ADVERTISEMENT

FH vs Wadsworth

Argox66

All State Poster
Oct 30, 2017
What say you?
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF

Wow this team runs a spread but can't really pass or block....
Their Coaching seems really bad, they have a big line that can't block smaller kids and they are no better than most of the DC Schools from the 90's that came in to Greenway.

Wow this team runs a spread but can't really pass or block....
Their Coaching seems really bad, they have a big line that can't block smaller kids and they are no better than most of the DC Schools from the 90's that came in to Greenway.
Do you mean all the hype was just that?

I mentioned this last week. Look at who they played and their overall records this year. Pads a stat nicely in the W-L column.

Cal Preps predicted Wadsworth 28 - 21 over FH.

Massey has Wadsworth ranked #31 of all schools in OH.

Wadsworth is currently 7-1.

Wadsworth has 1600+ students.

The hype was real.

The practical outcome is what matters. 😊

Wow. I don't agree with some of these posts. This is a very good football team that is being beaten by a couple of incredible FH skill players. I've watched several of their games and for whatever reason, they aren't throwing the quick pass that they're so successful with. Look to see that in the second half.

FH has been playing very well. Wadsworth is committing dumb penalty-killing drives. I think the second half could be very interesting if Wadsworth starts throwing the quick-screens, etc.

Reactions: ravemwp
Well they just went down the field slick as a whistle and scored.

28-14 FH

They won’t stop FH…. For the last 3 weeks FH is on all cylinders….hard to tell how good wadsworth is but that’s not important…. FHs execution is all that matters. Hats off to the coaches….

Wow. Those boys flicked the ON switch and scored 28 unanswered. 35-28 Wadsworth

Last edited:
Incredible ball game. After that first half, I figured it was going to be a nail-biter. Great game to Wadsworth. Lot's of heart by these Sentinels not to give up when all looked lost.

I don't remember who said it, but #5 was certainly a game changer. He put a spur in the butt of the reset of the team. Great job Sentinels!!!!!!

Plain and simple FH was gassed. At least moreso than Wadsworth. Most of our kids played both ways and theirs did not. The no huddle killed our defense.

But these FH kids kept their heads up and made the big plays when it mattered. Great call on the 2 PT conversion. And the only turnover of the game to end it, with a Daniels INT. Good stuff. Wadsworth was a very good team, those who think otherwise are mistaken.

Cal Preps predicted Wadsworth 28 - 21 over FH.

Massey has Wadsworth ranked #31 of all schools in OH.

Wadsworth is currently 7-1.

Wadsworth has 1600+ students.

The hype was real.

The practical outcome is what matters. 😊
The hype was definitely real. That Wadsworth team was one of the best teams to ever come to Greenway stadium. They had a hard time adjusting to the wing t. They were big and physical and they wore Fort Hill down in the second half. You got to give Fort Hill a lot of credit this is one heck of a team.

Plain and simple FH was gassed. At least moreso than Wadsworth. Most of our kids played both ways and theirs did not. The no huddle killed our defense.

But these FH kids kept their heads up and made the big plays when it mattered. Great call on the 2 PT conversion. And the only turnover of the game to end it, with a Daniels INT. Good stuff. Wadsworth was a very good team, those who think otherwise are mistaken.
Yep. The benefit of being 3 or 4 times the size of your opponent in enrollment certainly has its advantages.

Yep. The benefit of being 3 or 4 times the size of your opponent in enrollment certainly has its advantages.
Right? The size difference was tremendous. And then you had the subbing of more big players.

FH was being blown off the line on most plays, but managed to open holes and make tackles. This was pure skill, strength, and determination at work.

Anyone who doesn't think that team from Ohio was any good doesn't know football. Or just hates Fort Hill. Best team to play in the stadium since Cathedral Prep.
Goes to show you can’t always judge a team by their opposition’s records.

That was a good game, not only for FH displaying the ability to pull out the win, but for Wadsworth making such a good showing.

Next Friday we do it all over again with New Oxford! What a ride this season is!

I was lucky enough to have this wonderful Saturday afternoon off of work and decided to run around and get some errands done with the family. Started to follow the game on X (Twitter) and saw the typical halftime Fort Hill score and stopped checking in on it.

Came on here to check in on the chatter and discovered that it turned into quite a ball game. I went back and watched bit and pieces of the second half. I can't wait to watch it via commercial video some time tomorrow night.

Wadsworth had some great play calls in the second half. Converted two critical fourth downs. Scored 28 unanswered points against Fort Hill at Greenway. But still came out on the losing end. Just dug themselves too much of a whole.

Extremely impressed with the Fort Hill game winning touchdown drive. Gutsy call to go for two in that situation. Even after the timeout. I don't think the Fort Hill coaching staff wanted anything to do with playing any longer than regulation. Great play calls on the last Fort Hill drive too.

Right? The size difference was tremendous. And then you had the subbing of more big players.

FH was being blown off the line on most plays, but managed to open holes and make tackles. This was pure skill, strength, and determination at work.
I really don't think Wadsworth was all that big, as in player size. Not according to the roster that I had, anyway. The line play in the first half was all FH.

This came down to the number of personnel moreso that individual size.

It's also interesting that it's 6 years to the day since the Melbourne CC game. Another classic.

I really don't think Wadsworth was all that big, as in player size. Not according to the roster that I had, anyway. The line play in the first half was all FH.

This came down to the number of personnel moreso that individual size.

It's also interesting that it's 6 years to the day since the Melbourne CC game. Another classic.
Indeed that was a really good game. The two differing offensive styles and with FH doing their ground game to win was the stuff of legend. For a non-championship season, they had some big dramatic moments.

I expected Wadsworth to be a big test for FH. Ohio football is good. Wadsworth really struggled to adjust to the speed of the sentinels offense. As the game went, the depth of Wadsworth started to take over. Amazing how FHs kids dug deep on that final drive. Giving up 35 straight points and still having it in you to go down and then convert the 2pt. Impressive.

Great win for the Fort Hill program.

Sensational game to watch, kudos to both teams on a great effort. I do think FH coaching staff made a strategical error early on. With the depth of FH offense backfield, and Nick Willison forced to play all defensive snaps because of the unavailability of Chevy Perkins, I thought he along with Spencer, and Younger, who played all the D snaps, didn't need to play the amount of offensive snaps as they did. Against a team with as much depth as Wadsworth, and getting to the latter part of the season, I thought that Ross, Bender, and Daniels could handle the O snaps, keeping everyone a little fresher on D. The only player playing both ways would be Daniels.(Having the other 3 guys spelling Bril on occasion) I think it would bode well all the way around. In fact with Ross playing full time with Daniels and Bender the offense may be a little more explosive and the defense better rested. Great team win.

Last edited:
Much respect to Wadsworth head coach Justin Todd. From the Times News article on the game....

"Fort Hill just came out and kicked our butt in every phase of the game in the first half," Wadsworth head coach Justin Todd said. "We got too caught up in the outside the whistle stuff. Coaches, players, and that's the most disappointing thing to me.

"We were more concerned with winning the argument or who pushed who first, which is bullcrap. That's not football, and we allowed it to affect our game.

Wadsworth and FH programs seem similar in many ways. Including not being used to getting beat so soundly at any given point. And when that frustration builds every extra push or shove gets under your skin and mouths start running and coaches start yelling. I've seen that happen (rarely) when FH is in a situation like that.

Mad props to the Wadsworth team and coaches in regaining their composure and shaking that off. They got in the hole too early. Otherwise, that could've been a lopsided win for the Grizzlies.

The fans are similar, the well coached players are similar, hell they were even red and white. I wish these guys weren't so far away.

I've fought it off, but I just have to say it...

I'm so glad that FH broke away from the piutm (pound-it-up-the-middle) when they absolutely needed to. In years past, FH would've been done with once they were behind due to continuing relentlessly with piutm. The kids won this game, as it should've been, not coaching preventing that from happening. Win or lose, the right plays were called, including the two-point conversion at the end.

That said, Wadsworth played conservative piutm (with some outside running) in the first half and had their butts handed to them. The second half, well that speaks for itself.

I agree, if Wadsworth had played their style of football in the first half, we wouldn't be celebrating right now. Hence, my (polite) comment about disagreeing with other posts.

Is this a one and done or will we be playing their next year? I'm sure they want revenge, so I doubt scheduling will be hard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT