ADVERTISEMENT

FH vs Wadsworth

I've fought it off, but I just have to say it...

I'm so glad that FH broke away from the piutm (pound-it-up-the-middle) when they absolutely needed to. In years past, FH would've been done with once they were behind due to continuing relentlessly with piutm. The kids won this game, as it should've been, not coaching preventing that from happening. Win or lose, the right plays were called, including the two-point conversion at the end.

That said, Wadsworth played conservative piutm (with some outside running) in the first half and had their butts handed to them. The second half, well that speaks for itself.

I agree, if Wadsworth had played their style of football in the first half, we wouldn't be celebrating right now. Hence, my (polite) comment about disagreeing with other posts.

Is this a one and done or will we be playing their next year? I'm sure they want revenge, so I doubt scheduling will be hard.

Another team will be joining their conference next year so they only had this year open.

Another team will be joining their conference next year so they only had this year open.
Fort hill pressed their receivers. If you watch how the other teams played Wadsworth, they let them catch the ball around 5 to 7 yards out down after down. Fort Hill didn’t let them do that so they were content on spreading fort hill out and pounding the ball with their 205 pound running back. In the second half Fort Hill got tired and they were able to pick up a lot more yards.

Reactions: Argox66
Sensational game to watch, kudos to both teams on a great effort. I do think FH coaching staff made a strategical error early on. With the depth of FH offense backfield, and Nick Willison forced to play all defensive snaps because of the unavailability of Chevy Perkins, I thought he along with Spencer, and Younger, who played all the D snaps, didn't need to play the amount of offensive snaps as they did. Against a team with as much depth as Wadsworth, and getting to the latter part of the season, I thought that Ross, Bender, and Daniels could handle the O snaps, keeping everyone a little fresher on D. The only player playing both ways would be Daniels.(Having the other 3 guys spelling Bril on occasion) I think it would bode well all the way around. In fact with Ross playing full time with Daniels and Bender the offense may be a little more explosive and the defense better rested. Great team win.
Excellent post. Couldn't agree with you more. When you play above your weight class these things are gonna crop up. There is nobody in 1A who is even capable of doing what Wadsworth does in terms of one way starters and have athletes and are well coached and very capable of making adjustments. I thin the only team that stops FH from another title is FH.

Fort hill pressed their receivers. If you watch how the other teams played Wadsworth, they let them catch the ball around 5 to 7 yards out down after down. Fort Hill didn’t let them do that so they were content on spreading fort hill out and pounding the ball with their 205 pound running back. In the second half Fort Hill got tired and they were able to pick up a lot more yards.
Great coaching on both sides. FH had to press to take away the quick slants, outs, and screens and was fresh enough in the first half to limit the wadsworth run game and not let them get into the no huddle rapid fire pace they wanted to run. Wadsworth was able to make the adjustments at halftime and started running a lot more misdirection and zone running and they were able to get into their no huddle they wanted which took a tired defense and wore them down even faster. It was a great chess match between both sides on both sides of the ball. It was great to see high level coaching and play for 4 quarters. Best game the stadium has seen since the lackey playoff game

Was very impressed with #7’s composure waiting on an open receiver! What’s your thoughts on pulling him out from under center in the second half?

Reactions: Tony54
I gotta be honest, for the first few games I wasn't completely sold on #7 at the helm...but this game you're right, he absolutely showed some great composure. Waiting for receivers to run routes and get open, and threw a couple really nice passes. The team seems to be finding their groove.

Reactions: Dwj21 and Tony54
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT