ADVERTISEMENT

Fort Hill adds 3 TIME PA state champions Cathedral Prep to schedule

I don't get your point that you're trying to convey as it pertains to my post?

You were talking about the "ability to recruit" but that doesn't mean you can recruit a great team. Capitol Christian and Serra Christian also have the "ability to recruit", so what? Also, if you read my original comment the first thing I said this game is an excellent pick-up for FH.

I asked the guys in PA that cover the team what their opinion was, and they said this team is losing a lot. And like I said, FH has the home field advantage with the crowd blowing the air horn and band playing while the other team is calling their plays (something not allowed anywhere else in the state), and of course the Greenway refs, and I think this is going to be a close game. I think it's funny everyone else is saying, oh yeah CP was good last year so they're automatically going to be good again this year without any analysis or context, lol.

You were talking about the "ability to recruit" but that doesn't mean you can recruit a great team. Capitol Christian and Serra Christian also have the "ability to recruit", so what? Also, if you read my original comment the first thing I said this game is an excellent pick-up for FH.

I asked the guys in PA that cover the team what their opinion was, and they said this team is losing a lot. And like I said, FH has the home field advantage with the crowd blowing the air horn and band playing while the other team is calling their plays (something not allowed anywhere else in the state), and of course the Greenway refs, and I think this is going to be a close game. I think it's funny everyone else is saying, oh yeah CP was good last year so they're automatically going to be good again this year without any analysis or context, lol.
Something not allowed anywhere else in the state thats bullshit in the playoffs its not allowed get your shit straight

If it’s not allowed in the playoffs, then it’s against the rules lol. Maybe he is saying most places follow the rules. Local officials have come accustomed to it, so they allow it, is what he is saying I think

Reactions: BoyznBlue

All this other stuff aside, if FH can't cover the pass they lose. If FH lost its entire secondary, will they be game ready against a talented squad with more game experience?

"The Greenway Refs", lol. Did you watch the Hollidaysburg game last season at the stadium?

If it’s not allowed in the playoffs, then it’s against the rules lol. Maybe he is saying most places follow the rules. Local officials have come accustomed to it, so they allow it, is what he is saying I think
Been to plenty of away games we're the band keeps playing so its bullshit. Playoffs they will stop the game and ask them to stop and to me that's not right either its high school football its part of it. This dick head reaching for any excuse he thinks he can find. Pathetic

Reactions: Waggle Pass
Something not allowed anywhere else in the state thats bullshit in the playoffs its not allowed get your shit straight

Let me be clear, I've never seen it allowed anywhere else in this entire region except for Greenway. And I cover games all over the state and DC and sometimes Virginia. If you notice every time FH plays away the opposing coaches complain about it immediately and makes them stop. But this is what I'm referring to as home field advantage. FH won't be allowed to get away with that next season when they play at CP.

Been to plenty of away games we're the band keeps playing so its bullshit. Playoffs they will stop the game and ask them to stop and to me that's not right either its high school football its part of it. This dick head reaching for any excuse he thinks he can find. Pathetic

Name the stadium where you saw this and I'll call the AD of those schools today and confirm if this is allowed at their stadium. I'll be waiting right here for your answer.

Name the stadium where you saw this and I'll call the AD of those schools today and confirm if this is allowed at their stadium. I'll be waiting right here for your answer.
Start with southern Hollidaysburg years ago Brunswick srart dialing little boyz blue

Go to a game at sherando and tell there band ain't playing the hole game

So you're equating Capitol Christian to Cathedral Prep? Of course Capitol Christian doesn't recruit on the level as Cathedral Prep. Just like Hancock isn't on the level of Fort Hill. That's stating the obvious and making comparisons between apples and oranges. I guess that's why I was having a hard time understanding what you were trying to convey. A better comparison would be Good Counsel, Dematha, St. Johns to Cathedral Prep, but of course that would defeat your argument.

"FH has the home field advantage with the crowd blowing the air horn and band playing while the other team is calling their plays (something not allowed anywhere else in the state), and of course the Greenway refs, and I think this is going to be a close game."

You do understand that this is a 2 year contract right? The following year Cathedral will have all the advantages of playing at home? You're stating the obvious and not weighing both sides of the coin in an attempt to do whatever it takes to cast this game in a negative light. Its not a good luck at all. Everyone can see it and in doing so it delegitimizes any other arguments you may have on this board.

"I think it's funny everyone else is saying, oh yeah CP was good last year so they're automatically going to be good again this year without any analysis or context, lol"

Once again Cathedral is a traditional heavy weight powerhouse private school and 3x defending 4A Pa state champs with all the resources and advantages of recruiting on the same level as many D.C. and Baltimore private powerhouses (see apples to apples.) They may not automatically be good this year just as FH may not be good this year. What we do know without assuming is that they have all the advantages and HISTORY of being good and that's all you can ask for.

Reactions: FHHSAHS
That sherando game at sherando was one of the greatest games I ever watched. It showed graves could pass if fort hill needed him too

That sherando game at sherando was one of the greatest games I ever watched. It showed graves could pass if fort hill needed him too
It was a great game and the atmosphere with the crowd the horse running out onto the field was nuts.

"I think it's funny everyone else is saying, oh yeah CP was good last year so they're automatically going to be good again this year without any analysis or context, lol"

The New England Patriots may not be good this year. But they have a history of being good. And based off that history I can't fault anyone for "ASSUMING" that they would be good this year. Furthermore, I couldn't fault anyone for scheduling the Patriots as it seems you're doing with FH scheduling CP.

Last edited:

Martinsburg High School...the band sits just outside of the end zone and consistently makes noise when the opposing team is inside the 20 going towards that end zone. No warning...no flags...

Last edited:
Reactions: RedPride97

Come to think of it, the Keyser band didn't abruptly stop playing when Alco set for plays. (This was at the last Alco/Keyser home game I attended at Greenway a few years back.) Of course, no problem with the Allegany band since they dispersed at halftime, differing to a recording of 'Tis Allegany' for the scores.

Telling a band to be quiet when an opposing team has the ball is one of the weakest rules in high school football.

At the collegiate level, it is up to the discretion of the official. I have never seen such a call at the collegiate level.

At Greenway, I have always wondered why such a call was made. Bands and fans are really a good distance from the field. I am rather confident officials on the field can hear a QB’s calls when under center. If the officials can hear calls, players can, too.

It is really an attempt to take the home team’s band and fans temporarily out of the game.

Home team advantage is just that...

Dude said region

And like I said, FH has the home field advantage with the crowd blowing the air horn and band playing while the other team is calling their plays (something not allowed anywhere else in the state),

Theres his first mention

There's you literally repeating what he said in his post... clearly using the word state.

You want to keep burying yourself?

The New England Patriots may not be good this year. But they have a history of being good. And based off that history I can't fault anyone for "ASSUMING" that they would be good this year. Furthermore, I couldn't fault anyone for scheduling as it seems you're doing.

You and I see eye to eye on this one. Boyz reasoning on this topic is, as I said, completely disingenuous. It's a complete red-herring argument to mention CP and Capital Christian in the same breath with recruiting. Just because both teams CAN recruit is irrelevant to the fact that one does it well - proven historically well, that is. And the other does not. When someone says "they recruit" in this context they're referring to a team that does it well.

For instance...Bishop Walsh has ALWAYS had the ability to recruit. But their basketball program this year was phenomenal. Why? Because they recruit well. So in context, saying playing BW basketball is tough because they recruit, NOW, is a completely different statement than saying it 5 years ago.

Boyz, you're really off-base on this one. Especially in the name of being a "fair and balanced" journalist.

Reactions: bigsavage
And like I said, FH has the home field advantage with the crowd blowing the air horn and band playing while the other team is calling their plays (something not allowed anywhere else in the state),

Theres his first mention

There's you literally repeating what he said in his post... clearly using the word state.

You want to keep burying yourself?

Come to think of it.... the worst fan experience and noise I witnessed during a game was at Ridge against FH. First, there was the utterly profane (and I mean streaming 4 letter word profane) rap music played nauseatingly loud during pregame with the cheerleaders all gyrating to it.

Then, this 'Ridge mom' started shaking this huge cowbell every time FH set for a play.... I kid you not. Maybe shaking isn't the right word.... Wailing it with two hands is more appropriate.

We moved but that only reduced the noise somewhat. So, you see, this fan crap exists in other places.

Come to think of it.... the worst fan experience and noise I witnessed during a game was at Ridge against FH. First, there was the utterly profane (and I mean streaming 4 letter word profane) rap music played nauseatingly loud during pregame with the cheerleaders all gyrating to it.

Then, this 'Ridge mom' started shaking this huge cowbell every time FH set for a play.... I kid you not. Maybe shaking isn't the right word.... Wailing it with two hands is more appropriate.

We moved but that only reduced the noise somewhat. So, you see, this fan crap exists in other places.

The comment was about the band playing while teams are at the line of scrimmage calling plays, so your comment seems more "old man yells at cloud" than anything else.

Not really sure what your complaint with pregame rap music and paying customers with bells has to do with the band playing during the cadence.

The comment was about the band playing while teams are at the line of scrimmage calling plays, so your comment seems more "old man yells at cloud" than anything else.

Not really sure what your complaint with pregame rap music and paying customers with bells has to do with the band playing during the cadence.

Well, for sure I was making a general reference about apposing noise (and general annoyance) at high school football games . The cowbell was easily as loud as any band.

Well the old man thing.... I guess maybe guilty... But, first you got blaring 'F#ck my Ho' music at a high school football game and then (no wonder) you got erotic 9 year old tranny dancers and LBGTQ library book readings where the children are encouraged to interact physically with the readers.... So, yelling at a cloud... Yes I guess.

The FH 'horn' was mentioned in this thread and for sure we all heard it. Believe me that cowbell was worse because the horn blared once and the cowbell continued. And personally, I don't care if a person paid or not. I have been to a lot of pro games and never seen or experienced that... I will take a loud drunk over that.

All I was adding is that there is a lot of loud - and even off color shit - going on at high school games in the area and the FH band playing through the other teams plays is but a part.

That's all.

Come to think of it, the Keyser band didn't abruptly stop playing when Alco set for plays. (This was at the last Alco/Keyser home game I attended at Greenway a few years back.) Of course, no problem with the Allegany band since they dispersed at halftime, differing to a recording of 'Tis Allegany' for the scores.
Bands playing during the game is part high school football to me. When Fh plays away i fully expect to hear the opponent to make noise beat the drums all that shit. I grew up watching and playing in some games in the cval FH and martinsburgs bands would go back and forth the hole game. It makes the atmosphere in a stadium. And I think its a shame alcos band dosen't support the football team more.

Bands playing during the game is part high school football to me. When Fh plays away i fully expect to hear the opponent to make noise beat the drums all that shit. I grew up watching and playing in some games in the cval FH and martinsburgs bands would go back and forth the hole game. It makes the atmosphere in a stadium. And I think its a shame alcos band dosen't support the football team more.

If memory serves (and I mean no where near recent), The Alco drum section used to play along with the cheers... but always stop when the field headed to the line of scrimmage. During timeouts there was always a tune. Bells, horns and bands playing right before and during the snap seems fairly recent to me... again, at the high school level. Honestly, I don't make much of it. It doesn't offend me.

I don't like someone shaking a cowbell behind me - that is offensive. Then again, I have been a libertarian most of my adult life and I would gather half the country would probably find my mere existence offensive.

Boyz said Maryland, not WV lol

Wrong. He said “entire region” and he even referenced places like D.C. and VA to prove his point. One can infer since he referenced “entire region,” D.C. and VA he also meant places like Martinsburg since it is closer than D.C. and VA and is representative of the “entire region.”

He knows what motivates him to say such nonsense.

Again, just one more of his myths - BUSTED!

Last edited:
Let me be clear, I've never seen it allowed anywhere else in this entire region except for Greenway. And I cover games all over the state and DC and sometimes Virginia. If you notice every time FH plays away the opposing coaches complain about it immediately and makes them stop. But this is what I'm referring to as home field advantage. FH won't be allowed to get away with that next season when they play at CP.

Note: “entire region”

Note: “DC and Virginia”

Myth BUSTED!

No need to scroll back to anywhere....You literally quoted my post about the importance of the changes McKenney made to the defense, and then talked about the offense. I had already basically agreed with you, in that very post that you quoted, that the offense wasn't the issue. Just sayin'
You have me mixed up with somebody else, I did NOT comment on McKenney or the defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT