Briar Woods 34 Lightridge 20

Wadsworth 49 North Royalton 0

Danville 28 Hollidaysburg 21

Oakdale 42 Urbana 14

Frederick 47 Tuscarora 0

Coolidge 48 Ron Brown 6

Middletown 19, Brunswick 14
Coolidge is on a nice run

The team Wadsworth played has one hell of a schedule. They actually played good teams really well. Wadsworth must’ve been pissed off.😂

Briar Woods 34 Lightridge 20

Wadsworth 49 North Royalton 0

Danville 28 Hollidaysburg 21

Oakdale 42 Urbana 14

Frederick 47 Tuscarora 0

Coolidge 48 Ron Brown 6

Middletown 19, Brunswick 14

Not that it makes much difference, but the Oakdale-Urbana score was 42-22. The surprising this is, Urbana actually led this game 22-21 in the 2nd half. Linganore still has to be the favorite Friday night but they are going to have their hands full with the Hawks.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Im not sure how they are split up now, I think the 3A and 4A playoffs are going be interesting.

Im not sure how they are split up now, I think the 3A and 4A playoffs are going be interesting.

In my opinion, Oakdale and Linganore are the 2 best teams in 3A. I'd say that the biggest threat to either of those teams is their own region ( Sherwood & Westminster) or the teams advancing from the South (Arundel, Chesapeake, Northern). I watched Sherwood-WJ on the NFHS network and wasn't terribly impressed with Sherwood, despite the win. They have QO this week so it will be interesting to see how they fare in that one. Westminster lost to Frederick and barely got by Liberty on Friday. This is the first year in a long while that Linganore and Westminster have not played in the regular season and it has turned into a pretty good rivalry so I wouldn't mind a playoff meeting.

If I did math correctly, which I make no promises, there is a good chance that Linganore and Oakdale would meet in the states semi's if they both advance. There are some toss up games in other regions (Mt. Hebron vs. Reservoir and Edgewood vs. Northeast-AA) this week that could really impact the quarterfinal seedings and help the chances of a possible Linganore-Oakdale state final, assuming Linganore brings the I-70 trophy back to its rightful place! A Linganore loss on Friday and most likely they will be the 4 seed in the region and get Oakdale in the 2nd round.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT