ADVERTISEMENT

Hoops

Actually Garrett has a large , beautiful brand new gym that is probably as big or bigger than Bobcat Arena and would have been a much more comfortable venue for the fans. However, you are absolutely correct, the coaches and players played all year for home field advantage and they were undefeated at home this year I believe. That is a hard advantage to give up just to make more money for the MPSSA. I would like to see Southern and Northern both play their head to head meetings at Garrett College for the same reason. Those games are always packed as well, and more fans would come out if there was more room, but I doubt it will happen as neither school wants to give up their home advantage. I can understand their reasoning, just wish both schools had bigger gyms and better parking.

Besides maybe Mtn Ridge for basketball, nobody has good parking around here.

So, Alco lost because Southern's gym is too small? How high are the rims at Southern? How long is the court? Thhen there's the three point line. You get my drift, everyone plays according to the draw, and the seating that the State comes up with.

So, Alco lost because Southern's gym is too small? How high are the rims at Southern? How long is the court? Thhen there's the three point line. You get my drift, everyone plays according to the draw, and the seating that the State comes up with.
Did I miss someone saying that Allegany lost because of the gym is to small?

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Actually Garrett has a large , beautiful brand new gym that is probably as big or bigger than Bobcat Arena and would have been a much more comfortable venue for the fans. However, you are absolutely correct, the coaches and players played all year for home field advantage and they were undefeated at home this year I believe. That is a hard advantage to give up just to make more money for the MPSSA. I would like to see Southern and Northern both play their head to head meetings at Garrett College for the same reason. Those games are always packed as well, and more fans would come out if there was more room, but I doubt it will happen as neither school wants to give up their home advantage. I can understand their reasoning, just wish both schools had bigger gyms and better parking.
Awesome to hear they built a new facility but I hope it was for more uses than just their basketball games because nobody ever went to them when I was there. lol

Oh, my bad. Nobody was complaining about the gym being small. And no one wrote that Southern was pretty good at home. I just thought that I read that. If you're going to infer something, you might as well say it outright. At least Lag will stand up for what he writes.

Oh, my bad. Nobody was complaining about the gym being small. And no one wrote that Southern was pretty good at home. I just thought that I read that. If you're going to infer something, you might as well say it outright. At least Lag will stand up for what he writes.
I can say anything out right. I never said it was small just said I thought Garrett would be a better venue for the crowd size

Southern is good at home, they arent away from their gym. Whats the big deal about that?? Its 100 percent true. FH handled them fairly easy at FH. Southern would have beat Clear Spring by at least 10 points on their own court.

Southern is good at home, they arent away from their gym. Whats the big deal about that?? Its 100 percent true. FH handled them fairly easy at FH. Southern would have beat Clear Spring by at least 10 points on their own court.
While I understand your intention and agree that most teams do play better at home, I do have to challenge you when you say they are not good away from their gym. They went 18-2 in the area this year. (3 other losses were from schools out of area and in tournament) . Lost to ALCO in Cumberland in OT and agreed they laid a stinker at Fort Hill. Teams have bad shooting games... they shot very poorly at Fort Hill (don't know exact stat) but I do know they shot under 30% vs Clear Spring and still were within 3 with 2 minutes to go . Clear Spring answered every challenge and deserved the win but I agree on a normal shooting night Southern wins by at least 10 on THAT court. But to say they weren't good away is incorrect. No team in our area had less losses on the road to area teams than Southern.

Reactions: towpath94
It's been fun for ya'll out west drinking that watered down Kool-aid. We bout to go heavy on the scoop today. We thirsty for this one and want it real sweet. Basketball Jesus gunna turn that weak water flavor into some sugary goodness. Da man done said it, let me at em.

Last edited:
Co-AMAC POY in Copman from ALCO and Rodeheaver from Southern. The 2 best players on the 2 best teams in the area .. hard to argue either one. Amazing how quicky these come out and how very LONG it takes for the football POY awards.

Reactions: towpath94
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT