ADVERTISEMENT

Before the season started I took alot of flack..

bigsavage

Blue Chip Poster
Dec 4, 2007
for saying FH will put everyone on a running clock.... Doesn't seem too far fetched now does it?

No, you took a lot of flack about the bitching and moaning about a schedule that none of us can do anything about. Truth be told, we really don't want to see a blowout every week, but that won't change until the State changes it's playoff system. We should find out more about that in late October, early November.

Reactions: Waggle Pass
You predicted a running clock at Keyser? Everyone else up to this point was a no brainer.

I will bet $50 you are wrong and they won't put a running clock on South, Sherando and Alco. One of those teams will have a shot in the 4th quarter.

I also predicted Alco would be 9-0 going into Homecoming with their schedule. Chestnut Ridge will have been their toughest opponent. Do I get a pat on the back?

Last edited:
Reactions: jeremiah_sl_21
You predicted a running clock at Keyser? Everyone else up to this point was a no brainer.

I will bet $50 you are wrong and they won't put a running clock on South, Sherando and Alco. One of those teams will have a shot in the 4th quarter.

I also predicted Alco would be 9-0 going into Homecoming with their schedule. Chestnut Ridge will have been their toughest opponent. Do I get a pat on the back?

Here's my quote... EVERYONE includes keyser and it just snow balled from there.. Mind you this was when people were trying to make holidaysburg out to be some juggernaut...btw dude lose the edge no one is disrespecting you.. Try and have a civil conversation for once...

"I never said they would be on a running clock... I said Sherando would be on a running clock. But if I had to bet, I would bet Allegany is on a running clock also... Only thing might save them is its a rivalry. But with the experience and level they're playing at coupled with their schedule it wouldn't surprise me if Fh puts
-->EVERYONE<--
on a running clock this yr... Me saying that Allegany is terrible was in response to FHHSAHS attempt at pointing out good teams on FH's schedule... Losing 42-0 to Keyser and losing 9 and what is most assurred 10 straight games to FH, half of which were blowouts, in my eyes, that is not a good team... That is terrible!!! Sorry I didn't respond earlier but I didn't think it needed much of an explanation..."

23 Aug 10, 2016

Last edited:
No, you took a lot of flack about the bitching and moaning about a schedule that none of us can do anything about. Truth be told, we really don't want to see a blowout every week, but that won't change until the State changes it's playoff system. We should find out more about that in late October, early November.

Ok you're bringing up schedules and playoffs... Since you did I dont want to hear excuses about the playoff system when 6-4 has made it in West regionals something like 5 of the last 6 seasons... 6-4 gets you in... So that is just a cop out.. But like I said you guys keep mentioning it and then get offended when it's talked about...

Reactions: BoyznBlue
Drop the repititive schedule threads. We heard you 50 posts ago already. Call Appel about it or do something different.

Exactly, if you don't like what I have to type then don't reply. But it's clear you have a huge obsession with FH schedules. It's as if you are totally disrespecting what these kids have and are accomplishing by trying to make them feel as if they have achieved nothing. It's kind of sickening actually. Every thread you start is about the FH schedule. Every one.

We know how you feel already. I don't agree totally with you but also do agree to an extent. I just don't understand why anyone would continue to obsess about it here, there or anywhere.

Exactly, if you don't like what I have to type then don't reply. But it's clear you have a huge obsession with FH schedules. It's as if you are totally disrespecting what these kids have and are accomplishing by trying to make them feel as if they have achieved nothing. It's kind of sickening actually. Every thread you start is about the FH schedule. Every one.

We know how you feel already. I don't agree totally with you but also do agree to an extent. I just don't understand why anyone would continue to obsess about it here, there or anywhere.

You're the one complaining about my posts.. And what's clear is that you have a huge obsession with me... I don't know why a man would obbsess over another man as much as you do..You're stalking every single post... But hey whatever floats your boat... I didn't bring up Fh's schedule as usual someone else did.. The topic was FH putting everyone on a running clock... Whatever you want to infer from that is completely up to you But maybe you should take it up with the people that brought their schedule into it..

Last edited:
You're the one complaining about my posts.. And what's clear is that you have a huge obsession with me... I don't know why a man would obbsess over another man.. But hey whatever floats your boat...

Savage, you sound as if you might be a little bit curious.

Keyser beat Fort Hill last year and two years before that. I consider them a good team in that they are consistently competitive with Fort Hill and beat them. This year they got walloped, it happens. They are down. I was disappointed by Hollidaysburg, but they were always a tough team, and have a winning records against FH. I had no idea they fell that far...but that would be like Dunbar coming up here on a bad year and saying if FH throttles them, they are suddenly horrible. They haven't played in 5 years.

Sherando is a good team. South High is a good team. Allegany is a good team. If FH is super strong and beats them this year, it doesn't make them bad teams.

I mean, is the ONLY way to be a good team to beat Fort Hill every year? I don't know what the alternative is. I mean, that's mad props to gauge a team being strong only by their ability to beat Fort Hill, but I don't think it's accurate.

Tennessee hadn't beaten Florida in 14 years. Do the Vols suck? Or were they just not quite as good as Florida? Ya know? You have to be able to differentiate. These aren't professionals...its a new group of kids, essentially every year, and luckily FH has had a great group each year to go along with some good coaching.

I dont see a running clock against South High or Allegany. and probably not Sherando. but FH is surely favored in those games. But those teams dont suck, just because FH is good. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking with it.

My issue with BrianH and other people like him, not only on this board but also on social media, is that we are talking about high school sports - Why are you taking this stuff so personally? Nobody is "disrespecting the kids?" Why even take it to that level? People feel that it's a soft schedule, so what? You won't find one person to say the kids aren't working hard and deserve every honor they receive. My daughter plays high school varsity sports and my son is active in youth league sports so I do understand some parents going overboard.

Reactions: bigsavage
Just an observation...

The #8 team in the Sun poll, Mount Saint Joseph (MSJ), plays Silver Oak in two weeks. MSJ played Capitol Christian Academy last week (42-0).

The #9 team in the Sun poll, St. Frances Academy (SFA), played Silver Oak a few weeks ago (47-0).

Potomac plays Silver Oak late in the season, and has already played Fairmont Heights (20-14).

One can only assume those teams, especially MSJ and SFA, have a difficult time finding games. Otherwise, they wouldn't have to play some of the same teams Fort Hill and Allegany play. :)

Reactions: sentinel-nurse
Savage, are you saying that something is going on with your sister? Yes, I knew your Mother that well!!!

Keyser beat Fort Hill last year and two years before that. I consider them a good team in that they are consistently competitive with Fort Hill and beat them. This year they got walloped, it happens. They are down. I was disappointed by Hollidaysburg, but they were always a tough team, and have a winning records against FH. I had no idea they fell that far...but that would be like Dunbar coming up here on a bad year and saying if FH throttles them, they are suddenly horrible. They haven't played in 5 years.

Sherando is a good team. South High is a good team. Allegany is a good team. If FH is super strong and beats them this year, it doesn't make them bad teams.

I mean, is the ONLY way to be a good team to beat Fort Hill every year? I don't know what the alternative is. I mean, that's mad props to gauge a team being strong only by their ability to beat Fort Hill, but I don't think it's accurate.

Tennessee hadn't beaten Florida in 14 years. Do the Vols suck? Or were they just not quite as good as Florida? Ya know? You have to be able to differentiate. These aren't professionals...its a new group of kids, essentially every year, and luckily FH has had a great group each year to go along with some good coaching.

I dont see a running clock against South High or Allegany. and probably not Sherando. but FH is surely favored in those games. But those teams dont suck, just because FH is good. That's my opinion, and I'm sticking with it.

Hollidaysburg is VERY young. 34 underclassmen, 19 of which are sophomores. Be interesting to see if they want to extend the series beyond next year when they should be more competitive.

What if Big Savage and BrianH is the same person ? LMAO , just 1 strange dude talking to himself. Or if not maybe they should meet probally make a great couple.

Just an observation...

The #8 team in the Sun poll, Mount Saint Joseph (MSJ), plays Silver Oak in two weeks. MSJ played Capitol Christian Academy last week (42-0).

The #9 team in the Sun poll, St. Frances Academy (SFA), played Silver Oak a few weeks ago (47-0).

Potomac plays Silver Oak late in the season, and has already played Fairmont Heights (20-14).

One can only assume those teams, especially MSJ and SFA, have a difficult time finding games. Otherwise, they wouldn't have to play some of the same teams Fort Hill and Allegany play. :)

You're talking about apples and oranges. MSJ and St. Frances have to play a few easy games a year because they're in a division with Gilman and McDonogh. MSJ also played Good Counsel this year, and they will have to face those teams again in the playoffs. Potomac has Wise and Gwynn Park on their regular season schedule and then have to face a loaded 3A playoffs.

Even if you include the 1A playoffs FH and Alco are playing 95% cupcakes, lol

Potomac/Fairmont Heights is a league game. Silver Oak took the place of Forestville on the Potomac schedule as a week 10 matchup after Forestville closed because at week 10 there probably was no one else to fill with.

Schools that replaced Forestville on schedules include Bel Air (Friendly,swapping last years week 2 match with a week 5 game),Archbishop Carroll (Gwynn Park, week 3),Fort Hill (Fairmont Heights,week 6), Manchester Valley (Surrattsville,week 8),Mervo (Central, week 7), National Collegiate Prep(Largo,week 4), Capitol Christian (Crossland,week 9)

Last edited:
You're talking about apples and oranges. MSJ and St. Frances have to play a few easy games a year because they're in a division with Gilman and McDonogh. MSJ also played Good Counsel this year, and they will have to face those teams again in the playoffs. Potomac has Wise and Gwynn Park on their regular season schedule and then have to face a loaded 3A playoffs.

Even if you include the 1A playoffs FH and Alco are playing 95% cupcakes, lol

Spin spin spin...MC pointed out a flaw in your argument and now its okay for some teams to "play a few easy games". You're a hoot.

Now I see why the Dunbar folks used to get so frustrated with the people who were disgruntled by their success in 1A. I guess it's better to be hated for success than pitied for failure.

Let's get real for a minute. Sherando is NOT "a good team" this year! They are currently 2-3 beating a 1-4 Jefferson and a 0-4 Washington. They should be at .500 this Friday playing a 1-4 James Wood, and should be 5-3 when they play FH (Handley is currently 1-3 who they play the week before FH). Sherando is going to be lucky to even make the VA playoffs this year, and that's with a large playoff field (16 teams in 4A I think). Running clock against Sherando? It wouldn't surprise me.

Back to fantasy land LOL...

Let's get real for a minute. Sherando is NOT "a good team" this year! They are currently 2-3 beating a 1-4 Jefferson and a 0-4 Washington. They should be at .500 this Friday playing a 1-4 James Wood, and should be 5-3 when they play FH (Handley is currently 1-3 who they play the week before FH). Sherando is going to be lucky to even make the VA playoffs this year, and that's with a large playoff field (16 teams in 4A I think). Running clock against Sherando? It wouldn't surprise me.

Back to fantasy land LOL...
Wait What????????????????????????????
Sherando is 2-3 With losses by 1,7 & 7 All to still undefeated Teams but they are NOT ANY GOOD?
They lost 22-21 to Louisa County VA who is 4-0, They lost 35-28 to 5-0 Martinsburg WV and they lost 35-28 to 5-0 Eastern View VA yet they aren't any good?
Sherando will be the 2nd best Team to Enter Greenway Ave. Stadium not named Fort Hill

Hook line and sinker :)

Come on, bs, be honest.

You know and any reasonable person knows that was not your intent. Otherwise, you would not have nibbled and downright taken significant bites out of your own bait (a.k.a. 28% of all posts on this thread belong to you.)

As has been discussed ad nauseum, FH's schedule is what it is just as MSJ's schedule is what it is; just as SFA's schedule is what it is; just as Potomac's schedule is what it is, etc.

If any poster wants to justify MSJ, SFA, and Potomac playing Silver Oak, Capitol Christian, and Fairmont Heights while discrediting 1A FH and 1A AHS for doing the same, so be it.

If that is what gives you happy feet and adds to the happiness and joy in your life, go for it. :)

P.S. A quality fisherman does not need to consistently add bait to his own hook. :)

Last edited:
Come on, bs, be honest.

You know and any reasonable person knows that was not your intent. Otherwise, you would not have nibbled and downright taken significant bites out of your own bait (a.k.a. 1/5 of all posts on this thread belong to you.)

As has been discussed ad nauseum, FH's schedule is what it is just as MSJ's schedule is what it is; just as SFA's schedule is what it is; just as Potomac's schedule is what it is, etc.

If any poster wants to justify MSJ, SFA, and Potomac playing Silver Oak, Capitol Christian, and Fairmont Heights while discrediting 1A FH and 1A AHS for doing the same, so be it.

If that is what gives you happy feet and adds to the happiness and joy in your life, go for it. :)

P.S. A quality fisherman does not need to consistently add bait to his own hook. :)

"P.S. A quality fisherman does not need to consistently add bait to his own hook."

Looks like i've been using the same bait this whole time... But my intent was as I stated to point out that FH would put everyone on a clock... Where the conversation went from their is beyond my control :) As far as your argument of MSJ and SFA and Potomac playing Silver Oak in comparison to FH. As someone has already mentioned those teams play other household names this isn't the case with FH. Its understandable to fill your schedule with a few cream puffs if you're playing 6 or 7 tough games.. Its not understandable to fill your schedule full of cream puffs. But once again it is not my intention to dwell on this topic but I seem to get drawn back into the muck and then get blamed for it... Like you said " is what it is"

In comparison to Mt.St. Josephs schedule since you mentioned them this is my opinion

Good Counsel=really good
St. Mary's Ryken=don't know fill me in
Avalon=meh
space.gif
Capital Christian School=really sucks
Gilman=really good
Silver Oak=really sucks
Loyola=good
Calvert Hall=good
McDonogh=really good
St. Frances=really good
Archbishop Spalding= really good

Last edited:
Reactions: BoyznBlue
Keyser will end up replacing FH with Silver Oak for next year. It's the nature of the beast when you are a winning football program.

This is how I see it historically speaking
Brunswick=really sucks
Keyser=sucks
Holidaysburg= good to really sucks
Silver Oak=really sucks
Capital Christian=really sucks
Fairmont Heights=really sucks
South Hagerstown=really sucks to meh possibly ok
Sherando= ok/good to meh
Allegany=good to meh/sucks

"Thats my opinion, and I'm sticking with it" :)

Last edited:
"P.S. A quality fisherman does not need to consistently add bait to his own hook."

Looks like i've been using the same bait this whole time... But my intent was as I stated to point out that FH would put everyone on a clock... Where the conversation went from their is beyond my control :) As far as your argument of MSJ and SFA and Potomac playing Silver Oak in comparison to FH. As someone has already mentioned those teams play other household names this isn't the case with FH. Its understandable to fill your schedule with a few cream puffs if you're playing 6 or 7 tough games.. Its not understandable to fill your schedule full of cream puffs. But once again it is not my intention to dwell on this topic but I seem to get drawn back into the muck and then get blamed for it... Like you said " is what it is"

In comparison to Mt.St. Josephs schedule since you mentioned them this is my opinion

Good Counsel=really good
Avalon=meh
space.gif
Gilman=really good
Silver Oak=really sucks
Loyola=good
Calvert Hall=good
McDonogh=really good
St. Frances=really good

In regards to Ryken, in a vacuum playing a different schedule they could be considered a decent team. Unfortunately they recently made an ill fated move to full membership in the WCAC and are at an extreme geographic (they are an hour in perfect conditions from the nearest WCAC school)and recruiting disadvantage and will likely end up 0-10 or 1-9.

They are in St. Mary's County and two of the three public schools in that county have historically been awful (they are about 400 yards from Leonardtown High School, a 4A team possibly looking at a 0-10. season) so there isn't a ton to draw from there. Patuxent is just over the TJ Bridge but they aren't getting kids to leave that program and top kids they target in Charles County or in Gwynn Park's district in PG either stay at their home schools where they still get plenty of exposure and win or go to the powerhouse private programs in and around DC.

Everyone in this entire area must play cupcakes. Right Boyz? Even Martinsburg because their schedule is on par with FH.

Good Counsel=really good
Avalon=meh
space.gif
Gilman=really good
Silver Oak=really sucks
Loyola=good
Calvert Hall=good
McDonogh=really good
St. Frances=really good

I would not classify Gilman as "really good" this year. In the past, yes, but since the majority of the coaching staff, including former DeMatha head coach, Bill McGregor, and many players left at the end of last season and are now involved with the program at St. Frances, Gilman is currently 1-3. This is also why SFA, a school with a co-ed enrollment just shy of 200, has made quite a leap. It has become, in a relatively short period of time I might add, the hot bed of recruiting for high school football in the metro-area.

Yes, Gilman beat Dunbar in its opener, but Dunbar has not been nearly as good as it was since the "Tavon Era" ended.

The reality: In 2014, Edmondson beat Dunbar. The "Mighty Ducks" of Douglass beat Edmondson 45 - 2. Well, FH beat the "Mighty Ducks" in the state championship game 40 - 8. While Dunbar made the 2014 2A championship game, Douglass of PG beat the Poets 38-0.

Yes, the MIAA A schools are solid, but keep in mind as recent as 2009 and 2010 FH split with MSJ (won 22 - 12 in 2009 and lost 10 -7 in 2010).

I will say this in defense of bs's argument that FH could play up this year: In 2010, FH had three regular season losses to MSJ, Martinsburg, and TJ. With that being said, FH did make it to the state finals and fell to the Poets 20-14.

Would this have been a year that FH could have or should have scheduled up like 2010? Perhaps, but when all other 1A West teams create schedules to meet their desires to reach the 1A West playoffs, why shouldn't FH?

Keyser sucks, historically speaking? 2 wins in the last 5 years vs FH and they suck? One of those wins against a state champion Fort Hill and they suck?

Thats definitely one mans opinion.

In regards to Ryken, in a vacuum playing a different schedule they could be considered a decent team. Unfortunately they recently made an ill fated move to full membership in the WCAC and are at an extreme geographic (they are an hour in perfect conditions from the nearest WCAC school)and recruiting disadvantage and will likely end up 0-10 or 1-9.

They are in St. Mary's County and two of the three public schools in that county have historically been awful (they are about 400 yards from Leonardtown High School, a 4A team possibly looking at a 0-10. season) so there isn't a ton to draw from there. Patuxent is just over the TJ Bridge but they aren't getting kids to leave that program and top kids they target in Charles County or in Gwynn Park's district in PG either stay at their home schools where they still get plenty of exposure and win or go to the powerhouse private programs in and around DC.

Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT