ADVERTISEMENT

IF

Seasoned Lettuce

All State Poster
Jul 28, 2015
Allegany doesn't do something this year, be it beat Fort Hill at either Homecoming or the Playoff game. IF, they continue the trend of underachieving, despite what should be cupboards loaded with talent.

At any point, do the disappearing legions of laizzez faire (hands off/no interference) Allegany fans rise up and demand a change?

In Maryland we don't have that type of football culture to force out a coach for "underachieving". And to be fair, he is running a consistently winning program. He is also sending about the same number of kids to college with football scholarships as FH. His main problem is not beating his rival, which is the best 1A team in the state. Can you realistically fault him for having the second best program in the state?

Reactions: Bubbahead70
Considering your horribly poor opinion of 1A football in the state...that's not really saying much though, Boyz. ;)

Floyd Mayweather is 49-0 as a professional boxer. But he has never beaten a Top 20 Heavyweight. Not sure why they have different weight classes? Not sure why they have different classes in college and high school athletics either? I don't have time to explain it again. FH is the best in Class 1A the last two years. Probably somewhere near the top in Class 2A in speculation. No more, no less.

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Floyd Mayweather is 49-0 as a professional boxer. But he has never beaten a Top 20 Heavyweight. Not sure why they have different weight classes? Not sure why they have different classes in college and high school athletics either? I don't have time to explain it again. FH is the best in Class 1A the last two years. Probably somewhere near the top in Class 2A in speculation. No more, no less.

I said FH and Alco have the top two 1A football programs in the state. We don't know how FH would fare against the top 2A teams because they don't play any.

I imagine FH would accept a game from any of the top 2A teams though. Love to see it happen.

It would be interesting to see the good 2A South teams play in Greenway, like Patuxent or Westlake. Alco played Calvert from that division a couple of years ago and lost but it was a good game. It was a missed opportunity that FH didn't play Middletown a couple of years ago when they were good.

I don't think FH is interested in playing the better 3A teams. Isn't that why they stopped playing Urbana and TJ?

Like Waggle said, they never played Urbana in the regular season, and played only once in the finals - when Urbana was 2A.

As for TJ, they fulfilled a home and home agreement - I'm not even sure continuing that series was an option for both teams scheduling. They do play a playoff caliber 3A school this year and a highly ranked 4A Virginia school. But I guess if they aren't Maryland top 20 schools, it's moot. They must not be competitive enough.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Like Waggle said, they never played Urbana in the regular season, and played only once in the finals - when Urbana was 2A.

As for TJ, they fulfilled a home and home agreement - I'm not even sure continuing that series was an option for both teams scheduling. They do play a playoff caliber 3A school this year and a highly ranked 4A Virginia school. But I guess if they aren't Maryland top 20 schools, it's moot. They must not be competitive enough.

I thought Urbana wanted to play but FH turned them down. If you're talking about South being a "playoff caliber" school, like someone else pointed out on another thread, they don't have a tradition of playing winning football. Nobody expects FH to lose that game, lol.

It's not the same program in the old days. I think the Sourh game will be close.

Kent Island was a 2A semi-finalist last year (I know not good enough they lost to Dunbar 24-21) and FH dominated them

You specifically said "FH stopped playing Urbana." That is nothing like saying they "wanted" to play. Stick to what you say and stop changing your story.

And What does "having a tradition of winning games" even mean? So we need to look back 40 or 50 years to see if they have a winning tradition before they can be considered competitive today? How about we look over the last few years for relevance. I mean Alco has a winning tradition, and they dont really strike fear into too many teams anymore.

South High is a pretty darn good 3A team over the last decade or so. Anyone who has a clue about football expects this to be a tight game.

Sid, give it a rest. You are only happy when FH loses. Your agenda is hanging out all over the place.

South is a very good team this year. Linganore 3-0 going into last night was a close game before they pulled away. South will be a challenge.

FH will have to play mistake free football against SHHS. This is I believe the 4th year of SHHS's new coach's tenure and he has built the program up. SHHS kids and staff walk around in the school with pride and they have one of the toughest schedules pound for pound in their classification. They made this schedule after the MVAL imploded. They aren't dodging anyone. Discipline is now part of the program and the new regime has the place energized. They are 3 points away from bring 4-0, losing to Mervo 12-10, a 2015 playoff team. FH cannot underestimate this team.

Looking at this year's 1A west FH could very easily be out of the playoffs if they do not win this game given that the Sherando game will be the ultimate test of the year.

Alco's next hurdle is Northern. It's apples and oranges BoyzNBlue. No Alco alum or fan should ever knock FH's schedule and I am one of those guys FHHSAHS refers to as an old head Martinsburg nut. Historically, FH's schedule has always been more demanding, even after FH dropped to 1A. Allegany's schedule doesn't even get the cupcake level.

FH has to get past Curley first but if FH beats SHHS they will be in the playoffs even if Sherando doesn't go their way. Allegany would probably end up 4-6 with FH's schedule because I would call a Clearfield-Alco game a coin flip. Six weeks to go so all this could be completely wrong. The games need played first but no one can justify hammering FH for ducking Martinsburg and certainly cannot say anything negative about SHHS. Even if FH beats them by 30 it will because FH has a good team, not because SHHS has a bad team. I expect a Keyser scoring game.

Last edited:
FH will have to play mistake free football against SHHS. This is I believe the 4th year of SHHS's new coach's tenure and he has built the program up. SHHS walk around in the school with pride and they have one of the toughest schedules pound for pound in their classification. They made this schedule after the MVAL imploded. They aren't dodging anyone. Discipline is now part of the program and the new regime has the place energized. They are 3 points away from bring 4-0, losing to Mervo 12-10, a 2015 playoff team. FH cannot underestimate this team.

Looking at this year's 1A west FH could very easily be out of the playoffs if they do not win this game given that Sherando game will be the ultimate test of the year.

Alco's next hurdle is Northern. It's apples and oranges BoyzNBlue. No Alco alum or fan should ever knock FH's schedule and I am one of those guys FHHSAHS refers to as an old head Martinsburg nut. Historically, FH's schedule has always been more demanding, even after FH dropped to 1A. Allegany's schedule doesn't even get the cupcake level.

FH has to get past Curley first but FH beats SHHS they will be in the playoffs even if Sherando doesn't go their way. Allegany would probably end up 4-6 with FH's schedule because I would call a Clearfield-Alco game a coin flip. Six weeks to go so all this could be completely wrong. The games need played first but no one can justify hammering FH for ducking Martinsburg and certainly cannot say anything negative about SHHS. Even if FH beats them by 30 it will because FH has a good team, not because SHHS has a bad team. I expect a Keyser scoring game.

Allegany could still end up 4-6.

FH will have to play mistake free football against SHHS. This is I believe the 4th year of SHHS's new coach's tenure and he has built the program up. SHHS kids and staff walk around in the school with pride and they have one of the toughest schedules pound for pound in their classification. They made this schedule after the MVAL imploded. They aren't dodging anyone. Discipline is now part of the program and the new regime has the place energized. They are 3 points away from bring 4-0, losing to Mervo 12-10, a 2015 playoff team. FH cannot underestimate this team.

Looking at this year's 1A west FH could very easily be out of the playoffs if they do not win this game given that the Sherando game will be the ultimate test of the year.

FH has to get past Curley first but if FH beats SHHS they will be in the playoffs even if Sherando doesn't go their way. Allegany would probably end up 4-6 with FH's schedule because I would call a Clearfield-Alco game a coin flip. Six weeks to go so all this could be completely wrong. The games need played first but no one can justify hammering FH for ducking Martinsburg and certainly cannot say anything negative about SHHS. Even if FH beats them by 30 it will because FH has a good team, not because SHHS has a bad team. I expect a Keyser scoring game.

I agree with you that Allegany's schedule is not as demanding as the FH schedule this year. I also stated several times that FH is playing a smart schedule to position themselves for the playoffs. I did say neither city school plays the top teams in the state, I'm not sure why that's controversial. Others have pointed out that no 1A school is playing those schools either.

You specifically said "FH stopped playing Urbana." That is nothing like saying they "wanted" to play. Stick to what you say and stop changing your story.

And What does "having a tradition of winning games" even mean? So we need to look back 40 or 50 years to see if they have a winning tradition before they can be considered competitive today? How about we look over the last few years for relevance. I mean Alco has a winning tradition, and they dont really strike fear into too many teams anymore.

South High is a pretty darn good 3A team over the last decade or so. Anyone who has a clue about football expects this to be a tight game.

Sid, give it a rest. You are only happy when FH loses. Your agenda is hanging out all over the place.

I was wrong when I said, "FH stopped playing Urbana", but I've heard from multiple sources that FH has recently turned down a game with them.

You misquoted me, I actually said someone else on this board mentioned, "South does not have tradition of playing winning football", it's kind of self explanatory. It's kind of like 4A Walter Johnson doesn't have a tradition of playing winning football either. Is it possible for them to pop up with a great team? Of course, it is. But I still haven't heard anyone say they expect FH to lose this game, lol.

I'm "only happy when FH loses"?? I'm not sure where this is coming from. I always support both city schools. If you read what I said, "FH is the best 1A team in the state", and Alco is "number two". This thread isn't even about Fort Hill, it's about the Alco coaching situation. FH people turn every thread into another endless debate about their schedule.

I hope you are wrong Lag. I just can't believe it is that bad over there.

It is worse in that Alco has the talent to perform much better. They ran a more complex offense against weaker opponents than they did against Keyser, while changing the backfield the day before the game. I could go on and on.

If you read what I said, "FH is the best 1A team in the state", and Alco is "number two". This thread isn't even about Fort Hill, it's about the Alco coaching situation. FH people turn every thread into another endless debate about their schedule.

You say FH is the best 1A team in the state...then always follow it up with a caveat. Always. "Fort Hill is the best 1A team in the state...but they don't play the best teams in the state." well, no they don't. "North Dakota State is the best team in FCS....but they don't play Alabama"...could you imagine telling your wife "This is the best dinner you've ever made...but you're no Wolfgang Puck." Hope your couch is comfortable. ;)

That's the issue I have with your posts. You equate two irrelevancies with each other, then try to play passive-aggressive when someone points out that you are putting a disclaimer on every accolade you hand out. FH is the best 1A team in the state. No one is convinced that means FH is ready to tackle Good Counsel or be ranked in the USA Today top 25. Everyone knows that winning a 1A title means you may not play quite the same caliber of teams that you might in winning the 4A title. Just like N Dakota State knows that winning the FCS doesn't mean they could run the BCS table. Why do you feel the need to consistently point the obvious out? The only thing I can surmise is that you have an agenda to detract from any accolade or achievement that FH gets. It's no different than the FH people saying if Dunbar didn't recruit they wouldn't have beaten FH all those years...etc. Not everything needs to be qualified or have an asterisk.

You feel me?

FHHSAHS, you're wasting your time, we all know that he has an agenda. This is the same poster that claimed that Fort Hill shouldn't be in the playoffs because they only played a few State schools a few years back. His posts only fool those who are new to the board, or those who are too old to remember.

FHHSAHS, you're wasting your time, we all know that he has an agenda. This is the same poster that claimed that Fort Hill shouldn't be in the playoffs because they only played a few State schools a few years back. His posts only fool those who are new to the board, or those who are too old to remember.

I never said this. You may be confusing me with somebody else.

You say FH is the best 1A team in the state...then always follow it up with a caveat. Always. "Fort Hill is the best 1A team in the state...but they don't play the best teams in the state." well, no they don't. "North Dakota State is the best team in FCS....but they don't play Alabama"...could you imagine telling your wife "This is the best dinner you've ever made...but you're no Wolfgang Puck." Hope your couch is comfortable. ;)

That's the issue I have with your posts. You equate two irrelevancies with each other, then try to play passive-aggressive when someone points out that you are putting a disclaimer on every accolade you hand out. FH is the best 1A team in the state. No one is convinced that means FH is ready to tackle Good Counsel or be ranked in the USA Today top 25. Everyone knows that winning a 1A title means you may not play quite the same caliber of teams that you might in winning the 4A title. Just like N Dakota State knows that winning the FCS doesn't mean they could run the BCS table. Why do you feel the need to consistently point the obvious out? The only thing I can surmise is that you have an agenda to detract from any accolade or achievement that FH gets. It's no different than the FH people saying if Dunbar didn't recruit they wouldn't have beaten FH all those years...etc. Not everything needs to be qualified or have an asterisk.

You feel me?

You're taking my statements out of context. My comments about FH not playing any of the top Maryland schools were only in reference to the "Maryland Media Poll". My point is how can FH be ranked #11 when they don't play any of the other teams. Even now with one loss, they're ranked #17 - higher than undefeated 4A schools DuVal and North Point. It doesn't make sense. But I don't single out FH, I also said I didn't think 2A Douglass should have been ranked #1 at the end of last season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT