ADVERTISEMENT

FH/Westinghouse Cancelled?

It's no surprise to me you didn't have the grades or test scores to play college ball.

Hey the West Virginia board is calling,. Go there and keep bashing Martinsburg about their weak schedule. You are priceless.

Haha coming from the water boy. How did my jock strap smell?

Reactions: OneRing
Boyz n Blue aren't you the one that rubs elbows with people from FH including the cheer advisor ,show up at homecoming with your fake press badge ,then jump on forums and bad mouth the program? Yeah just a little 2 faced aren't you

Reactions: towpath94
Can anyone confirm whether or not Fort Hill was awarded a forfeit for this game? Haven't seen anything confirmed by MPSSAA yet.

CR, Keyser, South High and North High have all played FH competitively and/or defeated them in the last 5 years. All of them have discontinued playing.

Guess if those aren't traditionally solid programs (which, lets face it, they really are) then we should take Alco off the traditionally solid program list too? They don't meet your criteria.

I'll give you Middletown, but I still fail to see why you have to go the Linganore, Damascas, Martinsburg route. We've been agreeing on a lot more lately...but i still can't get on board with the FH needs to play a 4A/3A heavy schedule. For your entertainment value? - that's not how it works.

FH used to hang their hat on winning Homecomings because they didnt win titles. They would play tough schedules and not finish off the teams they needed to win the title in their class.

Flash forward, now they win Homecoming AND win titles by finishing off the teams they need to beat in their class. And now the problem is the schedule isn't tough enough with teams 2 or 3 classes higher? In a perfect world, we would play a regional schedule which counted towards the playoffs. And then beef up the schedule for your entertainment. But until then, this is what it is.

"I'll give you Middletown, but I still fail to see why you have to go the Linganore, Damascas, Martinsburg route. We've been agreeing on a lot more lately...but i still can't get on board with the FH needs to play a 4A/3A heavy schedule."

Just for the record Damascus is 2a... No takers? I remember a fews yrs back tdhelmick was making excuses as to why FH wouldn't play Bridgeport WV and they're the same size.. So size really doesn't have anything to do with it.. The possibility of a loss does though.. This has been proven time and time again with FH scheduling larger non competitive schools and turning down similarly sized competitive schools.
Maybe it hasn't been clearly stated but my point is this.. I'm perfectly fine with FH only proving their 1a worth.. But all I'm saying is don't be surprised when you can't find games and don't be surprised when teams drop you... And don't blame other teams for not playing you when you refuse to play higher caliber teams its a bit hypocritical and not a good look.. The problem is FH is a 1a school but not 1a caliber, in a class full of 1a rank curs.. So FH can continue to take on the rank cur mentality by refusing to play more teams their caliber and continue to search out rank curs.. Or they can face reality and realize they're running out of rank curs and step their game up and play teams more competitive which means they have to step outside the 1a rank cur bubble... Its unfortunate there aren't more competitive 1a teams but that's the nature of the beast when you've become so dominate and have reached the pinnacle of your division.. When a boxer becomes so dominate in their weight class they move up in weight. They don't sit around and whine about how unfair and non competitive their weight class is...

Last edited:
I ask Todd the other day,
He said its a Forfeit
Yeah, I saw your post on the first page of this thread stating that, but hadn't seen anything official yet. I guess the MPSSAA is just waiting till game day to make it official. I see no reason why it wouldn't be.

What are the criteria to decide if it's ruled a "forfeit" or a "no contest"

Boyz n Blue aren't you the one that rubs elbows with people from FH including the cheer advisor ,show up at homecoming with your fake press badge ,then jump on forums and bad mouth the program? Yeah just a little 2 faced aren't you

I'm not sure why I'm even addressing this, lol. I have a great respect for the program. I have attended games at Fort Hill/Greenway since I was a child. I have many friends and relatives that attended FH. Most years I have at least one relative playing for the team. I have never said anything negative about any FH player or coach and I have always spoke highly about the program, the legacy of success and the great tradition. I have said repeatedly that recently they have played a soft schedule, that's probably the only negative thing I have said. And that's not really debatable, even your own people will admit that. I have never understood the hypersensitivity of the fan base. I can say 100 good things about FH and still be called a hater. But just for the record, it doesn't bother me. I also cover the music industry and sometimes when I'm critical of rappers I get death threats, so believe me I don't mind being called "2 faced" a "hater," or any other childish name-calling, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lagmeister
Typical modern day story. People hate those with success. Either make all teams play each other in their respective region or get rid of the regional format. You don't like being beat, up your game. Keyser was one of the most successful opponents against FH in recent years. Dropped! Sherando, dropped! Chestnut Ridge drops FH to travel further to lose to Musselman. Obviously FH is doing everything they should be doing in their class. Either change the system or quit bitching and up your game.
FH fans didn't mind bitching about Dunbar when they were dominant but now that the shoe is on the other foot it's a different story...

Typical modern day story. People hate those with success. Either make all teams play each other in their respective region or get rid of the regional format. You don't like being beat, up your game. Keyser was one of the most successful opponents against FH in recent years. Dropped! Sherando, dropped! Chestnut Ridge drops FH to travel further to lose to Musselman. Obviously FH is doing everything they should be doing in their class. Either change the system or quit bitching and up your game.
I don't see the system changing, it should of been Top 16 Teams years ago as little WV does it so much better and always has, I can't stand when people talk about money, They make money from these games to pay for travel, if there is not enough money leave the bands at home.
I also get what your saying but it's not gonna change, FH and to a lesser extent Alco will always have trouble getting Teams unless you agree to play better teams, when you are going into area's of Pittsburgh to play 2-3 Teams a year and beat the snot out of them you are going to have Teams cancel games, not show up.
I have always thought a schedule with 3 Big games,5 decent teams and 2 cupcakes would be acceptable but the reality Now is Keyser and Mountain Ridge are cupcakes so that make 7 Cupcakes 1 decent Allegany and 2 that should be Quality but that's yet to be seen.
I do see it both ways but if the system isn't gonna change you have to change your thinking and the way you schedule teams because crowds are down overall interest is down and now it seems like every year there is some kind of problem with a Team dropping them or canceling the game.

Some of you are so stupid. Why would either Cumberland school want to load their schedule and get dumped out of the playoffs by Northern, Southern, FSK, Boonsboro or Catoctin this year? Who gives a f**k about anything else? So old men can be entertained by watching Martinsburg? These are the same people who cry because Atlantic Broadband might not broadcast the state title game on tv because they don't want to drive 2 hours. Ignore those idiots. Do any of you morons understand that if Alco would have lost to either Dunbar or Williamsport they would have to run the rest of the table just to make the playoffs? They literally could beat both Northern and Southern by 40 points and still not make it in over those two if they lose to FH. WHY DO PEOPLE HERE NOT CARE ABOUT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS? This is the f**king problem. It's a joke that FH is even in this 1A Western shit hole. They would literally beat every single team in this region with a running clock other than Alco and yet if they lose their two biggest games have to beat Alco just to get in. Does anyone know how embarrassing that is to even say? Go cry to the MPSSAA.

Idiots Rule!!!!

Last edited:
I really don't care who FH schedules, or any of that, I will say though I don't feel sorry for them for not being able to get games. They have absolutely dominated 1A since they dropped down, and frankly every other small school that has had a dominate stretch of time has gone through the same thing. Even in the 90's when Frankfort and Moorefield had dominate teams, they struggled to get people to play them. It's nothing new. bigdawg has the right idea. Improve the playoff format, make it 1-16 no regions like WV. Maybe then you'll see Northern play FH, and see the schedule issue get better for you. As it is now, they can't afford the extra L 9 out of 10 years. I know people will say Maryland can't afford it and it's too far and a bunch of other BS excuses, but Maryland is a much smaller state geographically, and much better off financially than WV is. WV can pull this off, why the heck can't Maryland pull it off? Instead of this message board becoming nonsense arguing and schedule nonsense why don't some of us on here, petition the MPSSAA and the state as a whole make the change. Heck the Governor mandated the schools start after Labor Day, maybe we can get him to sign an exec. order to do a 1-16 football playoff.
A regional system is not the answer. It needs to be top 16 overall.

I really don't care who FH schedules, or any of that, I will say though I don't feel sorry for them for not being able to get games. They have absolutely dominated 1A since they dropped down, and frankly every other small school that has had a dominate stretch of time has gone through the same thing. Even in the 90's when Frankfort and Moorefield had dominate teams, they struggled to get people to play them. It's nothing new. bigdawg has the right idea. Improve the playoff format, make it 1-16 no regions like WV. Maybe then you'll see Northern play FH, and see the schedule issue get better for you. As it is now, they can't afford the extra L 9 out of 10 years. I know people will say Maryland can't afford it and it's too far and a bunch of other BS excuses, but Maryland is a much smaller state geographically, and much better off financially than WV is. WV can pull this off, why the heck can't Maryland pull it off? Instead of this message board becoming nonsense arguing and schedule nonsense why don't some of us on here, petition the MPSSAA and the state as a whole make the change. Heck the Governor mandated the schools start after Labor Day, maybe we can get him to sign an exec. order to do a 1-16 football playoff.
A regional system is not the answer. It needs to be top 16 overall.

Words of repeated wisdom from a Husky (thumbs up).

The MPSSAA will never drop the regional set up. Get past this already. Been using it since 1974 when playoffs first started. I have petitioned, poked, complained, attended meetings, written newspaper articles, solicited politicians, drew up proposals, met with coaches, met with ADs, etc., about expanding the playoffs. If the MPSSAA isn't going to drop the regional system (and they never will) then just let the top 8 teams into the playoffs instead of the Top 4 and play an extra week. Then everyone can go out and play or not play whoever they want and nobody cares. I can't understand what is so hard about that concept. If you don't like this concept then keep watching teams schedule as they do. The MPSSAA gives teams a death sentence for playing anyone good. It's why no one in 1A will play FH period.

If you lose to DeMatha in double overtime the MPSSA give you ZERO POINTS. Beat Silver Oak by 70 and the MPSSAA gives you 6-8 points. Now who do you think every coach wants to play in that system? Man, some of you are blind. Acting as if it's OK for everyone to do it but FH.

People hiding behind a computer do not know more than a 4 time state champion. This forum is flooding from all the tears. Most here are all crying about FH as if they set this system up.

FH already plays the toughest schedule around this part of the country from Martinsburg to Frederick and all of 1A and most all of 2A. That's as far as it will go. If you don't like it, too bad. As BH said, go cry to the MPSSAA like I have.

Some of you are so stupid. Why would either Cumberland school want to load their schedule and get dumped out of the playoffs by Northern, Southern, FSK, Boonsboro or Catoctin this year? Who gives a f**k about anything else? So old men can be entertained by watching Martinsburg? These are the same people who cry because Atlantic Broadband might not broadcast the state title game on tv because they don't want to drive 2 hours. Ignore those idiots. Do any of you morons understand that if Alco would have lost to either Dunbar or Williamsport they would have to run the rest of the table just to make the playoffs? They literally could beat both Northern and Southern by 40 points and still not make it in over those two if they lose to FH. WHY DO PEOPLE HERE NOT CARE ABOUT MAKING THE PLAYOFFS? This is the f**king problem. It's a joke that FH is even in this 1A Western shit hole. They would literally beat every single team in this region with a running clock other than Alco and yet if they lose their two biggest games have to beat Alco just to get in. Does anyone know how embarrassing that is to even say? Go cry to the MPSSAA.

Idiots Rule!!!!

Strawmam argument

Reactions: BoyznBlue

The MPSSAA will never drop the regional set up. Get past this already. Been using it since 1974 when playoffs first started. I have petitioned, poked, complained, attended meetings, written newspaper articles, solicited politicians, drew up proposals, met with coaches, met with ADs, etc., about expanding the playoffs. If the MPSSAA isn't going to drop the regional system (and they never will) then just let the top 8 teams into the playoffs instead of the Top 4 and play an extra week. Then everyone can go out and play or not play whoever they want and nobody cares. I can't understand what is so hard about that concept. If you don't like this concept then keep watching teams schedule as they do. The MPSSAA gives teams a death sentence for playing anyone good. It's why no one in 1A will play FH period.

If you lose to DeMatha in double overtime the MPSSA give you ZERO POINTS. Beat Silver Oak by 70 and the MPSSAA gives you 6-8 points. Now who do you think every coach wants to play in that system? Man, some of you are blind. Acting as if it's OK for everyone to do it but FH.

People hiding behind a computer do not know more than a 4 time state champion. This forum is flooding from all the tears. Most here are all crying about FH as if they set this system up.

FH already plays the toughest schedule around this part of the country from Martinsburg to Frederick and all of 1A and most all of 2A. That's as far as it will go. If you don't like it, too bad. As BH said, go cry to the MPSSAA like I have.

People hiding behind a computer do not know more than a 4 time state champion. This forum is flooding from all the tears.

OMG that is classic.

Its unfortunate there aren't more competitive 1a teams but that's the nature of the beast when you've become so dominate and have reached the pinnacle of your division.. When a boxer becomes so dominate in their weight class they move up in weight. They don't sit around and whine about how unfair and non competitive their weight class is...

It IS unfortunate there aren't more competitive 1A teams. And listen, I DONT disagree with you that FH could more consistently play with bigger/better teams. But regardless if FH picks up Melbourne or Friendship, or Martinsburg and Linganore...there is still a threshhold of who else to schedule. The schedule STILL needs to be a comparable 1A schedule. They are STILL competing for the 1A title, nothing more. The MPSSAA playoff set up doesn't serve well for moral victories.

The boxing analogy doesn't really compute. I mean hell, the "best pound for pound" boxer in the world went from Super featherweight to what, welterweight over his career?...that's like a 19/20 pound window. He isn't fighting a Tyson or Klitschko. He's still the best of a very small window of weight class. When Floyd Mayweather enters a super-heavyweight title bout, then I could see you're analogy.

But anyway you slice it, it does suck that we don't get to watch FH play this week.

Why is there a Northern fan on here talking about FH? I would value their opinion if Northern played FH. So, please hush and play FH. You have NOTHING in this. Hell, I have more respect for Mtn. Ridge than I will ever have for Northern.

At least Southern tried to work something out this year with FH.

How bad would Carr piss his pants if FH put together a dominant baseball team?

Well, no since getting too terribly upset. Just wait for your yearly playoff game against FH and loose by 65 points.

Why is there a Northern fan on here talking about FH? I would value their opinion if Northern played FH. So, please hush and play FH. You have NOTHING in this. Hell, I have more respect for Mtn. Ridge than I will ever have for Northern.

At least Southern tried to work something out this year with FH.

How bad would Carr piss his pants if FH put together a dominant baseball team?

Well, no since getting too terribly upset. Just wait for your yearly playoff game against FH and loose by 65 points.
I have asked the Northern fans this question numerous times and I've never gotten a response. - what is your goal as fans? Is it to make the playoffs and never get past FH? If that's your goal then that's fine because the recipe is there and it's working. On the other hand if you play them during the regular season, lose, and don't make the playoffs, what have you lost? If you lose during the regular season, and make the playoffs, then lose to them again, so what?
Fort Hill has made the playoffs more than anybody in the state of md, but does not have the most championships. You don't get a participation trophy. It sucks to get there and lose. So be honest, are you happy with the status quo?

I have asked the Northern fans this question numerous times and I've never gotten a response. - what is your goal as fans? Is it to make the playoffs and never get past FH? If that's your goal then that's fine because the recipe is there and it's working. On the other hand if you play them during the regular season, lose, and don't make the playoffs, what have you lost? If you lose during the regular season, and make the playoffs, then lose to them again, so what?
Fort Hill has made the playoffs more than anybody in the state of md, but does not have the most championships. You don't get a participation trophy. It sucks to get there and lose. So be honest, are you happy with the status quo?

The playoffs being as they are I say why play the toughest team twice. I think Alco is stupid to play FH twice the way the playoffs are structured.

When Dunbar was recruiting and king of 1A - with the teams they had - why didn't Helmick schedule Dunbar in the regular season? I mean really?

And, why is it always a so what for everybody else? Particularly when the outcome of those decisions always favors FH.

Bash if you play. Bash if you don't play and double-bash with 25 reasons if you stop playing.

It IS unfortunate there aren't more competitive 1A teams. And listen, I DONT disagree with you that FH could more consistently play with bigger/better teams. But regardless if FH picks up Melbourne or Friendship, or Martinsburg and Linganore...there is still a threshhold of who else to schedule. The schedule STILL needs to be a comparable 1A schedule. They are STILL competing for the 1A title, nothing more. The MPSSAA playoff set up doesn't serve well for moral victories.

The boxing analogy doesn't really compute. I mean hell, the "best pound for pound" boxer in the world went from Super featherweight to what, welterweight over his career?...that's like a 19/20 pound window. He isn't fighting a Tyson or Klitschko. He's still the best of a very small window of weight class. When Floyd Mayweather enters a super-heavyweight title bout, then I could see you're analogy.

But anyway you slice it, it does suck that we don't get to watch FH play this week.

Well of course mayweather didn't and wouldn't fight tyson or klitchko. That equivalency once again is an exaggeration and would be like FH playing IMG or Mater dei and contrary to the FH popular straw man argument no one is advocating that or advocating playing Dematha. Hell it would have been nice to just schedule Middletown and not drag their feet in the process.. Or Bridgeport or Damascus which btw is 2a now. These aren't extreme weight class jumps. You can only scrap the bottom of the barrel for so long before it empties..

Last edited:
any northern fans?

It's a Western MD forum not a FH forum, ppl like that guy is why noone wants to play FH he makes them all look bad and classless. Some of us like the Northern guy here posting
Where did I say it was a FH forum? Don't believe I did, cummy. I wondered why a team that totally ducks FH questions, or is even concerned with, Fort Hill's schedule. READ the first sentence of his post.

At least with Allegany posters, at the end of the day, it is settled on the field.

With that being said, Allegany feels Northern is a quality team, correct? Would Northern be a quality team if they played FH and lost by 60?

People hiding behind a computer do not know more than a 4 time state champion. This forum is flooding from all the tears

The four time state champions are the young men who won the games each year, not the red-jackets, not the forum fanboys and not even the coaching staff or anybody who scheduled the games.

I also think that accusing people who post in this forum as hiding behind a computer is pretty low rent. That is the way all forums are set up and just because you choose to post your name is no reason to bash others.

Then again, there seems to be a pattern here. We can add the comment This forum is flooding from all the tears to the yearly beating comments, the running clock comments and the 25 reasons Keyser stop playing you thread.

The answer is what every other school in the state is and that is to win a state title obviously. However, the current system does not allow small schools like Northern, Hancock, Clear Spring, etc. that chance. I have respect for what FH has done, but outside of south Cumberland they are the same as the Yankees, they are respected but everyone is envious of them. I don't understand why it is hard to look at it from the other perspective. I get your guys argument that there should be regional play, I just don't think that is the best avenue, and doesn't take the difference in level of program and competition into account, which I think is more important than enrollment, which is all the MPSSAA goes by unfortunately. You are talking about FH having Varsity, JV and Freshman football, and how many other schools in 1A offer all 3?

Look at it this way, lets say you are FH and your schedule every year is : Allegany, Mtn Ridge, Northern, Southern, Hancock, Clear Spring, Boonsboro, Smithsburg, Brunswick and Catoctin. Wouldn't that get old after a year or 2? The way you guys act, you are going to have a full house at Greenway when Hancock comes to town? Do you really believe that? Do you really believe Hancock is going to fill the visitor bleachers or that your fans will fill the bleachers to see that game, that will be over 20 seconds in 99 times out of 100? Do you really think we should have a 10 game regional regular season schedule, then turn around and have an 8 team regional playoff? How redundant is that idea? If you have the regular season mandatory regional schedule, you just need the region champs in a 4 team playoff, sorry, but that's all you need, you don't need to rehash regular season matchups that most of the time will be a repeat of the regular season. Go Top 16 overall, and I think you will find the schedule problem will be a little less of a problem for you, may not solve it completely, but I think you'll have a better chance of filling your schedule. But again, keep making the excuses and discounting that WV can pull it off while for whatever reasons we can't, and I agree the state is part of the problem, but if they're worried about Southern traveling to Snow Hill or vise versa, they are worring about something that might happen once every decade or two, the odds just aren't great of it happening every year.

I'm not going to get into an endless debate on this, so I'll just close with a Good Luck the rest of the way and I'm sure we'll see you in the playoffs.

The other answer to your question, is the message board is called Western Maryland Football, unless by Western Maryland you mean south Cumberland.

One thing is a constant,,,, fix the playoff system.

BTW. listened to WCBC last Thursday when the Northern players were on the show. They were certainly classy & very well spoken. It was so impressive when the players said what their life plans were. They realized playing football will probably end after their senior year of high school. Playing high school football is just a stepping stone for life...it's not your whole life. Again, kudos for the young gentlemen who was on the radio. They represented themselves, their family, their community, their school and their teammates in a very classy manner.

The answer is what every other school in the state is and that is to win a state title obviously. However, the current system does not allow small schools like Northern, Hancock, Clear Spring, etc. that chance. I have respect for what FH has done, but outside of south Cumberland they are the same as the Yankees, they are respected but everyone is envious of them. I don't understand why it is hard to look at it from the other perspective. I get your guys argument that there should be regional play, I just don't think that is the best avenue, and doesn't take the difference in level of program and competition into account, which I think is more important than enrollment, which is all the MPSSAA goes by unfortunately. You are talking about FH having Varsity, JV and Freshman football, and how many other schools in 1A offer all 3?

Look at it this way, lets say you are FH and your schedule every year is : Allegany, Mtn Ridge, Northern, Southern, Hancock, Clear Spring, Boonsboro, Smithsburg, Brunswick and Catoctin. Wouldn't that get old after a year or 2? The way you guys act, you are going to have a full house at Greenway when Hancock comes to town? Do you really believe that? Do you really believe Hancock is going to fill the visitor bleachers or that your fans will fill the bleachers to see that game, that will be over 20 seconds in 99 times out of 100? Do you really think we should have a 10 game regional regular season schedule, then turn around and have an 8 team regional playoff? How redundant is that idea? If you have the regular season mandatory regional schedule, you just need the region champs in a 4 team playoff, sorry, but that's all you need, you don't need to rehash regular season matchups that most of the time will be a repeat of the regular season. Go Top 16 overall, and I think you will find the schedule problem will be a little less of a problem for you, may not solve it completely, but I think you'll have a better chance of filling your schedule. But again, keep making the excuses and discounting that WV can pull it off while for whatever reasons we can't, and I agree the state is part of the problem, but if they're worried about Southern traveling to Snow Hill or vise versa, they are worring about something that might happen once every decade or two, the odds just aren't great of it happening every year.

I'm not going to get into an endless debate on this, so I'll just close with a Good Luck the rest of the way and I'm sure we'll see you in the playoffs.

The other answer to your question, is the message board is called Western Maryland Football, unless by Western Maryland you mean south Cumberland.

I think you got lost in the discussion here because SS610 went haywire. You are making intelligent points everyone needs to see. I think what Todd is saying is that the MPSSAA won't ever go 1-16. They wont dump the regions. So then let's find a better solution if we must have regions. If we expand more teams in the playoffs then there is no need for Northern or Hancock to ever schedule FH and nobody cares. Play whoever you want. The other side is that even if we went 1-16 the title still goes through FH or Dunbar unfortunately for teams like Northern. At some point you will have to face them to sniff the championship.

Most FH people I know don't want a mandatory regional schedule. But they find it sickening they have to compete for the same playoff spots. I mean if FH had say played Martinsburg and lost last week, Northern is the #1 team in the standings now. That's outrageous to even have such a notion. Realise as well that you are asking why anyone would want to watch FH Beat the crap out of Northern or Hancock. Well why would they want to see the same against Capitol Christian? Since no one in the region will play FH they have to find a few teams of similar stature. The playoffs say you have to.

One thing is a constant,,,, fix the playoff system.

BTW. listened to WCBC last Thursday when the Northern players were on the show. They were certainly classy & very well spoken. It was so impressive when the players said what their life plans were. They realized playing football will probably end after their senior year of high school. Playing high school football is just a stepping stone for life...it's not your whole life. Again, kudos for the young gentlemen who was on the radio. They represented themselves, their family, their community, their school and their teammates in a very classy manner.

Best post in this thread. How in the hell did the entire system lose focus on the true meaning of high school sports.

The playoffs being as they are I say why play the toughest team twice. I think Alco is stupid to play FH twice the way the playoffs are structured.

When Dunbar was recruiting and king of 1A - with the teams they had - why didn't Helmick schedule Dunbar in the regular season? I mean really?

And, why is it always a so what for everybody else? Particularly when the outcome of those decisions always favors FH.

Bash if you play. Bash if you don't play and double-bash with 25 reasons if you stop playing.

This is an excellent point! I never even considered this because I get caught up in the homecoming hoopla too. But with both schools in 1A it makes zero sense for Alco to play FH twice. Since they are going to play again in two weeks why can't all the homecoming traditions and stuff just wait a couple of weeks? The second game is just a "game" without the decorated lockers anyway.

Reactions: Lagmeister
This is an excellent point! I never even considered this because I get caught up in the homecoming hoopla too. But with both schools in 1A it makes zero sense for Alco to play FH twice. Since they are going to play again in two weeks why can't all the homecoming traditions and stuff just wait a couple of weeks? The second game is just a "game" without the decorated lockers anyway.
In a matter of 4 weeks. ALCO has went from we will beat FH this year to maybe ALCO should drop FH. Sad and pathetic.

In a matter of 4 weeks. ALCO has went from we will beat FH this year to maybe ALCO should drop FH. Sad and pathetic.

I posted that if Alco beats Dunbar they would win homecoming. It was a wrong-headed observation at the time - but still, not the runnin' clock and yearly beating bullshit one reads in here weekly - that is sad and pathetic. Right after CR I admitted I was wrong. But, I have been posting for years that the young men should play homecoming and hit the books. Last year I posted that Allegany should drop FH. My opinion has not changed about that.

What Seed has FH been for the past 8 years at the end of the season? Are they going 10-0 and barely making the playoffs?

If the answer is no, then they must be doing what they have to do. Why does Fort Hill have to be better than 2A/3A teams and why do they have to play them to prove it?

So atre

They are in 1A, they should only have to prove themselves in 1A, and I think they have done that. Don't like it? Petition the state to create a lower class for you crybabies.[/QUO

Idiots Rule!!!!
When has that happened? When has a team made it that shouldnt have? When has a team that should have competed for a state championship not made the playoffs?

I know it's the fall, but that's one hell of a strawman you've built yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT