ADVERTISEMENT

FH/Curley is the silent game of the week

Lagmeister

Hall of Fame Poster
Nov 2, 2007
I had to check my calendar. I had to check the threads. Perhaps the biggest game of the year - bigger even than Keyser - has completely escaped the WMD forum. We have a break in the weather until Friday, so I gather the game is on - but, for sure, this forum is off.

Seems to me that unless we are flogging Alco - and its perpetual putzing program - or defending the slightest snub of FH's schedule, nobody wants to contribute to the challenge.

Reactions: 34SupaPowuh
Game moved to 3:30 on Thursday at a venue TBA.

Constant heavy rains in Baltimore-area have rendered most grass fields unplayable.

Game moved to 3:30 on Thursday at a venue TBA.

Constant heavy rains in Baltimore-area have rendered most grass fields unplayable.

Can you or somebody post the locale - moreover, why do you think there is no game chatter at all.

Can you or somebody post the locale - moreover, why do you think there is no game chatter at all.

I'll let you know the location when I know.

I don't know why this game hasn't been discussed much but I'd venture that some of it is that these teams are totally unknown to each other, so it's hard to make predictions or even really speculate. Some of it might also be that the matchup has lost a little of its luster to some people since FH is 3-1 and Curley is 2-2, even though those 3 losses have come by a total of 11 points.

Everyone has been left in the dark. I do know the band is leaving at 1pm Thursday. Don't no if location had been changed.

The game has NOT been changed as of right this second. It is still as scheduled. It is being discussed as to making any changes, but none yet

The only details I have of Curley are as follows...they line up toe to toe with no splits and work as a battering ram (quoting Todd). Their line is big. That's all I have.

Posters on the Sun Board who probably have as much info on Fort Hill as we do on Curley are saying Curley wins easy. Other than eaglesinsider, he picks Curley and usually has a true read on various teams.

What are your thoughts, eagle?

The only details I have of Curley are as follows...they line up toe to toe with no splits and work as a battering ram (quoting Todd). Their line is big. That's all I have.

Posters on the Sun Board who probably have as much info on Fort Hill as we do on Curley are saying Curley wins easy. Other than eaglesinsider, he picks Curley and usually has a true read on various teams.

What are your thoughts, eagle?

I think it will be a 21-14 type game either way. These teams are very similar in that they are run first offenses that can hit a deep pass when they need to. Curley is a double wing team with a lot of misdirection in their offense. Big on the line of scrimmage with some explosive athletes in the backfield. Both teams lost a lot from their undefeated 2014 teams but both brought back a lot as well. I think this is a good, close football games between two teams who know how to win.

Curley people are saying that there's no way their field will hold up with the amount of rain we've gotten in the past day or so. I tend to agree with that assessment. It's not a good field in the best of conditions. The only saving grace it that it's only used for football in the Fall so there's not as much wear and tear as your typical public school with a grass field in their stadium that is used for football, soccer and sometimes field hockey.

Just read on the FH band FB page that if the band goes the game will be cancelled?!?! WTF?

I hope it stays at 7. I don't believe the rain is supposed to start again until overnight and early Friday. I had planned on leaving work a little early in order to catch it. If they move it to 3:30 won't be able to.

Game moved to 330 because of weather window. And this is a first, the band and cheerleaders can't go!! Because of buss issues and traditions!! This is the first time our band won't be in the stands!

Game moved to 330 because of weather window. And this is a first, the band and cheerleaders can't go!! Because of buss issues and traditions!! This is the first time our band won't be in the stands!

I thought the band not going was only an Allegany tradition.

If the rumor mill is to be believed, it was Curley's insistence (not request) that none of the auxilliary groups be permitted to come. If they did, they would not play. If the team shows up and Curley refuses to play, regardless of why,..wouldn't that be a forfeit?

It is a big help that Curley scheduled the game really because of FH's situation with Avalon. Shame on them for last minute directives on the band and cheerleaders. I think the band should still go as fans as well as the cheerleaders. Will they prevent fan busses. Will they prevent people from entering. It seems like there will be local spectators interested and coming to this game as there are only two games in Baltimore area tomorrow.

Also, Helmick, what time is the game? I have seen several times. I am supposed to meet some people and travel down from my work. An official word would be appreciated.

Last edited:
It was announced last week in the baltimore sun fort hill band was comming. Fort hill needs to tell curley to stick the game up there ass and move on. Just play nine games. Get some balls and cancel the game.....

I never remember a FH game without the band or cheerleaders, I would show up at the game with the team,cheerleaders and band and if they canceled the game, take the forfeit win and let the MPSSAA make a decision not to allow Curley to play any MPSSAA schools ever again.
Fort Hill should show they have balls and not let something like this happen even if it's just the kids from the band and cheerleaders that find their own way to the game.

Reactions: real world
I don't have a 100% answer yet. When it is 100% official I will post it here and on the FortHillFootball.net website.

I realize the Curley website and Facebook pages and other sources have announced the game as being moved to 3:30. That's seems like a reasonable answer for now, but when we know for sure what Coach Appel and the school decides, we will officially post it immediately.

The main issue is obviously the field condition. It is a grass field with poor drainage. And I see more potential rain in the forecast for tonight, tomorrow morning and really heavy in the evening tomorrow, which makes it almost impossible to play an originally 7:00 pm game under portable lights in a driving rain storm on an already over soaked grass field. There is not time to find another field in Baltimore as that was tried a month ago.

This is just me talking and speculating...I would move the game to Monday either there or at Greenway. Weather says Baltimore is going to get really soaked all weekend so Monday wouldn't work there either most likely. I can't speak for Curley but I don't think they wish to travel here Thursday or Monday for logistics reasons. We can't play Friday, Saturday or Sunday here, there or anywhere no matter what. My guess is that the game is played at Curley at 3:30 tomorrow or not at all.

Last edited:
I agree, dress and send both groups. Curley would look like idiots if they cancelled for that reason. Their just trying to "level the playin field".

I never remember a FH game without the band or cheerleaders, I would show up at the game with the team,cheerleaders and band and if they canceled the game, take the forfeit win and let the MPSSAA make a decision not to allow Curley to play any MPSSAA schools ever again.
Fort Hill should show they have balls and not let something like this happen even if it's just the kids from the band and cheerleaders that find their own way to the game.

Actually, a couple guys whining about a band at a football game are the ones that sound like they need to grow balls.

I vote not at all. A bad sloppy field is a good way to get our kids hurt. Also no band no cheerleaders last minute notice is bull shit. The hell wirh the little prep boys. This game has homecooking written all over it...

I HAVE A SET...Fort Hill Football and the band are one.....you must be one of those old jocks that think the band is not important. Its all about the kids not just football.

I HAVE A SET...Fort Hill Football and the band are one.....you must be one of those old jocks that think the band is not important. Its all about the kids not just football.

A set of ovaries. You can't be one of the morons who think that the only reason there is a football team is so the band has a place to play.
It's a football game. Not a band competition, but way to hide behind the kids.

Don't be an idiot. FH Football is a family that runs through the band, cheerleaders, parents, and fans. It is what sets us apart from our local brethren and most schools in the state. Don't diminish that with idiotic posts. Coach Appel will do what is best for his kids. Period!

Seriously, to punish the football players just because of the band is ludicrous.

Furthermore, they don't need the game. So they could care less. We wouldn't be teaching them any lesson. We need to show up and do our thing, pay our respects to the band and show them who Big Red is.

Maybe they don't want the band on the field because the condition of the field and it got misconstrued.

Hey "One nut" it's only the point of Curley demanding not to bring auxiliary groups, even cheerleaders for Gods sake is bazaar . I'm sure the band had no intentions performing on the wet field.

Oh for cripes sake! Have the band and the cheerleaders go in their school cloths. They sit in the stands. If a couple of cheerleaders work their way to the front row and lead the crowd, so what. Two can play at this game. It will just give the team a moral boost.

Hey "One nut" it's only the point of Curley demanding not to bring auxiliary groups, even cheerleaders for Gods sake is bazaar . I'm sure the band had no intentions performing on the wet field.

Drop a deuce, it's only a band. Not the football team. I'm positive the rules of football don't require a band.

The only moron here is one ring....what a dick head......wow.....

Here's some tissues for your issues.
You seriously have the worst case of "pussy for balls" that I've ever seen.
Take some Midol for those cramps.

Don't be an idiot. FH Football is a family that runs through the band, cheerleaders, parents, and fans. It is what sets us apart from our local brethren and most schools in the state. Don't diminish that with idiotic posts. Coach Appel will do what is best for his kids. Period!

That's the most laughable thing you've said on here, which i saying something.
FH FOOTBALL is a family. Not FH BAND, or CHEERLEADERS, who perform at other events.
Does the football perform at basketball games, or band competitions, or cheer competitions.

You're much better than to use empty rhetoric.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT