ADVERTISEMENT

Allegany/ FH softball

Kyra Pittman 7 Petersburg 0
Uh correct me if I'm wrong but don't you have to hit to score runs. You sound like a parent or coach from the FH softball team who can't stand getting your butt whipped by Allegany. I would have to say that you probably have no idea about anything softball related or just very very jealous of Allegany.

Can you read? Who pitched for Alco? Same pitcher every game. Tomorrow she will pitch again for the 4th time in 5 days. right? That's a joke and why few follow softball. We all know who is winning the 1A state title. Another girl who plays in Chesapeake City.
Once again acting like you know something about Allegany softball. So tell me who do they play tomorrow?

You have obviously mistaken me for someone who cares about girls softball. None of the schools around here is going to do squat on a larger level. But have fun with watching Pittman play every game if it pleases you so.

You have obviously mistaken me for someone who cares about girls softball. None of the schools around here is going to do squat on a larger level. But have fun with watching Pittman play every game if it pleases you so.
Are you aware that Allegany has 2 girls committed to D1 schools and a third committed to a D3 school. News flash neither of the three last names begin with a P

Yea and Kyra Pittman pitched that game. If she doesn't pitch against Petersburg they'll get crushed. I don't care howw many games they have played. Kyra pitches in every one of them. That's not a sport to me. It's a one person show. Go Alco Pittman!

There needs to be a rule where a kid can only pitch once every 3 games. Otherwise people don't care to follow the sport unless they have a kid in the game. It's not a sport at this level. It's just a one person event when there is an ace pitcher and a bunch of teenage girls who can't hit her. The fact she has to pitch tonight for the 3rd time in 4 days tells me Alco doesn't have much else.
Cheered your ass off when some nameless FH running back got 30-some carries, or ran a trap 15 straight plays, though didnt ya?

That's like saying that because FH just pitched the ball to Ty Johnson and let him run, they didnt have anyone else. Or FH doesn't pass because they've never had anyone capable of throwing or catching the ball. Having to run the ball 14 of 15 plays tells you they cant do anything else, right?

Your rule change suggestion is basically the same as saying Brayden Brown cant play in the backfield 2 out of 3 games.

After complaining about teams who refuse to play FH because they are too good, you now want to limit where a kid can play because she is too good?

Cheered your ass off when some nameless FH running back got 30-some carries, or ran a trap 15 straight plays, though didnt ya?

That's like saying that because FH just pitched the ball to Ty Johnson and let him run, they didnt have anyone else. Or FH doesn't pass because they've never had anyone capable of throwing or catching the ball. Having to run the ball 14 of 15 plays tells you they cant do anything else, right?

Your rule change suggestion is basically the same as saying Brayden Brown cant play in the backfield 2 out of 3 games.

After complaining about teams who refuse to play FH because they are too good, you now want to limit where a kid can play because she is too good?
Very good points. Never thought about it that way but you are exactly right to the point.

If we really want to make this silly comparison, Pittman pitching every game is the equivalent of Ty Johnson or Brayden Brown getting the ball every single snap every single game. That is the foolishness of it. But football doesn't work that way.

Has anyone else started a game pitching for Alco this year? Anybody? It's like Justin Verlander pitching every game for the Astros. I'm not interested in seeing that even if it was possible.

I enjoy volleyball and really enjoyed following a successful Alco girls basketball season. But high school softball is not a true team sport. It's just about one ace pitcher if you have one. Has nothing to do with Alco. That goes for the entire sport everywhere. FH did the same in their softball state title run. No need to get your blue balls all tied up. Not everything in the world revolves around Alco vs. FH. I just do not enjoy seeing the same pitcher in every single game.

Good luck with Maddie Penta's 70 mph fastball. You know she is pitching every game of the playoffs. If you think that is a way to play sports then your softball season will be over soon enough. For as bad as FH softball may be, give them Penta as a pitcher and they may go undefeated. If you cannot see the hideous nature of this, I don't care.

Last edited:
If we really want to make this silly comparison, Pittman pitching every game is the equivalent of Ty Johnson or Brayden Brown getting the ball every single snap every single game. That is the foolishness of it. But football doesn't work that way.

Has anyone else started a game pitching for Alco this year? Anybody? It's like Justin Verlander pitching every game for the Astros. I'm not interested in seeing that even if it was possible.

I enjoy volleyball and really enjoyed following a successful Alco girls basketball season. But high school softball is not a true team sport. It's just about one ace pitcher if you have one. Has nothing to do with Alco. That goes for the entire sport everywhere. FH did the same in their softball state title run. No need to get your blue balls all tied up. Not everything in the world revolves around Alco vs. FH. I just do not enjoy seeing the same pitcher in every single game.

Good luck with Maddie Penta's 70 mph fastball. You know she is pitching every game of the playoffs. If you think that is a way to play sports then your softball season will be over soon enough. For as bad as FH softball may be, give them Penta as a pitcher and they may go undefeated. If you cannot see the hideous nature of this, I don't care.
You sure do seem to know a lot about local and Bo Manor softball not to care. Yes it is absolutely the equivalent of handing the ball to the same person 25 times a game. I am sure know that pitching definitely is a major part of softball or baseball but you do have to score runs to win. In which cas if you didn't know that means hitting the ball. I really believe that you can not take it that Allegany is a dominant team. Yes they are good very good. Will they beat Bo Manor if they play them , who knows. For you to say this team isn't any good is absolutley crazy. Do you know in the last 3 years they have dominated in softball with a record of 49-5. I would
take that any day no matter who is pitching. And by the way Bo Manor is not undefeated this year either

Last edited:

Too many times to count where a FH has had one running back with 30-35 carries. Many times in back-to-back games.

Did anyone but Braiden Poling play at his linebacker position in four years? That had to be brutal for you, watching the same player play the exact same position every game. How many other people got to play fullback when Josh Page was there?

People dont enjoy watching the fullback run the ball 35 times a game, or see only two passes a game. Who cares that FH wins a lot? The really dont count because the games are boring.

Reactions: cumbfanatic
You sure do seem to know a lot about local and Bo Manor softball not to care. Yes it is absolutely the equivalent of handing the ball to the same person 25 times a game. I am sure know that pitching definitely is a major part of softball or baseball but you do have to score runs to win. In which cas if you didn't know that means hitting the ball. I really believe that you can not take it that Allegany is a dominant team. Yes they are good very good. Will they beat Bo Manor if they play them , who knows. For you to say this team isn't any good is absolutley crazy. Do you know in the last 3 years they have dominated in softball with a record of 49-5. I would
take that any day no matter who is pitching. And by the way Bo Manor is not undefeated this year either

At no point did I ever type that Alco wasn't any good. In fact if they have a good supply of talent they would be better served to force other teams to do more than just rely on an ace pitcher.

To avoid more confusion, I don't have a problem with Alco softball. I have a problem when one ace pitcher pitches EVERY SINGLE GAME. Fort Hill did it too when they had one. Everyone does it. Is it really a stretch for some one like me to step up and say I think softball would be better off with a rule that forced teams to use more than one pitcher?

As for why I seem to know so much about Bo Manor is a simple 2 minute Google search. Not sure why that would need an explanation. I also found some video of the Penta girl pitching during my search. Damn, I couldn't get a hit against her to save my life. It's like watching the old King and His Court where the King pitched with only 2 outfielders and no one beat them. No one can hit the ball.

Last edited:
I can say I don’t follow high school softball but I will say softball is probably the only team sport where 1 person can win you games. Who cares if alco has a pitcher throwing everyday? This isn’t baseball, there’s very little strain on her arm and if she can throw every day then ride her arm until you can’t any more. It doesn’t matter if it’s high school, college, or hell even the national teams find their ace and use them until they either win it all or someone figured out how to hit her. Congratulations to the young lady for being a dominant pitcher.

Reactions: OneRing
At no point did I ever type that Alco wasn't any good. In fact if they have a good supply of talent they would be better served to force other teams to do more than just rely on an ace pitcher.

To avoid more confusion, I don't have a problem with Alco softball. I have a problem when one ace pitcher pitches EVERY SINGLE GAME. Fort Hill did it too when they had one. Everyone does it. Is it really a stretch for some one like me to step up and say I think softball would be better off with a rule that forced teams to use more than one pitcher?

As for why I seem to know so much about Bo Manor is a simple 2 minute Google search. Not sure why that would need an explanation. I also found some video of the Penta girl pitching during my search. Damn, I couldn't get a hit against her to save my life. It's like watching the old King and His Court where the King pitched with only 2 outfielders and no one beat them. No one can hit the ball.

In an earlier post you stated Alco doesn't have much more. Stott D1 commit, Evix D1 commit and Twigg a D3 commit. Sounds like they have a little more than you think. These 3 and Pittman along with the Cooper girl from Petersburg all play on the same elite travel team.By the way Cooper is a D1 commit as well

If most any area team had the Penta girl on the mound they would beat Alco. Now what's that say?

If most any area team had the Penta girl on the mound they would beat Alco. Now what's that say?
I say with Pittman, Stott, Evix and Twigg that it is not a guarantee. You have to score runs to win games. So once again you pretty much say Alco doesn't have much

Matt Fuzie real good player with a lot of potential. Currently a sophomore, playing football as well he isn’t involved in a lot of extras in baseball. He could definitely be so much further ahead

BTW Keyser beat Braddock in the girls softball championship game 5-4, by playing smart small ball. Braddock has a real good team and a pitcher that throws hard. Keyser pitcher doesn’t throw hard at all, but was great changing speeds and changing locations to keep a powerful Braddock team off balance. Braddock has some real good hitters and she threw one of the best games I’ve ever seen pitched and she did not throw fast just to show it can be more than the pitcher. On the opposite side the girl throwing for Braddock throws very fast and Keyser couldn’t get the bat around, but still scored runs. The girls on the Braddock team do very well playing travel ball, they are a good team. It was a real great game played by Keyser. It shows it takes more than a pitcher

BTW Keyser beat Braddock in the girls softball championship game 5-4, by playing smart small ball. Braddock has a real good team and a pitcher that throws hard. Keyser pitcher doesn’t throw hard at all, but was great changing speeds and changing locations to keep a powerful Braddock team off balance. Braddock has some real good hitters and she threw one of the best games I’ve ever seen pitched and she did not throw fast just to show it can be more than the pitcher. On the opposite side the girl throwing for Braddock throws very fast and Keyser couldn’t get the bat around, but still scored runs. The girls on the Braddock team do very well playing travel ball, they are a good team. It was a real great game played by Keyser. It shows it takes more than a pitcher
Yes it does but not if you ask Brian H1974

Yep. Pittman was the starting pitcher in every single game but what 2 of them? No thanks. Not interested. Continue to talk amongst yourselves.

Reactions: ConeyIsland
How far into the playoffs are the girls? Who’s left?
Second round is supposed to start today but pretty sure it won't happen. Alco plays Ridge and Northern plays Southern. The winner plays Wednesday night and the winner of that plays Friday night in the region championship

Railroaders beat Alco, win West Region for first time in school history. The Campers lone pitcher Kyra Pittman, who pitched for the 3rd time in 4 days, hurled a two hitter with 7 strike outs according to the newspaper to end the season.

Railroaders beat Alco, win West Region for first time in school history. The Campers lone pitcher Kyra Pittman, who pitched for the 3rd time in 4 days, hurled a two hitter with 7 strike outs according to the newspaper to end the season.
I bet you are loving this. Once again not the only pitcher just the best one the have. You are a complete idot and have no idea about softball. And for the record she thew just as hard if not harder last night. No sense in a arguing with an idiot though. Allegany still remains dominated in softball and will for quite a few years

Last edited:
I could care.less about local teams winning or losing in softball. My hang up, which has been made clear several times, is that one pitcher who pitches every single game is not a legit sport. Softball and baseball is not the same as football or basketball. Pitcher and batter is 80 to 90% of the game. Until the MPSSAA passes some form of a rule where teams are forced to use more than one ace pitcher then it deserves criticism.

As for the girls playing, god bless them. I was actually pulling for the Campers whether you believe it or not. But as for me actually watching a game I have better things to do than sit there and see the same girl striking everyone out day in and day out, like watching paint dry.

As for being an idiot, sorry to hear Alco will remain dominated in softball for quite some time.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Which once again shows it takes more than pitching.

If it takes more than pitching then why is the same girl pitching every single game but one? If Pittman doesn't pitch does Alco lose? She just pitched 3 out of 4 days. That's insane. Obviously coaches don't feel confident in "the rest of the team" to force the same girl on the mound every single time.

Not to start a war but how far has Allegany football fallen if the #1 sport at Allegany High School is now girls softball?

Absolutely no disrespect to the girls softball team. They are awesome.

No matter how you choose to spin it, Allegany is (or once was) a "football" high school.

If it takes more than pitching then why is the same girl pitching every single game but one? If Pittman doesn't pitch does Alco lose? She just pitched 3 out of 4 days. That's insane. Obviously coaches don't feel confident in "the rest of the team" to force the same girl on the mound every single time.
That’s not insane. That’s normal in softball. There is no information about a softball pitcher requiring season ending shoulder surgery or tommy john surgery. No strain on the arm is what allows girls to throw 3 and 4 games a week.

Reactions: money316 and alco65
So Brunswick must not feel comfortable either as their pitcher pitched all playoff games already. you obviously don't know anything about softball.

Not to start a war but how far has Allegany football fallen if the #1 sport at Allegany High School is now girls softball?

Absolutely no disrespect to the girls softball team. They are awesome.

No matter how you choose to spin it, Allegany is (or once was) a "football" high school.
I wouldn't go as far to they are a football school. Allegany is an academic school first then an athletic school. True football has struggled as of late but almost every other sport has fared pretty good. I truly think football will be back, I think basketball will be back as well.

Reactions: money316
So Brunswick must not feel comfortable either as their pitcher pitched all playoff games already. you obviously don't know anything about softball.
And by the way, I promise you Penta will pitch every game in the playoffs

Last edited:
And by the way, I promise you Penta will pitch every game in the playoffs
That’s not insane. That’s normal in softball. There is no information about a softball pitcher requiring season ending shoulder surgery or tommy john surgery. No strain on the arm is what allows girls to throw 3 and 4 games a week.

How many innings did that pitcher throw at Bohemia Manor .........800. ? Never bothered her.

Under arm throwing is a natural motion. Allegany has a good pitcher she only gave up two hits and still lost. Just like Abby Britton the 7th grader at Braddock she is dominant on the mound Keyser couldn’t hit her, but Keyser still won. Pitching isn’t everything because Braddock and Alco both lost with dominant pitchers. The opposing teams beat them by bunting, “poking” the ball etc playing much smarter small ball. Also, they need to field

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT