ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill adds 3 TIME PA state champions Cathedral Prep to schedule

You have me mixed up with somebody else, I did NOT comment on McKenney or the defense.

No, I got the right guy. I never said *you* commented on McKenney, I said you quoted MY post about McKenney. That was you. On July 30 at 2:04 p.m. in post number 55 of this thread.

Go to a game at sherando and tell there band ain't playing the hole game

Not true, you just made this up. I spoke to Tom Dolan, Director of the VHSL, he was very clear it's not allowed in Virginia. I don't have the specific rule but here is the phone number: (434) 977-8475

Martinsburg High School...the band sits just outside of the end zone and consistently makes noise when the opposing team is inside the 20 going towards that end zone. No warning...no flags...

Maybe true, I've never covered a game there. I specifically referred to MD/DC/VA. Cumberland schools don't play Martinsburg any way so this point is irrelevant.

Last edited:
So you're equating Capitol Christian to Cathedral Prep? Of course Capitol Christian doesn't recruit on the level as Cathedral Prep. Just like Hancock isn't on the level of Fort Hill. That's stating the obvious and making comparisons between apples and oranges. I guess that's why I was having a hard time understanding what you were trying to convey. A better comparison would be Good Counsel, Dematha, St. Johns to Cathedral Prep, but of course that would defeat your argument.

"FH has the home field advantage with the crowd blowing the air horn and band playing while the other team is calling their plays (something not allowed anywhere else in the state), and of course the Greenway refs, and I think this is going to be a close game."

You do understand that this is a 2 year contract right? The following year Cathedral will have all the advantages of playing at home? You're stating the obvious and not weighing both sides of the coin in an attempt to do whatever it takes to cast this game in a negative light. Its not a good luck at all. Everyone can see it and in doing so it delegitimizes any other arguments you may have on this board.

It seems like you're not reading what I wrote. I said, "It's an excellent pick-up for FH and it's going to be a fun night at Greenway."

I also said the game next year at CP will be "extremely tough" because they will have the homefield advantage.

Last edited:
Telling a band to be quiet when an opposing team has the ball is one of the weakest rules in high school football.

At the collegiate level, it is up to the discretion of the official. I have never seen such a call at the collegiate level.

At Greenway, I have always wondered why such a call was made. Bands and fans are really a good distance from the field. I am rather confident officials on the field can hear a QB’s calls when under center. If the officials can hear calls, players can, too.

It is really an attempt to take the home team’s band and fans temporarily out of the game.

Home team advantage is just that...

MPSSAA has said it's unsportsmanlike for the bands to play during live action, however there isn't a specific rule against it. It's just considered common sense:

It's enforced everywhere except for at Greenway #StayClassy

Last edited:
Note: “entire region”

Note: “DC and Virginia”

Myth BUSTED!

It's against the rules in DC. If you remember FH tried it at Friendship and they made them stop immediately. I can get the exact rule for you.

It's against the rules in VA. Call Tom Dolan from the VHSL: (434) 977-8475

In Maryland it's considered unsportsmanlike, but there's no rule against it:

Greenway is only place it's allowed #StayClassy

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagmeister
Not true, you just made this up. I spoke to Tom Dolan, Director of the VHSL, he was very clear it's not allowed in Virginia. I don't have the specific rule but here is the phone number: (434) 977-8475
I dont care who you say you talked to i was there. Besides you have already proven what you are now go crawl back under your rock p.o.s

It's against the rules in DC. If you remember FH tried it at Friendship and they made them stop immediately. I can get the exact rule for you.

Was at that game to dont remember the band being told anything. However i do remember the piece of shit ref kneeling for the anthem and shity rap music being played the hole game

No, I got the right guy. I never said *you* commented on McKenney, I said you quoted MY post about McKenney. That was you. On July 30 at 2:04 p.m. in post number 55 of this thread.
Does anybody really believe fh needs a quarterback coach or an offensive coordinator..it's run right, run left, trap...c'mon - the players can do that without any help.
I never said I didn't reply, this is what I typed when I replied to your post. what is your point? I didn't comment or quote anything about what you said, I thought that was your point, that I was off topic.

You and I see eye to eye on this one. Boyz reasoning on this topic is, as I said, completely disingenuous. It's a complete red-herring argument to mention CP and Capital Christian in the same breath with recruiting. Just because both teams CAN recruit is irrelevant to the fact that one does it well - proven historically well, that is. And the other does not. When someone says "they recruit" in this context they're referring to a team that does it well.

For instance...Bishop Walsh has ALWAYS had the ability to recruit. But their basketball program this year was phenomenal. Why? Because they recruit well. So in context, saying playing BW basketball is tough because they recruit, NOW, is a completely different statement than saying it 5 years ago.

So basically your logic is if a team is good one year they will be good the next year no matter how many players they lose? That really makes sense to you? To use your own example, BW (B-Ball) improved in one year. Alco (B-Ball) regressed in just one year. If you want to talk elite football schools, Good Counsel has had off years. They were 6-5 in 2016. DeMatha only won 6 games a couple of years ago. Why is the concept of a rebuilding year so hard to understand? I'm not just pulling this out of thin air. The reporters that cover them used the term "total rebuild". And once again, I'm not saying FH is going to win, but it's going to be a close game.

Was at that game to dont remember the band being told anything. However i do remember the piece of shit ref kneeling for the anthem and shity rap music being played the hole game

I was standing on the sideline, it happened the first time Friendship had the ball. Go back and watch the tape #StayClassy

You just made that up about Sherando, lol. Maybe you were thinking about the FH band playing while Sherando had the ball the next year in Greenway, lol

Reactions: cumbfanatic

Nothing is what it used to be and it ain't goin' back.

I was standing on the sideline, it happened the first time Friendship had the ball. Go back and watch the tape #StayClassy

You just made that up about Sherando, lol. Maybe you were thinking about the FH band playing while Sherando had the ball the next year in Greenway, lol
No im sure i was in va mister journalist

So basically your logic is if a team is good one year they will be good the next year no matter how many players they lose? That really makes sense to you? To use your own example, BW (B-Ball) improved in one year. Alco (B-Ball) regressed in just one year. If you want to talk elite football schools, Good Counsel has had off years. They were 6-5 in 2016. DeMatha only won 6 games a couple of years ago. Why is the concept of a rebuilding year so hard to understand? I'm not just pulling this out of thin air. The reporters that cover them used the term "total rebuild". And once again, I'm not saying FH is going to win, but it's going to be a close game.
They are still a private school with the ability to recruit. Fort Hill is a private that does not recruit. I believe a private school that has had good success the last 4 years could rebuild allot faster wouldn't you

FH won't play Martinsburg so it doesn't matter any way, lol

Yep, your true colors are evident once more, Boyz.

Your agenda is ever-present.

You mentioned you cover the “entire region.” If you want to think you are accurate in your defense, so be it. Any reasonable poster who has followed you over the years knows your agenda.

You just could not help yourself with yet another post to degrade the highly successful FHHS football program. You do so, regardless of the topic.

On another topic, all other schools are permitted to “rebuild.” FH is not given the same opportunity.

When FH plays a tough opponent (I.e. MSJ, TJ, Cathederal, etc.), they are always rebuilding in your eyes.

Peace be with you.

Last edited:
They are still a private school with the ability to recruit. Fort Hill is a private that does not recruit. I believe a private school that has had good success the last 4 years could rebuild allot faster wouldn't you

Yes, we do agree about that.

Yep, your true colors are evident once more, Boyz.

Your agenda is ever-present.

You mentioned you cover the “entire region.” If you want to think you are accurate in your defense, so be it. Any reasonable poster who has followed you over the years knows your agenda.

You just could not help yourself with yet another post to degrade the highly successful FHHS football program. You do so, regardless of the topic.

On another topic, all other schools are permitted to “rebuild.” FH is not given the same opportunity.

When FH plays a tough opponent (I.e. MSJ, TJ, Cathederal, etc.), they are always rebuilding in your eyes.

Peace be with you.

I clearly said I covered games in MD/DC/VA. I don't know anything about WV and I've never attended a game in Martinsburg. Although I did go to UMD with Martinsburg star Dean Green.

The other dude said a Virginia school and I just called the VHSL and proved that wasn't true.

You brought up a WV school FH dropped over 10 years ago and I accurately pointed out this is irrelevant to the current conversation.

Now you are bringing up MSJ and TJ, two more schools that have zero to do with the conversation. I've never mentioned MSJ or TJ. Two more schools FH doesn't play any more.

I'm doing all fact checking, can you tell me a DC/MD/VA stadium where the opposing band is allowed to play during live action? Like I said, I waiting right here. #StayClassy

I clearly said I covered games in MD/DC/VA. I don't know anything about WV and I've never attended a game in Martinsburg. Although I did go to UMD with Martinsburg star Dean Green.

The other dude said a Virginia school and I just called the VHSL and proved that wasn't true.

You brought up a WV school FH dropped over 10 years ago and I accurately pointed out this is irrelevant to the current conversation.

Now you are bringing up MSJ and TJ, two more schools that have zero to do with the conversation. I've never mentioned MSJ or TJ. Two more schools FH doesn't play any more.

I'm doing all fact checking, can you tell me a DC/MD/VA stadium where the opposing band is allowed to play during live action? Like I said, I waiting right here. #StayClassy

As a journalist I thought you would be much better at synthesizing information, but then again...

Any reasonable poster who has followed you over the last several years knows your primary agenda, regardless of the topic.

Good day, Boyz.

Peace be with you.

You have already been told you just keep giving this load of shot about calling ad ads

Surrattsville came to Greenway in 2013 for the state semifinal. It was 26 degrees that night with snow blowing. They got beat 42-0. But their band played the entire night no matter who had the ball. Their drill team/cheer team of girls in skin tight gold glitter outfits with no sleeves and no pant legs danced to the music all night. They even stayed an entire 30 minutes after the game was over in the stands playing music and dancing. They were jammin straight old school funk all night, Sugar Hill Gang stuff... It was freaking awesome.

They visited again in 2014 for the semifinal and lost. But it wasn't as cold and it was a much more competitive game. Loved that Hornet Band.

The Douglass Ducks also had a real nice band. Played FH in Ravens Stadium. Both bands going at it in their own little band competition. All while the ball was being snapped despite being illegal in the MPSSAA playoffs. I still have the DVD if you want to see it happen. Bands are good. They never bothered me when I played, even when there was 85,000 people screaming in the stands with them. I loved it. Some people are obviously bitter about bands at football games and playing in the stands. A complainer is born every minute. #StayBitter

Last edited:
The FH band is awesome as well as other high school bands who support the football team and add to the atmosphere. As a player it was fun listening to the FH band and even believe they played Black Sabbath’s Iron Man back then. When FH had the ball and the band was blasting it in no way effected hearing calls from the quarterback’s calls to calls on the defense, or the whistle. The band had more kids in it back then, too. The only thing I think it could possibly affect is hollering from the open air booths down to the field but really, the comments on the band playing is just haterade. The person hating on it has is simply wrong and no amount of claims of journalistic background can change that.

Martinsburg's band not only played during games, they played in the end zone when FH was anywhere inside the 20 yard line.

Reactions: MCsoccerplex
It is pretty sad and/or comical that a person has made it his life’s goal to criticize the FH schedule at every turn. I am excited as hell about this game but in reality FH probably has no business scheduling this team and yet the main criticizer find weakness in FH for scheduling a team like Cathedral Prep.

Reactions: Tony54
Any idea when FH's roster will be posted on forthillfootball.net?

FH will need a speedy secondary to keep this game remotely respectable. It's a critical game if they're truly playing only a nine-game schedule, as shown on forthillfootball.net.

Any idea when FH's roster will be posted on forthillfootball.net?

FH will need a speedy secondary to keep this game remotely respectable. It's a critical game if they're truly playing only a nine-game schedule, as shown on forthillfootball.net.

All md schools only have 9 regular season games this year

NFHS, MPSSAA & WVSSAC Have No Rules on The Band Playing During Play.....
DC and VA may have rules but they are both liberal States that doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

Does anybody really believe fh needs a quarterback coach or an offensive coordinator..it's run right, run left, trap...c'mon - the players can do that without any help.
I never said I didn't reply, this is what I typed when I replied to your post. what is your point? I didn't comment or quote anything about what you said, I thought that was your point, that I was off topic.

My point was you replied to my quote about defense, by talking about offense. Off topic. Correct. We agree on the offense. Now we can move on.

Wow, for a journalist, you're summarizing skills are suspect. What I am saying is there is a difference between how schools that CAN recruit, go about it. My point was showing that Bishop Walsh has always been able to recruit, but it wasn't until they did it WELL, that it made a difference on their performance. Your logic is that any team that recruits has the same potential to be good. And while BW has proven that a change in tactics can lead to more success, you stop just short of pointing out that potential doesnt equal talent. YOU, no one else on this board, but YOU - the revered journalist who has all the AD's in the region (but not WV) on speed dial - lumped Capitol Christian in with Good Counsel in terms of 'being able to recruit'. Knowing full well that your post was completely disingenuous. No one thinks Capitol Christian, regardless of their recruiting abilities, is on a level with any reputable, established private that has success year after year. Your pointing out that they can recruit, as if it is relevant to the successes that CP has had, is meaningless. Hence, a red herring.

I definitely understand the concept of rebuilding/reloading. FH is doing that this year, as well, as they've lost their entire defense. And I totally understand the concept that a school like CP or Good Counsel will have years where they need to replace phenomenal talent, you're again being deceitful in your wording. A team like Good Counsel may not always be ranked in the national top 25. But if you, for one second, believe your own hype that a team like CP or GC isn't going to be consistently better than most schools, you're purposely being coy. When Good Counsel has an 'off-year' like in 2016, they are still competitive with DeMatha, who was undefeated in 2016. In fact two of GC's losses were in back to back games with DeMatha. Tell the whole story, that;s what a good journalist does...an "off-year" 6-5 Good Counsel in 2016 is probably still going to be heavily favored against most public schools in the state, especially a 1A school. That 'off year' Good Counsel still finished in the state top 10 and was nationally ranked higher than any Maryland public school in 2016.

So yes, my logic is that a good recruiting private school that is consistently good, can be expected to be consistently good from year to year, even if they lose good players.

Wow, for a journalist, you're summarizing skills are suspect. What I am saying is there is a difference between how schools that CAN recruit, go about it. My point was showing that Bishop Walsh has always been able to recruit, but it wasn't until they did it WELL, that it made a difference on their performance. Your logic is that any team that recruits has the same potential to be good. And while BW has proven that a change in tactics can lead to more success, you stop just short of pointing out that potential doesnt equal talent. YOU, no one else on this board, but YOU - the revered journalist who has all the AD's in the region (but not WV) on speed dial - lumped Capitol Christian in with Good Counsel in terms of 'being able to recruit'. Knowing full well that your post was completely disingenuous. No one thinks Capitol Christian, regardless of their recruiting abilities, is on a level with any reputable, established private that has success year after year. Your pointing out that they can recruit, as if it is relevant to the successes that CP has had, is meaningless. Hence, a red herring.

I definitely understand the concept of rebuilding/reloading. FH is doing that this year, as well, as they've lost their entire defense. And I totally understand the concept that a school like CP or Good Counsel will have years where they need to replace phenomenal talent, you're again being deceitful in your wording. A team like Good Counsel may not always be ranked in the national top 25. But if you, for one second, believe your own hype that a team like CP or GC isn't going to be consistently better than most schools, you're purposely being coy. When Good Counsel has an 'off-year' like in 2016, they are still competitive with DeMatha, who was undefeated in 2016. In fact two of GC's losses were in back to back games with DeMatha. Tell the whole story, that;s what a good journalist does...an "off-year" 6-5 Good Counsel in 2016 is probably still going to be heavily favored against most public schools in the state, especially a 1A school. That 'off year' Good Counsel still finished in the state top 10 and was nationally ranked higher than any Maryland public school in 2016.

So yes, my logic is that a good recruiting private school that is consistently good, can be expected to be consistently good from year to year, even if they lose good players.

When you recruit, half the leverage would be the beacon of success that automatically gives you the attention of the prospective athletes. Better school? Better recognition in a larger venue? But lest we forget the promise of championship play: no doubt Dunbar's run in 1A was perhaps the largest draw in their run. Those who ignore this similarity to FH are simply ignoring the facts relating to FH's depth and talent. To this, I greatly admire the increase level of competition that FH is pursuing.

FH is now showcasing its efforts. I could not be more proud of what they are doing for their young men, and in turn showcasing Cumberland.

Reactions: RedPride97
Can’t imagine a football game without a band

I don't know when all this started, but the bands did not play through plays on the field historically. Allegany had the drum section and some horns that enhanced the cheers. They would then play a little diddy at timeouts and scores. All this other stuff is, in fact recent.... though i am not sure how recent.

Surrattsville came to Greenway in 2013 for the state semifinal. It was 26 degrees that night with snow blowing. They got beat 42-0. But their band played the entire night no matter who had the ball. Their drill team/cheer team of girls in skin tight gold glitter outfits with no sleeves and no pant legs danced to the music all night. They even stayed an entire 30 minutes after the game was over in the stands playing music and dancing. They were jammin straight old school funk all night, Sugar Hill Gang stuff... It was freaking awesome.

They visited again in 2014 for the semifinal and lost. But it wasn't as cold and it was a much more competitive game. Loved that Hornet Band.

The Douglass Ducks also had a real nice band. Played FH in Ravens Stadium. Both bands going at it in their own little band competition. All while the ball was being snapped despite being illegal in the MPSSAA playoffs. I still have the DVD if you want to see it happen. Bands are good. They never bothered me when I played, even when there was 85,000 people screaming in the stands with them. I loved it. Some people are obviously bitter about bands at football games and playing in the stands. A complainer is born every minute. #StayBitter

You said Surrattsville did it in Greenway when I clearly noted Greenway was the only place it was allowed. Are you even reading?

Post the video when Douglass and FH did it at Ravens Stadium. If you have the DVD it should only take about 5 minutes to upload to You Tube #StayClassy

Do you have the list of the "tons" of FH players from last year that received college offers? That was a direct quote from you.

I don't know when all this started, but the bands did not play through plays on the field historically. Allegany had the drum section and some horns that enhanced the cheers. They would then play a little diddy at timeouts and scores. All this other stuff is, in fact recent.... though i am not sure how recent.

It is not out of hand and as offensive as it being made out to be. It does happen from time-to-time and if a band is told to stop by the refs, they do. They typically don’t have to be told twice. In FH’s case, it’s really just kids having fun and using their time wisely, to make music, add to the event/atmosphere. I have never heard the FH band play a tune or purposefully beat the drums loud or blow horns annoyingly to drown out calls, which is almost impossible anyway. If they happen to be playing during the snap it is a show tune, a pop song or one of the traditional songs other than “Anchors Aweigh.”

Reactions: RedPride97

We just agree to disagree, no point in going back and forth. As I keep saying the reporters said "total rebuild." The newspapers up there should have their season preview out in a couple of weeks.

Boyz calling himself a journalist. That's rich bro. Got a few links to all your work?

LOL, I have been a paid journalist for over 20 years. I could post a lot of stuff, but it's not going to convince you any way so I'm not going to waste my time. But I will stay on topic and post a few things I've done in WMD. I posted this before here. I spoke pretty glowingly for a hater, lol: https://ibb.co/XLc2cS7

Also, I wrote the cover story for this month's Allegany Magazine, check it out if you get a chance. Available for purchase at the book store on Centre Street: https://www.times-news.com/allegany...cle_b87c862a-ae30-11e9-a3ea-b7c90f5200d4.html

You said Surrattsville did it in Greenway when I clearly noted Greenway was the only place it was allowed. Are you even reading?

Post the video when Douglass and FH did it at Ravens Stadium. If you have the DVD it should only take about 5 minutes to upload to You Tube #StayClassy

Do you have the list of the "tons" of FH players from last year that received college offers? That was a direct quote from you.

I will see if there is an easy way for me to pull the clips. Especially off of Hudl where I see the 2017 Mountain Ridge and 2018 Southern bands playing while the ball was being snapped. Those were games not at Greenway. To even remotely suggest that Greenway is the only place in MD where it happens is severely illogical.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT