ADVERTISEMENT

Class 1A Title Game FH vs MR

I would mix players in here and there for the 3rd Quarter and maybe play all subs in 4th Quarter.
It is The Championship but I'm betting Ridge won't play the backups, so if that happens and they keep all the starters in I wouldn't play more than 2 or 3 subs at a time just so Ridge can make it look respectable.
The State has to change the playoff system, get rid of 4 classes and everyone making it is just stupid
The same thing would happen to the to 2a champion and a three a champion. I watched the Stephen Decatur game and they are not better than Mountain ridge. By the end of the game, Oakdale would have a running clock on them also.

Last edited:
The same thing would happen to the to 2a champion and a three a champion. I watched the Stephen Decatur game and they are not better than Mountainridge. By the end of the game, Oakdale would have a running clock on them also.
It’s about fixing it going forward, not what would’ve challenged Fort Hill this season. This Fort Hill team is historically elite. One of the best in school and area history. It would not surprise me if they would beat every team in the state this year. But that’s not always the case. Get it back to 4 classes.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
The same thing would happen to the to 2a champion and a three a champion. I watched the Stephen Decatur game and they are not better than Mountainridge. By the end of the game, Oakdale would have a running clock on them also.
yeah I'm not saying FH and Ridge aren't 2 of The Top 5 Public Schools in the State, I'm just saying it all needs fixed. The 35 Point Rule Running Clock in the Final is Stupid, having a guy like this that doesn't know left from right or any High School football rules doing the game. The MPSSAA is just lacking. Watching The Martinsburg game at the same time is Awesome, Great Announcing, No 35 pt rule, They have such a great broadcast setup that they have Replay Review's and can reverse the call on the field.
They play at a Great High School Stadium, it's just sad to me that WV is run so much better than MD
for some reason the participation awards have taken over High School Sports.

Ridge scored 5 minutes ago and it still says 7, this is a clown show but from the MPSSAA I wouldn't expect anything less

Reactions: jackb309
Now he’s mentioning the second string line by name for the great job. They did all game. He literally has no clue about what’s going on in the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: bigdawgrefwmd
At one point during the game fort Hill intercepted the ball and ran a play and he still thought Mountain Ridge had the ball. He missed an entire two plays. Very bizarre.

Reactions: 52 to victory
Now he saying Gabrill is playing quarterback. It was an obvious handoff, and he called it a wildcat run. I swear Biden could call the game as good as this joker.
The cameraman sucks, too. Most of the passes, and touchdowns, weren't even covered. NFHS should be ashamed of themselves.

I just hope this guy laid a town down on the floor under his desk, if not the cleanup will take a bit

The second team line is very bad. I’m sure between the outstanding coaches, Fort Hill has and the JV team that they will get it rectified by the time the season starts.

yeah I'm not saying FH and Ridge aren't 2 of The Top 5 Public Schools in the State, I'm just saying it all needs fixed. The 35 Point Rule Running Clock in the Final is Stupid, having a guy like this that doesn't know left from right or any High School football rules doing the game. The MPSSAA is just lacking. Watching The Martinsburg game at the same time is Awesome, Great Announcing, No 35 pt rule, They have such a great broadcast setup that they have Replay Review's and can reverse the call on the field.
They play at a Great High School Stadium, it's just sad to me that WV is run so much better than MD
for some reason the participation awards have taken over High School Sports.
Virginia does too

I thought Coach Patterson took it upon himself to make sure the Ridge players would be "up" for this game? After his comments from the regular season loss to FH. It was all about attitude.

I saw a lot of giving up on the field for the Miners today. Until the starters were pulled. Looks like his 'win one for the Gipper' speech needs some work.

The second team line is very bad. I’m sure between the outstanding coaches, Fort Hill has and the JV team that they will get it rectified by the time the season starts.
FH's backup line has looked bad for 20 years... they will be replaced with JV Players from this past year. happens all the time. I used to think the same thing with wow they have skill positions coming back but their line will be terrible and boom another Title

Patterson wasn't going to put his subs in. He finally did on the last offensive series. What's embarrassing about it revolves around his own kids not getting an opportunity to play in Annapolis. SMH
Embarrassing, lost some respect for him today. I will go back to a previous post. If the teams that the mercy rule was created to protect won't use it, then just get rid of it. So tired of coaches padding stats against JV players.

Last edited:
I thought Coach Patterson took it upon himself to make sure the Ridge players would be "up" for this game? After his comments from the regular season loss to FH. It was all about attitude.

I saw a lot of giving up on the field for the Miners today. Until the starters were pulled. Looks like his 'win one for the Gipper' speech needs some work.
He'll say the penalties cost him the game, but #3 is the real deal!!! There are a lot of other excellent offense and defensive players, too!!! That's why I worry about next year. No offense line, no running back. Same goes on defense. Could be a down year for FH if they don't get the line play working significantly better.

The OL and DL of a team are not given enough credit!!!!

Reactions: ravemwp
He'll say the penalties cost him the game, but #3 is the real deal!!! There are a lot of other excellent offense and defensive players, too!!! That's why I worry about next year. No offense line, no running back. Same goes on defense. Could be a down year for FH if they don't get the line play working significantly better.

The OL and DL of a team are not given enough credit!!!!
FH has tons of skill position returning. I wonder if the coaching staff would consider maybe trying to put a few extra pounds on Perkins, and Willison and convert them to slightly undersized, but very quick offensive lineman. They both play so well on the defensive side. I think Noah House can step right in at QB. Backfield with Daniels, Ross, Bender, Younger. I don't think they miss a beat.

I would mix players in here and there for the 3rd Quarter and maybe play all subs in 4th Quarter.
It is The Championship but I'm betting Ridge won't play the backups, so if that happens and they keep all the starters in I wouldn't play more than 2 or 3 subs at a time just so Ridge can make it look respectable.
The State has to change the playoff system, get rid of 4 classes and everyone making it is just stupid
Coach Alkire made sure all team members got to play today.
That's how you reload for next year.

So I guess today simplifies the Offensive Player of the Year award, but how does it complicate the POY award, or did Hess have that award won before the season started. I personally think Jabril is the most deserving with apologies to no one. It's a season award. Not career.

It won’t shake out this way because of how the voting works but the case can be made for Daniels to win POY and OPOY and Hess to win DPOY and LOY.

So I guess today simplifies the Offensive Player of the Year award, but how does it complicate the POY award, or did Hess have that award won before the season started. I personally think Jabril is the most deserving with apologies to no one. It's a season award. Not career.
One thing is for sure, Patterson is out for OPOY. The scheme FH used today was meant to exploit Ridge first but then solidify Daniels as OPOY. Finally. I felt it was obvious Daniels was given the opportunity to break two pretty impressive records at FH (tds and points)

at least a minute behind Magic 100.5
another note the announcer for NFHS is so confused, he's about as bad to listen to as WTBO
It felt like it was about 2 1/2-3min behind wvmetronews and WCBC. With announcer…Sad but true. Of course he was solo in the booth, doing stats and maybe, sort of announcing. At least I believe that’s what he was attempting. Heck I could’ve did a better job and that is definitely not saying much. Good point relating WTBO announcer, having brain fart on his name, and Wiley Baker, NFHS broadcaster. 😊 I wish I could remember how he pronounced Alkire. I know he was butchering it. Not to kick him will he was having a down couple hours. In his defense he was better with Decatur, Dunbar, Wise games. And doing a better job with Oakdales game now.

There are six classes. Agree everyone should not make playoffs. Of course other sports have been doing it for years. I do like 2 teams from each region making it to the semifinals. As Todd posted before, referring to WVs round robin playoffs works well also. As long as the 2 best teams from each class have a chance to make it to Championship it’s a better system than what MD previously had. That holds true for 1A West Volleyball and several other sports in different classifications.

Reactions: ravemwp
It felt like it was about 2 1/2-3min behind wvmetronews and WCBC. With announcer…Sad but true. Of course he was solo in the booth, doing stats and maybe, sort of announcing. At least I believe that’s what he was attempting. Heck I could’ve did a better job and that is definitely not saying much. Good point relating WTBO announcer, having brain fart on his name, and Wiley Baker, NFHS broadcaster. 😊 I wish I could remember how he pronounced Alkire. I know he was butchering it. Not to kick him will he was having a down couple hours. In his defense he was better with Decatur, Dunbar, Wise games. And doing a better job with Oakdales game now.
"Alkeer"

First I want to say congratulations to the Fort Hill Sentinels. They looked like men against boys out there. To be honest, I am not even upset this year, ( I am still crying from last year though, 🤣🤣🤣 ). Those boys from Ridge have nothing to be ashamed of, they went far and beyond my expectations. Once again, congratulations to FH. They are like a well oiled machine.
On a side note, I thought it was very good sportsmanship between everyone today, players and the fans. I still love my Miners. ❤️🖤💛🤍

I was going to let the whole thing go as I've kind of beat a dead horse about his comments but since you brought it up....no I'm gonna be nice because Patterson made it way too easy, it wouldn't even be fun.
I'm going to say congrats to him and his staff and the entire team on another outstanding season. Listen, it has to be demoralizing knowing if FH wasn't in your class you'd be a state champion, maybe three times in a row. I watched some really really good FH teams lose again and again to Dunbar and every time they lost I had less faith the next time they played them. MR can do what FH did and that is continue to play the same way year after year and expect a different result. This coaching staff for FH has done something I've never seen at FH and they actually developed a passing game so there was a plan B. That is a team that could potentially beat a Dunbar team year in and year out. MR has to figure out what it is they can change in order to get it to the next level, or they will continue to get the same result.

What do you mean? They have the entire backfield except for the qb
right. There are those who said the 10th grade qb has a really good arm and will blend in very well with the style for has developed over the last half of the season. You have one of the fastest kids to ever play fb coming back and hopefully he'll be healthy all year. You have a couple other backs who saw good playing time and looked very promising, and all that without even mentioning the starting fb who will end up breaking most records if he's healthy all year. Replacing a line is hard but there's some good size to work with and this staff has shown a very good ability to focus on the line and make things happen. Remember the db's this year were new and early were very green and they grew into their roles very nicely.

Embarrassing, lost some respect for him today. I will go back to a previous post. If the teams that the mercy rule was created to protect won't use it, then just get rid of it. So tired of coaches padding stats against JV players.

Coach Patterson should be ashamed of himself
Patterson sure does seem to do his best to pad the stats. IMO he has for years. I’d like to think some of those kids would have loved to have played a few downs.
On another note, I guess he was unable to hype his team up again this game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT