ADVERTISEMENT

Games of the week predictions

camper21502

Blue Chip Poster
Sep 21, 2012
We have 3 big matchups this weekend with Keyser vs. Frankfort, Allegany vs. Southern and MR vs.FH.. Awesome week for area football. So what's everyones predictions???

Here's mine-
Keyser 28 Frankfort 21
Alco 21 Southern 35
FH 24 MR 14

Keyser 28 Frankfort 27
Mtn Ridge 26 Fort Hill 20
Southern 21 Allegany 14

Best week of high school football in quite a long time.

You seem pretty unbiased, why do you think ridge wins? Is it the fh anemic offense or just too much power running for a smaller than normal fh line?

I think even though FH is FH is FH, especially at Greenway- Mountain Ridge has a very special thing going. Even taking Pua’ali’s 12TD in two weeks against meh competition, he’s a true talent. I’m just not sure FH’s defense can handle that workload.

Everyone points to the Harper year when FH ran them off the field- but keep into consideration who FH had that year in Clay boys etc. This year’s team doesn’t have a big name - it’s more about the TEAM. They aren’t putting up big numbers, and seem to be more “human” than in past years.

That being said- apart from a FH blowout, nothinf would surprise me in this game. Hope it’s a great game - I’ll be there.

I think even though FH is FH is FH, especially at Greenway- Mountain Ridge has a very special thing going. Even taking Pua’ali’s 12TD in two weeks against meh competition, he’s a true talent. I’m just not sure FH’s defense can handle that workload.

Everyone points to the Harper year when FH ran them off the field- but keep into consideration who FH had that year in Clay boys etc. This year’s team doesn’t have a big name - it’s more about the TEAM. They aren’t putting up big numbers, and seem to be more “human” than in past years.

That being said- apart from a FH blowout, nothinf would surprise me in this game. Hope it’s a great game - I’ll be there.
Foot

A team wins games not a big name

PENALTIES AND FUMBLES
The FH offensive identity all year has been nickel and dime, penalties and fumbles. Those things together don't work. It's hard to go to Southern, rack up 12 penalties for 125 yards with two huge fumbles (that cost FH 9 points) and overcome such mistakes. It's hard to put away Hollidaysburg when FH has 4 TDs called back on penalty and two key fumbles again. One that would have sealed the game at the end. Go back to the game with Loyola and it was fumbles and penalties for a full quarter and a half. But understand this is certainly not an excuse because it's who FH has been each week (other than the cake walk games).

I believe that is the key to FH this week and through the playoffs. If they can eliminate the fumbles and cut the penalties against the better teams on their schedule it would be a first.

Reactions: 4R341
Foot

A team wins games not a big name

And the sky is blue and dogs bark. What I think you misunderstood is what I’m saying is this year’s team doesn’t have the level of talent as the Harper year people harken back to.

Yes, I’m aware team wins games, but consider the lack of a name like Brayden Brown, Ty Johnson, Garrett Clay, Dylan Clay, etc, ON TOP OF A SOLID OVERALL TEAM AND DEFENSE.

I’m not taking away from an undefeated team by any stretch- but the person asked where I was coming from. I would say of the past years - this FH’s team low-hanging fruit for MR.

Does that mean FH can’t win? No. I think it should be a great game.

And the sky is blue and dogs bark. What I think you misunderstood is what I’m saying is this year’s team doesn’t have the level of talent as the Harper year people harken back to.

Yes, I’m aware team wins games, but consider the lack of a name like Brayden Brown, Ty Johnson, Garrett Clay, Dylan Clay, etc, ON TOP OF A SOLID OVERALL TEAM AND DEFENSE.

I’m not taking away from an undefeated team by any stretch- but the person asked where I was coming from. I would say of the past years - this FH’s team low-hanging fruit for MR.

Does that mean FH can’t win? No. I think it should be a great game.
I wouldnt consider FH "low hanging fruit" for Mountain Ridge by any stretch. Sure FH doesnt have a big name but they have a better collection of talent with the Spilt End, the three backs, and the kicker. On top of what is the best defense in the area. The thing with FH is you really cant key on one kid. Mountain Ridge has Sefa, and then hardly anything after him. I feel that if they stop him then it should come out as a victory for FH. If not then it could be interesting

I just watched the Ridge vs ALCO game and the Ridge vs Spring Mills game. I think the most impressive thing I saw, was the Ridge offensive play calling. The OC mixes it up with the Jet motion sweeps and some timely passes. Good play calling! I think FH wins a great game 28-17.

As good as Ridges play calling on offense is, ALCO’s defense is equally bad. Southern might hang 50 on them. Southern 49-28. Keyser vs Frankfort...Falcons 35-21.

Keyser over Frankfort by a LOT.
Southern over Alco by a few.
FH over MR by 2 TDs. Low score.

Keyser 42 Frankfort 24
Southern 33 Allegany 28
Fort Hill 23 Mountain Ridge 13

Keyser 34 Frankfort 33
Allegany 21 Southern 20
Fort Hill 21 Mountain Ridge 27

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT