ADVERTISEMENT

FH 16 Morgantown 7 Final

cumbfanatic

Franchise Poster
Sep 13, 2009
Great play when the kid from Morgantown was running in the open, he looked over at the FH sideline and the FH kid caught him and knocked the ball out of his hands for a fumble.

Reactions: camper21502
Morgantown had 1st and goal from the 6, then 4th down at the 2 and FH stopped them. Great defense stance

Danny King 10 of the 16 points FH scored ,add what he does on punts and kickoffs, then a pick to end the game. Can’t remember the last time I e seen a kid do this at the HS level. #Weapon

FH guys were hitting Morgantown backs hard and some big hit blocks. But FH got a little banged up. Good to get a solid game in. The line wore down Motown but they had some studs and did not quit. The backs ran hard and made some good cuts but one of them needs to work on north-south running when he gets to the edge. Better to get 2-3 yrds then nothing.

Last edited:
Danny King 10 of the 16 points FH scored ,add what he does on punts and kickoffs, then a pick to end the game. Can’t remember the last time I e seen a kid do this at the HS level. #Weapon
The Campers John Carpenter was the last time I've seen a special teams weapon like this kid. It was nice when we had a kicker that could make 50 yd fgs and put every kickoff in the endzone.. It's definitely a difference maker.

This was the best defensive display I’ve ever seen from a Todd coached team.

As far as the offense being conservative; they churned out over 400 yards on the ground... I’ll take that from conservative play calling.

Unfortunately this is a down year for the Mohigans who will be lucky to finish above .500. But a good win otherwise and happy to see the two schools playing each other.

Goeers12, so are you saying it's also a down year for Parkersburg and Steubenville they are 2 good teams and Morgantown scored points and played great against both of them

Yep, exactly. Fort Hill will be fine as they always are but I would not chalk this up as a signature win, that’s all but it’s a win so does it matter?

In fact I believe Bridgeport beat them in a scrimmage early on and Bridgeport is about the size of Frankfort, although their football team is perennially a top AA team in WV.

Loyola and Morgantown would probably be in the top 4 in MD 1A.
Why because they both gave FH a close game? We still dont know how good this FH team really is. Morgantown sure doesn't look like a powerhouse team to me.

Motown was lucky to catch FH this early in the season. 4 weeks from now and it would have been 35-0. Their inexperience is still showing. Fumbles, penalties and cramping will decrease as they learn, grow and the temperature cools.

None of the FH OL played significant snaps last year or this preseason. They’ve got as much potential as last years squad (who had tons of game experience going into their Sr Season).

It’ll be a fun season!

Just saying don’t get way jacked up over beating an average Morgantown team that’s all, no harm intended.

Fort Hill is not as dominate as years past, this is easy to see. The FB is solid and a great player, but not a big bruiser like a typical Wing-T FB. The defense looks very solid and dug deep against a larger team tonight and prevailed. Rather Morgantown is a powerhouse....I don’t much care. They ARE a quality team and it was a GOOD win for FH. The jury is still out on this year’s team and there is a lot of work to be done before these Sentinels become a “team.” I will be honest and say that I was pleasantly surprised to see FH win tonight.

Hey guys it’s been fun. Good win tonight. Now I must refocus for the EERS tomorrow although it’s going to be a wet one. Good luck to both the Sentinels and the Campers this year and may the best team represent Cumberland. BTW, played at Ridgeley in the mid 70’s and envied you guys but went to Greenway every Friday and Saturday night as we played Firiday afternoons. Loved the stadium Pizza and drove through my old stomping grounds today.

Reactions: PWA Docket 7323
Just saying don’t get way jacked up over beating an average Morgantown team that’s all, no harm intended.
Where were you in the week leading up to the game? Hadn’t seen a post from you before Morgantown lost about how it’s a down year for them.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
I’m actually in Bridgeport but grew up in Ridgeley. Been here for 10 years and have always wondered why Bridgeport and Fort Hill or Allegany never played. Not trying to rag on the Sentinels at all just enjoy the Western Maryland board as that is a big piece of my life plus I’m a football alocholic that’s all. It’s all good, relax as I have no investment in Morgantown, sorry if I rubbed a nerve.

FH had 4 turnovers. At crucial parts of the game. If you told me FH would lose 4 turnovers I would have said no way FH wins. Have to correct the fumblING problem.

They (Motown)had 3 and lost 2. That was helpful but yes the turnovers have to.stop. I believe it will get better as they rep more. Remember that as an offensive unit they don't have a lot of experience.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT