ADVERTISEMENT

FORT HILL ANNOUNCES 2016 FOOTBALL SCHEDULES

Why don't u call Todd Appel and Tom Preskorn and see if they'll let you do the scheduling.

FH has more titles in the last ten years than all the 3A and 4A titles of PG County. End of comparison.

Get Bowie or Suitland up here. FH will return the game. Bring it on. Oopps, they can't come here. Nevermind idiot.

I agree it's ridiculous to "pull out championship level 4A schools to compare FH with." I'm the one saying there's no comparison. You (and others) are saying they can compete, but you haven't played a team even close to that quality in over 7 years. You don't "hang trophies on the wall for beating Bowie or Suitland" but you do hang trophies for beating Forestville and Capital Christian? Name the last Top 20 Maryland team you played. I already mentioned it's funny Alco can come down here and play but FH somehow can't figure out the logistics.

I talked directly to someone who worked with the 1-95 Classic that told me FH turned down games 2 years in a row. That's a direct quote.

You ask me why FH stopped playing Martinsburg, I provided this link: http://articles.herald-mail.com/2006-10-21/news/25060214_1_fort-hill-drew-yurko-sentinels
Why don't you call the AD at Martinsburg this morning and make the game in 2018? I think we know why. Martinsburg has the same enrollment as Walter Johnson. That whole 1A argument is just an excuse, there are schools that play serious football and schools that don't. That's why FH can beat Walter Johnson. In fact, Cumberland is the only place I even hear people whining about being 1A.

I already mentioned that FH would finish in the middle of the pack of PG 4A South, which in itself is a compliment for a 1A school. I agree they can beat Parkdale, High Point and a few other schools that are not serious about football.

You talk about the "scholarship percentage between two Cumberland schools and PG County", I really don't care enough to do that research. But off the top of my head, I have already mentioned Brooks from DuVal going the UMD this season, and Butler from Douglass (2A) going to Syracuse this year (after turning down Florida State). I also already mentioned Kyle Arrington from Gwynn Park (2A) who plays for the Ravens and won a Super Bowl two years ago with the Pats. I already mentioned Navarro Bowman from Suitland who was in the Pro Bowl this season. I'm waiting for you to name one successful college player from FH.

Let's just keep going around in circles with your own quotes.

Once again, I'm not comparing PG to FH.

Check how many PG players get D1 scholarships every year. There was a PG player in the Super Bowl each of the last two years, and the Pro Bowl. How many successful college players has FH produced over the last 10 years?

I agree it's ridiculous to "pull out championship level 4A schools to compare FH with.

Why don't you call the AD at Martinsburg this morning and make the game in 2018? I think we know why. In the 4A playoffs...There aren't any Northerns and Forestvilles. There aren't any playoff games to rest the starters in the 4th quarter.

That's odd, I though Quince Orchard blew out a 6-5 Blair team.

You say one thing, then immediately repeat the opposite. I have no idea what you are trying to type. Why you keep posting the Martinsburg 2006 article is also beyond me. It states that FH left the CVAL to join the AMAC. It's common knowledge. The sky is blue, do you need a link?

I talked directly to someone who worked with the 1-95 Classic that told me FH turned down games 2 years in a row. That's a direct quote.
Well I talked with the Dunbar Poets and they turned down a chance to play in Cumberland 2 years in a row. That's a direct quote. What's your point?

Last edited:
Reactions: GREEN75
Hamspear, serious question, will Sherando be looking to get another horse?
Well , I couldn't imagine a game at Arrowhead without the Horse running on the field at the beginning. I know the owner of the horse has had some personal tragedy's in the past few years even without Dane passing away. I have not spoke to anyone directly on the matter, however I would imagine it is a priority subject at the Warrior club meetings. There are a few people that will make it happen somehow , if it needs funding.

FH has more titles in the last ten years than all the 3A and 4A titles of PG County. End of comparison.

Get Bowie or Suitland up here. FH will return the game. Bring it on. Oopps, they can't come here. Nevermind idiot.

I already explained the 4A situation to you. But since you're having trouble understanding, let me continue to explain. For the PG 2A teams they have to play the number two team again, either Douglass or Gwynn Park (Did I mention KA from Gwynn Park who is now playing for the Ravens?). Then they have to play the best 2A team from the SMAC which is a very hard out (Robert McClain from the SMAC is a CB for the Carolina Panthers). Then to win the title they have play the top 2A schools from Moco. There are no 5-5 Forestville teams in the 2A semi-finals. After the FH staff saw what happened in the DuVal scrimmage last year FH isn't playing a PG 4A team anytime in the near future.

I already explained the 4A situation to you. But since you're having trouble understanding, let me continue to explain. For the PG 2A teams they have to play the number two team again, either Douglass or Gwynn Park (Did I mention KA from Gwynn Park who is now playing for the Ravens?). Then they have to play the best 2A team from the SMAC which is a very hard out (Robert McClain from the SMAC is a CB for the Carolina Panthers). Then to win the title they have play the top 2A schools from Moco. There are no 5-5 Forestville teams in the 2A semi-finals. After the FH staff saw what happened in the DuVal scrimmage last year FH isn't playing a PG 4A team anytime in the near future.

LMAO, I can't believe how much importance you're putting into a SCRIMMAGE! Did DuVal game plan for it? What FH tendencies did they pick up to do so well against mostly FH backups? If you had any credibility here, your championing a SCRIMMAGE has extinguished that.

Let's just keep going around in circles with your own quotes.

Once again, I'm not comparing PG to FH.

Check how many PG players get D1 scholarships every year. There was a PG player in the Super Bowl each of the last two years, and the Pro Bowl. How many successful college players has FH produced over the last 10 years?

I agree it's ridiculous to "pull out championship level 4A schools to compare FH with.

Why don't you call the AD at Martinsburg this morning and make the game in 2018? I think we know why. In the 4A playoffs...There aren't any Northerns and Forestvilles. There aren't any playoff games to rest the starters in the 4th quarter.

That's odd, I though Quince Orchard blew out a 6-5 Blair team.

You say one thing, then immediately repeat the opposite. I have no idea what you are trying to type. Why you keep posting the Martinsburg 2006 article is also beyond me. It states that FH left the CVAL to join the AMAC. It's common knowledge. The sky is blue, do you need a link?

Well I talked with the Dunbar Poets and they turned down a chance to play in Cumberland 2 years in a row. That's a direct quote. What's your point?

You're taking my quotes out of context. I brought up the D1 scholarship players only AFTER you said, "PG teams aren't that good" - so yes if you're going to open your big mouth and make that statement I'm going to respond with info showing the kind of players PG is producing. When are you going to name a successful college player FH has produced?

The Martinsburg article talks about how they ran off 6 or 7 straight wins against you and now FH just happens to leave the CVAL? It could be a coincidence. Are you going to make that call to the Martinsburg AD?

Dunbar turned down a chance to play in Cumberland? OK, but we aren't talking about Dunbar. Dunbar plays in 2A and they have to face quality Maryland teams in the playoffs. FH hasn't played any quality Maryland teams in 7 or 8 years. My point with the I-95 Classic is you come on the board and claim you can't get any games but you're turning down games. Then you say you can't work out the financial aspects, but I pointed out Alco has come down here three time in recent years so it isn't rocket science.

LMAO, I can't believe how much importance you're putting into a SCRIMMAGE! Did DuVal game plan for it? What FH tendencies did they pick up to do so well against mostly FH backups? If you had any credibility here, your championing a SCRIMMAGE has extinguished that.

I actually agree with you. But that's the only reference point we have because FH hasn't played any serious Maryland schools in seven years. My comments are directed to the people who keep saying FH can beat Suitland, DuVal, Bowie, etc. - My comments are directed to Todd who came on here yesterday and said PG teams aren't good. These type of debates should be settled on the field.

And I have stated over and over you have no idea what you are talking about. FH doesn't doesn't wish to travel 2.5 hours for free. No one does including Dunbar or any one team from all of PG County. I never meant reference that PG teams were no good, just not as good as you are making them out to be. Teams their size like Virginia 6A would destroy them. End of debate.

You still repeatedly with every single post hammer the fact FH won't play 4A powers. Let it go, it's stupid. Alco and FH are Class 1A schools dude. Just wish FH well in their 4 peat quest and don't worry about small 1A schools and how they don't schedule 4A powers, especially given this playoff set up. I'm done debating this with you. Few share your opinion for obvious reasons. The voters around the state also don't agree. And even the Massey predictors don't agree. You are in the extreme minority.

2015 MASSEY PREDICTOR
FH 33 SUITLAND 21
FH 34 DUVAL 26
FH 36 BOWIE 28
and these are set with FH being the road team.
But this - and the state media poll - is not relevant...AND DO YOU KNOW WHY?

Because for the last time...nobody in all of Class 1A should be playing 4A Suitland, DuVal, Bowie or even Martinsburg to settle anything on the field. There is nothing to settle other than your distaste of a 1A school winning at the level they are assigned. What in the world is wrong with you?

Using BoyznBlue analogy. Sugar Ray Leonard should not be considered one of the best boxers of his generation because he wouldnt set up a fight with heavy weights Larry Holmes or Mike Tyson in their hometown for free.

Now, this is the story all about how
BlewBoyz life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there
I'll tell you how he became the dunce of a town with the IQ of a pear

In West Cumberland, born and raised
On the West Side playground is where he spent most of his days
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool
And all shootin' some pics outside of the school

When a couple of guys were up to no good, started making trouble in his neighborhood.
He got beat up in one little fight by a FH guy soundly and his mom got scared and said "you're moving with your auntie and uncle in PG County"

He whistled for a cab, and when it came near
The license plate said "Blewboyz" and it had Korn's face in the mirror
If anything he could say that this cab was free
But he thought "Nah forget it, FH wont play IMG"

He pulled up to the house about seven or eight,
and he yelled to the cabby "Yo homecoming is in November, we all know you'll blow it later."
looked at the record book and realized the last time Alco won there was a Beall Mountie (almost lol)
BlewBoyz was finally home to sit on his toilet as the Dunce of PG County

So since Boyz was unable to really prove his point that FH sucks the way he wanted to, we've now devolved into comparing how many students high schools put into the NFL. I believe little old Allegany beat the living tar out of Snow Hill and an NFL guy named Ben Tate in 2005. But Boyz' would contend Snow Hill is a more successful program because even though they got throttled and lost the title, they sent a guy to the NFL.

This is what you're arguing with people.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Using BoyznBlue analogy. Sugar Ray Leonard should not be considered one of the best boxers of his generation because he wouldnt set up a fight with heavy weights Larry Holmes or Mike Tyson in their hometown for free.

Possibly the analogy of the year.

Now, this is the story all about how
BlewBoyz life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute, just sit right there
I'll tell you how he became the dunce of a town with the IQ of a pear

In West Cumberland, born and raised
On the West Side playground is where he spent most of his days
Chillin' out, maxin', relaxin' all cool
And all shootin' some pics outside of the school

When a couple of guys were up to no good, started making trouble in his neighborhood.
He got beat up in one little fight by a FH guy soundly and his mom got scared and said "you're moving with your auntie and uncle in PG County"

He whistled for a cab, and when it came near
The license plate said "Blewboyz" and it had Korn's face in the mirror
If anything he could say that this cab was free
But he thought "Nah forget it, FH wont play IMG"

He pulled up to the house about seven or eight,
and he yelled to the cabby "Yo homecoming is in November, we all know you'll blow it later."
looked at the record book and realized the last time Alco won there was a Beall Mountie (almost lol)
BlewBoyz was finally home to sit on his toilet as the Dunce of PG County

You put way too much thought into this, lol - nice work though!

And I have stated over and over you have no idea what you are talking about. FH doesn't doesn't wish to travel 2.5 hours for free. No one does including Dunbar or any one team from all of PG County. I never meant reference that PG teams were no good, just not as good as you are making them out to be. Teams their size like Virginia 6A would destroy them. End of debate.

You still repeatedly with every single post hammer the fact FH won't play 4A powers. Let it go, it's stupid. Alco and FH are Class 1A schools dude. Just wish FH well in their 4 peat quest and don't worry about small 1A schools and how they don't schedule 4A powers, especially given this playoff set up. I'm done debating this with you. Few share your opinion for obvious reasons. The voters around the state also don't agree. And even the Massey predictors don't agree. You are in the extreme minority.

2015 MASSEY PREDICTOR
FH 33 SUITLAND 21
FH 34 DUVAL 26
FH 36 BOWIE 28
and these are set with FH being the road team.
But this - and the state media poll - is not relevant...AND DO YOU KNOW WHY?

Because for the last time...nobody in all of Class 1A should be playing 4A Suitland, DuVal, Bowie or even Martinsburg to settle anything on the field. There is nothing to settle other than your distaste of a 1A school winning at the level they are assigned. What in the world is wrong with you?

You repeatedly come up with these bogus polls, at first it was the Maryland Media and now it's the Massey Predictor, but you still haven't named one successful college player FH has produced recently. And you continue to take shots at PG schools, "Virginia 6A would destroy them?" What did the Massey Predictor say about the Keyser game? And then you continue to make outlandish statements, "I'm in the extreme minority?" People around the state basically consists of the guy in Frederick that runs the poll, lol. What are the college scouts saying?

And I do wish FH well, I've said repeatedly I support FH and Alco. I just don't believe they should be the #11 ranked team in the state. It's actually a joke to have them ranked higher than McNamara and other schools that have to play against real competition. But I do understand why locals get confused when they see them blowing out the cupcakes you schedule. With the teams they're going to play this year even the FH JV would only drop one or two games, lol. You're only fooling people on this board who don't see any other leagues and the ladies in the F Club, you aren't anybody that really counts.

Reactions: Big Campers Fan
FH going for 4 peat. Not happening in PG County EVER!

You care about scholarships, Cumberland cares about championships. You just proved the point.

Ty Johnson

Clay bothers- Marist
Ryan brinner- alderson brodus
Ty Johnson- Maryland.
How's 3 examples?

. But I do understand why locals get confused when they see them blowing out the cupcakes you schedule. .

They blow out the "best" in 1A. Regardless of cupcakes or not.

Locals get confused by the string of titles they win, and people like you who just can't stand it.

FH should play UP a class because they are too good for 1A. Paraphrasing, but you said it. But you were the first to jump on the anti-red wagon when some FH people dared make that suggestion about Dunbar. Wishy washy.

As they say...Haters gonna hate! Make fun of 'em when they lost in the playoffs, and dream up reasons to hate 'em when they win! This must be an awful painful 3+ years for ya! lol :D

You repeatedly come up with these bogus polls, at first it was the Maryland Media and now it's the Massey Predictor, but you still haven't named one successful college player FH has produced recently. And you continue to take shots at PG schools, "Virginia 6A would destroy them?" What did the Massey Predictor say about the Keyser game? And then you continue to make outlandish statements, "I'm in the extreme minority?" People around the state basically consists of the guy in Frederick that runs the poll, lol. What are the college scouts saying?

And I do wish FH well, I've said repeatedly I support FH and Alco. I just don't believe they should be the #11 ranked team in the state. It's actually a joke to have them ranked higher than McNamara and other schools that have to play against real competition. But I do understand why locals get confused when they see them blowing out the cupcakes you schedule. With the teams they're going to play this year even the FH JV would only drop one or two games, lol. You're only fooling people on this board who don't see any other leagues and the ladies in the F Club, you aren't anybody that really counts.
Many Many Teams Have College D1 Players and still can't win because they still need coaching and discipline to win.
I would say over the years 70% of the Teams on the schedule had better athletes faster and quicker and it's a good thing because when they take the Ass Whipping they can use that speed to get on the bus and get out of town as quick as possible. Sent Home with some Stadium Pizza of Coarse

BlewBoyz should apply for the chain gang. He moves the sticks better than anyone at Greenway.

This is coming from a outside perspective, I absolutely have no bone to pick with either side of this debate. But if anyone in Maryland is crazy enough to challenge the teams on FH schedule , then they are hands down a complete idiot. I said it before , the records speak for themselve. It doe not matter who you play in the regular season as long as you win the last game of the season. And I also pretty sure FH handle all teams in the state of Maryland with close to equivalent enrollment. Losing to a team of higher enrollment can humble you and make you even better, and it will happen. Every time I come on this board somebody is always crying about FH's schedule , your kidding right? Lol

This is coming from a outside perspective, I absolutely have no bone to pick with either side of this debate. But if anyone in Maryland is crazy enough to challenge the teams on FH schedule , then they are hands down a complete idiot. I said it before , the records speak for themselve. It doe not matter who you play in the regular season as long as you win the last game of the season. And I also pretty sure FH handle all teams in the state of Maryland with close to equivalent enrollment. Losing to a team of higher enrollment can humble you and make you even better, and it will happen. Every time I come on this board somebody is always crying about FH's schedule , your kidding right? Lol
Totally agree with your thoughts ...

Now I love the tradition of Fort Hill football but lets not get carried away, I coached Duval 88 state Champs in 3a, I coached Potomac 05' 06 2a State Champions, I coached High Point 92 4a runner up so I basically coached in the top 3 divisions in Maryland!! So my point is this if you think that Fort Hill would go into PG county and win 9 out of 10 games in a season where they play all the teams in that league you are delusional simple as that it is much harder to win consistently in the PG 4a then you think, you might beat a team every single time but it aint always easy week after week, I wonder what the response would be to this?? how many games would Fort Hill win if they started the season say at Suitland then Played Wise then Played Flowers then Played DuVal some teams face these types of schedules every single year!!! so I respect Fort Hills program a great deal, tremendous kids, fans and program but to think that as they currently sit that they would be in the thick of things in Pg 4a every year is a little misguided in my humble opinion, Not trying to get in some war of words just stating my opinion.

Now I love the tradition of Fort Hill football but lets not get carried away, I coached Duval 88 state Champs in 3a, I coached Potomac 05' 06 2a State Champions, I coached High Point 92 4a runner up so I basically coached in the top 3 divisions in Maryland!! So my point is this if you think that Fort Hill would go into PG county and win 9 out of 10 games in a season where they play all the teams in that league you are delusional simple as that it is much harder to win consistently in the PG 4a then you think, you might beat a team every single time but it aint always easy week after week, I wonder what the response would be to this?? how many games would Fort Hill win if they started the season say at Suitland then Played Wise then Played Flowers then Played DuVal some teams face these types of schedules every single year!!! so I respect Fort Hills program a great deal, tremendous kids, fans and program but to think that as they currently sit that they would be in the thick of things in Pg 4a every year is a little misguided in my humble opinion, Not trying to get in some war of words just stating my opinion.

Correct MDMO. I think every one here agrees with you to a good degree. What was being said is that enrollments are not the same. The statement was if they combined all three Allegany County Schools (Fort Hill, Allegany, Mountain Ridge) then the enrollments would be the same as the PG County 4A schools. If that were to happen, then make the comparison. Of which I believe the Allegany County "one big 4A school" would compete for the 4A title more times than not. Otherwise, why would anyone try to compare a 4A school with over 2000 students to Class 1A FH. It makes no sense.

I don't see anywhere that a FH poster would state FH currently could win the PG County league that included the 4A schools. That wouldn't happen. But why would anyone go there? I dunno, probably the whole point of this thread with the FH schedule.

Last edited:
I love all the ALCO people that just post the dumbest shit. When I'm having a bad day I just read all boyznblue post , it's like it's so dumb it's funny.. Thanks boyznblue you the man !

MDMO...no one of any real sane mind thinks that FH is going to blow into PG county and start chopping down the big 4A schools. Thats not the argument.

The constant theme here is that BoyznBlue, and really no one else...is trying to say that because FH doesnt play some predetermined selection of "top" teams he has compiled, regardless of size or enrollment, that they are somehow less worthy of whatever success they achieve.

On any given day could FH beat a Suitland or Wise..sure, maybe. Consistently, maybe not..it's a sheer numbers game. I've lost track of what Boyz is really even arguing at this point. There is this pervasive theme to his posts that most Fort Hill fans think that FH is the top school in the state and would beat anyone at anytime. I still don't know where that comes from. And regardless of how many times he wants to spout the "they haven't beaten any top 50 school in MD" it really doesnt make any sense. I dont think it's correct to say that FH is consistently less competitive than 50 other schools in MD, honestly. Even if you take the top 15 schools out of each 4a, 3a, and 2a...that's not 50 schools. FH has already proven 3 years in a row they are the top 1A school, and I'd say in the last few years, they'd be in the top few of 2A as well. That doesn't leave a whole heck of a lot of schools left...and there's no need to schedule Good Counsel, Wise or the like to prove anything otherwise.

MDMO, would you consider FH one of the top 50 football programs in the state? Top 25?

Nice job on the schedule!!!

FH is going to win its 4th title in a row. In 2017 they will compete to be the only school in Maryland football history to win 5 in a row.

FREAKING AWESOME!
FH Football is finally where it was always destined to be since the playoffs were formed in 1974.

You mean a 1A dynasty the way Valley was in the 70's and Smithsburg was in the 80's when Alco and FH fans would turn their nose up at such a suggestion? What happened was FH finally landed in a non-competitive class and the dynasty only happened when Alco FB became irrelevant and Dunbar moved out of 1A. FH has a 2A and 3A program (which is a tribute to them) but no one else in 1A comes close. Truthfully, FH should play up a class the way many PA teams with strong programs choose to do.

Yep pretty much like Alco did for 3 decades from 1975 to 2005. Lower class. Played Dunbar once. LOL

Except none of those teams ever won 4 state titles in a row. Including Dunbar.

Last edited:
FH had the toughest schedule for 1a, and scored more points than all teams in 1a. 1A is who we compete with... Someone earlier said "the no one will play us argument is getting old"... What 2a or 3a wants to play a 1a school that is a great program? Completely unnecessary for them, and makes complete sense on why they don't want to add a small (yet big) school to their schedule... Haters gonna hate! Enough said *mic dropped*

MDMO...no one of any real sane mind thinks that FH is going to blow into PG county and start chopping down the big 4A schools. Thats not the argument.

The constant theme here is that BoyznBlue, and really no one else...is trying to say that because FH doesnt play some predetermined selection of "top" teams he has compiled, regardless of size or enrollment, that they are somehow less worthy of whatever success they achieve.

On any given day could FH beat a Suitland or Wise..sure, maybe. Consistently, maybe not..it's a sheer numbers game. I've lost track of what Boyz is really even arguing at this point. There is this pervasive theme to his posts that most Fort Hill fans think that FH is the top school in the state and would beat anyone at anytime. I still don't know where that comes from. And regardless of how many times he wants to spout the "they haven't beaten any top 50 school in MD" it really doesnt make any sense. I dont think it's correct to say that FH is consistently less competitive than 50 other schools in MD, honestly. Even if you take the top 15 schools out of each 4a, 3a, and 2a...that's not 50 schools. FH has already proven 3 years in a row they are the top 1A school, and I'd say in the last few years, they'd be in the top few of 2A as well. That doesn't leave a whole heck of a lot of schools left...and there's no need to schedule Good Counsel, Wise or the like to prove anything otherwise.

MDMO, would you consider FH one of the top 50 football programs in the state? Top 25?[/Q

From a pure standpoint of program and history I would consider Fort Hill a top 10 program in the state of Maryland, now when it comes to the field of play yes they do have smaller numbers then most bigger schools but they have large numbers when it comes to the teams they face year in and year out in the 1A, I would love to see Fort Hill play bigger schools around the state but for the most part the coach's are scared that a 1A would beat them so they don't stand up to the Challenge we had the same thing at Potomac in the early 2000's we had a hard time filling out the sch. because most people didn't want to take an ass whipping from a 2A school!!! Hell during that time the 4A schools in PG wouldn't even scrimmage us and there were 4 or 5 within 20 miles!!!! But yes as a program I consider Fort Hill when just talking about football and not the rest of the who played who stuff they are a top 10 program!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT