ADVERTISEMENT

FH/Westinghouse Cancelled?

FH87

Junior Varsity Poster
Oct 2, 2003
Just saw on Facebook (ESPN 102.1) that this game was cancelled. WTH?

Traditionally solid programs like Chestnut Ridge? Keyser? South High? North High (who reneged on their contract for several years?) ...

USO beat Brashear.... Brashear beat Westinghouse! Go figure.

My son is in the Washington Middle band. This is the game they're supposed to be at.

Traditionally solid programs like Chestnut Ridge? Keyser? South High? North High (who reneged on their contract for several years?) ...

No I wouldn't consider any of those teams solid programs more like rent a win games..

Solid as in Middletown, liganore, Damascus, Martinsburg, Calvert Hall.. Teams more on FH's level not on Hancocks level.. Just saying if you go out and look for teams you can beat 100 -0 and rely on those teams don't be surprised when said teams look for ways to drop you.. Seems like FH goes out of its way to nurture relationships with questionable teams and then drags their feet for almost a week when Middletown comes calling.. Should have nurtured and encouraged that relationship instead of counting on teams like silver oak who could fold or decide not to play you at any minute...

Didn't you go through this song and dance with Capitol Christian two years in a row? It worked out in the end (barely) but it's an example of what Big Savage is talking about.

No I wouldn't consider any of those teams solid programs more like rent a win games..

Solid as in Middletown, liganore, Damascus, Martinsburg, Calvert Hall.. Teams more on FH's level not on Hancocks level.. Just saying if you go out and look for teams you can beat 100 -0 and rely on those teams don't be surprised when said teams look for ways to drop you.. Seems like FH goes out of its way to nurture relationships with questionable teams and then drags their feet for almost a week when Middletown comes calling.. Should have nurtured and encouraged that relationship instead of counting on teams like silver oak who could fold or decide not to play you at any minute...
FH doesn't want games with teams on their level... They like 35-0 1st qtr type of games... The excuse will always be but what about Alco? Well Alco hasn't won multiple championships the past few yrs. Alco plays teams on their level and FH runs from teams on their level.. Camper football has fallen to where they are actually competing with Southern and Northern... FH fans know this but they still wanna act like they too are on the same level as the Campers... They will say we both are 1Aschools and act like they dont have 3A talent but 10 homecomings in a row and 4 straight championships puts you guys on another level.. My team cant even field a freshman squad but FH fans still want us to play stronger schools that they run from...

Looks like the #1 and #2 1A West teams are now open this weekend. I certainly don't advocate Northern having to play FH. Its just silly they are competing for the same playoff spots. Just sayin..

Looks like the #1 and #2 1A West teams are now open this weekend. I certainly don't advocate Northern having to play FH. Its just silly they are competing for the same playoff spots. Just sayin..
Very interesting turn of events, lol

Dwho ane1 mem'ba when da mythical Bohyz'&'Blu, ohrr Dc saporter kidd dat' sooo supa, tri'd caln outta FoRty Hill againzst Mont Shaint Joeuy onn dah Bultamhore Son Bored ba<k in oh9. He'z ulwayz hatin'. Lemme assk ya in da' goh-goh termanolegy...y u alweyz hatin'? Azzzz YG bee sayon iz thoughty dey luv ya win ya makie...dizz' sum utha syhtt. I guez' ya gotsta swetch schulz ta getz sum ba<kn ronn' heaaaaaaa. Bluud $, twuuuuunie. Weyh ou'chehea.

3-1?? I had them at 2-1, but record in that type of league doesn't mean anything. The teams they play are like a Hancock league, def not big on football.

Don't no why we continue to play cupcakes. This is very disappointing to the program and is a continuous problem. We are loosing money in gate and concessions because fans don't want to spend Friday night at the stadium watching a blow out. It's the same old excuse "no one wants to play us" Concessions sales have been down the pass 4 years because of it and now we just lost a home game. Paul Green use to schedule competitive teams. If you look in the stands, there's a lot of empty seats and hardly no one standing around the fences. It's darn right embarrassing!!!

Don't no why we continue to play cupcakes. This is very disappointing to the program and is a continuous problem. We are loosing money in gate and concessions because fans don't want to spend Friday night at the stadium watching a blow out. It's the same old excuse "no one wants to play us" Concessions sales have been down the pass 4 years because of it and now we just lost a home game. Paul Green use to schedule competitive teams. If you look in the stands, there's a lot of empty seats and hardly no one standing around the fences. It's darn right embarrassing!!!
by all means call paul green up and tell him to come back and do a better job than those who are in charge now...i think they'd really appreciate the help.

Pauly Verde hads the advatix of a leaghue, da Cv'Ahhh'L. His rain wuz alzo a reesult ovf ole schul feetball. Fuortie Hihl wuz gud-gud den' 2 butt knot whenning s8t chammpeonchips. HE madde a fone cull...dddd'ble jecked datez, of10 wif' izues. Peepz wurnt comparizun da biggie rehd ma'sheen wit' da lik oovf demafha cafolick + cumperin dem toooo da besties inz dah st'ate likie nowh ah dey. Viki hausban doh nada.

Based on lopsided scores FH puts up on opponents every team FH plays sucks. That includes Keyser and Alco. Guess that's why they invented the MERCY CLOCK!

I mean what is the difference between beating Westinghouse 56-0, Keyser 59-0 or Alco 48-13? TICK TOCK, TICK TOCK, CAN'T STOP THE 2ND HALF CLOCK!

Last edited:
by all means call paul green up and tell him to come back and do a better job than those who are in charge now...i think they'd really appreciate the help.
I see how it is. Every team in 1A west can play each other except FH and FH should play Damascus, Linganore Dematha Calvert Hall Gilman and every other team blue balls feels they should play just so we can fill a few more seats and let Allegany Southern Northern and Hancock make the playoffs a few years. Better yet step up your programs so you can compete.I guess everyone deserves a trophy now a days.

Haffff Mersay! Kno1 en westmarlyn kan' cumm'pete. Twuuuuunieee och'hea. Wey gettn' riech wey sleng truufff. Wey' gon E@t & da dat clok' gon rhun it, rhun it.

Get in your time machine and go back to 1975. No one lives here anymore. The concessions have also gotten 12 extra playoff games the last 4 years due to FH coaches pulling the schedule trigger. Don't give me that crap. Football should not exist to pay the bills for everyone else. They want championships. They are getting them.

I see how it is. Every team in 1A west can play each other except FH and FH should play Damascus, Linganore Dematha Calvert Hall Gilman and every other team blue balls feels they should play just so we can fill a few more seats and let Allegany Southern Northern and Hancock make the playoffs a few years. Better yet step up your programs so you can compete. I guess everyone deserves a trophy now a days.

Bravo!
That might be the Post of The Year. Although I don't think this is restricted for blue balls only.

Bravo!
That might be the Post of The Year. Although I don't think this is restricted for blue balls only.

Funny how he left off Middletown and added Dematha and Gilman to the equation and then went further into fallacy land by saying let "Hancock make the playoffs" Something that has probably never happened will probably never happen.. They could go 10-0 and still not make the playoffs b/c their SOS is so weak. Yes, their is such a thing as having too weak of a schedule as evidenced by I believe Boonsboro the one year going 10-0 and still getting out pointed by an 8-1 FH team.... But this is a typical strawman, Fort Hill deflection tactic. Why was I not surprised my point would fly over your head lol.... Good luck filling your schedule with cream puff and then whining about teams dropping you...

Y yuh beez likie dat saveege. Yewww gotstaz hav rootz on bof sidez butt beeee tulkn outta' da syde ov ya necky. Yu kn0W wha ya sayz dontz evin madda' sew ya beea maDd & ussen yah owN daflekshun taktik. Nuttin' ya beez sayuun dho netang buttie cha'hop atta biGgi3 rehd ma'sheen. Takie dah massssk ovff cuz 4gett da strwhmann, yuh luukin' lik da 10mahn ol' rustee and sawtid'd upp. Ya noooo dang' en wh'L S.O.S. gota nuffn da dho wif winn'n cuz dat' thEO'ray gon takie currr ovf itz owN sss'elf on da fhield win ya'll skwair'd uppie.

What Seed has FH been for the past 8 years at the end of the season? Are they going 10-0 and barely making the playoffs?

If the answer is no, then they must be doing what they have to do. Why does Fort Hill have to be better than 2A/3A teams and why do they have to play them to prove it?

They are in 1A, they should only have to prove themselves in 1A, and I think they have done that. Don't like it? Petition the state to create a lower class for you crybabies.

What Seed has FH been for the past 8 years at the end of the season? Are they going 10-0 and barely making the playoffs?

If the answer is no, then they must be doing what they have to do. Why does Fort Hill have to be better than 2A/3A teams and why do they have to play them to prove it?

They are in 1A, they should only have to prove themselves in 1A, and I think they have done that. Don't like it? Petition the state to create a lower class for you crybabies.

Perfectly fine with them only proving their 1a worth.. On the flip side dont cry like babies when you have a hard time filling your schedule and teams drop you bc they dont want to get beat 100-0.. That's the point that clearly flies over the FH attack dog's heads...

Just for the record, Hancock last made the playoffs in 2013. North Carroll had to come from behind to beat them.

Perfectly fine with them only proving their 1a worth.. On the flip side dont cry like babies when you have a hard time filling your schedule and teams drop you bc they dont want to get beat 100-0.. That's the point that clearly flies over the FH attack dog's heads...

Lol, right! They don't want to play good teams, they can't return Middletown's phone calls, but then they blow out lesser teams by 70 points - then they can't figure out why it's so hard to get games, lol

But your gonna change all that, remember. We are expecting a RESECTABLE and competitive schedule. Remember, you got your work cut out for you because your schedule has to empress the toughest critics of all, Allegany posters. Git 'er done.

Reads to me like you are crying.

Last edited:
Typical modern day story. People hate those with success. Either make all teams play each other in their respective region or get rid of the regional format. You don't like being beat, up your game. Keyser was one of the most successful opponents against FH in recent years. Dropped! Sherando, dropped! Chestnut Ridge drops FH to travel further to lose to Musselman. Obviously FH is doing everything they should be doing in their class. Either change the system or quit bitching and up your game.

Phans dontz plhay da gamez and rank'ins donta D'terman da outie'kum...tulk lyk u shoutin dho evin les. Yah upsett wif dah mefthed of winn'n buy thrOwin shayde ba'tha resuhultz outtie in da son, glizin'n. Dat cooolin' needz ta' makie UU chile...stepp ento tha lighte. Den againz, ya'll blam'n da forRty hill 4 da mpSsAA shoret'com'n. Cremy Puffz orh notz dey stillz beAt wha'da st8 hassta off'her. Da dah bestie yEt, againzst da beSS inz they'A braketz so tha skedul worx + azzz weezie sahy, da bestie iz yeT da comE. Itz dontz matta' h0w u thank dey meshore upp cuz weffher da schduLe gud-gud ohr baddy dey getz da hardwear to proooov It. Da meadia aktualie hass dem rank'd amungzzzst da eliTe in st8 phole. Opin'e'ons ovf nayseyher makie U sey, bummp bummmp - B gon'. Da biggesT rehd ma'sheen gunna whin da 4 gamez dat matta, datz whut ya'll doghnt lik.

It's no surprise to me you didn't have the grades or test scores to play college ball.

Hey the West Virginia board is calling,. Go there and keep bashing Martinsburg about their weak schedule. You are priceless.

Wonder if Boyz has found a PG County school for FH to play yet. A Maryland Top 20 school unlike Riverdale Baptist. LOL.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
TD, how does this work? Fort Hill receive a win? Will they receive points / bonus points? Just wondering.

CR, Keyser, South High and North High have all played FH competitively and/or defeated them in the last 5 years. All of them have discontinued playing.

Guess if those aren't traditionally solid programs (which, lets face it, they really are) then we should take Alco off the traditionally solid program list too? They don't meet your criteria.

I'll give you Middletown, but I still fail to see why you have to go the Linganore, Damascas, Martinsburg route. We've been agreeing on a lot more lately...but i still can't get on board with the FH needs to play a 4A/3A heavy schedule. For your entertainment value? - that's not how it works.

FH used to hang their hat on winning Homecomings because they didnt win titles. They would play tough schedules and not finish off the teams they needed to win the title in their class.

Flash forward, now they win Homecoming AND win titles by finishing off the teams they need to beat in their class. And now the problem is the schedule isn't tough enough with teams 2 or 3 classes higher? In a perfect world, we would play a regional schedule which counted towards the playoffs. And then beef up the schedule for your entertainment. But until then, this is what it is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT