ADVERTISEMENT

Benedictine OH 45 Cathedral Prep PA 24

And as expected, another Sentinel Justice Warrior swoops in after overreacting to someone posting someone else's opinion.

That's a lot of anger for one guy saying he heard that Prep wasnt as good as the last few seasons.

What type of snowflake are you when offering an opinion of a team on FH's schedule is seen as attacking FH.

What you are missing, oring, is the fact several weeks ago Boyz made the comment that “he heard it was a rebuilding year” for CP.

You know and I know why he made that comment. If FH wins, he can discredit the win. If FH loses, he can say they lost to a team that was in a “rebuilding” year. He simply can’t accept that programs such as FH and CP are always building.

Oh, trust me, I am far from a “Sentinel Justice Warrior.” I simply recognize two high-quality football programs that don’t have to “rebuild” when I see them.

Furthermore, I have as much loyalty to AHS as I do to FHHS.

No more to say on the topic.

Peace to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: towpath94
What you are missing, oring, is the fact several weeks ago Boyz made the comment that “he heard it was a rebuilding year” for CP.

You know and I know why he made that comment. If FH wins, he can discredit the win. If FH loses, he can say they lost to a team that was in a “rebuilding” year. He simply can’t accept that programs such as FH and CP are always building.

Oh, trust me, I am far from a “Sentinel Justice Warrior.” I simply recognize two high-quality football programs that don’t have to “rebuild” when I see them.

Furthermore, I have as much loyalty to AHS as I do to FHHS.

No more to say on the topic.

Peace to you.
You mean what you implied he meant by posting it. He clearly was listing information from people with much more knowledge of the team than people on here.

It wasnt even his opinion, but you watched people attack him and continue to attack him just because it was an opinion they didnt want to hear.

Now that those opinions are proving true, you can see how personal people are taking it all over again. Instead of admitting the opinion was right, they are doubling down and pitifully accusing people of being haters.

You're literally criticizing someone for posting an opinion, just because you dont like the opinion. Has anyone found anything to show the opinion wrong? Nope. They just hurl insults.

I have repeated this before a few times, but if you really want to understand what a rebuilding process is, here it is for Fort Hill...they lost all 11 starters on defense. On offense they lost the QB, the fullback, both halfbacks, both tight ends, the wide receiver and the biggest offensive tackle they had. So the only true starters FH had coming back were an offensive tackle, two guards and a center. On top of all that they lost both their offensive and defensive coordinators who had been there for well over 10 years.

This is not a "whoa is me" situation because it is not uncommon for FH to go through this every year as they are generally a senior based team. That is what good, small public schools must do to be successful. But I have to admit, FH did lose pretty much the kitchen sink moreso than I can remember for a long time.

I believe the concern for the ECP game is that the FH defense has a long way to go. They are on the smaller side, albeit some quickness, with a ton of inexperience. I don't see FH holding ECP off the scoreboard. But I do believe they can move the ball on offense. This game is so much like the catholic private team FH played from Florida 2 years ago (Melbourne Central Catholic) in that regards but this year's defense is miles behind the one they had that year. However, Melbourne CC never punted so what's the difference? I look for a high scoring affair. But if the FH defense is forced to win the game I don't see it. It may be who has the ball last. Or ECP can get on top and roll.
I wonder how the ECP defense compares to Melbourne. They are a perennial powerhouse and you don't usually get those titles by having a weak defense or one that can't stop a one dimensional offense. If they put 11 men on the line of scrimmage like any fh opponent should do, it could be a long night.

I wonder how the ECP defense compares to Melbourne. They are a perennial powerhouse and you don't usually get those titles by having a weak defense or one that can't stop a one dimensional offense. If they put 11 men on the line of scrimmage like any fh opponent should do, it could be a long night.

Agree. ECP is not the same as Melbourne because of coaching consistency.

The funny part about Melbourne CC after they got flagged for all those penalties when they came here, is that other coaches who played against them told me they put up huge penalty numbers every game they play. 15 yard variety. Go figure. When you have a head coach looking at the crowd and pointing to the scoreboard while they are trying to get a play called, that's really all you need to know. I still have that on video. LOL.

Go back and read my first paragraph. If anyone told me that about any team I would say they have no shot at playing a consistently good private school. This is not the FH team I would have chosen to play that type of school in Week 4 based on the experience levels. FH is the pure definition of rebuilding mode. The difference is they rebuild with seniors.

Yeah, I think even with a few injuries and in "rebuild mode" this Prep team is far above talent of any team we normally see in the stadium or playing against any of our area schools. You also have to realize that teams like C. Prep and other quality private school teams are two platooning, bringing in nearly full offense and defense crews. So to a team full of two-way Ironmen, if you lose your top running back, you may also be losing your top linebacker or defensive back...therefore your offense and defense both take an almost irreplaceable hit. I'm sure losing a player for C. Prep on one side of the ball is just as noticeable, but maybe not to both sides of the ball.

So yeah, all schools lose players. All schools have "rebuild" years, but not all schools have the personnel that a quality private school has. Staff and players alike. I don't know that the injuries and rebuild issue knocks Prep down that many pegs in relation to FH. It'd be like saying that Dematha coming to Greenway on a "down year" is any easier of a task. In fact, if memory serves when Dematha came to Greenway in the mid 90s, they were not considered the same team they normally are, and FH was a quality playoff team, and it was still a two TD win for the Stags.

Just on paper and from a "betting mans" perspective, I'd give Prep a 14 point favor in this one.
I’m sorta taking this game just like the Friendship Game 2 years ago. Like you said above , when you 2 platoon its hard to beat, as friendship did. I see the score as Cal Preps had the previous 2 weeks.42-14 . Dont know about our defense on this one. Hope I’m wrong

Fort Hill defense tends to get a lot better as the season goes along. Fort hill has had some really bad ones in the past that became great at the end of the year. The year that Ford Hill got run over by Keyser comes to mind. Unless FortHill has gotten much better they are going to have a very hard time stopping cathedral. I also hope that Ford Hill is not one dimensional in this game. Teams with size and athletes can load the box and stop the run. Having said all that I would be ecstatic if Fort Hill wins this game.

Peace to you.

It's funny this guy is thinking about me so much, lol.

I do want to address just one of the many false things he stated about me in these posts. I didn't just "hear" it was a rebuilding year for CP from somebody at the bar at Uncle Jacks. As I have stated several times. That information came from 3 journalists that cover CP and Pennsylvania high school football year after year. That's called creating an informed opinion. You talk to people who are knowledgeable about the topic or (better yet) who have inside information. I do this all the time. PG has like 40 high school teams and Moco has over 30 high schools teams, so it's impossible to be an expert on every team. Journalists are good to talk to because you can usually get an unbiased take. Most sportswriters that cover prep sports are more than willing to talk to you, in fact you usually get more info than you ask for, lol. Todd H is very knowledgeable about football in general and especially about Tri-State football. But Todd is affiliated with the FH program. You are simply not going to get an unbiased take from Todd H. Yes, FH also lost players from last year, that's obvious to everyone on this board because it's a WMD board. Everyone already knows FH produces a good 1A team every year, the questions were about how good CP is. As the person from CP said, they are good but not a "super team" like the FH fans were making them out to be. As I said over a month ago, based on what people were saying, they won't be close to the same CP squad that won the state title last year. I have said numerous times I think this will be a tough contest. The Cal Preps calculation predicted: FH 31 - CP 30. I agree, I think FH will win by a touchdown in the 4th quarter. So I guess the FH people are mad at everyone now, me, the journalists I spoke to, the guys from CP that commented on the board, and Cal Preps, lol.

I do want to address just one of the many false things he stated about me in these posts. I didn't just "hear" it was a rebuilding year for CP from somebody at the bar at Uncle Jacks. As I have stated several times. That information came from 3 journalists that cover CP and Pennsylvania high school football year after year. That's called creating an informed opinion. You talk to people who are knowledgeable about the topic or (better yet) who have inside information. I do this all the time. PG has like 40 high school teams and Moco has over 30 high schools teams, so it's impossible to be an expert on every team. Journalists are good to talk to because you can usually get an unbiased take. Most sportswriters that cover prep sports are more than willing to talk to you, in fact you usually get more info than you ask for, lol. Todd H is very knowledgeable about football in general and especially about Tri-State football. But Todd is affiliated with the FH program. You are simply not going to get an unbiased take from Todd H. Yes, FH also lost players from last year, that's obvious to everyone on this board because it's a WMD board. Everyone already knows FH produces a good 1A team every year, the questions were about how good CP is. As the person from CP said, they are good but not a "super team" like the FH fans were making them out to be. As I said over a month ago, based on what people were saying, they won't be close to the same CP squad that won the state title last year. I have said numerous times I think this will be a tough contest. The Cal Preps calculation predicted: FH 31 - CP 30. I agree, I think FH will win by a touchdown in the 4th quarter. So I guess the FH people are mad at everyone now, me, the journalists I spoke to, the guys from CP that commented on the board, and Cal Preps, lol.

The mere thought of a highly competitive game, let alone a loss, throws some red-jackets into premature attack-u-lation.

When it comes to being a sports journalist myself since 1999 I can honestly say with ease that the BoyzBlue take on FH football is not unbiased.

When I state things such as FH only returned 4 offensive linemen as starters, that is not an opinion.

Last edited:
Ffs they lost to the #29 team in the country. And defending Ohio big school champion by only 7 pts. A CP fan said the game could have gone either way. What more do people want? Some of you won't be satisfied intio FH schedules Alabama. Then you would still have something negative to say.

Why do you think every FH fan predicted the sentinels to lose in the pick'em this week? If FH loses, they can say they expected it, but if FH wins they can make it an even bigger deal by saying 'no one gave them a chance.'

Just to clarify, I pick to win each week - I can be pretty competitive. I honestly think ECP is the favorite in this game.

you have to take the criticisms and comments with a grain of salt. as a fh fan i'd rather state my opinion based on what i think i know than to try and please a bunch of people who can't be objective so they attack you no matter what you say. "give me proof" "give me examples" "tell me the situation" are all fair questions but i don't feel the need to explain to anybody why i say what i say. you have went above and beyond trying to explain you don't just blurt out shit just to stir things up, so if somebody questions it screw'em.

Cathedral 35 Fort Hill 24
It is week 4. The FH defense has not had a chance to mature and gel at this point. If this were week 8, I'd feel differently. It will be a solid, early-season test for Big Red. They will grow, win or lose. Realistically, FH finishes either 9-0 or 8-1 this regular season and secures the 1 or 2 spot in the 1A West. So, let it all on the table tonight. Go for the W. It isn't going to make or break this season.

I dont think anyone per se is DISAGREEING with you that CP lost alot from the previous few years when they were dominant. I specifically stated as such in my posts as well. ECP fans on this board agree with that as well. Yes, they are not the same team they were when they won 3 straight PA titles.

The problem is, you are quick to point out that CP is "rebuilding" without putting due consideration on the fact that FH is very much so as well. If not moreso. This FH team is NOT the same team the were in previous title years either, wouldn't you agree? You can call yourself a journalist until you're blue in the face. Popular news channels claim to be fair and balanced as well, but anyone with a shred of reasoning abilities can forage through the slanted bias pretty easily. I dont hold a journalism pedigree as making anyone an expert, so to speak. I dont fault or hold against you that you aren't a Fort Hill "fan"...thats fine. And I obviously can tell you know a thing or two about a thing or two. I hold that in higher regard.

But you present with a bias when you put more emphasis on one side of an argument over the other. Whether you intend to or not, I can't make that call, but I can only go by your presentation, and you absolutely present that way. You're not a troll like a few others on here who are just trying to counterpoint everything, so I'm not going that direction. But a team like CP, even in a "rebuilding year" is more formidable than pretty much any other team on any local team's schedule. And I'd say as good a challenge as 90% of the teams in the state of MD. As I referenced in an earlier post, when Dematha came to town back in the mid 90's they were not the same super team they have always been, but they are/were still one of the better teams you'd see during anyone's regular season schedule. And they still beat FH.

This Prep team is not St Frances or Mater Dei, I get it. And perennial public school powers like Martinsburg and Wise have years where they aren't loaded for bear as usual. But as much as anyone would consider Martinsburg or Wise a pretty bold scheduling move for a small (yes GOOD) but small school like FH, I consider C.Prep equally bold. If FH wins, it will be because they outplayed and made fewer mistakes than C.Prep. If CP wins, I would say the same for them, they outplayed and capitalized on FH's mistakes as well.I dont foresee either team particularly blowing the other team out of the water. But if CP comes in hitting a short passing game with success, I think that gives them the edge. If so, they win by 14. If not, I like the 31-30 prediction either way.

I think the whole "rebuild" argument is a wash. Both teams have great history, great programs, good coaching, and are filling some personnel gaps they haven't had to in a while. So that makes the line even. CP has played much stronger competition over the last few weeks, I dont really think that's debatable. They would probably be considered to have a more diverse offense (or capability as such), as well. I do think FH will have success in running the wing T against a team that will have limited experience with it. But like I said, a short, successful (that's the key) passing game from CP could be a more advantageous scoring set up than the wing T is going the other way.

These are two very good teams playing in a highly anticipated matchup. I think adding a whole lot of extra fluff to that is really just that...fluff.

I dont think anyone per se is DISAGREEING with you that CP lost alot from the previous few years when they were dominant. I specifically stated as such in my posts as well. ECP fans on this board agree with that as well. Yes, they are not the same team they were when they won 3 straight PA titles.

The problem is, you are quick to point out that CP is "rebuilding" without putting due consideration on the fact that FH is very much so as well. If not moreso. This FH team is NOT the same team the were in previous title years either, wouldn't you agree? You can call yourself a journalist until you're blue in the face. Popular news channels claim to be fair and balanced as well, but anyone with a shred of reasoning abilities can forage through the slanted bias pretty easily. I dont hold a journalism pedigree as making anyone an expert, so to speak. I dont fault or hold against you that you aren't a Fort Hill "fan"...thats fine. And I obviously can tell you know a thing or two about a thing or two. I hold that in higher regard.

But you present with a bias when you put more emphasis on one side of an argument over the other. Whether you intend to or not, I can't make that call, but I can only go by your presentation, and you absolutely present that way. You're not a troll like a few others on here who are just trying to counterpoint everything, so I'm not going that direction. But a team like CP, even in a "rebuilding year" is more formidable than pretty much any other team on any local team's schedule. And I'd say as good a challenge as 90% of the teams in the state of MD. As I referenced in an earlier post, when Dematha came to town back in the mid 90's they were not the same super team they have always been, but they are/were still one of the better teams you'd see during anyone's regular season schedule. And they still beat FH.

This Prep team is not St Frances or Mater Dei, I get it. And perennial public school powers like Martinsburg and Wise have years where they aren't loaded for bear as usual. But as much as anyone would consider Martinsburg or Wise a pretty bold scheduling move for a small (yes GOOD) but small school like FH, I consider C.Prep equally bold. If FH wins, it will be because they outplayed and made fewer mistakes than C.Prep. If CP wins, I would say the same for them, they outplayed and capitalized on FH's mistakes as well.I dont foresee either team particularly blowing the other team out of the water. But if CP comes in hitting a short passing game with success, I think that gives them the edge. If so, they win by 14. If not, I like the 31-30 prediction either way.

I think the whole "rebuild" argument is a wash. Both teams have great history, great programs, good coaching, and are filling some personnel gaps they haven't had to in a while. So that makes the line even. CP has played much stronger competition over the last few weeks, I dont really think that's debatable. They would probably be considered to have a more diverse offense (or capability as such), as well. I do think FH will have success in running the wing T against a team that will have limited experience with it. But like I said, a short, successful (that's the key) passing game from CP could be a more advantageous scoring set up than the wing T is going the other way.

These are two very good teams playing in a highly anticipated matchup. I think adding a whole lot of extra fluff to that is really just that...fluff.

But you present with a bias when you put more emphasis on one side of an argument over the other.

Is there anybody in this forum that doesn't do exactly that, intentional or otherwise.

Reactions: OneRing

Nice post. Anyone know what the weather looks like for kickoff?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT