Suitland 4A (8-2)

Suitland 7 Douglass 6

Flowers 4A (10-1)

Flowers 7 Douglass 6

Gwynn Park 2A (5-4)

Gwynn Park 14 Douglass 6

Potomac 3A (7-4)

Potomac 6 Douglass 0

Pretty ligit in my book on the competition.But we will have some nay sayers on this topic on this board. All the loses are to ligit teams in PG Counties,and shows why the handed Dunbar there ass. Both teams matched up perfect in their style of offenses. Both play the same style,
“Big Plays” Should just call Douglass, Dunbar of PG County. We are gonna see next Saturday what we have seen from Dunbar.And the funny thing is Douglass is Maroon and Gold. Can’t shake that color

Last edited:
Suitland 4A (8-2)

Suitland 7 Douglass 6

Flowers 4A (10-1)

Flowers 7 Douglass 6

Gwynn Park 2A (5-4)

Gwynn Park 14 Douglass 6

Potomac 3A (7-4)

Potomac 6 Douglass 0

Pretty ligit in my book on the competition.But we will have some nay sayers on this topic on this board. All the loses are to ligit teams in PG Counties,and shows why the handed Dunbar there ass
Read on here Dunbar had no play book on them, Lamn excuse for Dunbar since I have all respect for there coaching staff.Really dont see that as the outcome. Dunbar is always well coached and prepared by Coach Lawrence

Read on here Dunbar had no play book on them, Lamn excuse for Dunbar since I have all respect for there coaching staff.Really dont see that as the outcome. Dunbar is always well coached and prepared by Coach Lawrence
Ya know this kind of makes sense because last year Lawrence said at halftime they realized for fh couldn't throw so they changed their defense...if he had watched ANY film he would have known that before the game started.

This will be the fourth time FH has faced a Frederick Douglass school in the state championship.

1975 Eagles
2013 Ducks
2014 Ducks
2018 Eagles

Reactions: Tony54
This will be the fourth time FH has faced a Frederick Douglass school in the state championship.

1975 Eagles
2013 Ducks
2014 Ducks
2018 Eagles
This is going to be a tricky one. Don't believe maxpreps. FH is not blowing out this team. It's all about matchups but penalties and turnovers are huge in games like this. If FH can keep their cool and not get caught up in any extracurricular stuff, it should be a close one. If Douglass puts eleven men on the line FH might not score.

Reactions: 4R341
This is going to be a tricky one. Don't believe maxpreps. FH is not blowing out this team. It's all about matchups but penalties and turnovers are huge in games like this. If FH can keep their cool and not get caught up in any extracurricular stuff, it should be a close one. If Douglass puts eleven men on the line FH might not score.
This was my prediction last year. I thought for certain Douglas was going to be the team to beat Dunbar. So, while I wasn't preaching it this year, I suspected the possibility. Win or lose I'll still enjoy this game much more. Everyone on here is acting like FH is this high-talent team this year. They're not. They have some strong defensive players, and their usual pound-it-up-the-middle back, but stop that and there'll be a zero next to FH.

I'm still shocked FH didn't throw more short routes or middle screens. I couldn't believe after a failed, almost picked-off seam pass that they'd go right back to it. Predictable.

Reactions: RollSentinels
This was my prediction last year. I thought for certain Douglas was going to be the team to beat Dunbar. So, while I wasn't preaching it this year, I suspected the possibility. Win or lose I'll still enjoy this game much more. Everyone on here is acting like FH is this high-talent team this year. They're not. They have some strong defensive players, and their usual pound-it-up-the-middle back, but stop that and there'll be a zero next to FH.

I'm still shocked FH didn't throw more short routes or middle screens. I couldn't believe after a failed, almost picked-off seam pass that they'd go right back to it. Predictable.
How can the FH passing be predicable. Please explain

PM showers so field goals and field position. FH can win. At least I hope so.

How can the FH passing be predicable. Please explain
I know from my perspective they won't throw easy passes like screens but they'll try to throw 40 yard passes twice in a row, even though the first one should've been picked off, but the defender just plain dropped it. Instead of saying "that was close, let's try a little dink pass out to the back" they go right back to it. It is putting a lot of pressure on a qb to make those tough passes when they don't pass that often.

Anyone know if they have any speed or anyone who can hit those big plays that seem to plague FH every title game?

Any size on either side of the lines?

I know their a running team but what about the QB passing? Is he accurate or just shuck and ducks?

TV INFO

vi0Kv8.jpg

Also The other Games

LINGANORE VS FRANKLIN 3A THURSDAY NOV. 29 PREGAME @ 6:45 KICKOFF AT 7 from the NAVY-MARINE CORPS MEMORIAL STADIUM

OAKDALE VS GLENELG 2A SATURDAY DEC. 1 PREGAME @ 6:45 KICKOFF AT 7 from the NAVY-MARINE CORPS MEMORIAL STADIUM

Listen Live
http://stream.cool1450amwthu.com:9888/stream/1/

Video Stream (Not sure if they will have it or not)
https://cool1450amwthu.com/watch-live-videostream/

Friday, 11/30@ 7:30 PM -- Class 4A: #2 Quince Orchard (V) vs. #1 North Point (H)
https://www.elasticplayer.xyz/wptx/

WCBC has 2 stations 1270 AM and 103.1 FM Lately all the High School coverage has been on the FM station due to the Frostburg games being played at the same time. If you want to know what's actually happening during the game then listen to WCBC... If you want a good laugh from some FH fanatics that are blind half the time then listen to WTBO..

WCBC has 2 stations 1270 AM and 103.1 FM Lately all the High School coverage has been on the FM station due to the Frostburg games being played at the same time. If you want to know what's actually happening during the game then listen to WCBC... If you want a good laugh from some FH fanatics that are blind half the time then listen to WTBO..

Wah, wah, wah. Please stop. Listening to your posts is more embarrassing than the effort allegany gave against southern!

Wah, wah, wah. Please stop. Listening to your posts is more embarrassing than the effort allegany gave against southern!

In all fairness, they are pretty bad at times. Half the time they don’t know who did what. That said, the radio team for Linganore last night gave them a run for their money. They weren’t very impressive either.

If you watched the game I gotta say that announcer could work at wtbo, he was painful to listen to and just as stupid. he kept insisting franklin kick a field with 8 seconds left. they wanted to run a play and get closer for their kicker. i think the coach knew best as proven by him getting some add'l yardage and having time left to kick the field goal, and winning. he must've said 8 times "kick the field goal now"...at least that is what it sounded like he was saying. no offense to anybody with a speech problem but is somebody with a speech impediment the best person to be sports broadcasting?

Reactions: camper21502
If you watched the game I gotta say that announcer could work at wtbo, he was painful to listen to and just as stupid. he kept insisting franklin kick a field with 8 seconds left. they wanted to run a play and get closer for their kicker. i think the coach knew best as proven by him getting some add'l yardage and having time left to kick the field goal, and winning. he must've said 8 times "kick the field goal now"...at least that is what it sounded like he was saying. no offense to anybody with a speech problem but is somebody with a speech impediment the best person to be sports broadcasting?
Wow

You heard what I heard. He missed several spots on the ball. I told my youngest that all he has to do is watch where the official marks progress. That's where the ball is going to be. On a few occasion, he even announced the wrong down. In a way, it was funny. This is what happens when someone wants to watch the game instead of describing the game as it progresses. (In all fairness, it's easier said than done.)

The state title tv announcers are really bad. One is a legendary coach, but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a good announcer. Walking in their shoes however wouldn't be easy as they know absolutely zero about these teams. That is why they say things that make zero sense.

The state title tv announcers are really bad. One is a legendary coach, but that doesn't necessarily translate to being a good announcer. Walking in their shoes however wouldn't be easy as they know absolutely zero about these teams. That is why they say things that make zero sense.
Would be nice if they did a little research prior to doing the job. There has been some crazy stuff said the last 5 years about FH just shooting from the hips. Dead people watching in the stands. All kinds of nonsense.

The worst color commentary I ever heard was the first year they got Joe Theismann to do the Super Bowl. The guy never shut up once during the entire game.

I think color commentary is both a gift and an art form. The better it is done the easier it looks to the point where folks watching think anybody can do it.

Still, the best to date were Gifford, Meredith and Cosell. Gifford did the down and distance while Cosell would play off Meredith.

Reactions: Tony54
good point. ironically we have friends whose son went to Elon for sports broadcasting. he has been out for two years and has been stuck in a PawPaw type situation in the middle of farmland usa making very little and having no good exposure or possibilities other than social media. he has said it's all about who you know and we all know living in cumberland how true that is!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT