ADVERTISEMENT

Havre de Grace Online Newspaper Article

It was written for a selected small number of hometown readers. I would expect nothing less, actually. The game announcers from the tv box were effusive in their complements to FH. They also did their best to talk up HG - without having much to say.

Agreed. FH played at a different level than HDG all night. Much different physically. HDG's first TD was against the starters and obviously the second wasn't. Hats off to HDG. On a side note. Pre anthem band comment was uncalled for.

The MPSSA announcers are so biased I had to turn off the volume when watching the replay before I got violently ill.

Agreed. FH played at a different level than HDG all night. Much different physically. HDG's first TD was against the starters and obviously the second wasn't. Hats off to HDG. On a side note. Pre anthem band comment was uncalled for.

The one announcer said he would pay NFL prices to see FH play DeMatha.... The tv talk was all praise for FH until the game got out of hand. Then, they started pumping up HDG. You cannot blame them.

Lol. I don't think it did. From where we were standing it came from behind us. I'm not here to argue the point. I am not sure why they would say that about their own band. The return comment came from their side. Anyway, if I am incorrect, my mistake. It certainly sounded like it came from behind us.

If I am wrong I apologize. We have the best fan base (biased opinion only) and I get agitated when someone stands out in a negative way. Maybe the way the sound travels I was mistaken?

Last edited:
Have to agree with the nurse's comment, sounded like the comment came from opposite side of stadium around the 20 to 30 yard line, our right. The people seated around us all agreed on location also. Left us scratching our heads as to why would that be said.

It's all good. People with me said it was definitely on our side that yelled first. Who know. It is what it is. Whatever side it was needs to have a little more respect for the opposite team and the National Anthem.

Reactions: towpath94
Totally agree, always remember what Grandma said, "Always a few bad apples in the bunch", in this case ignorant individual or individuals. On another note, anyone know what the attendance was? Looked like a pretty nice turnout on both sides.

Yes first comment yelled was from FH side , the guy was being his normal self cant believe some of you didn't recognize the voice .. None the less the band battle during the game was pretty cool.. FH band is great the Smith boy gets them rocking ! Had a great time as always with my normal game time crew.. Already have about 5 returning players texting me to start training..lol they all told me 2 weeks ago they wanted to start 1 week after states,, some hungry young men gonna get to work today! The work ethic is 2nd to none with these guys!

Reactions: Waggle Pass
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT