ADVERTISEMENT

Lackey / Alco

Second half was much better for Alco. They were kind of wearing the Lackey defense down, but fumbles prevented any type of serious comeback. Lackey is a good squad, Alco has work to do but they have something to build on.
did lackey have any fumbles or interceptions?

Lackey fumbled once, no interceptions. Allegany didn’t have any defenders covering the receiver to intercept lol

Reactions: BoyznBlue
The opposite is true. FH went into the championship well prepared to play a team like Dunbar. FH lost because of a handful of outstanding plays made by individual efforts on the Dunbar side.

That game gets replayed in this forum a lot. But the game never changes... just the excuses. Just take the first Dunbar touchdown that was almost a FH sack... the outstanding effort to get the pass off and great individual run to score. Then... take the final interception by Dunbar.... great catch when FH still had plenty of time to go down the field and snatch victory from defeat.

FH was in no way crippled.... in fact, they were well prepared and experienced.

Incidentally.... there.... red-jackets.... didn't FH have a game last night? Where is the fuggin' discussion thread on that??????????? Rather, we have the usual other-people's-shit circle-jerkin'.

FH was banged up and physically/mentally wore downin 2017. that is what happens when you bang heads with two physical teams back to back. Lets put it this way, if Dunbar plays Alco and Lackey back to back in 2017 they don't win a title. If you don't believe me take a look at what happened last year for Dunbar. FH cake walked into the title. Their first team didn't even play in the 2nd half during those play off blow outs.

Lackey fumbled once, no interceptions. Allegany didn’t have any defenders covering the receiver to intercept lol

You know, Lackey is one helluva class program, choosing to take a knee on every snap in the second half. I mean, they could have scored at will.

I guess the Times-New reporting is inaccurate.....didn't see that mentioned or any description of how you can get first downs when you take a knee on every play......

https://www.times-news.com/news/all...cle_d102996d-1043-553c-ace6-de25030b9a25.html

Ugh.... I dun unnerstan.... It's been reported that:

...They aren’t even covering all the players when they line up....

Allegany didn’t have any defenders covering the receiver....

as in basically the entire game. So - not having watched the game - I obviously assumed that Lackey chose to stop passing and such... and just took a knee.

How else could Lackey not score the entire second half?

I am trying to get on the program and believe every negative Alco thing I read here.

FH was banged up and physically/mentally wore downin 2017. that is what happens when you bang heads with two physical teams back to back. Lets put it this way, if Dunbar plays Alco and Lackey back to back in 2017 they don't win a title. If you don't believe me take a look at what happened last year for Dunbar. FH cake walked into the title. Their first team didn't even play in the 2nd half during those play off blow outs.

This isn’t a good excuse though because very few schools can pick their own schedule like FH does every year and then play those Eastern Shore schools in the 1A playoffs. In the other classifications they have to play a tough regular season schedule and then have a dogfight in the playoffs. Yes, you get banged up, Yes, you have to play physical teams. That’s reality

This isn’t a good excuse though because very few schools can pick their own schedule like FH does every year and then play those Eastern Shore schools in the 1A playoffs. In the other classifications they have to play a tough regular season schedule and then have a dogfight in the playoffs. Yes, you get banged up, Yes, you have to play physical teams. That’s reality
I’ve said what Brian just said since the game happened and said it again last year. It’s not an excuse but I do think there’s some truth to it. Who ever drew havre de grace in the semis was the odds on favorite to win the title over the last 2 years. Being able to rest your starters in the second half of a semifinal game is a big advantage and FH and Dunbar experienced both ends of it.

I’ve said what Brian just said since the game happened and said it again last year. It’s not an excuse but I do think there’s some truth to it. Who ever drew havre de grace in the semis was the odds on favorite to win the title over the last 2 years. Being able to rest your starters in the second half of a semifinal game is a big advantage and FH and Dunbar experienced both ends of it.

The playoffs are supposed to test you physically and mentally. You guys have been spoiled by playing in 1A. We lost because we had to play physical teams? That’s a really weak excuse. In the other classifications they have to play at least two other Top 20 Maryland teams to win the title.

It's always stunning the way FH rolls over 1A - along with its historic seasonal patsies - only to claim 'poor mouth' anytime they actually have to struggle.

The playoffs are supposed to test you physically and mentally. You guys have been spoiled by playing in 1A. We lost because we had to play physical teams? That’s a really weak excuse. In the other classifications they have to play at least two other Top 20 Maryland teams to win the title.

Not sure why you are talking other classifications again. This is a 1A discussion. The point is Dunbar got the cake walk in 2017 and they win the title. FH got the cake walk in 2018 and wins the title. Get it?

Even if you wish to bring up other classification who the hell did Oakdale beat in the playoffs last year to win a title? They beat Damascus and that was it. Everyone knew the winner of that game had the title in the bag.

Last edited:
Not sure why you are talking other classifications again. This is a 1A discussion. The point is Dunbar got the cake walk in 2017 and they win the title. FH got the cake walk in 2018 and wins the title. Get it?

Even if you wish to bring up other classification who the hell did Oakdale beat in the playoffs last year to win a title? They beat Damascus and that was it. Everyone knew the winner of that game had the title in the bag.

Why are we even talking about FH in a Allegany thread. You brought up the 2017 game for some reason.

We’re talking about other classifications because your excuse for losing is because the playoffs are tough. Yes, the playoffs are tough. In other classifications they have to play Top 20 schools, in 1A they don’t. You sound delusion complaining about physical teams

Why are we even talking about FH in a Allegany thread. You brought up the 2017 game for some reason.

We’re talking about other classifications because your excuse for losing is because the playoffs are tough. Yes, the playoffs are tough. In other classifications they have to play Top 20 schools, in 1A they don’t. You sound delusion complaining about physical teams

That's why it's 1A and that obviously bothers you. Do you evrn know 1A is the smallest class? Why anyone would discuss on this board 100 times for 5 years why 1A is not as good as 2A, 3A, 4A is beyond me.

Not everyone has a tough road in other classifications just like my example of Oakdale.

Last edited:
That's why it's 1A and that obviously bothers you. Do you evrn know 1A is the smallest class? Not everyone has a tough road in other classifications just like my example of Oakdale.

This is a Allegany discussion, just because they are 1A you wanted to bring up a FH playoff game from 2 years ago?

Also using Oakdale is the absolute worst team you could use to make your point. In order for Oakdale to win the title they had to beat four teams that were ranked in the Top 25 last year. Damascus, Glenelg, Linganore and Liberty. This is what happens in the other classifications every year: you have to beat tough physical teams in the playoffs. 1A is a weak classification right now. This is a fact. As I’ve pointed out previously, FH has 5 titles in recent years and they haven’t defeated one Top 25 Maryland school in 13 years.

http://www.mdprepfootball.com/?p=11665

Reactions: cumbfanatic
This is a Allegany discussion, just because they are 1A you wanted to bring up a FH playoff game from 2 years ago?

Also using Oakdale is the absolute worst team you could use to make your point. In order for Oakdale to win the title they had to beat four teams that were ranked in the Top 25 last year. Damascus, Glenelg, Linganore and Liberty. This is what happens in the other classifications every year: you have to beat tough physical teams in the playoffs. 1A is a weak classification right now. This is a fact. As I’ve pointed out previously, FH has 5 titles in recent years and they haven’t defeated one Top 25 Maryland school in 13 years.

LMAO! Says someone who often references games from years past. "they haven’t defeated one Top 25 Maryland school in 13 years." So what? That has nothing to do with winning a state title.

LMAO! Says someone who often references games from years past. "they haven’t defeated one Top 25 Maryland school in 13 years." So what? That has nothing to do with winning a state title.

Another FH person who wants to argue in a Allegany thread

But you’re making my point too. It has nothing to do with winning a 1A state title. If you can win 5 titles and not have to defeat one Top 25 school it shows how weak 1A is.

Reactions: Lagmeister

But FH rarely plays teams from Maryland at all dumbass. We live in WV and PA REALLY. We have been thru this so many times. Sherando and Melbourne were better than many Top 25 Maryland teams. Do you want me to pull those rankings up again?

If FH beats Cathedral Prep you will still cry about that Maryland Top 20 thing. Not smart.

Last edited:

If anyone has any doubt catch the vid and watch MR.

But FH rarely plays teams from Maryland at all dumbass. We live in WV and PA REALLY. We have been thru this so many times. Sherando and Melbourne were better than many Top 25 Maryland teams. Do you want me to pull those rankings up again?

If FH beats Cathedral Prep you will still cry about that Maryland Top 20 thing. Not smart.

Ugh.... you were bitching about FH's road through the playoffs.

Another FH person who wants to argue in a Allegany thread

But you’re making my point too. It has nothing to do with winning a 1A state title. If you can win 5 titles and not have to defeat one Top 25 school it shows how weak 1A is.

Any update on the North Hagerstown - South Hagerstown game?

If anyone has any doubt catch the vid and watch MR.
I did. This is what FH is bringing against CP? Prep will lay 50 on FH, unless FH Alumni refs get involved. Could be more. If you don't believe it, watch CP on film from this year and compare.

I did. This is what FH is bringing against CP? Prep will lay 50 on FH, unless FH Alumni refs get involved. Could be more. If you don't believe it, watch CP on film from this year and compare.

I think MR is what you would expect in 1A. FH is 56 points better than MR and Prep is probably 56 points better than FH. FH is not preparing itself by playing MR type teams.

I think MR is what you would expect in 1A. FH is 56 points better than MR and Prep is probably 56 points better than FH. FH is not preparing itself by playing MR type teams.
Why would FH prepare itself to play prep if they’re going to ridge level teams in 1A?

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Why would FH prepare itself to play prep if they’re going to ridge level teams in 1A?

If you notice, I didn't say they should. I am not sold on Hansel scheduling Lackey - but I am willing to guess he does it to up Alco's level of play. With FH's talent and depth they will roll over 1A and maybe.... just maybe face someone in the championship game with some size, speed and passing ability.... or not.

Last time i checked iwas paying taxes in md. What a ridiculous statement.

It was 2 years ago let it go they lost due to piss poor tackling and a inability to cover the pass not because they were beat up or wore down

The refs shit is getting old and if you truly believe the refs are one sided then god damn your ****ing dumb

RedPride97, you are absolutely correct. There has yet to ever in the history of the area be evidence to suggest homer refs. If one reviews videos the refs are pretty accurate. Those that say such things ignore the dozens of TD’s taken off the board for FH over the last decade. Hell, there was dozen (11-13) nullified last season alone at home.

Last edited:
Lags you are right and even though most people don't think winning games matters now since everybody gets in the playoffs I'm still a believer that it's easier to win home games than road games in the playoffs so the more points and higher seed you have the better.

Blue has tried to promote the ref myth on multiple occasions throughout the years only for it to be dispelled with factual information.

Article from the Melbourne game clearly notes 21 penalties against the visiting team. This isn't a myth sir, lol. FH won by 2, the disparity in calls was clearly a deciding factor in the game. I mentioned previously I'll bet anybody $100 more penalties go against CP than FH.

https://www.times-news.com/sports/l...cle_23e001ae-b19d-11e7-95b3-4ff24cc2e8a4.html

I'm asking you again, why did you feel compelled to bring up a FH playoff game from 2 years ago? That has nothing to do with the Alco/Lackey game from this weekend. You just hated to have a thread go by when FH isn't the center of the discussion. Then you wonder why the FH is discussed in every thread. Because you bring it up in every thread, lol.

And you keep doubling down on your illogical points. I'm talking about the weak teams that FH faces in the 1A playoffs every year. And your terrible excuse for losing in 2017 is "what happens when you bang heads with two physical teams back to back". You should be embarrassed to even type that. The teams were Allegany and Lackey. You're whining about Alco and Lackey? You clearly have no idea about the talent that they have to face in the other classifications every year.

And you keep bringing up random topics. Why are you even talking about Sherando and Melbourne? I'm talking about the 1A playoffs. And if you want to bring up out-of-state teams, why didn't you mention the Friendship game you backed out of last year?

Article from the Melbourne game clearly notes 21 penalties against the visiting team. This isn't a myth sir, lol. FH won by 2, the disparity in calls was clearly a deciding factor in the game. I mentioned previously I'll bet anybody $100 more penalties go against CP than FH.

https://www.times-news.com/sports/l...cle_23e001ae-b19d-11e7-95b3-4ff24cc2e8a4.html
No it really is a myth i don't understand why you keep wanting to make people think the officiating is home cooked. A good example holidaysburg last year. Melbournes problem was shit they get away with in Florida dosen't fly here. When players run in front of the opposing bench taunting it gets called. What makes this so hard for you to understand dumb ass

No it really is a myth i don't understand why you keep wanting to make people think the officiating is home cooked. A good example holidaysburg last year. Melbournes problem was shit they get away with in Florida dosen't fly here. When players run in front of the opposing bench taunting it gets called. What makes this so hard for you to understand dumb ass

As I have stated before, I spoke with two Melbourne coaches after the game.They were very complimentary of Fort Hill. They never once mentioned officiating. They did say that they clearly weren't ready for that type of atmosphere. They even apologized for the actions of their head coach. If you were there, you know what I'm talking about.

Boyz just has an agenda against FH. He has often brought up games of years past. On another message board, Damascus comes under the same criticisms Fort Hill does here. Weak schedule, home cooking, ranked too high in the state poll,ravenous fans, etc. He also posts there under a different name, yet he has never criticized Damascus. But the minute FH is mentioned there, he posts the same things he does here.

Reactions: LinemenWinGames
As I have stated before, I spoke with two Melbourne coaches after the game.They were very complimentary of Fort Hill. They never once mentioned officiating. They did say that they clearly weren't ready for that type of atmosphere. They even apologized for the actions of their head coach. If you were there, you know what I'm talking about.

Boyz just has an agenda against FH. He has often brought up games of years past. On another message board, Damascus comes under the same criticisms Fort Hill does here. Weak schedule, home cooking, ranked too high in the state poll,ravenous fans, etc. He also posts there under a different name, yet he has never criticized Damascus. But the minute FH is mentioned there, he posts the same things he does here.
I seen his tirade on his way out the gate to the bus real prick

What are you doing posting links about refs at the Melbourne game? This is an AlCo Lackey thread as you say. Cant practice what you preach.

The thing with Boyz is that he continually repeats the same anti FH subjects over and over for years. His top repeated lists:

1. The refs / Melbourne game
2. FH never beaten a Top 25 Maryland team
3. 1A competition can't compare to higher class competition
4. FH refused to play Lackey and Dunbar because someone posted it in this board.
5. FH doesn't put any kids into college
6. Melbourne, Friendship, Sherando, Cathedral Prep are over rated.

No, he's not a hater. Every thread he types on is about FH and we are the ones he's pointing a finger at. LOL.

Raise your hand if you have read Boyz post about the above topics more than 10 times in the last 5 years.

Reactions: LinemenWinGames
What are you doing posting links about refs at the Melbourne game? This is an AlCo Lackey thread as you say. Cant practice what you preach.

The thing with Boyz is that he continually repeats the same anti FH subjects over and over for years. His top repeated lists:

1. The refs / Melbourne game
2. FH never beaten a Top 25 Maryland team
3. 1A competition can't compare to higher class competition
4. FH refused to play Lackey and Dunbar because someone posted it in this board.
5. FH doesn't put any kids into college
6. Melbourne, Friendship, Sherando, Cathedral Prep are over rated.

No, he's not a hater. Every thread he types on is about FH and we are the ones he's pointing a finger at. LOL.

Raise your hand if you have read Boyz post about the above topics more than 10 times in the last 5 years.
This guy talking about others repeating themselves.

SMH

Same question for you. This is a Allegany/Lackey thread. Why are you choosing this forum to discuss FH?

My offer stands: $100 - put your money where your mouth is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT