ADVERTISEMENT

Keyser 48 - FH 41 Final

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
Keyser down 28 - 12 at the half scored 36 second half points.....Don't worry Allegany will beat them..

Love your attitude. Allegany will need to put together a full game the way they played in the first quarter against CR. Late in the game Alco got whacked on the parameter.

Keyser is tough!

I'd take #31 and #42 on my team any day.

Fort Hill wasn't fluent at times tonight.

Also, 125 yards in penalties didn't help much either. (Please note this is not a "call out" at the officials.) Very uncharacteristic of a Fort Hill team.

Prayers for FH #9...taken to the hospital via ambulance.

#13, FH's big fullback, left the game very early with what appears to be a knee injury.

The Alco - Keyser game should be a very good one, too.

I understand why we do the onsides kick, but I would have still have my defense the chance to make a stand... The game was tied with plenty of time left on the clock.

And I'm sick of all the personal fouls being created by FH players... THATS NOT FH FOOTBALL!

Reactions: 5punisher3
streak is over, helluva run. FH got out coached tonight, Keyser is a BEAST! 125 yds in penalties was a killer. Brayden Brown simply amazing, we were lost without Harden on the left side and Raen running up the middle. Run defense was horrible, where was the 6-2? Graves needs to be the QB going forward. Kudos to Keyser!!

When the top rusher goes down early especially the big fullback for FH, you then take away one dimension. And a huge dimension at that. Not to mention how much he would have bolstered the DL. What's left offensively is #2 the speedster doing it on his own. Which takes the discussion back to the fact that the starting QB at FH tonight was neither a threat to run or throw. The difference between these 2 quarterbacks at FH is like night and day. A head scratcher.

FH also lost their starting DE early which really hurt the perimeter defense that Keyser exploited. The Keyser OL in the 2nd half was the story of this game.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
I wasn't at the game and haven't seen the tape yet so I don't know how the game was going at the time but what do you think about the on-sides call? I'm not trying to stir anything up. I listened to this game on my drive home from Hedgesville to Baltimore. Got it from the FH tying touchdown at 34 and on.

As I thought it would happen the Keyser kids were dropping like flies with cramps, they always do. But I didn't expect to see FH struggling with conditioning. It can only be attributed to Keyser's toughness. When a game is that physical the body breaks down as you make extra efforts to thrawt what is coming at you. Keyser never gave up and their physicalness showed.

This is a character building test for FH. At times it looked like the guys wanted to quit but then they brought the energy right back at Keyser. They are wounded but if they stick together they will be fine. They have a tougher schedule this year and its toughness is more apparent as South Hagerstown throttled Urbana tonight.

I disagree with those criticizing the onside kick. If it worked many of the same people would be praising Appel as a genius. That call was fine, it was just a poorly executed kick and the Keyser player made a brilliant play. I think the FH players were caught in limbo and didn't commit to the ball because it was not at 10 yards yet and in the uncertainty of the moment did not react to the Keyser player making his break. Ideally, FH gunners should have hit him even if it caused a procedure penalty if they touched the ball - take the five yard penalty and kick it deep. But that is just inexperience on that type of play. I have seen that exact type of result at the high school, college, semi-pro and NFL level. Great play by the Keyser kid. I would still like to see more onside kicks.

FH #2 made a Shannon Trimble type play tonight and I think he was assisted by QB #15 on a key block. That is a Top 10 run of the year. If FH could have executed a pass tonight they would be 2-0. FH has been one-dimensional 16 of the past 20 years, but most of those one-dimensional teams could complete a pass here and there. This is actually sad this part of the game has eluded FH's ability. I am not going to say #10 should be the starter but he did look the part in the closing minutes throwing and running. There seemed to be a spark of a 2nd dimension with him out there, whether or not Keyser was playing soft underneath.

If anything, once FH heals from it lumps and bruises they will be in shape and conditioned after tonight. Hopefully, the guys that had to leave the game are okay and recover 100% before returning. Caution first with injuries like these involving knees and concussions. I hope they take enough time to heal up 100% before stepping out there as they are younger guys and have a lot of time left in front of them. Other guys are just going to have to step up.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
I would not have been praising the choice to onsides kick, no matter the outcome. Mainly because the choice to do that said one thing... "We have no faith in our defense". I said that as soon as it happened, and my assumptions were confirmed by the radio broadcast that followed. They quoted Apple saying "we didnt think we could stop them"

The onsides call was brilliant. The onsides execution was not. Good call, bad execution.

Hamilton did fine filling in for Smith, but FH went away from the middle and got hung up on running outside the tackles. The LBs for KHS were just sitting on the ends waiting for it. The coaches watching film will facepalm themselves. Defensively, as PWA said it, FH stayed in the 4-4 and let those mammoth tackles just render the defensive front inneffective. FH was basically playing a cover zero, which left the safety as non existent to clean up on Rodehaver. FH got outmuscled...and I fear the FH coaching staff panicked for the first time in a lonnnnggg time.

Coach Biser said on the 1230 post game interview verbatim "(FH) didnt adjust to what we were doing, so we kept doing it." Shades of the Alco comeback in 2009...FH lost a crucial defensive lineman and made no adjustments to stop JD Hook and Alco literally ran the same play to comeback and win. Also the Perryville game. Same deal, bo adjustments. Comeback win for PHS. ..

FH may lose a few more, but they wont make these kind of mistakes the same way this season.

And Alco WILL beat Keyser.

The onsides call was brilliant. The onsides execution was not. Good call, bad execution.

Hamilton did fine filling in for Smith, but FH went away from the middle and got hung up on running outside the tackles. The LBs for KHS were just sitting on the ends waiting for it. The coaches watching film will facepalm themselves. Defensively, as PWA said it, FH stayed in the 4-4 and let those mammoth tackles just render the defensive front inneffective. FH was basically playing a cover zero, which left the safety as non existent to clean up on Rodehaver. FH got outmuscled...and I fear the FH coaching staff panicked for the first time in a lonnnnggg time.

Coach Biser said on the 1230 post game interview verbatim "(FH) didnt adjust to what we were doing, so we kept doing it." Shades of the Alco comeback in 2009...FH lost a crucial defensive lineman and made no adjustments to stop JD Hook and Alco literally ran the same play to comeback and win. Also the Perryville game. Same deal, bo adjustments. Comeback win for PHS. ..

FH may lose a few more, but they wont make these kind of mistakes the same way this season.

You're a football guy and I'm just a fan, so thanks for putting the technical terms to what the rest of us saw and kept scratching our heads. I like your idea that Allegany will beat Keyser, but they are going to have to play more than one quarter of solid football. Allegany is becoming a master of the mid-range pass, but their defense is still questionable against a mobile quarterback. They had some problems with both Tech and CR - which incidentally, CR is small but quite quick all over as well as being very well coached. They double teamed Rhodes the entire game.

FH is going to do a lot of running this week for all those penalties. They should run for all the missed tackles also. Two things we don't see very much from FH.

You are 100% correct about the onside kick. I watched the replay of this a couple times, and the kid overran his assigned man leaving an open lane. I could be wrong, and it really doesn't matter, but in the kids defense I have to believe that he forgot the onside kick was on, and the reason he overran it... Regardless, these are kids, and they screw up assignments more that we fans know. That's high school football.

There was 3 subs on the kickoff team when that was called. The coach said he would not have called it if he knew #2 and the other two wasn't on the field. Sounds like lack of communication between coach's. Not the kids fault.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT