ADVERTISEMENT

Homecoming Predictions

49 - 19 fort hill. Allegany scores in late 3rd & 4th quarters on fort hill's 3rd team.
Regardless of any score , Allegany may be a. "Team that lost all its talent and has been compared to a "f" jv team" but they will play hard and will not quit.

Reactions: 4R341
SCORE & ATTENDANCE

FH 63-6
3800 fans
Really cant put a prediction on this one. Just feel bad for the allegany boys. We all know whomever is on that field for the blue will put all they have for this game and show there pride. I’m like one ring, take all the injuries away this might be a typical Homecoming from the start, maybe 7-0 after 1 or 21-7 in first half FH

49 - 19 fort hill. Allegany scores in late 3rd & 4th quarters on fort hill's 3rd team.
Regardless of any score , Allegany may be a. "Team that lost all its talent and has been compared to a "f" jv team" but they will play hard and will not quit.

I think this is close.. FH will keep it basic and it's not like they have anything to prove or a real motive to run up the score. But they'll score on all or almost every possession they get. Alco will show up and give it all they have, which will net out to pennies on the dollar, but there's a lot to be said for a team that's down and out and still shows up to play hard.

This is probably already on 4 other threads by now, but is there a projected week-by-week schedule yet on who FH will play each weekend throughout the playoffs?

Reactions: Lagmeister
Circle-jerk thread of the year with the over-under as to whether Appel finally gets all of his varsity players into any single Homecoming game before they graduate.

Reactions: Tony54
I think this is close.. FH will keep it basic and it's not like they have anything to prove or a real motive to run up the score. But they'll score on all or almost every possession they get. Alco will show up and give it all they have, which will net out to pennies on the dollar, but there's a lot to be said for a team that's down and out and still shows up to play hard.

This is probably already on 4 other threads by now, but is there a projected week-by-week schedule yet on who FH will play each weekend throughout the playoffs?

there's a lot to be said for a team that's down and out and still shows up to play hard.

Yes, but I think we are in uncharted waters. I hope all the young men keep their heads on the field. I see a continuum somewhere between regretting the game to not admitting you played in it.

there's a lot to be said for a team that's down and out and still shows up to play hard.

Yes, but I think we are in uncharted waters. I hope all the young men keep their heads on the field. I see a continuum somewhere between regretting the game to not admitting you played in it.

No Alco kid is going to play in this years homecoming game and say they didn't, no matter how bad they lose.

Like a pervert?

Like a pervert?...being exposed by the light.

On a different level, these are cops doing their job.... maybe saving a woman from being raped in her car at night in a Walmart parking lot.... or, maybe some kids are breathlessly screamed out in the backseat of a car while their parents are unconscious in the front.

Last edited:
Like a pervert?...being exposed by the light.
Like a pervert being exposed by the moonlight as he walks towards the car with a flashlight.

Glad to know you welcome any cop to walk up to the window of your house and peer in to make sure you arent raping anybody.

Like a pervert being exposed by the moonlight as he walks towards the car with a flashlight.

Glad to know you welcome any cop to walk up to the window of your house and peer in to make sure you arent raping anybody.

You are usually most insightful while providing some challenging banter. So, I had to double check to see if I spelled car wrong.... you know, spelled house instead of car. Nope. Got it right and couldn't blame house for car on ole spellcheck. So, I'll stand by everything I've posted on the subject.

Incidentally, this is clearly murder but I believe the officer will get off.

https://www.iheart.com/content/2019...hot-woman-through-the-window-of-her-own-home/

Only 2 years ago allegany won the jv game. Amazing fall off.

Cumberland was never going to sustain two 1A teams with deep benches. In fact, the future shows it can't sustain two competitive 1A football teams. The fall off was both inevitable and predictable.

If Allegany does not have 100% healthy participation from all of its kids who can play football, it doesn't have a competitive team.... period. From the young men who could be playing this year, Alco is down 10 starters - injuries, those who quit and grades. They have already been playing virtual ironman football for years while FH has subbed their offensive and defensive lines.

The fall of Allegany is not a surprise. The surprise is that it didn't happen sooner.

Only 2 years ago allegany won the jv game. Amazing fall off.

Exactly.. which points to coaching, and the staffs overall inability to develop the players. This year is an anomaly because of the number of injured varsity players, but the trend still holds.

Well football fans, here it is…Homecoming Week in Cumberland, Maryland. Possibly the biggest weekend for the local football nuts each year. Red vs. Blue, Blue vs. Red in yet another game of who’s the best for the rest of the year.

As usual at least for the last decade or so, the Sentinels have been the masters of Homecoming virtually naming the score each and every year. With some exceptions like the 2017 classic where the Campers on a two point conversion could of upset the apple cart but just couldn’t get into the end zone at the end of the game. The Sentinels went on to win another state championship that year.

Year in and year out it all comes down to this game regardless of the respective team’s season records. This year will be no different either. The mighty Sentinels again come into the game as the juggernaut that they are. Scoring at will in most games, overpowering opponents early in the game and subbing in their bench to end the game with a running clock.

The Campers on the other hand have had one of the worst seasons in school history. What started off with a decent team with lots of returning talent turned into a season of nightmares for the players, coaches and fans alike. This is only the fourth season in Allegany history that they only won 2 games in a single season. In 1946 & 47, Allegany was 2-7-1 and 2-6-2 respectfully. In 1969 they were 2-8 and it looks like 2019 with be the first time in 50 years since a 2 win season has happened.

However it should be known that the 1948 season was 9-0-1 with Earl Bruce and in 1971 Alco was undefeated 10-0 with the famous Thanksgiving Snow Game.

The Campers 2019 season will be remembered as the Cumberland version of the battle of Little Big Horn where General Custer’s troops were destroyed in a battle with an Indian nation. The Campers started off with a significant player academically ineligible, a game or two later no less than four first line players were sidelined for significant or rest of the season injuries. They lost a very close ball game in the final offensive play of the game only to comeback a defeat a decent team the following week and lastly were forced to dress all freshmen and sophomores to have the numbers to compete.

The good times and bad time goes both ways as the Sentinels too have had some bad seasons and injury problems, but as we see now have come out alright with their current run of wins and championships.

The numbers game for football in Allegany County has really swung the wrong way for the Campers as well. Winning is a great recruiter for any team and this is where the Sentinels are on the winning side of the numbers game.

Now most will say that this homecoming game will be a lopsided blowout, and it just might be just that. However no matter what happens this coming Saturday, the Campers and Sentinels will field 11 players on each side of the ball. Each team will play their specific type of offense and defense and last but not least, one team will win and the other will loss.

Regardless of who wins, both teams will still respect each other after the final whistle and shake hands at the end of the game. Win or lose, both teams have seniors that in most cases will never don a football uniform again and go on with their lives. The coaches will either plan for the playoffs or start the long process of starting over again for the next season. The fans and prognosticators can brag for the next year about who is the best, but the best thing about it is, it’s all Cumberland, it’s our schools, our teams and it is a thing of pride for us all.

So win or lose this Saturday, go out to the game and enjoy it. Cheer on all those kids who have worked so hard since last year for their big day. Congratulate them at the end and be happy will still have this wonderful thing we call…HOMECOMING.

Exactly.. which points to coaching, and the staffs overall inability to develop the players. This year is an anomaly because of the number of injured varsity players, but the trend still holds.

Well, two different perspectives: either a shrinking town is killing Alco first because FH got on a ring roll at the right time or all the Camper program needed was an Appel clone that would provide Allegany with its own 3 deep bench that also kicks the shit out of other 1A schools.

We can either believe that Robinette, Bratton et al were developed through the Alco system or they descended from football Olympus for a brief visit to defeat Dunbar and play death matches with FH.

This year is not an aberration. It is the result of injuries and an upcoming class of youths that want what FH grants them or they don't want to play. The town already has one deep bench at FH. There aren't the bodies for two... never were for years.

It is time to abandon the coaching chimera and embrace the reality of a dying town. FH should it enjoy the success... while it lasts.

Reactions: money316
You are usually most insightful while providing some challenging banter. So, I had to double check to see if I spelled car wrong.... you know, spelled house instead of car. Nope. Got it right and couldn't blame house for car on ole spellcheck. So, I'll stand by everything I've posted on the subject.

Incidentally, this is clearly murder but I believe the officer will get off.

https://www.iheart.com/content/2019...hot-woman-through-the-window-of-her-own-home/
I'm only going to put as much thought into it as you do, which wasnt much.
If you're going to think that a house is private, but a car isnt.. theres no point in having this conversation. If you think a cop needs to look into windows of cars because people are being raped or murdered, but then say a cop doesnt need to look into a house to try to protect from the same... there is no point in having this conversation. With flawed logic like that, its clear you are set in your thought, and no valid argument will change it.

I'm guessing you've never heard of the castle doctrine, though. Here it is - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

Btw, most states that have this law extend protections to include occupying vehicles.

Well football fans, here it is…Homecoming Week in Cumberland, Maryland. Possibly the biggest weekend for the local football nuts each year. Red vs. Blue, Blue vs. Red in yet another game of who’s the best for the rest of the year.

As usual at least for the last decade or so, the Sentinels have been the masters of Homecoming virtually naming the score each and every year. With some exceptions like the 2017 classic where the Campers on a two point conversion could of upset the apple cart but just couldn’t get into the end zone at the end of the game. The Sentinels went on to win another state championship that year.

Year in and year out it all comes down to this game regardless of the respective team’s season records. This year will be no different either. The mighty Sentinels again come into the game as the juggernaut that they are. Scoring at will in most games, overpowering opponents early in the game and subbing in their bench to end the game with a running clock.

The Campers on the other hand have had one of the worst seasons in school history. What started off with a decent team with lots of returning talent turned into a season of nightmares for the players, coaches and fans alike. This is only the fourth season in Allegany history that they only won 2 games in a single season. In 1946 & 47, Allegany was 2-7-1 and 2-6-2 respectfully. In 1969 they were 2-8 and it looks like 2019 with be the first time in 50 years since a 2 win season has happened.

However it should be known that the 1948 season was 9-0-1 with Earl Bruce and in 1971 Alco was undefeated 10-0 with the famous Thanksgiving Snow Game.

The Campers 2019 season will be remembered as the Cumberland version of the battle of Little Big Horn where General Custer’s troops were destroyed in a battle with an Indian nation. The Campers started off with a significant player academically ineligible, a game or two later no less than four first line players were sidelined for significant or rest of the season injuries. They lost a very close ball game in the final offensive play of the game only to comeback a defeat a decent team the following week and lastly were forced to dress all freshmen and sophomores to have the numbers to compete.

The good times and bad time goes both ways as the Sentinels too have had some bad seasons and injury problems, but as we see now have come out alright with their current run of wins and championships.

The numbers game for football in Allegany County has really swung the wrong way for the Campers as well. Winning is a great recruiter for any team and this is where the Sentinels are on the winning side of the numbers game.

Now most will say that this homecoming game will be a lopsided blowout, and it just might be just that. However no matter what happens this coming Saturday, the Campers and Sentinels will field 11 players on each side of the ball. Each team will play their specific type of offense and defense and last but not least, one team will win and the other will loss.

Regardless of who wins, both teams will still respect each other after the final whistle and shake hands at the end of the game. Win or lose, both teams have seniors that in most cases will never don a football uniform again and go on with their lives. The coaches will either plan for the playoffs or start the long process of starting over again for the next season. The fans and prognosticators can brag for the next year about who is the best, but the best thing about it is, it’s all Cumberland, it’s our schools, our teams and it is a thing of pride for us all.

So win or lose this Saturday, go out to the game and enjoy it. Cheer on all those kids who have worked so hard since last year for their big day. Congratulate them at the end and be happy will still have this wonderful thing we call…HOMECOMING.

As it has been posted, there were also a total of 6 players from the talented sophomore class that either quit before the season started or left during the season.

Well, two different perspectives: either a shrinking town is killing Alco first because FH got on a ring roll at the right time or all the Camper program needed was an Appel clone that would provide Allegany with its own 3 deep bench that also kicks the shit out of other 1A schools.
Well I realize that we will never agree. I want to keep pointing out that Allegheny has just as many males rates nine through 12 that for him

We can either believe that Robinette, Bratton et al were developed through the Alco system or they descended from football Olympus for a brief visit to defeat Dunbar and play death matches with FH.

This year is not an aberration. It is the result of injuries and an upcoming class of youths that want what FH grants them or they don't want to play. The town already has one deep bench at FH. There aren't the bodies for two... never were for years.

It is time to abandon the coaching chimera and embrace the reality of a dying town. FH should it enjoy the success... while it lasts.
Well I realize we will never agree. I just want to point out again that Alleghany has just as many males in high school as Fort hill does. It all comes down to coaching, culture and tradition to me

Reactions: ConeyIsland
I'm only going to put as much thought into it as you do, which wasnt much.
If you're going to think that a house is private, but a car isnt.. theres no point in having this conversation. If you think a cop needs to look into windows of cars because people are being raped or murdered, but then say a cop doesnt need to look into a house to try to protect from the same... there is no point in having this conversation. With flawed logic like that, its clear you are set in your thought, and no valid argument will change it.

I'm guessing you've never heard of the castle doctrine, though. Here it is - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_doctrine

Btw, most states that have this law extend protections to include occupying vehicles.

There is no expectation of privacy in an automobile. That is why they have tinted glass laws. Police have the absolute right to peer into the windows of your car anytime they want. In fact, steamed windows from a non-idling parked car is reasonable suspicion that something might be amiss. Furthermore, it is not uncommon for an officer to stop and investigate a car simply pulled off on the side of the road. It has happened to me.

Also, I believe you are confusing stand your ground with castle doctrine. In fact, it has not been that long ago in Maryland that you had a duty to retreat in your own house.

But please understand, I am always open to discuss something that is of interest to me.

Yeah, the team roster numbers do not reflect the fact that Alco is actually a bigger school than FH now. But I do agree that winning is a good way to get kids to keep coming out for the team.

Like you said, the Sentinels have had years like that where so much has gone wrong, especially injury wise. 2005 comes to mind. Metz, Steckman, Lee, and a few others all injured for most or part of the year. FH came in to the game coming off a two TD loss at Beall. Some still playing banged up in homecoming and it was an overtime thriller regardless. So you never know.

Well I realize we will never agree. I just want to point out again that Alleghany has just as many males in high school as Fort hill does. It all comes down to coaching, culture and tradition to me

Over time, shifting a dozen or so athletes per class that can and want to play football to a different school does not impact the overall number of males. There could be 20 or 30 more males in one 1A school and none of them are capable of playing football.

We do agree on culture and tradition. As the town shrinks, FH is on a 1A ring championship roll. If not, FH could well be just a mirror of Allegany where the young men see no reason to play.

Over time, shifting a dozen or so athletes per class that can and want to play football to a different school does not impact the overall number of males. There could be 20 or 30 more males in one 1A school and none of them are capable of playing football.

We do agree on culture and tradition. As the town shrinks, FH is on a 1A ring championship roll. If not, FH could well be just a mirror of Allegany where the young men see no reason to play.
Let’s hope that never happens

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT