ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill at Old Mill game moved

TDHelmick

Hall of Fame Poster
May 29, 2001
The JV game at Old Mill for Friday is now cancelled.

The varsity game is now bumped up to 5:00 on Friday.

They asked if the FH JV could play on Monday but Fort Hill already has a JV game set with Morgantown next week. So FH offered to pay for their JV to travel and come up here on Saturday and they said no.

Was told there were security concerns at Old Mill. An incident happened in their parking lot last week after the game. So the county had to move the varsity game up earlier. My response to that is what's the difference between incidents occurring at 7:00 or 9:00? And is this now for every game this year? If not then what kind of idiocy are they living in. Total chaos dealing with them all week. Consider this the last we see of Old Mill in the future. There will be no contract renewal.

Yeah who do these assholes think they are, calling the shots at their own field? Competitive games are plenty easy to come by, who needs em. </Sarcasm>

I hope there was a lot more to the issues than what you mentioned here, cause I didn't read chaos in your post at all. They changed the time and declined to send their JVs 2 hours away off schedule 🤷. It seems like OM is dealing with the aftermath of a pretty significant fight and issue with fan behavior from last week. And they declined to send their JVs up to FH.

Their handling of their own situation is more important than the inconvenience they may have caused for a game. What's the chaos?

Last edited:
Yeah who do these assholes think they are, calling the shots at their own field? Competitive games are plenty easy to come by, who needs em. </Sarcasm>

I hope there was a lot more to the issues than what you mentioned here, cause I didn't read chaos in your post at all. They changed the time and declined to send their JVs 2 hours away off schedule 🤷. It seems like OM is dealing with the aftermath of a pretty significant fight and issue with fan behavior from last week. And they declined to send their JVs up to FH.

Their handling of their own situation is more important than the inconvenience they may have caused for a game. What's the chaos?
It’s wednesday and they cancelled the game with 2 days remaining. It’s a a$$ hole move. The academia world is loaded with sissies. . 2 hours makes no difference. Do you honestly believe this would’ve happened 10 years ago?

Reactions: cumbfanatic
The JV game at Old Mill for Friday is now cancelled.

The varsity game is now bumped up to 5:00 on Friday.

They asked if the FH JV could play on Monday but Fort Hill already has a JV game set with Morgantown next week. So FH offered to pay for their JV to travel and come up here on Saturday and they said no.

Was told there were security concerns at Old Mill. An incident happened in their parking lot last week after the game. So the county had to move the varsity game up earlier. My response to that is what's the difference between incidents occurring at 7:00 or 9:00? And is this now for every game this year? If not then what kind of idiocy are they living in. Total chaos dealing with them all week. Consider this the last we see of Old Mill in the future. There will be no contract renewal.
The Southside is well in victim mode already.

If scrimmages and JV games are getting to you this bad, maybe it's time to take a step back.

Actually let the people who are getting paid to do it, worry about it for a while.

The difference between the game ending at 7:30pm and 9:30pm is huge this time of year. At 7:30pm, the sun would have just set so it would still have quite a bit of light out, making it easier to control if something were to get out of hand. At 9:30pm, completely different story with the sun being down for 2 hours, much harder to control if something were to break out.

It is extremely sad that we have to do these type of things with the way the world is now but we do. There were two shootings/murders outside of two Baltimore area schools on Friday afternoon/night. One of them was outside the school my son played his game on Friday night. And that game started at 6pm but it was dark well before the game ended. (Franklin/Milford Mill)

I didn’t take my other son who wanted to go with me to the game because I didn’t feel safe with the game being at Milford Mill. No parent should have to make that choice.

I totally agree about the timing. Letting a team know two days before the game, one that is coming from so far away, that is a classless move. Old Mill should be ashamed of themselves for it.

Some Baltimore County schools already play their games earlier on Friday (like Baltimore City) or play them on Saturday afternoons for the same reason. It is a real shame.

The difference between the game ending at 7:30pm and 9:30pm is huge this time of year. At 7:30pm, the sun would have just set so it would still have quite a bit of light out, making it easier to control if something were to get out of hand. At 9:30pm, completely different story with the sun being down for 2 hours, much harder to control if something were to break out.

It is extremely sad that we have to do these type of things with the way the world is now but we do. There were two shootings/murders outside of two Baltimore area schools on Friday afternoon/night. One of them was outside the school my son played his game on Friday night. And that game started at 6pm but it was dark well before the game ended. (Franklin/Milford Mill)

I didn’t take my other son who wanted to go with me to the game because I didn’t feel safe with the game being at Milford Mill. No parent should have to make that choice.

I totally agree about the timing. Letting a team know two days before the game, one that is coming from so far away, that is a classless move. Old Mill should be ashamed of themselves for it.

Some Baltimore County schools already play their games earlier on Friday (like Baltimore City) or play them on Saturday afternoons for the same reason. It is a real shame.
I know what youre saying. I don't take my kids to Greenway anymore after the killing right outside it and FH last year.

It is a shame. We can't have nice things anymore.

If safety is the concern, then the game location should be moved. FH offered to host on Saturday and pay the travel cost. They said no.

If safety is the concern, then all their games should be moved to 5:00...not just this week. Now that's a good question. As if this is the week where something bad could happen but not other weeks.

The response to their own safety concerns don't make sense.

Life goes on. I'm not looking forward to driving through the city outskirts during Friday rush hour. Will probably leave much earlier. Many parents can't make it there by 5:00 on a last minute notice. If I was calling the shot, we play the game somewhere else or we don't play at all now.

That is if safety is really a concern.

Reactions: Tony54
Todd, you work for FH not Old Mill. It's their prerogative to handle the situation the way they best see fit. What you would do if you were in charge is worth a dollar if you had four quarters to go along with it.

It’s wednesday and they cancelled the game with 2 days remaining. It’s a a$$ hole move. The academia world is loaded with sissies. . 2 hours makes no difference. Do you honestly believe this would’ve happened 10 years ago?
What significance does it matter what would've happened ten years ago? Your post literally makes no sense. It will still be light at 7:30 after a 5:00 start. It will not be light at 9:30. That's the difference.

Also, OM did try to reschedule the JV game to accommodate FH and FH said no. Regardless of why, they were offered a concession and declined. It sucks. Shit happens.

Reactions: OneRing
If safety is the concern, then the game location should be moved. FH offered to host on Saturday and pay the travel cost. They said no.

If safety is the concern, then all their games should be moved to 5:00...not just this week. Now that's a good question. As if this is the week where something bad could happen but not other weeks.

The response to their own safety concerns don't make sense.

Life goes on. I'm not looking forward to driving through the city outskirts during Friday rush hour. Will probably leave much earlier. Many parents can't make it there by 5:00 on a last minute notice. If I was calling the shot, we play the game somewhere else or we don't play at all now.

That is if safety is really a concern.
Well said. We live in cancel culture now.

Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
Their first game did not have tickets for sale at the gate. I don't know if there was an earlier incident or not. That game started at 6:30.

A lot of schools are going to strictly online sales and doing away with sales at the gate. COVID ushered that method in and many schools found that to be a much more efficient means of getting people into the stadium. I know Aberdeen did not have tickets at the gate for their game with Frederick last week. I believe that Linganore will still sell tickets at the gate but they encourage/want fans to purchase them online prior. Frederick County also moved their start time from 7:00pm to 6:30 as well. Montgomery County has been starting games at 6:30 for as long as I can remember.

Reactions: FHHSAHS
What significance does it matter what would've happened ten years ago? Your post literally makes no sense. It will still be light at 7:30 after a 5:00 start. It will not be light at 9:30. That's the difference.

Also, OM did try to reschedule the JV game to accommodate FH and FH said no. Regardless of why, they were offered a concession and declined. It sucks. Shit happens.
The reason it absolutely makes no sense is because they didn’t reschedule all their games at 5 o’clock they rescheduled one. I have breaking news storyfor you there have always been shootings around the Baltimore in DC area

Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
The reason it absolutely makes no sense is because they didn’t reschedule all their games at 5 o’clock they rescheduled one. I have breaking news storyfor you there have always been shootings around the Baltimore in DC area

So how do you know the rest of their games aren't going to be changed? Did OM tell someone they're only changing this game? Where did they say that? Maybe they're going to try it and see if it works. Maybe they're working with other teams now to see if they can readjust the schedule. How does anyone know what OM is or isn't planning to do?

Calling out a school trying to do something in response to a dangerous situation as sissies and it's a cancel culture over a football game? Some of y'all sound like a bunch of entitled pricks. Jesus.

Reactions: CrickRat23
Hopefully it’s a good game and someone puts updates on here, not too often do you see a 1A school play a decent large school. I will be at the Allegany game

Last edited:
So how do you know the rest of their games aren't going to be changed? Did OM tell someone they're only changing this game? Where did they say that? Maybe they're going to try it and see if it works. Maybe they're working with other teams now to see if they can readjust the schedule. How does anyone know what OM is or isn't planning to do?

Calling out a school trying to do something in response to a dangerous situation as sissies and it's a cancel culture over a football game? Some of y'all sound like a bunch of entitled pricks. Jesus.
I’m sorry For upsetting you. You’re probably driving in your car right now with a face diaper on. Relax

There is more to this story I can't fully get into that go beyond cancelling a game. Just because it's their home game does not dismiss the needs of the visiting team. So I do not agree with you at all from this view point. The inability to work together and have open dialog is not there. At all. FH literally had to find out about the cancellation and game shift through another source. Cluster.

If you also notice, Old Mill did not bring their JV here last year. Should have told them the Fort Hill JV isn't going to accommodate for 2022 back in February. But that's not what cooperation and helping others is about.

I am OK with the varsity time change despite it meaning some parents can't get down there to watch their child now. Not happy about cancelling the JV game though. I know it's only JV but cancelling games at the last minute without the ability to resolve or even discuss the issue isn't kosher.

MPSSAA rules allow one game per week. Neither can play on Monday. They have a JV game, FH has a JV game next week. Simple logic. Not sure why that was even put on the table. Just part of the cluster.

My call is to play both games at their place on Saturday. Still no response to that. Still no response to that. Still no response to that. Repeat again. No response. There are no Old Mill athletic events scheduled at their field from my research. If there is, just say so. It's that simple. Not responding just part of the cluster.

Old Mill plays all JV and Varsity football games on Fridays. 4:45 and 7:00. It's a reasonable question in response to what are the security concerns. We still don't know fully what the security concerns are. Um, yea.

I'm sure I come off as too much of a complainer. I post other things too :) Many administrators probably hate seeing me make stuff public with info I am privy to. That's who I am. It's my nature to look out for children. Especially when they don't have a say like when COVID hit. I was relentless during that stretch - some good, some bad. I learned.

If the roles were reversed, I would go out of my way to roll out the red carpet for Old Mill or any school. Whatever they needed I'm on it. I am mostly frustrated from the lack of response and the ignoring of phone calls and emails to make this good for our students while keeping them safe...and the fact I had to find out about it from a radio station.

Last edited:

Typical small town drama and mentality. So glad I moved. Everytime I go through there it seems to have a dark cloud hanging over it.

For those who think this is not a big deal, I have to disagree. First and foremost if the venue is not safe for a 7pm kick, its not safe for a 5pm kick. Unfortunately the bad guys look at opportunity not at their watches. Now days the bad guys do their deeds just as much in broad daylight as they do in the cover of darkness. Therefore if the venue is unsafe either cancel the game or change the venue, those 2 hours mean nothing to those who want to cause trouble. As for those who think its no big deal that the jv game was cancelled must never had a child play jv sports. What may not seem important to us, is very important to them. Now lets take a look at this angle. Who benefits most by the time change. Traveling 2 1/2 by bus and sitting through a jv game allows the varsity time to relax and get their land legs back, (advantage home team) the time shift also creates a problem for not only the parents, and supporters, but also the student body to attend, and we all know how well and enthusiastically the Sentinel faithful travel.(advantage home team) At the end of the day its should always be about the kids and their safety, also about the parents watching their children play, and the student body rallying around a common cause. I certainly hope that all involved in the decision making took all of this into consideration, and were not just looking for a little extra advantage. If not the bad guys already won. By the way waiting until Wednesday to make this decision may also seem more strategic than concern. IMHO

Last edited:
For those who think this is not a big deal, I have to disagree. First and foremost if the venue is not safe for a 7pm kick, its not safe for a 5pm kick. Unfortunately the bad guys look at opportunity not at their watches. Now days the bad guys do their deeds just as much in broad daylight as they do in the cover of darkness. Therefore if the venue is unsafe either cancel the game or change the venue, those 2 hours mean nothing to those who want to cause trouble. As for those who think its no big deal that the jv game was cancelled must never had a child play jv sports. What may not seem important to us, is very important to them. Now lets take a look at this angle. Who benefits most by the time change. Traveling 2 1/2 by bus and sitting through a jv game allows the varsity time to relax and get their land legs back, (advantage home team) the time shift also creates a problem for not only the parents, and supporters, but also the student body to attend, and we all know how well and enthusiastically the Sentinel faithful travel.(advantage home team) At the end of the day its should always be about the kids and their safety, also about the parents watching their children play, and the student body rallying around a common cause. I certainly hope that all involved in the decision making took all of this into consideration, and were not just looking for a little extra advantage. If not the bad guys already won. By the way waiting until Wednesday to make this decision may also seem more strategic than concern. IMHO
Well said!!!!!!

It's jayvee. Stop making little kids the most important thing in your life.

If two hours makes no difference, stop crying about it.

The perpetual victim mentality is destroying this country.

I'm sure I come off as too much of a complainer. I post other things too :) Many administrators probably hate seeing me make stuff public with info I am privy to. That's who I am. It's my nature to look out for children. Especially when they don't have a say like when COVID hit. I was relentless during that stretch - some good, some bad. I learned.
But that's the problem, as you admitted in the post above you can't/didn't divulge all the info, so we don't have all the information on this. If you're going to post publicly calling out a school for suggested conspiracy against FH under the guise of safety for their own students and fans, but then don't go into everything, you set up the discussion for reactions based on assumptions.

As of right now the only thing that seems to be fact is - at last week's game there was an altercation on school property afterwards. OM has moved the start of the game up to 5:00 (instead of 6:30, which is when they actually start most of their games) citing safety concerns. Agree with it or not, that is what they decided and it's their prerogative to do so.

In doing so, it eliminated the ability to play the JV game at 5. They offered Monday, FH couldnt do it. Unfortunately, it totally sucks that JV is going to lose that game. OM is welcome to consider other counteroffers from FH, but is not required to accept them.

That's the only info we have on this, so if there is more, that should probably be shared if you're going to open the lid in the first place. Otherwise, just share that the game was moved up and the JV game was canceled due to not being able to find a reschedule date, cause that's all that any of us have been told otherwise.
If the roles were reversed, I would go out of my way to roll out the red carpet for Old Mill or any school. Whatever they needed I'm on it. I am mostly frustrated from the lack of response and the ignoring of phone calls and emails to make this good for our students while keeping them safe...and the fact I had to find out about it from a radio station.

And I dont disagree with you. But it also shows a much different perspective on football and athletics in our area, especially at Fort Hill, than it does in many other parts of the state. OM is dealing with a safety issue, their first priority is making sure they do what they feel they need to do in order to address that and keep people safe...and THEN they'll figure out the logistics of the JV game and rescheduling. Sounds like it was people first, then football. That's probably how it should be.

The overarching issue on this is, based on the info that you have shared, it's more of an issue of you not agreeing with how OM does things, as opposed to they blatantly did something out of a conspiracy against FH. I'm trying to look at this logically instead of emotionally.

But that's the problem, as you admitted in the post above you can't/didn't divulge all the info, so we don't have all the information on this. If you're going to post publicly calling out a school for suggested conspiracy against FH under the guise of safety for their own students and fans, but then don't go into everything, you set up the discussion for reactions based on assumptions.

As of right now the only thing that seems to be fact is - at last week's game there was an altercation on school property afterwards. OM has moved the start of the game up to 5:00 (instead of 6:30, which is when they actually start most of their games) citing safety concerns. Agree with it or not, that is what they decided and it's their prerogative to do so.

In doing so, it eliminated the ability to play the JV game at 5. They offered Monday, FH couldnt do it. Unfortunately, it totally sucks that JV is going to lose that game. OM is welcome to consider other counteroffers from FH, but is not required to accept them.

That's the only info we have on this, so if there is more, that should probably be shared if you're going to open the lid in the first place. Otherwise, just share that the game was moved up and the JV game was canceled due to not being able to find a reschedule date, cause that's all that any of us have been told otherwise.

And I dont disagree with you. But it also shows a much different perspective on football and athletics in our area, especially at Fort Hill, than it does in many other parts of the state. OM is dealing with a safety issue, their first priority is making sure they do what they feel they need to do in order to address that and keep people safe...and THEN they'll figure out the logistics of the JV game and rescheduling. Sounds like it was people first, then football. That's probably how it should be.

The overarching issue on this is, based on the info that you have shared, it's more of an issue of you not agreeing with how OM does things, as opposed to they blatantly did something out of a conspiracy against FH. I'm trying to look at this logically instead of emotionally.
There may not be a varsity game played at all either. Will know by noon tomorrow. Sorry if it messes up anyone's travel plans. Not safe. Something happened. You don't need to know what or why, just accept it. Don't ask questions. Old Mill will notify Cumberland when they see fit. That seems to be the mentality with how I read into your post.

Which is also how this whole ordeal has gone down from the start. It's not that OM had security issues. We get that and what can we do to help. Work with us. At least answer the phone or email. Is your field open Saturday and is that an option? No reply. And before you let the radio station know please contact FH first. Is that asking too much? Maybe those details will help some of you reading this.

Last edited:
There may not be a varsity game played at all either. Will know by noon tomorrow. Sorry if it messes up anyone's travel plans. Not safe. Something happened. You don't need to know what or why, just accept it. Don't ask questions. Old Mill will notify Cumberland when they see fit. That seems to be the mentality with how I read into your post.

Which is also how this whole ordeal has gone down from the start. It's not that OM had security issues. We get that and what can we do to help. Work with us. At least answer the phone or email. Is your field open Saturday and is that an option? No reply. And before you let the radio station know please contact FH first. Is that asking too much? Maybe those details will help some of you reading this.
Well that's just common curtesy, which our world truly lacks today. That too makes it seem more strategic then concerning on OM part. I certainly hope that is not the case. If safety of the venue is the true issue then the schools working together to find a common ground is an absolute must. Being familiar with the area there are probably 15 schools within a 7-10 mile radius of Old Mill that probably could have helped with this issue either Friday, or Saturday.

I get it, Old Mill didn't deal with their security issue fast enough or with Fort Hill football in mind. And some people are upset about that.

I get it, Old Mill didn't deal with their security issue fast enough or with Fort Hill football in mind. And some people are upset about that.
As well they should be!!!! If I were a parent of a Fort Hill player I would want to know every detail of every incident that possibly could involve the welfare of my child, and would want that information as soon as possible. If there is still an issue that hasn't been resolved yet, I may have to think twice about sending my child at all. Waiting until noon on Friday to decide if its safe to play at 5pm means that its unsafe, and yes Old Mill should have handled this with the Fort Hill players and their families in mind. Seems people keep thinking this is all about Fort Hill football. Well its not!!!! Its about any school and their players and families. Not handled properly by Old Mill as I see it.

Last edited:
Reactions: cumbfanatic
It's jayvee. Stop making little kids the most important thing in your life.

If two hours makes no difference, stop crying about it.

The perpetual victim mentality is destroying this country.
There is no victim mentality it’s a sissy mentality that says we have to cancel everything. Cancel guns they kill people. cancel gatherings people may get hurt. The president put out a mean tweet cancel him too. I can guarantee you if it’s not safe at 5 o’clock it’s not safe at seven but then again I have an IQ of at least 40. if you’re afraid to go to the game. You should definitely stay home. Drunk drivers are out there. Covid is out there too. i’m sure during the game that there will be at least a couple shootings in Baltimore and at least a couple and DC also.

Last edited:
There is no victim mentality it’s a sissy mentality that says we have to cancel everything. Cancel guns they kill people. cancel gatherings people may get hurt. The president put out a mean tweet cancel him too. I can guarantee you if it’s not safe at 5 o’clock it’s not safe at seven but then again I have an IQ of at least 40. if you’re afraid to go to the game. You should definitely stay home. Drunk drivers are out there. Covid is out there too. i’m sure during the game that there will be at least a couple shootings in Baltimore and at least a couple and DC also.
hahaha. Pretty much. Don't forget to put a mask on if you go to the bathroom.

Reactions: Tony54

living in the Baltimore/DC Metro area has always been dangerous. They choose to live there, people all have a choice in where they live.
if there was a contract for 7pm I would go at 7pm and take the forfeit.
This is nothing more than cancel culture...
not taking payments at the gate is also a joke.
don't worry covid will be gone before the Election in November...

living in the Baltimore/DC Metro area has always been dangerous. They choose to live there, people all have a choice in where they live.
if there was a contract for 7pm I would go at 7pm and take the forfeit.
This is nothing more than cancel culture...
not taking payments at the gate is also a joke.
don't worry covid will be gone before the Election in November...
I thought it was supposed to be gone right after the election in 2020?

MAGA tears... always beautiful 😅🤣😂

These are the same people who still think the 2020 election was stolen.

There is always a conspiracy against them going on. They are always the victim.

These are the same people who still think the 2020 election was stolen.

There is always a conspiracy against them going on. They are always the victim.
if you think Joe Biden got the most votes in History
got more votes than Obama ever did all the while Trump got more African American Votes and more Latino Votes than ever.... You are living in a different World.
The Victim? The Democrats are the ones always playing victim hell every time someone breaks the law and get shot it's always the Police's fault....
We had riots through the streets for months in all the democrat cities and nothing was done from people getting killed to stealing, robberies, beatings, burning a police station and a church down all the while running inside of stores and out with stuff they called free while the Police were told to standby and watch and do nothing.
Yet we spent money on another witch hunt over Jan 6th....
please please let me take a ride on that spaceship you keep taking to outer space!!

• Haha
Reactions: Dwj21
if you think Joe Biden got the most votes in History
got more votes than Obama ever did all the while Trump got more African American Votes and more Latino Votes than ever.... You are living in a different World.
The Victim? The Democrats are the ones always playing victim hell every time someone breaks the law and get shot it's always the Police's fault....
We had riots through the streets for months in all the democrat cities and nothing was done from people getting killed to stealing, robberies, beatings, burning a police station and a church down all the while running inside of stores and out with stuff they called free while the Police were told to standby and watch and do nothing.
Yet we spent money on another witch hunt over Jan 6th....
please please let me take a ride on that spaceship you keep taking to outer space!!
That’s some straight truth right there!!

• Haha
Reactions: Dwj21
Being very familiar with, and having friends in the Old Mill district, I got a little info about the safety issue. Apparently there was a big brawl between the student bodies of Old Mill and North County that got way out of control. this has been building and escalating over the past 20 years. Just a little insight, much like Cumberland in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, with Fort Hill, Alco, and Bishop Walsh, Old Mill, North County, and Glen Burnie High Schools are very close to each other. Like Cumberland most of these kids grew up playing with and against each other since pee-wee leagues, some go to the same middle schools and get rezoned for high school. Always had been issues within the schools with families trying to manipulate the zoning to attend the school they wanted to play a particular sport. Yes the same things go on everywhere. From what I've known over the years these three schools have had fighting issues in all sports to the point of allowing only parents and siblings attend varsity sports. In the 60s, 70s, and 80s, if you went to a inter city game in Cumberland there was a chance you would come home with a bump, or bruise, some torn clothes, and at worst a black eye. there was also a good chance that whomever you were fighting with would be hanging out with you the next week. that's just how we grew up. Unfortunately in this world we live in today if things escalate to out of control your child may not come home alive. I truly believe that this was a Old Mill vs North County issue, not an Old Mill vs any high school in Md. problem. I have no actual conformation from anyone official from AACPS or Either high school only info from friends that have kids in both Old Mill, and North County. Therefore I believe the Fort Hill faithful should be very safe. Old Mill released an official changes on how to enter and remain in the stadium. BTW I seriously doubt the 2020 presidential election had any affect on the issues between FH and OM this week. SMH

Being very familiar with, and having friends in the Old Mill district, I got a little info about the safety issue. Apparently there was a big brawl between the student bodies of Old Mill and North County that got way out of control. this has been building and escalating over the past 20 years. Just a little insight, much like Cumberland in the 60s, 70s, and 80s, with Fort Hill, Alco, and Bishop Walsh, Old Mill, North County, and Glen Burnie High Schools are very close to each other. Like Cumberland most of these kids grew up playing with and against each other since pee-wee leagues, some go to the same middle schools and get rezoned for high school. Always had been issues within the schools with families trying to manipulate the zoning to attend the school they wanted to play a particular sport. Yes the same things go on everywhere. From what I've known over the years these three schools have had fighting issues in all sports to the point of allowing only parents and siblings attend varsity sports. In the 60s, 70s, and 80s, if you went to a inter city game in Cumberland there was a chance you would come home with a bump, or bruise, some torn clothes, and at worst a black eye. there was also a good chance that whomever you were fighting with would be hanging out with you the next week. that's just how we grew up. Unfortunately in this world we live in today if things escalate to out of control your child may not come home alive. I truly believe that this was a Old Mill vs North County issue, not an Old Mill vs any high school in Md. problem. I have no actual conformation from anyone official from AACPS or Either high school only info from friends that have kids in both Old Mill, and North County. Therefore I believe the Fort Hill faithful should be very safe. Old Mill released an official changes on how to enter and remain in the stadium. BTW I seriously doubt the 2020 presidential election had any affect on the issues between FH and OM this week. SMH

So it seems like the suburban mentality and the small town mentality/experience are quite similar....any reports of dark clouds over the Old Mill / Millersville area?

Last edited:
Reactions: ravemwp
So it seems like the suburban mentality and the small town mentality/experience are quite similar....any reports of dark clouds over the Old Mill / Millersville area?
In actuality yes. Anne Arundel County is one of the largest, and richest counties in Md. This area that is considered Glen Burnie is the northern most part of the county which borders right up to Baltimore City Proper. I don't mean any disrespect but this area where the 3 schools are located is considered the poorest part of AA county. Keep in mind that being the poorest part of a rich county isn't all bad. Many, many nice people and neighborhoods, its just that the rest of the county looks at them as the little sister of the poor, and the black eye of the county. Sometimes the people there take that very seriously, and not deserved. So yes the do have the small town mentality. Shameful that so many good people need to carry that with them. Many, many jokes have been slung towards GB in my lifetime, mostly coming from their nearest neighbors, like Pasadena, and Severna Park. I never lived there, but have had many work acquaintances live there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT