Highly disappointing, but not terribly unsurprising. Second rate.

Totally agree! Other than to distract from our own negative behavior what does pointing fingers at others accomplish? It goes without saying that if its dishonorable for FH to do it then its dishonorable for others to do it. To say others are doing it so we should do it also is likened to saying others are shooting up so we should also. If drug abuse is wrong why on earth would you partake in it to prove that its wrong? Finally, there's a saying from someone who alot of people profess to follow with their lips but their thoughts and actions prove otherwise. It goes like "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."

Did anyone miss that "Thou hypocrite" part which is what we've been saying this whole time? Maybe the reason why some of us choose not to point fingers at other teams is because we're astute enough to realize maybe FH should stop doing it first or not partake in it before we criticize others.

Last edited:
Reactions: FHHSAHS
Also, scheduling bombs went off today in WV. Going to be interesting. Doors open, let er fly and see where it lands. Some interesting opportunities to say the least. Sorry, that's all I have. Will fill everyone in when the deals are done no matter how it shakes out. Just a lot of scrambling and chaos.
-------------------------------
I bet I can name 2 of these bombs that broke in WV
I once again had a major role in one of them in AAA getting solved

I'll keep the AA one to myself until I see how it all works out for 4 schools, 3 WV and 1 out of WV school

Boo Hoo Hoo, I can't believe FH is doing what other teams do. Hahahaha.
Being alumni of FH i don't want to believe they are doing this i didn't like it with Friendship. Like i have said before if you lose so what but honor your word. Don't be a coward.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT