ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone have any predictions for the area basketball scene?

OneRing

Blue Chip Poster
Jul 11, 2011
I seem to follow basketball a little less each year, and really have no clue as to how the area might look this year. I'm assuming Southern wont suck, and I'd have to think Allegany cant be any worse than last year. That's the extent of what I'm willing to take a guess at.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
Allegany is 2-3 years away. They have a very good 9th grade team and a very good 8th grade team. One of the 9th graders went to BW, he is going back to Allegany doesn’t like it at BW. In about 2 years Allegany will have very good basketball teams.

Reactions: OneRing
Southern should be every bit as strong as last year and should repeat as area champ. Graduated Rodeheaver boy who was POY but may miss their other guard more who handled the press. They do have some nice players to fill in and this team's scorers may perhaps be even more productive than last years. Added a soph who is a good bball player and even better baseball pitcher.
Northern will be talented as well , but will miss the Rush kid who was injured during football. They have some good athletes especially on the outside. I really don't know much about the Ridge this year but I'd expect Frankfort to be very good as well as they have had that good junior class which has been successful in the past. FH usually gets such a late start due to their late football playoff runs, but Stubbs will be good I'm sure.

I know Ridge will have good basketball in 2-3 years as well, the freshman class at Ridge is good they battled with the Freshman class at Allegany for every tournament championship last couple years and had some really good games. I’m not sure what Ridge has this year, but they will be good up and coming. In a couple years there will be some good local basketball

Bedford Smacked Allegany around last week in a Scrimmage
It was Williamsport that smacked Allegany last weekend. Allegany scrimmaged Holidaysburg yesterday. Not sure how that turned out. Irons has his work cut out for him again this year, they are bad

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT