ADVERTISEMENT

LMAO. FH drops Cathederal Prep.

We all new that, last time they lost to a decent team they dropped them to right without finishing the two years out. Think it was a team from or around DC.

Great news... why play a team that is 4 levels higher than what you are! And to drive 5 hours away to get stomped.. good call fort hill!

No honor and very hypocritical... If this is true i'm done following FH until they get a new administration with a backbone... I hope this isn't true...

Very hypocritical, if true. Pretty much negates any room whatsoever to say one word ever about scheduling. It's one thing to not schedule good teams and complain about no teams wanting to play you - but it's a joke to schedule a good team and then drop them because they beat you. I'm really really hoping this is just WeHaveNotWonAnythingInaLongTime making stuff up.

Very hypocritical, if true. Pretty much negates any room whatsoever to say one word ever about scheduling. It's one thing to not schedule good teams and complain about no teams wanting to play you - but it's a joke to schedule a good team and then drop them because they beat you. I'm really really hoping this is just WeHaveNotWonAnythingInaLongTime making stuff up.

I'm trying not to jump the gun or to any conclusions before this is confirmed. But its very disheartening if true. What a message for teachers and administrators to send to the youth of how to dishonor commitments, look for the easy way out, and be hypocritical...

Yeah, like I said - while I would be sorely disappointed, but not entirely surprised if this was true - I'm waiting to hear from one of the Todd's to verify or deny this claim.

Yeah, like I said - while I would be sorely disappointed, but not entirely surprised if this was true - I'm waiting to hear from one of the Todd's to verify or deny this claim.

I was almost certain it was true because if it wasn’t true Todd H would have jumped in immediately and debunked it. But WeHave8 is correct, according to CP, "at this moment", Fort Hill is officially off the schedule this season

Last edited:
This is Unreal... Hopefully Untrue
I mean You can't complain about Clearfield not returning a game and then drop Friendship Collegiate and Cathedral Prep. smh
I would like to know what the deal was? was it Home and Home and Both Team pay their own way and if so that's horrible and The State of PIAA should step in and tell their Schools not to play Fort Hill at all but again I'm hoping this is untrue.
Will Appel remain The Head Coach? I mean there has been so many rumors, I wouldn't blame him as it's a tough job to Coach High School football in Cumberland with really next to no pay for doing so. I was really confused by his final interview after the Catoctin game, I do think he is the best Fort Hill Coach in the History of The School.
If He decides to retire who gets the Job?
What is really crazy to me is that they are starting a new Conference with 5 Teams, Really what is the point in a 5 Team League?

Reactions: OneRing
This is Unreal... Hopefully Untrue
I mean You can't complain about Clearfield not returning a game and then drop Friendship Collegiate and Cathedral Prep. smh
I would like to know what the deal was? was it Home and Home and Both Team pay their own way and if so that's horrible and The State of PIAA should step in and tell their Schools not to play Fort Hill at all but again I'm hoping this is untrue.
Will Appel remain The Head Coach? I mean there has been so many rumors, I wouldn't blame him as it's a tough job to Coach High School football in Cumberland with really next to no pay for doing so. I was really confused by his final interview after the Catoctin game, I do think he is the best Fort Hill Coach in the History of The School.
If He decides to retire who gets the Job?
What is really crazy to me is that they are starting a new Conference with 5 Teams, Really what is the point in a 5 Team League?

Yea like complaining makes teams play each other. What comes around goes around.

I don't know this story yet with CP. But I know Hedgesville bailed and then Hollidaysburg told FH they might bail on a signed contract as well and FH shoveled some things around.

If this is in fact true, Oakdale is seeking a game Week 3 at home as TJ is no longer on their schedule and they were supposed to be at Oakdale for the 2020 season. Around a 2 hr drive, both teams are historically good and big stands. Oakdale would return the favor in 2021 playing at Greenway.

If this is true, than FH fans shouldn't criticize other schools for dropping or not wanting to play them. So much for the new regional playoff encouraging "tougher" regular season opponents. Or is that just required for the smaller schools?

Reactions: bigsavage
If this is in fact true, Oakdale is seeking a game Week 3 at home as TJ is no longer on their schedule and they were supposed to be at Oakdale for the 2020 season. Around a 2 hr drive, both teams are historically good and big stands. Oakdale would return the favor in 2021 playing at Greenway.

Yes, FH vs Oakdale makes perfect sense for a home and home series but FH doesn't want this type of game. This is going to be an extremely tough game for FH because they won't be able to run the ball every down against them and FH doesn't have an effective passing attack. You will never see FH against Oakdale, Middletown, Linganore, etc.

If this is true, than FH fans shouldn't criticize other schools for dropping or not wanting to play them. So much for the new regional playoff encouraging "tougher" regular season opponents. Or is that just required for the smaller schools?
You are 100% right. I'm shocked Allegany hasn't dropped them. If I'm any local school and read any crap about FH scheduling I start dropping the names of the teams like Friendship and CP and that should really shut down the conversation immediately.

Yes, FH vs Oakdale makes perfect sense for a home and home series but FH doesn't want this type of game. This is going to be an extremely tough game for FH because they won't be able to run the ball every down against them and FH doesn't have an effective passing attack. You will never see FH against Oakdale, Middletown, Linganore, etc.
I agree with you also. Until a FH offense steps into this century they know they can't beat those teams so they won't schedule them. There's always somebody who will claim Appel is the best coach ever but until he shows he can adapt and change I think that's just crazy talk. We saw what Catoctin did to Dunbar, so the old "they recruit" crap just doesn't cut it anymore. It's about coaching, not recruiting.

Reactions: BoyznBlue

If some people here were smart enough to peek at open date boards they would see what weeks FH needs. Week 3 isn't one of them. What other Frederick County schools are open for those weeks FH needs?

FH coach told me they asked Crossland, Gwynn Park, Dundalk and Flowers again for a game when they all had the same open date. They all said no way. Big surprise.

If some people here were smart enough to peek at open date boards they would see what weeks FH needs. Week 3 isn't one of them. What other Frederick County schools are open for those weeks FH needs?

FH coach told me they asked Crossland, Gwynn Park, Dundalk and Flowers again for a game when they all had the same open date. They all said no way. Big surprise.

Those dates listed should be Week 2 and Week 8. TJ would have played Tuscarora and Catoctin in those slots this year so those would be the 2 best bets to have open dates at the same time.

Calvert Hall asked FH for a game. FH said NO.

The other three teams are a possibility but he lied to you about Flowers. I asked the Flowers staff myself several times and they said nobody from FH has ever contacted them.

The issue isn't a Week 3 opening this year, or any one year, it's a policy they've had during the entire Appel era. If you remember Middletown reached out to FH three years ago (I can show you the thread where it was discussed on this board). If FH really wanted that game it could have been made by now. FH doesn't want that game. But then they keep repeating the same tired story that they can't find games because nobody will play them. So you understand why Helmick has a difficult task. There are schools that don't want to play FH, and there are schools that FH doesn't want to play, so they end up with the same Silver Oak, Capitol Christian schedule every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneRing
I remember them playing SO, but what was the score of the Capitol Christian game this year?

The issue isn't with FH not wanting to play larger schools or private schools, especially ones 5 hours away, everyone picks and chooses opponents, the issue is the recurring theme of FH dropping opponents every time they get thumped. You can't play the victim when you yourself are dropping games you agreed to previously. There are always logistics excuses and sometimes it is a mutual decision to end a contract but the optics are the FH will drop anyone that beats them or that they can't dominate.

I am going to get some concrete answers before I start bashing FH's reputation over this unconfirmed (as of now) rumor.

The issue isn't with FH not wanting to play larger schools or private schools, especially ones 5 hours away, everyone picks and chooses opponents, the issue is the recurring theme of FH dropping opponents every time they get thumped. You can't play the victim when you yourself are dropping games you agreed to previously. There are always logistics excuses and sometimes it is a mutual decision to end a contract but the optics are the FH will drop anyone that beats them or that they can't dominate.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Extemely hypocritical. Where are you and others on the threads where Hedgesville dropped FH in the middle of a contract? Exactly. Not one single response on that thread two spots down. Where were all these absent posters when Fairmont Heights, North Hagerstown and Clearfield all dropped FH in the middle of a contract? All those before FH ever dropped a single contract. Where are the posters who think it's tough shit Keyser won't play FH but plays MR and Alco? Where was loco09 when BW dropped FH in football the last 16 years they had a program. Now all of the sudden its an outrage FH wont play them in boys hoops. Exactly. Now your going to call FH out for doing exactly what has been done to them numerous times.

**** all you haters. FH owes nobody squat. What comes around goes around. Now back to preparing for another title run.

Thank god FH administrators finally found a spine and refuse to let every one else dictate how it's going to be.

Last edited:
The other three teams are a possibility but he lied to you about Flowers. I asked the Flowers staff myself several times and they said nobody from FH has ever contacted them.

The issue isn't a Week 3 opening this year, or any one year, it's a policy they've had during the entire Appel era. If you remember Middletown reached out to FH three years ago (I can show you the thread where it was discussed on this board). If FH really wanted that game it could have been made by now. FH doesn't want that game. But then they keep repeating the same tired story that they can't find games because nobody will play them. So you understand why Helmick has a difficult task. There are schools that don't want to play FH, and there are schools that FH doesn't want to play, so they end up with the same Silver Oak, Capitol Christian schedule every year.

Yes you must be correct that the FH AD lied. Should have checked their list of 200 emails to other MPSSAA schools asking for games so I was told. None of those schools I listed wanted any parts of playing FH. Including Flowers for the 2nd time in the past 5 years. It was discussed on this board by Helmick multiple times about Flowers avoiding the game. No surprise they would do it again. Same with Crossland, Dundalk and Gwynn Park.

Boyz is correct though in that teams avoid better comp. But it seems to him FH is the only one guilty of saying no to better comp. I can list 10 times the amount of teams that won't play FH as opposed to teams FH will say no to. Do you not understand this? If you don't accept this as reality then you are FH blind.

FH had no business playing CP. No 1A school in the MPSSAA does. Nor do they. Why the double standard for FH?

You are just proving my post accurate, of course it's not right for those teams to drop FH in the middle of contracts, but you can't complain when FH does the same thing when they lose. I said FH shouldn't be playing CP, or DeMatha, or Martinsburg even, there's no easy solution to the schedule problem. As for BW and FH the last 10 years of the series FH won by an average score of 44-6 with 5 shutouts but BW kept playing until the numbers of kids dropped so low, hardly the same as FH dropping Friendship after one loss.

FH had no business playing CP. No 1A school in the MPSSAA does. Nor do they. Why the double standard for FH?

Then why take the game?

There is no double standard from the posters, the double standard is coming from FH if this happens to be true. Again IF this is true, the bottom line would be that FH made a commitment and reneged on it. That makes them no classier or better than any other team that has ever done so to them. I've always tried to convince myself that FH had some integrity. That means doing whats right and honoring your commitments. Even when others take shortcuts or do it wrong. IF (a huge fat IF) this is true, FH has shown their integrity is as weak as anyone else's. That's not what champions strive to be. You can't claim yourself as a class program, and do the same squirrely shit that other teams do.

You are just proving my post accurate, of course it's not right for those teams to drop FH in the middle of contracts, but you can't complain when FH does the same thing when they lose. I said FH shouldn't be playing CP, or DeMatha, or Martinsburg even, there's no easy solution to the schedule problem. As for BW and FH the last 10 years of the series FH won by an average score of 44-6 with 5 shutouts but BW kept playing until the numbers of kids dropped so low, hardly the same as FH dropping Friendship after one loss.

But I am not complaining when FH does the same thing by dropping teams in the middle of a contract. You are. It was done to FH several times before FH ever did such a thing. But no posting about those obviously. I dont see your two cents in that thread. What comes around goes around finally.

It's funny that everytime a team like BW won't play FH it's different. Yes it's different alright. Friendship isn't a Cumberland City League school and FH doesn't recruit D1 basketball players from around the globe. Which only proves the accuracy of my post. If you can't beat them, drop them. Just like everyone does to FH. Folks are just mad because FH is finally treating others the way they get treated. No double standard here.

You have no clue what you are talking about. Extemely hypocritical. Where are you and others on the threads where Hedgesville dropped FH in the middle of a contract? Exactly. Not one single response on that thread two spots down. Where were all these absent posters when Fairmont Heights, North Hagerstown and Clearfield all dropped FH in the middle of a contract? All those before FH ever dropped a single contract. Where are the posters who think it's tough shit Keyser won't play FH but plays MR and Alco? Where was loco09 when BW dropped FH in football the last 16 years they had a program. Now all of the sudden its an outrage FH wont play them in boys hoops. Exactly. Now your going to call FH out for doing exactly what has been done to them numerous times.

**** all you haters. FH owes nobody squat. What comes around goes around. Now back to preparing for another title run.

Thank god FH administrators finally found a spine and refuse to let every one else dictate how it's going to be.
Pot, allow me to introduce you to kettle. You two will get along fine.
So then where are you now after crying and bitching and tearing up every opponent who has ever dropped FH? Do you really need reminded how Sentinel slurpers like yourself still get on Keyser for not playing FH? Apparently. Why do you cheer now when FH does the same thing?q

I know you've appointed yourself protector of all things Red, but all you're doing here is reminding everyone how your feelings dont care about the facts.

Fort Hill is chicken shit for dropping Prep. It's ok to admit because its true. No one is going to revoke your Sentinel Justice Warrior card for admitting that.
Thanks for putting your hypocrisy on full display for everyone, though. It shows the true depth of your bias.

Reactions: bigsavage
Then why take the game?

There is no double standard from the posters, the double standard is coming from FH if this happens to be true. Again IF this is true, the bottom line would be that FH made a commitment and reneged on it. That makes them no classier or better than any other team that has ever done so to them. I've always tried to convince myself that FH had some integrity. That means doing whats right and honoring your commitments. Even when others take shortcuts or do it wrong. IF (a huge fat IF) this is true, FH has shown their integrity is as weak as anyone else's. That's not what champions strive to be. You can't claim yourself as a class program, and do the same squirrely shit that other teams do.

Yes I agree. FH is as guilty as everyone else. They are not full of class anymore than the next team.

Pot, allow me to introduce you to kettle. You two will get along fine.
So then where are you now after crying and bitching and tearing up every opponent who has ever dropped FH? Do you really need reminded how Sentinel slurpers like yourself still get on Keyser for not playing FH? Apparently. Why do you cheer now when FH does the same thing?q

I know you've appointed yourself protector of all things Red, but all you're doing here is reminding everyone how your feelings dont care about the facts.

Fort Hill is chicken shit for dropping Prep. It's ok to admit because its true. No one is going to revoke your Sentinel Justice Warrior card for admitting that.
Thanks for putting your hypocrisy on full display for everyone, though. It shows the true depth of your bias.

Agree 100%. FH is chicken shit for dropping CP. No dispute there as with Friendship. Although I would wait to see what the FH schedule cat drags in before crying who is afraid of competition. Because the new addition I just heard was ranked higher than CP last year.

Keyser is chicken shit for dropping FH. No dispute there either.

Martinsburg is chicken shit for refusing to play a good nearby private school from the DC area.

Hedgesville, Fairmont Heights, North Hagerstown, Clearfield, FH --- Shame on all of them. This is the world we live in and no one is void of being chicken shit.

The chicken shit circle never ends. Horrible.

Best news I’ve seen on this board in a long time
How's this the best news all this shows is they are going back on their word and being cowards. And pretty much telling the kids they aint good enough. Personally i hope this is as much a bag of shit as the author of this thread.If its true then like i said cowards

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Yes you must be correct that the FH AD lied. Should have checked their list of 200 emails to other MPSSAA schools asking for games so I was told. None of those schools I listed wanted any parts of playing FH. Including Flowers for the 2nd time in the past 5 years. It was discussed on this board by Helmick multiple times about Flowers avoiding the game. No surprise they would do it again. Same with Crossland, Dundalk and Gwynn Park.

Helmick has said FH isn't looking at 4A teams. Appel would never approve this game any way. But you can simply call Flowers right now or reach out to them via social media and it will end this debate. Please post your findings on this board.

Helmick has said FH isn't looking at 4A teams. Appel would never approve this game any way. But you can simply call Flowers right now or reach out to them via social media and it will end this debate. Please post your findings on this board.

Ask Helmick about him asking Flowers for a game when they were even advertising it on the open dates board. Or reach out to him on social media and it will end this debate. I read it here as did you.

If you doNT belive it's true look at the current open dates board. See Crossland, Dundalk and CM Wright on there with the same open dates. 2A and 3A schools. They were all asked trust me.

If they beat FH, then FH drops them.... why would they want to schedule FH knowing there is a good chance they will get dropped

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT