ADVERTISEMENT

Lackey / Alco

It’s hot. Hogemeier is playing guard rather than in the backfield. He has a broken arm, if you didn’t know

Last edited:
Lackey is running the pistol, they split 3 out and Alco doesn’t know how to defend it. They aren’t even covering all the players when they line up

Alleganys defense has no clue, completely loss. Every play there is a wide out uncovered

FH would probably beat them by 5 touchdowns, just like the last couple years the Allegany defense backs are so unprepared, they don’t have a clue what to do.

21 - 0, This is going be a LONG year, hopefully it’s almost halftime, game can’t end quick enough lol

Lackey has good size upfront and Alco’s secondary looks lost. If it wasn’t for Lackey committing about a million penalties the score would be much worse

The WR #8 for Lackey is about 6’3” and fast. They could probably throw it to him on every down. Allegany’s offense has shown no imagination so far

Reactions: cumbfanatic
They ran one criss cross on the last drive and Powell got to the secondary. The rest of the half was runs up the middle

Reactions: BoyznBlue
21 - 7. Allegany never opened up the offense at all. Allegany defense of backs do not know how to play against the pass. Every time Lackey threw there was a guy wide open. Allegany dropped a touchdown in the end zone on the last play of the half. Allegany had the ball in Lackey territory and fumbled in the fourth qtr.

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Second half was much better for Alco. They were kind of wearing the Lackey defense down, but fumbles prevented any type of serious comeback. Lackey is a good squad, Alco has work to do but they have something to build on.

21 - 7. Allegany never opened up the offense at all. Allegany defense of backs do not know how to play against the pass. Every time Lackey threw there was a guy wide open. Allegany dropped a touchdown in the end zone on the last play of the half. Allegany had the ball in Lackey territory and fumbled in the fourth qtr.

I agree, against a good team like Lackey you have to at least a pass every now and then to make them play honest on defense. Offense was too predictable and the defense was loading up against the run.

Reactions: camper21502
Even when Alco football is at its worst they are still a top 20 1A school every yr. so why would they ever fold? Even with a small roster, most yrs they are a top 10 team in 1A...

I was worried in the first half but I like the second half effort. I still hate the ultra conservative offense, but that seems to be the way every WMD school plays. Lackey is a talented squad that can go deep in the 2A playoffs. Alco won't see that type of size and speed the rest of the year.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Lackey is big and fast.
If you think this Lackey team was big and fast you should have seen their 2017 team that came here in the state semifinal to play FH. They were mammoth and had a QB named Boogie Middleton who could run and throw.

This was right after FH had to beat Alco with Karson Robinette. It crippled FH when they had to play Dunbar who cake walked into the final. I still say if the opponent roles would have been reversed that year FH wins the state title. These roles were reversed somewhat last year with Dunbar getting dumped as FH cake walked in.

I was worried in the first half but I like the second half effort. I still hate the ultra conservative offense, but that seems to be the way every WMD school plays. Lackey is a talented squad that can go deep in the 2A playoffs. Alco won't see that type of size and speed the rest of the year.

This type of scheduling is typical Hansel. I gather with a limited squad the way to get in football shape against bigger, faster teams with wide-open offenses is to play them. I still have to ponder how their ground game would be if they still had their speedy running back. Still, if they intend to win they cannot get too far behind, drop touchdowns or fumble the ball while they wear the other team down.

If you think this Lackey team was big and fast you should have seen their 2017 team that came here in the state semifinal to play FH. They were mammoth and had a QB named Boogie Middleton who could run and throw.

This was right after FH had to beat Alco with Karson Robinette. It crippled FH when they had to play Dunbar who cake walked into the final. I still say if the opponent roles would have been reversed that year FH wins the state title. These roles were reversed somewhat last year with Dunbar getting dumped as FH cake walked in.

The opposite is true. FH went into the championship well prepared to play a team like Dunbar. FH lost because of a handful of outstanding plays made by individual efforts on the Dunbar side.

That game gets replayed in this forum a lot. But the game never changes... just the excuses. Just take the first Dunbar touchdown that was almost a FH sack... the outstanding effort to get the pass off and great individual run to score. Then... take the final interception by Dunbar.... great catch when FH still had plenty of time to go down the field and snatch victory from defeat.

FH was in no way crippled.... in fact, they were well prepared and experienced.

Incidentally.... there.... red-jackets.... didn't FH have a game last night? Where is the fuggin' discussion thread on that??????????? Rather, we have the usual other-people's-shit circle-jerkin'.

Last edited:
Have to agree with Lag here Brian. FH’s playcalling in the 2nd half was abysmal. Against 9 man fronts and not throwing. Dunbar too good for that. They are t Havre De Grace where you can get away with that type of conservative pee wee play calling. We got away with it last year against FD because FD jumped off sides 6 times and was over aggressive on the fullback fakes along with our staunch D that didn’t give up anything all year. Carters individual effort on the long td run was one for the ages and of corse Danny King’s endzone kicks forcing 80 yard drives.

Last edited:
FH went into the championship well prepared to play a team like Dunbar.

FH was in no way crippled.... in fact, they were well prepared and experienced.

Stop the presses......Lags just admitted that Coach Appel and the FH coaching staff actually knew what they were doing.....you have to in order to prepare a team well for this type of game....I guess miracles do happen every now and again with Lags....thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT