ADVERTISEMENT

Before the season started I took alot of flack..

Keyser sucks, historically speaking? 2 wins in the last 5 years vs FH and they suck? One of those wins against a state champion Fort Hill and they suck?

Thats definitely one mans opinion.

Yes I've said it before keyser is only good in the minds of area people... Year in and year out keyser people brag about how good they're going to be and they end up getting throttled in the first or 2nd round of the playoffs.yes they beat FH on a few occasions and Bridgeport once I believe.. But going consistently 5-5 6-4 or 7-3 and getting your ass handed to you in the first round doesn't make you a "HISTORICALLY GOOD TEAM".. This is all opinion based and you know they say, one man's trash is another's treasure.

Yes I've said it before keyser is only good in the minds of area people... Year in and year out keyser people brag about how good they're going to be and they end up getting throttled in the first or 2nd round of the playoffs.yes they beat FH on a few occasions and Bridgeport once I believe.. But going consistently 5-5 6-4 or 7-3 and getting your ass handed to you in the first round doesn't make you a "HISTORICALLY GOOD TEAM".. This is all opinion based and you know they say, one man's trash is another's treasure.
You're just running off at the mouth. You say things on here that people won't go fact check. And Keyser beat Bridgeport twice. They are the only AA team to beat Bridgeport since they moved down to AA. You need to check the Keyser record as far as regular season and playoffs. They do ok and they play a pretty good schedule.

You're just running off at the mouth. You say things on here that people won't go fact check. And Keyser beat Bridgeport twice. They are the only AA team to beat Bridgeport since they moved down to AA. You need to check the Keyser record as far as regular season and playoffs. They do ok and they play a pretty good schedule.

Lol I'm sorry I was off by one.. Keyser has beaten Bridgeport twice not once...You say,

"You need to check the Keyser record as far as regular season and playoffs."

Thought you would never ask... Let's take a looksy. According to Maxpreps since 2010 not going to waste time going back much further.

2010 5-5 no playoffs is this good according to you?

2011 7-5 smacked in 2nd round of playoffs 38-8. Good or nah?

2012 12-2 got smacked 35-0 by Wayne final game... I'll give it to you guess this is a good year by keyser's standards.

2013 7-4 throttled by Fairmont 49-28 in the first round..

2014 7-4 crushed by Byrd in first round

2015 9-3 lost in second round..

Looks like in 2008 you went 11-1 but going back to 2006 it's pretty much the same 7-4 6-5 getting crushed in playoff type stuff... I'm going to sum this up with some improvised Jay z lyrics.

"Wvufan You said you been in this ten
I've been in it five - smarten up cuz
Two so so years in ten? I could divide
That's one every let's say two, two of them shits was due
One was - NAHHH, the other was 2008
That's a one hot record every ten year average"

Question, were you one of those guys over on the wvtailgate central board telling all the FH fans to go back to their own message board? If so maybe you should take your own advice. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: towpath94
Spin spin spin...MC pointed out a flaw in your argument and now its okay for some teams to "play a few easy games". You're a hoot.

Now I see why the Dunbar folks used to get so frustrated with the people who were disgruntled by their success in 1A. I guess it's better to be hated for success than pitied for failure.

I have no idea where you're going here, lol - of course you can't play a tough team every week. But FH and Alco have gone to the other extreme: rarely scheduling a challenging opponent.

I've never heard anyone criticize Dunbar except on this board, and that was mainly because they were beating the Cumberland schools every year in football and basketball.

Reactions: bigsavage
I have no idea where you're going here, lol - of course you can't play a tough team every week. But FH and Alco have gone to the other extreme: rarely scheduling a challenging opponent.

I've never heard anyone criticize Dunbar except on this board, and that was mainly because they were beating the Cumberland schools every year in football and basketball.

So you're saying they're just like every other public school.

Where I was going with that, Boyz, is that bigsavage was talking about how sucky Keyser is because they finish seasons with 3 or 4 losses every year. We're talking about Keyser now, stop talking about FH all the time, it's not always about them. ;)

Anyhoo. Keyser has those 3 or 4 losses every year because they play some tough teams. Fort Hill, Alco and Bridgeport every year and in many years, a loss to each of those. So it's complete BS to say a team with 3 or 4 losses every year sucks, just for that reason.

Reactions: Big Campers Fan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT