ADVERTISEMENT

Lackey / Alco

As I have stated before, I spoke with two Melbourne coaches after the game.They were very complimentary of Fort Hill. They never once mentioned officiating. They did say that they clearly weren't ready for that type of atmosphere. They even apologized for the actions of their head coach. If you were there, you know what I'm talking about.

Boyz just has an agenda against FH. He has often brought up games of years past. On another message board, Damascus comes under the same criticisms Fort Hill does here. Weak schedule, home cooking, ranked too high in the state poll,ravenous fans, etc. He also posts there under a different name, yet he has never criticized Damascus. But the minute FH is mentioned there, he posts the same things he does here.

Same question: this is a Allegany/Lackey thread. Why are you talking about FH/Melbourne? Read from the top and see who took the conversation away from the original topic and ask yourself why.

Now I have an agenda against FH? FH hasn't defeated a Top 25 Maryland school in 13 years. That's a fact. Sorry if you don't like that. I've said good things about FH consistently on this board and social media, etc. Why are you even talking about Damascus?

Reactions: OneRing
What are you doing posting links about refs at the Melbourne game? This is an AlCo Lackey thread as you say. Cant practice what you preach.

The thing with Boyz is that he continually repeats the same anti FH subjects over and over for years. His top repeated lists:

1. The refs / Melbourne game
2. FH never beaten a Top 25 Maryland team
3. 1A competition can't compare to higher class competition
4. FH refused to play Lackey and Dunbar because someone posted it in this board.
5. FH doesn't put any kids into college
6. Melbourne, Friendship, Sherando, Cathedral Prep are over rated.

No, he's not a hater. Every thread he types on is about FH and we are the ones he's pointing a finger at. LOL.

Raise your hand if you have read Boyz post about the above topics more than 10 times in the last 5 years.

Brian you're desperately reaching and making yourself look bad. Stop while you're behind. This is a Allegany/Lackey thread. You started talking about FH. And you ALSO started talking about Melbourne.

Boyz, what is the name of this forum you are in? Yes we all talk Alco and FH football on nearly every thread. Hence the name Western Maryland Football forum. You bring up FH football on BW basketball threads. You are discussing FH right now here. So why call others out for what you continuously do as well?

You make good points sometimes but not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Same question: this is a Allegany/Lackey thread. Why are you talking about FH/Melbourne? Read from the top and see who took the conversation away from the original topic and ask yourself why.

Now I have an agenda against FH? FH hasn't defeated a Top 25 Maryland school in 13 years. That's a fact. Sorry if you don't like that. I've said good things about FH consistently on this board and social media, etc. Why are you even talking about Damascus?

Why did I mention FH/Melbourne in an Allegany thread? Because YOU mentioned FH/Melbourne in an Allegany thread. I don't care if FH hasn't played a top 25 Maryland school (in a poll that you have said before is bogus). The question was why haven't you criticized Damascus when others have claimed that they are guilty of the same things you have said about FH here.

Boyz, what is the name of this forum you are in? Yes we all talk Alco and FH football on nearly every thread. Hence the name Western Maryland Football forum. You bring up FH football on BW basketball threads. You are discussing FH right now here. So why call others out for what you continuously do as well?

You make good points sometimes but not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Nope, you're still reaching. The only reason we're talking FH is because you brought it up. Like I said, it's easy to read from the beginning and see it was you who went off topic. I guess it made you mad we were talking about Allegany.

And you can't find one thread where I went off topic in someone else's thread. It only happened one time and when it was brought to my attention I went back and deleted my comments.

Why did I mention FH/Melbourne in an Allegany thread? Because YOU mentioned FH/Melbourne in an Allegany thread. I don't care if FH hasn't played a top 25 Maryland school (in a poll that you have said before is bogus). The question was why haven't you criticized Damascus when others have claimed that they are guilty of the same things you have said about FH here.

Brian brought the Melbourne game into the conversation for some reason I can't understand.

Damascus isn't really an equivalent because they have to face Top 20 Maryland schools in the playoffs. There may have been one or two years where they didn't but it wasn't 13 years. They're playing Quince Orchard this Saturday.

Last edited:
This isn’t a good excuse though because very few schools can pick their own schedule like FH does every year and then play those Eastern Shore schools in the 1A playoffs. In the other classifications they have to play a tough regular season schedule and then have a dogfight in the playoffs. Yes, you get banged up, Yes, you have to play physical teams. That’s reality

Every Team Can Pick Their Schedule if they Choose to do that. No Team Has to be in a League. I'm sure FH would prefer to be in a league and not have to go get so many outside of the area games but that's not gonna happen.

Every Team Can Pick Their Schedule if they Choose to do that. No Team Has to be in a League. I'm sure FH would prefer to be in a league and not have to go get so many outside of the area games but that's not gonna happen.

He likes to bring up other classifications. As if everyone doesn't already know 1A is the smallest. Makes him feel good that Cumberland has shrunk I guess.

Same question for you. This is a Allegany/Lackey thread. Why are you choosing this forum to discuss FH?

My offer stands: $100 - put your money where your mouth is.

I will take that bet. The difference in the number of penalties called will be less than 3 either way. That is because both Cathedral Prep and FH are very well coached.

I will also bet that the refs won't watch FH put up 500 yards rushing against Cathedral Prep like the team from Florida did.

I have another offer: $500 that Fort Hill goes to Erie next year - wanna put your money where your mouth is?

Looks like the league will be formed. Local teams a priority factoring travel costs I guess. I scratch my head over the level of education, so why should the level of competition make any sense.

FH was in the CVAL and they made the decision to leave.

He likes to bring up other classifications. As if everyone doesn't already know 1A is the smallest. Makes him feel good that Cumberland has shrunk I guess.

This is a Allegany/Lackey thread. Reading from the top everyone was talking about the game until you wanted to talk about the FH playoff game from 2017. Then you brought up the Melbourne game yet again. Then you accused me of bringing up the same stuff all the time. This should have remained a conversation about the original topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneRing
I will take that bet. The difference in the number of penalties called will be less than 3 either way. That is because both Cathedral Prep and FH are very well coached.

I will also bet that the refs won't watch FH put up 500 yards rushing against Cathedral Prep like the team from Florida did.

I have another offer: $500 that Fort Hill goes to Erie next year - wanna put your money where your mouth is?

My bet is that Cathedral Prep is called for more penalties than Fort Hill - $100

We can bet number of penalties or yardage. Put your money where your mouth is.

FH was in the CVAL and they made the decision to leave.
yeah and back then it was for a good reason. They were forming a local league and getting to play Frankfort, Hampshire, Keyser, Allegany, Mountain Ridge, Southern and Northern. The CVAL at the time for many years Was Martinsburg & Fort Hill and the others Jefferson, Hedgesville & Musselman were really bad for years and years and not worth the ride for football and also saved money in all sports and at the time was a Good Move Except for losing Martinsburg.
I don't think anyone seen Frankfort, Hampshire & Northern dropping them, especially so soon.
Then Southern did and it was on again off again.
I also don't think 5 years ago anyone thought Keyser would ever drop Fort Hill.

Also lets not forget back in the 2007 Season when it happened they kept Jefferson on the Schedule that year. They lost Martinsburg from the Schedule the only other good Team in the CVAL but added Frederick Douglass and had a road trip to the Eastern shore at Cambridge - South Dorchester. Keyser & Allegany

2008 they had a great game Baltimore City College along with Frederick Douglass & Cambridge - South Dorchester. also Dunbar DC which turned out to be a nightmare. Keyser & Allegany

2009 Martinsburg & Jefferson back on the Schedule but added Mount St. Joseph, at Thomas Johnson & at Surrattsville along with Keyser & Allegany

2010 Martinsburg & Jefferson, at Mount St. Joseph, Thomas Johnson & Surrattsville. Keyser & Allegany

the next few years had a lot of PA Schools Central & Chestnut Ridge and some Pittsburgh School that were needed to fill the schedule.

a dismantling of a Defending Champion in PA Clearfield on the road 49-14
also on the schedule at Sherando (which I believe was one of the biggest upsets and comebacks in FH history), Chestnut Ridge, South Hagerstown, Keyser & Allegany.

2016 Sherando, South Hagerstown, Brunswick, Hollidaysburg, Keyser & Allegany

2017 Friendship Collegiate, Serra Catholic, Melbourne Catholic Fla, Hollidaysburg, Keyser & Allegany.

2018 Morgantown, Hollidaysburg & Allegany

2019 Cathedral Prep Erie PA, Morgantown, Hollidaysburg & Allegany

The Newly added Teams haven't been as bad over the years as some people like to think.
The truth is losing Keyser Sucks and We all wish we still played Martinsburg the other CVAL Teams not so much.

Hopefully with the new playoff system we will see a schedule like this someday.

1 Mountain Ridge
2 any of these Berlin PA, Meyserdale, Northern, Frankfort, Central PA
3 Keyser
4 Martinsburg
5 Southern Garrett
6 any of these Sherando, Bridgeport WV, Wheeling Central Catholic, Steubensville Oh.
7 any of these Berlin PA, Meyserdale, Northern, Frankfort, Central PA
8 Hollidaysburg
9 Allegany

any Schedule with Allegany, Keyser, Martinsburg, Sherando and 1 other decent Team would be great because the other 5 games will all be wins 9 out of 10 years.

My bet is that Cathedral Prep is called for more penalties than Fort Hill - $100

We can bet number of penalties or yardage. Put your money where your mouth is.

Is that a double bet then? Penalties and FH going to Erie?

Is that a double bet then? Penalties and FH going to Erie?

I'm not betting on FH going to Erie. That's probably like 50/50. I'm only betting a sure thing. $100 that more penalties will be called against CP. Let me know ASAP because I will be in town this weekend and we can get someone to hold the money for us.

I'm not betting on FH going to Erie. That's probably like 50/50. I'm only betting a sure thing. $100 that more penalties will be called against CP. Let me know ASAP because I will be in town this weekend and we can get someone to hold the money for us.

From my end the going to Erie is a sure bet. The penalties are 50/50.

But I see the penalty totals being very close when CP comes here. Like within 3 calls either way. So if you want to call that refs cheating should FH have like 5 penalties to CP having 7 penaties or vice-versa, more power to you.

But I see the penalty totals being very close when CP comes here. Like within 3 calls either way. So if you want to call that refs cheating should FH have like 5 penalties to CP having 7 penaties or vice-versa, more power to you.

If CP has two penalties and FH one, he would still call it refs cheating.

Reactions: BoyznBlue

We'll see on game day. Just for the record, my offer still stands and nobody has taken the bet yet. That pretty much tells you what we already know is going to happen.

I would never take that bet if it was a Baltimore or DC area team coming here. The majority of those teams are so unorganized that just getting the snap off before the play clock expires is a win.

How many penalties did Lackey have last week again? Not that it mattered but Someone said it would have been a blow out with out them..

FH going to Erie next yr. is 100% with the new playoff format.. We will now finally see these type of games on a regular basis.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT