ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill football schedule TOP rated

In unimpressive opponent news, Silver Oak is already 0-2 with losses by a combined 106-0 before any MPSSAA school has played a game.

They host Hollidaysburg this Saturday in what I hope will be a more competitive contest.
Hollidaysburg will crush Silver Oak, Hollidaysburg beat Central 30-20, The Golden Tigers will be pretty decent this year.

Here they are, the 2017 preseason strength of schedule (SOS) rankings according to MaxPreps point totals for this area that will include Garrett, Allegany and Washington Counties, all of MPSSAA Class 1A West, some 1A and 2A powers in Frederick County in addition to the EPAC in West Virginia among other comparisons.

Oddly enough, all three Allegany County 1A schools had a tougher schedule ranking than Martinsburg. I have not looked at all the numbers, but there is a good chance FH has a tougher schedule than any other team in the entire state of WV. If not the best at least near the very top. FH also ranked higher than any other PG County 1A/2A school.

Even if these numbers are skewed, and they surely are as nothing of this nature can be fool proof, it doesn't detract from the fact that both FH and Alco are playing really tough schedules this year regardless of classification. Tougher than most 3A and 4A schools.

So for all those years of schedule bashing...learn it, live it, love it. Here is a tissue for all the tears.

Fort Hill - 4.63
Middletown - 4.86
Morgantown - 4.87
Allegany - 4.89
Walkersville - 4.90
Jefferson - 5.01
South Hagerstown - 5.51
Dunbar (Balt.) - 5.58
Mountain Ridge - 5.93
Washington - 6.22
Martinsburg - 6.22
Spring Mills - 6.41
Musselman - 6.77
North Hagerstown - 6.80
Williamsport - 6.88
Keyser - 7.28
Hampshire - 7.55
Hedgesville - 7.59
Boonsboro - 7.85
Frankfort - 8.21
Moorefield - 8.32
Southern Garrett - 8.65
East Hardy - 8.70
Francis Scott Key - 8.91
Northern Garrett - 9.59
Clear Spring - 9.74
Petersburg - 9.78
Catoctin - 9.87
Smithsburg - 9.89
Berkeley Springs - 10.65
Brunswick - 11.08
Hancock - 12.93
DEE
Silver Oak's game vs. St. Joseph's of Canada, which they lost, was an exhibition game per Coach Mcleod. They are 0-1 by MPSSAA point totals.

Ironically, St. Joseph's was the team Fort Hill had a contract with for Week 6 until the MPSSAA denied them.

Silver Oak's game vs. St. Joseph's of Canada, which they lost, was an exhibition game per Coach Mcleod. They are 0-1 by MPSSAA point totals.

Ironically, St. Joseph's was the team Fort Hill had a contract with for Week 6 until the MPSSAA denied them.

Interesting because St. Joseph's is claiming it as a regular season win.

FH may have dodged a bullet not having to play St. Joseph's. They beat Silver Oak by 16 points more than Calvert Hall did. With 2 games they'll already be underdogs in (MCC and FCA) I'm not sure they could afford a 3rd potential loss and still make the playoffs.

Interesting because St. Joseph's is claiming it as a regular season win.

FH may have dodged a bullet not having to play St. Joseph's. They beat Silver Oak by 16 points more than Calvert Hall did. With 2 games they'll already be underdogs in (MCC and FCA) I'm not sure they could afford a 3rd potential loss and still make the playoffs.

Not sure how relevant that is because I don't see Silver Oak winning more than a game or two.

Don't tell some of the folks on here that 7-3 can leave you out of the playoffs as other schools have sorely found out. Catoctin will be descent this year and their schedule is less than half of what it was last year. Basically everyone's schedule in the 1A West is horrible outside of Alco and FH. Some people just don't get it.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT