ADVERTISEMENT

Benedictine OH 45 Cathedral Prep PA 24

bigdawgrefwmd

Hall of Fame Poster
Nov 20, 2004
Cathedral has lost 2 in a row in Ohio The Past few weeks and will be coming to Greenway Ave. Stadium Thursday Night Looking to Change things around.

Can't wait for this game....

Looking at the clip that was posted , we better be able to cover the outside, and contain that QB . A lot of spread with 1 back, gonna be interesting Thursday night. Dont shoot me for saying this, looks like same style as Dunbar, but maybe a step above.

How is their defense? Last time FH played a good team and lost they had really fast players on defense. FH offense couldn’t do much because of the speed

Friendship is who I’m thinking of. Their linebackers were so fast FH couldn’t do much on offense

Dont know to much about how they play up in northern PA and if they see a lot of Wing T offense, hoping our Wing T throws a curve ball at them. But knowing there coach, and he is a class act, He probably has did his homework . Hope its not the case. I really think special teams is gonna be a big factor in this game, Danny might be the factor

Dont know to much about how they play up in northern PA and if they see a lot of Wing T offense, hoping our Wing T throws a curve ball at them. But knowing there coach, and he is a class act, He probably has did his homework . Hope its not the case. I really think special teams is gonna be a big factor in this game, Danny might be the factor

One of their guys who has posted here said they have seen the wing-t from teams in the playoffs.

Reactions: Blueandgold45
OK-bad news -Prep lost and looked really bad.
Good news-the beer was cold and the Chicken wings were excellent after the game.
Good news Tribe won, Browns havent lost to the Rams yet. Bad news The Rays, As and Twins won, and the Rams will probably win Sunday nite.

Prep defense was really gashed with the running game in the first half. The second half the defense was better at stopping the run, but Benedictine beat them in the air.

The loss of Jamiem Howard in the previous game really hurt, he is/ was one of the 2 backs alternating offensive series and is a starting cornerback. He was in a sling, and I cant believe he'll be ready for Fort Hill. Without him Luke Sittinger had to carry the offensive load the whole game and play d. It really showed in the second half. 2 different cornerbacks went out of the game with injuries in the 2nd. half.

Colin Johnson is a decent QB , Sittinger is an great back, and Oedekoven the wideout has good hands. average speed, and thats it. Mischler is a good coach, and based on last year, this team may turn it around.

If Fort Hill is as good as you guys think, they will do more than hang, but will have a great shot to win. Prep is no super team.

Anyway Ill be in Nashville that nite with my wife, and if I try watching or listening to the game, Ill be divorced Friday morning.

Good luck, hope for a good game and no injuries.

OK-bad news -Prep lost and looked really bad.
Prep defense was really gashed with the running game in the first half. The second half the defense was better at stopping the run, but Benedictine beat them in the air.

If Fort Hill is as good as you guys think, they will do more than hang, but will have a great shot to win. Prep is no super team.

Anyway Ill be in Nashville that nite with my wife, and if I try watching or listening to the game, Ill be divorced Friday morning.

Good luck, hope for a good game and no injuries.

Hmmm? Interesting

Last edited:
I’ll go ahead post my score prediction early so because I can see this tread turning into a shit show.

ERIE: 49
FH: 14

I’m as diehard FH as anyone but ERIE is just out of their weight class.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
No because numb nuts wants to to make it sound like they're not a good football team. I honestly see them beating FH by 2 or 3 scores
All he ever said was that the media up there said they were rebuilding.
You implied anything else jackass.

Not quite sure what's going on, but I think Prep is a good team , just doesn't have the impact players as 2016 &17 but should be dangerous in the playoffs. The Benedictine game score I actually thought would be reversed based on recent history, and strength of schedule. Prep usually beats Benedictine,and it was a disappointment,especially the first half. Look if Fort Hill beats Prep it will be an great win for your program.

Not quite sure what's going on, but I think Prep is a good team , just doesn't have the impact players as 2016 &17 but should be dangerous in the playoffs. The Benedictine game score I actually thought would be reversed based on recent history, and strength of schedule. Prep usually beats Benedictine,and it was a disappointment,especially the first half. Look if Fort Hill beats Prep it will be an great win for your program.

Don't try and figure this board out. It's a shit show always has been always will be. Its a Western Maryland thing. The best explanation and/or comparison would be to think of crabs in a barrel. As to your "not knowing what's going on". Lets just say there are a few resident haters that try and diminish and down play any and every FH accomplishment. Best thing to do is just ignore them.. Enjoy the rest of your time on this board wading through the muck.

I don't know anything about Prep, so I asked a couple of sportswriters up there about Prep and they all said they lost quite a bit of talent from last season. Based on that information, and the fact that the officiating tends to go against the away teams in Cumberland, I said it's going to be a close game.

"If you read my original post the first thing I said was the Erie game was an excellent pick-up. The away game next year is going to be extremely tough (for Fort Hill to win). But the game this season is winnable for FH. I said CP will be favored."

I gave an informed opinion, but the Fort Hill people got mad at me for saying they have a chance to win the game, lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: OneRing
Contrasting nights: Thursday Night we will see one of the best opposing teams to ever come to play at Greenway and on Friday night we will see one of the worst opposing programs/teams in the nation come to play at Greenway.

Reactions: RedPride97
Somebody posted a story and mentioned how he heard this would be "rebuilding" team for Prep, and that they shouldn't be as good as they have been.
That's basically all that was said. But that was seen as a challenge to FH honor and people flocked to attack him for having the nerve of posting differing opinions from the FHive Mind. Now that it seems he may have been onto something, the FHive Mind doesn't know any other response but to attack again.

Reactions: BoyznBlue

It's a great match up. I believe Prep should be a significant favorite and before the year is over I see Prep making another title run. I say this agreeing Prep has a really good coaching staff that has been in place for a while and the Hustlers plays with consistency year in and out regardless of who graduated. As I have stated here, Fort Hill lost the entire starting defense and every skill position on offense from 2018. For a small school to replace that and stay extremely competitive is what both of these teams do.

I agree with a few on here...the very inexperienced FH defense just isn't where it needs to be yet to contain a team with the speed and firepower that Prep has at its disposal. The Melbourne Central Catholic team that came here from Florida two seasons ago did the same though, never punted. But FH was able to run the ball and answer every score. For FH to have a shot the same has to happen.

I’m a grad from Fort Hill and ill speak honestly, with some injuries that Prep has FH is still going to have to play the best game up to this point to win this game. No mistakes,control the clock,and win on special teams. Dont shoot me for comparing, but I think Prep does have the upper hand in this game. But if we do the above, it might come down to a flashback of the Melbourne Game in the final seconds. Even if the game is a runaway “hoping not” from Prep, I’m pumped to see this kind of matchup with a quality team at the stadium.It’s gonna bring a decent gate, and the talk and hype about this game which makes it even better to look forward to. My son plays sports in the WV area “at the middle school level”and actually wants to skip practice to watch this game. He has a football mind, but plays the other football game.

I’m a grad from Fort Hill and ill speak honestly, with some injuries that Prep has FH is still going to have to play the best game up to this point to win this game. No mistakes,control the clock,and win on special teams. Dont shoot me for comparing, but I think Prep does have the upper hand in this game. But if we do the above, it might come down to a flashback of the Melbourne Game in the final seconds. Even if the game is a runaway “hoping not” from Prep, I’m pumped to see this kind of matchup with a quality team at the stadium.It’s gonna bring a decent gate, and the talk and hype about this game which makes it even better to look forward to. My son plays sports in the WV area “at the middle school level”and actually wants to skip practice to watch this game. He has a football mind, but plays the other football game.

I think the same thing about the Melbourne game. It's going to come down to a FG late in the fourth quarter.

Yeah, I think even with a few injuries and in "rebuild mode" this Prep team is far above talent of any team we normally see in the stadium or playing against any of our area schools. You also have to realize that teams like C. Prep and other quality private school teams are two platooning, bringing in nearly full offense and defense crews. So to a team full of two-way Ironmen, if you lose your top running back, you may also be losing your top linebacker or defensive back...therefore your offense and defense both take an almost irreplaceable hit. I'm sure losing a player for C. Prep on one side of the ball is just as noticeable, but maybe not to both sides of the ball.

So yeah, all schools lose players. All schools have "rebuild" years, but not all schools have the personnel that a quality private school has. Staff and players alike. I don't know that the injuries and rebuild issue knocks Prep down that many pegs in relation to FH. It'd be like saying that Dematha coming to Greenway on a "down year" is any easier of a task. In fact, if memory serves when Dematha came to Greenway in the mid 90s, they were not considered the same team they normally are, and FH was a quality playoff team, and it was still a two TD win for the Stags.

Just on paper and from a "betting mans" perspective, I'd give Prep a 14 point favor in this one.

Yeah, I think even with a few injuries and in "rebuild mode" this Prep team is far above talent of any team we normally see in the stadium or playing against any of our area schools. You also have to realize that teams like C. Prep and other quality private school teams are two platooning, bringing in nearly full offense and defense crews. So to a team full of two-way Ironmen, if you lose your top running back, you may also be losing your top linebacker or defensive back...therefore your offense and defense both take an almost irreplaceable hit. I'm sure losing a player for C. Prep on one side of the ball is just as noticeable, but maybe not to both sides of the ball.

So yeah, all schools lose players. All schools have "rebuild" years, but not all schools have the personnel that a quality private school has. Staff and players alike. I don't know that the injuries and rebuild issue knocks Prep down that many pegs in relation to FH. It'd be like saying that Dematha coming to Greenway on a "down year" is any easier of a task. In fact, if memory serves when Dematha came to Greenway in the mid 90s, they were not considered the same team they normally are, and FH was a quality playoff team, and it was still a two TD win for the Stags.

Just on paper and from a "betting mans" perspective, I'd give Prep a 14 point favor in this one.
I dont think Prep is in rebuild mode, they just arn't the same team talent wise as the 2015, 16, 17 & probably '18 team, 2015 team lost state champ game, other 3 won. They do platoon the offensive and defensive lines, and the QB doesn't play d. However, the skill players have and do play d. As I posted earlier, Prep runs a single rb out of the backfield. 2 really good backs were alternating offensive series and both played d. One was injured in the ST Eds game, that left 1 one back playing every offensive series and d, and it showed in the second half. I dont know the status of the injured running back or other injured players for Thursday. Maybe this wont mean much, maybe Prep is that much better, or maybe not, thats whats so interesting about this game.

I dont think Prep is in rebuild mode, they just arn't the same team talent wise as the 2015, 16, 17 & probably '18 team, 2015 team lost state champ game, other 3 won. They do platoon the offensive and defensive lines, and the QB doesn't play d. However, the skill players have and do play d. As I posted earlier, Prep runs a single rb out of the backfield. 2 really good backs were alternating offensive series and both played d. One was injured in the ST Eds game, that left 1 one back playing every offensive series and d, and it showed in the second half. I dont know the status of the injured running back or other injured players for Thursday. Maybe this wont mean much, maybe Prep is that much better, or maybe not, thats whats so interesting about this game.

ECP fan here and in my head this is absolutely a rebuild year. Don't tell that to the Sr's parents though. Prep will have their hands full with McDowell and Canisius this season still (McDowell is a local rival who is 4-0 and played a couple tough teams already). I'm expecting Prep to walk through D-10 (Maybe not though as Ft. Lebouf played them very tough last year in the D-10 Championship) and then bowing out of the playoffs to T.J. out of Pittsburgh in the PIAA Quarter Finals. The freshman class at ECP maybe the best to ever walk the halls at Erie, Prep and that is saying a lot!

ECP fan here and in my head this is absolutely a rebuild year. Don't tell that to the Sr's parents though. Prep will have their hands full with McDowell and Canisius this season still (McDowell is a local rival who is 4-0 and played a couple tough teams already). I'm expecting Prep to walk through D-10 (Maybe not though as Ft. Lebouf played them very tough last year in the D-10 Championship) and then bowing out of the playoffs to T.J. out of Pittsburgh in the PIAA Quarter Finals. The freshman class at ECP maybe the best to ever walk the halls at Erie, Prep and that is saying a lot!

Hmmmm, interesting........

Reactions: OneRing
Two traditionally good teams both in rebuild years. One school with all the resources and advantages of a powerful private school with the ability to recruit. The other school, suffering from limited resources and disadvantages of being a small public school in rural America, with an ever dwindling population base. Both schools filled with pride and tradition. This has the makings of a classic David and Goliath.. Can the Sentinels slay the giant? In 24 hours we shall see!

Hmmmm, interesting........

As if on cue, you are so predictable, Boyz.

All other schools rebuild except for Fort Hill.

When the Sentinels beat MSJ about ten years ago it was because it was a rebuilding year for MSJ.

When the Sentinels beat Douglass of PG it was because it was a lean year for the Eagles.

When the Sentinels win a 1A state championship it is because the classification is weak. All the while, FH is close to mid-pack as far as school size goes in MD 1A.

Good programs such as Fort Hill and CP exist. Accept it.

Every good program loses seniors to graduation. In your journalistic eyes, the only program that doesn’t “rebuild” on an annual basis is Fort Hill. Why is that?

Let’s call it even...CP lost some players to graduation and Fort Hill lost its entire defense to graduation.

I have never witnessed a human being so obsessed with diminishing the success of a high school athletic program such as you are with Fort Hill football.

Yes, on paper and based on rankings, Fort Hill should lose tomorrow night. (All posters on this site know how important rankings are to you when it comes to Fort Hill opponents.) However, if they should happen to win you will follow your typical journalistic playbook to state, “I told you CP was rebuilding a few months ago. That is why Fort Hill won.”

You will completely disregard the ingredients of a high-quality program when you make such a statement: quality coaching, scouting, preparation by the coaching staff and team, and building an entire new first-team defense.

You consistently fail to see that high-quality programs are always building in the effort to not have to “rebuild” every few years.

Like Fort Hill, it sounds as if CP is such a program, so please stop your chatter related to such “rebuilding” nonsense.

Peace to you.

When the Sentinels beat MSJ about ten years ago it was because it was a rebuilding year for MSJ.

When the Sentinels beat Douglass of PG it was because it was a lean year for the Eagles.

When the Sentinels win a 1A state championship it is because the classification is weak. All the while, FH is close to mid-pack as far as school size goes in MD 1A.

Every good program loses seniors to graduation. In your journalistic eyes, the only program that doesn’t “rebuild” on an annual basis is Fort Hill. Why is that?

Let’s call it even...CP lost some players to graduation and Fort Hill lost its entire defense to graduation.

I have never witnessed a human being so obsessed with diminishing the success of a high school athletic program such as you are with Fort Hill football.

Yes, on paper and based on rankings, Fort Hill should lose tomorrow night. (All posters on this site know how important rankings are to you when it comes to Fort Hill opponents.) However, if they should happen to win you will follow your typical journalistic playbook to state, “I told you CP was rebuilding a few months ago. That is why Fort Hill won.”

You will completely disregard the ingredients of a high-quality program when you make such a statement: quality coaching, scouting, preparation by the coaching staff and team, and building an entire new first-team defense.

You consistently fail to see that high-quality programs are always building in the effort to not have to “rebuild” every few years.

Like Fort Hill, it sounds as if CP is such a program, so please stop your chatter related to such “rebuilding” nonsense.

Peace to you.

Its called hedging your bets.. If FH wins the haters can say, "see told you that team wasnt any good or the team was over rated". If Fh loses then the haters can say FH lost to a not so good team. Its a win/win in their eyes..

Its called hedging your bets.. If FH wins the haters can say, "see told you that team wasnt any good or the team was over rated". If Fh loses then the haters can say FH lost to a not so good team. Its a win/win in their eyes..
Why do you think every FH fan predicted the sentinels to lose in the pick'em this week? If FH loses, they can say they expected it, but if FH wins they can make it an even bigger deal by saying 'no one gave them a chance.'

Peace to you.
And as expected, another Sentinel Justice Warrior swoops in after overreacting to someone posting someone else's opinion.

That's a lot of anger for one guy saying he heard that Prep wasnt as good as the last few seasons.

What type of snowflake are you when offering an opinion of a team on FH's schedule is seen as attacking FH.

Why do you think every FH fan predicted the sentinels to lose in the pick'em this week? If FH loses, they can say they expected it, but if FH wins they can make it an even bigger deal by saying 'no one gave them a chance.'

I dont think that's a true statement at all.. This shouldn't even need an explanation but i like you so I'll entertain your question. If we're being honest, even with 2 losses, Cathedral should be a heavy favorite. One of their losses was to the defending big school Ohio champion who was ranked either 29th or 39th in the nation. They only lost by 7 pts. Prep is the 3x defending 4a champion in the football rich state of Pa. They're a private school with funding and resources that can recruit. Which is a huge advantage over a small public school with limited resources. I saw somewhere Cathedral was ranked either in the 200s or 300s in the country. FH in the 1600s idk if that's current. On paper I cant fault anyone for picking FH to lose. If anyone is being disingenuous its those who are picking Cathedral to lose. Onering be honest with yourself..

Last edited:
I dont think that's a true statement at all.. This shouldn't even need an explanation but i like you so I'll entertain your question. If we're being honest, even with 2 losses, Cathedral should be a heavy favorite. One of their losses was to the defending big school Ohio champion who was ranked either 29th or 39th in the nation. They only lost by 7 pts. Prep is the 3x defending 4a champion in the football rich state of Pa. They're a private school with funding and resources that can recruit. Which is a huge advantage over a small public school with limited resources. I saw somewhere Cathedral was ranked either in the 200s or 300s in the country. FH in the 1600s idk if that's current. On paper I cant fault anyone for picking FH to lose. If anyone is being disingenuous its those who are picking Cathedral to lose. Onering be honest with yourself..
See, working in the excuses already. You dont even do a good job of hiding it. It's the exact same thing that the FH fans do anytime FH plays someone good. But whatever you have to tell yourself, man.

See, working in the excuses already. You dont even do a good job of hiding it. It's the exact same thing that the FH fans do anytime FH plays someone good. But whatever you have to tell yourself, man.

Ok man not going to get sucked into one of your childish back and forths. Any fair and honest human being can see that FH is hugely disadvantaged fighting up a couple weight classes.. If Allegany scheduled them i would say the same thing and commend them for challenging themselves.. Hate is not a good look. Partiality looks even worse. You have a good day..

Ok man not going to get sucked into one of your childish back and forths. Any fair and honest human being can see that FH is hugely disadvantaged fighting up a couple weight classes.. If Allegany scheduled them i would say the same thing and commend them for challenging themselves.. Hate is not a good look. Partiality looks even worse. You have a good day..
Still building excuses. Throwing in Allegany on a FH thread to boot. It's like you're reading from a manual.

I have repeated this before a few times, but if you really want to understand what a rebuilding process is, here it is for Fort Hill...they lost all 11 starters on defense. On offense they lost the QB, the fullback, both halfbacks, both tight ends, the wide receiver and the biggest offensive tackle they had. So the only true starters FH had coming back were an offensive tackle, two guards and a center. On top of all that they lost both their offensive and defensive coordinators who had been there for well over 10 years.

This is not a "whoa is me" situation because it is not uncommon for FH to go through this every year as they are generally a senior based team. That is what good, small public schools must do to be successful. But I have to admit, FH did lose pretty much the kitchen sink moreso than I can remember for a long time.

I believe the concern for the ECP game is that the FH defense has a long way to go. They are on the smaller side, albeit some quickness, with a ton of inexperience. I don't see FH holding ECP off the scoreboard. But I do believe they can move the ball on offense. This game is so much like the catholic private team FH played from Florida 2 years ago (Melbourne Central Catholic) in that regards but this year's defense is miles behind the one they had that year. However, Melbourne CC never punted so what's the difference? I look for a high scoring affair. But if the FH defense is forced to win the game I don't see it. It may be who has the ball last. Or ECP can get on top and roll.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT