Go to this game every year
Both teams had over 150 yards in penalties
many personal fouls, cheap shots
and
It boiled over into the post game hand shake

Massillion put a old fashion butt Kicking on Canton
and up 35 -0 left starters in the game
to make certain they got the shutout

My uncle lives 3 blocks from Massillion High School and was a assistant there for 20 years
10 under Earl Bruce

Its a different level of high school football

Of note, both teams are in the Ohio Division 1 state playoffs. McKinley (Canton) (dark jerseys) in Region 1 and Washington (Massillion) in Region 7. 128 teams make the D1 playoffs. Have to win 6 games to win the state championship.

• Wow
Reactions: Dwj21
Massillon has offered FH $8000 quite a few times in the past to play there. Problem is, the bus and hotel exceeds that cost.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Talking to a Wadsworth fan after that game, we told him we thought they would go far in the Ohio playoffs. He laughed and said what will happen is they will come up against one of the Cleveland private schools like St. Edward's and get beat bad.

Talking to a Wadsworth fan after that game, we told him we thought they would go far in the Ohio playoffs. He laughed and said what will happen is they will come up against one of the Cleveland private schools like St. Edward's and get beat bad.
If Maryland did anything right, it was keeping public and private schools separate in the post-season. It's a complete nightmare in most every other state that allows such a thing. I think they are still fighting it in court in the state of Arkansas after 20 years.

It's ridiculous to have both public and private competing together. Not fair whatsoever!

I looked Massillon up they play teams from Georgia, Delaware, DC if it’s the same school.

The game between Massillon and St. John's of DC earlier this year was called in the middle of the fourth quarter because it was getting out of hand.

St Ed’s is at the top tier of high school football. #24 in the country. Ohio big class football is no joke. They beat the number one team in Maryland our Lady of good counsel 28 to 7.

Last edited:
Massillion Washington i(10-0) is in Ohio D2
2nd biggest

Massillion is currently the #25 team in some National Polls
Having knocked off previous #24 Lakewood St Edwards (15-13)

Yes same team that played
Valdosta GA
Middletown DE
Elkhart IN
and
Lakewood St Edwards
#1 D1 school in Ohio
who Beat National Ranked
Our Lady of Good Counsel MD on ESPN

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony54
Wadsworth is #3 in Ohio D1 R1